alex revision

Default Asteroid's been following us for 250,000 years

Asteroid's been following us for 250,000 years

Despite odd horseshoe orbit, it poses no risk of hitting Earth, scientists say

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42475565...science-space/

Old April 12th, 2011 #2
A. Ryan

Quote:
A newfound asteroid has been discovered to be trailing Earth on an oddball course: an orbit that looks a lot like a horseshoe.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42475565...science-space/

If

the center of mass of the earth, asteroid system (which is a point close to the center of the sun) is used as the origin for the orbits

then

there is nothing that even resembles a horseshoe orbit. In fact the asteroid will orbit the sun following a path much like the earth does.

To get the horseshoe orbit for this asteroid, the earth must used as the point for the origin of coordinates and the earth must be orbiting the sun. In which case an honest diagram would also depict the sun as orbiting the earth. Neither is shown in the MSNBC diagram.

Now that kikes have taken over everything, science has become contaminated with gee-whiz, half-truths and sometimes total lies.

And, yes I know how to use rotating coordinates which are of value in certain instances. The point here is that crap and misdirection were piled onto the facts so thickly that I couldn't avoid commenting.

Old April 12th, 2011 #3
Justin
Banned

Last time I checked horse shoes were open on one end, making it sort of hard to have something orbit that way...

Old April 13th, 2011 #4
Armstrong
Banned

See!! I told you we were being followed....

Thread