Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 29th, 2013 #1
William Herring

Default The Misfits.

I can't lie- I love the Misfits. They were crude, raw and totally unapologetic. And if you didn't like them- they basically told you to go and fuck yourself and buy a Carpenters album instead.lol

And, my minor claim to fame- Thursday, April 13 1995, I got shitfaced with Glen Danzig and John Christ after the Korn, Marilyn Manson and Danzig concert at the Fargo Civic Center. I was 18 and it was AWESOME. LOL Danzig and I were backstage and I commented that while waiting for the doors to open, about 25 Canadian kids were sitting on the lawn of the Civic Center- and they were all wearing the same identical black Danzig t-shirt. The first rule of going to a concert- you never, EVER wear a shirt of the band you are going to see. Fucking lame dude. So lame. Glen looked at me and said, "That is GAY. Totally. Do you like tequila?" The rest of the evening was kind of a blur, but I do recall having one damn good time getting hammered with the guy who founded the Misfits. lolol

Old June 30th, 2013 #2
Serbian

Fuck Jerry Only for totally destroying the name and legacy of this once great seminal band.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old July 2nd, 2013 #3
William Herring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
Fuck Jerry Only for totally destroying the name and legacy of this once great seminal band.
Yes indeed.

Old July 3rd, 2013 #4
Cassinelli
Fino all'ultimo

I was a huge of misftis. I became a greatest fan when I read this:

SECONDS: You've raised the question of what's wrong with being proud to be White.

DANZIG: Why would I not be proud of being White? "Look what all the White people have done --" Well, look what all the Black people have done. Look what all the Mexican people have done. Every race has a ahadaw east over it at some point in history. What race am I? I'm a mutt, I'm a mix of a bunch of different stuff and so is everybody else. There is no "original" race anymore. As far as me being an Aryan or a racist, anyone who knows me knows that's bullshit. But if there's a race war, what I am going to do? Twenty Black guys with guns aren't going to care that I'm not with anybody.

Source: http://www.the7thhouse.com/news/Articles/seconds44.htm

Misftis is fucking amazing, such a pity that became into a teenager-punk band.

Old July 3rd, 2013 #5
Serbian

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old July 6th, 2013 #6
William Herring

Good stuff man. I love Danzig. This reminds me of cruising around in my '75 Trans Am when I was 16 drinking Budweiser and smoking pot. Disclaimer- 16 was one LONG fucking time ago and I haven't smoked marijuana for nearly 20 years, so no flame posts, ok? I am nearly 37 years old- 16 may has well have been the fucking Jurassic Era.....lololol

Old July 6th, 2013 #7
Karl Lueger

quote:
We've had slavery forever. It kills me when everyone acts like Black people were the only slaves. Tell that to the Spanish people down in Mexico who were made slaves. Tell that to the families in Germany and England who were all slaves at one time.

If you stand for anything, you're considered a racist.

DANZIG: They can suck my dick and die. There's so many double standards. If you're proud and White, all of a sudden you're racist That's not the case and anyone with half a brain knows that. Unfortunately, we live in a world where a lot of people don't have half a brain. People try to acquiesce to certain groups and then that becomes a reverse inequality.

SECONDS: The racists aren't the problem anymore; it's the virulent anti-racists who cause trouble.

so true, "antis", those hate filled losers, are even worse than shitskins.

Rambo, John J.

Old July 7th, 2013 #8
William Herring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lueger View Post
quote:
We've had slavery forever. It kills me when everyone acts like Black people were the only slaves. Tell that to the Spanish people down in Mexico who were made slaves. Tell that to the families in Germany and England who were all slaves at one time.

If you stand for anything, you're considered a racist.

DANZIG: They can suck my dick and die. There's so many double standards. If you're proud and White, all of a sudden you're racist That's not the case and anyone with half a brain knows that. Unfortunately, we live in a world where a lot of people don't have half a brain. People try to acquiesce to certain groups and then that becomes a reverse inequality.

SECONDS: The racists aren't the problem anymore; it's the virulent anti-racists who cause trouble.

so true, "antis", those hate filled losers, are even worse than shitskins.

DANZIG - CANTSPEAK. - YouTube
You do have a valid point my friend. But we're just talking about music man. Just because a band may have ultra-retarded liberal views doesn't mean they don't play great music. Case in point- Neil Young is a liberal dickhole- but his stuff from the early 1970's is awesome. Come on, Heart of Gold, Cinnamon Girl, Old Man..... Don Henley from the Eagles did some amazing work in his solo career, (Boys of Summer), and he is a total liberal assclown fucktard. I am a guitar player and I love all kinds of music and different genres of music. I separate myself from the artist and whatever political views they may have and simply listen to their music for what it is- excellent music. Layne Staley from Alice In Chains was a heroin junkie and a liberal jack off- but that guy had one hell of a set of pipes and could write amazing songs. You have to find a place in life where you can ignore someone's faults and give them credit where it is due. See what I am saying?

Old August 13th, 2013 #9
William from Vinland

The Misfits was the first band I ever got into. I discovered them when I was twelve and I loved their music ever since.

Thread