Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 12th, 2009 #1
OTPTT
Banned

Default Elisha Strom Makes the Washington Post Editorial.

'Uh-Oh They're Here'

A persistent blogger annoys police -- and winds up in jail.

Monday, August 10, 2009

A 34-YEAR-OLD woman, the mother of a 12-year-old girl, has been locked up in a Virginia jail for three weeks and could remain there for at least another month. Her crime? Blogging about the police.

Elisha Strom, who appears unable to make the $750 bail, was arrested outside Charlottesville on July 16 when police raided her house, confiscating notebooks, computers and camera equipment. Although the Charlottesville police chief, Timothy J. Longo Sr., had previously written to Ms. Strom warning her that her blog posts were interfering with the work of a local drug enforcement task force, she was not charged with obstruction of justice or any similar offense. Rather, she was indicted on a single count of identifying a police officer with intent to harass, a felony under state law.

It's fair to say that Ms. Strom was unusually focused on the Jefferson Area Drug Enforcement task force, a 14-year-old unit drawn mainly from the police departments of Charlottesville, Albemarle County and the University of Virginia. (Her blog at http://iheartejade.blogspot.com, expresses the view that the task force is "nothing more than a group of arrogant thugs.") In a nearly year-long barrage of blog posts, she published snapshots she took in public of many or most of the task force's officers; detailed their comings and goings by following them in her car; mused about their habits and looks; hinted that she may have had a personal relationship with one of them; and, in one instance, reported that she had tipped off a local newspaper about their movements.

Predictably, this annoyed law enforcement officials, who, it's fair to guess, comprised much of her readership before her arrest. But what seems to have sent them over the edge -- and skewed their judgment -- is Ms. Strom's decision to post the name and address of one of the officers with a street-view photo of his house.

All this information was publicly available, including the photograph, which Ms. Strom gleaned from municipal records. The task force's officers may have worked undercover on occasion, but one wonders about their undercover abilities, given that Ms. Strom was able to out them so consistently. Chief Longo warned Ms. Strom that her blog posts were scaring off informants and endangering the officers and their families, but he provided no evidence. At no point did Ms. Strom's blog express a threat, explicit or otherwise, to police or their sources.

Ms. Strom is not the most sympathetic symbol of free-speech rights. She has previously advocated creating a separate, all-white nation, and her blog veers from the whimsical to the self-righteous to the bizarre. But the real problem here is the Virginia statute, in which an overly broad, ill-defined ban on harassment-by-identification, specifically in regard to police officers, seems to criminalize just about anything that might irritate targets.

It should not be a crime to annoy the cops, whose raid on Ms. Strom's house looks more like a fit of pique than an act of law enforcement. Some of her postings may have consisted of obnoxious speech, but they were nonetheless speech and constitutionally protected. That would hold true right up through her last blog post, written as the police raid on her home began at 7 a.m.: "Uh-Oh They're Here."

Last edited by OTPTT; August 12th, 2009 at 09:16 AM.

Old August 12th, 2009 #2
Knas
Banned

I dont get it, what's her fucking problem?

Old August 12th, 2009 #3
Knas
Banned

She's really a piece of work, why does she hate Jade? Did her new nigger boyfriend get busted by JADE?

Old August 12th, 2009 #4
Joe_J.
Radio active

Wow. Wasn't this nutjob a VNN moderator for a while?

The real question, though, is how such an obscure, unimportant person who is one of many thousands of people arrested every day in the Kwa, with a blog (of which there are millions, I suspect) made the pages of such a major media organ?

Old August 12th, 2009 #5
George Witzgall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_J. View Post
Wow. Wasn't this nutjob a VNN moderator for a while?

The real question, though, is how such an obscure, unimportant person who is one of many thousands of people arrested every day in the Kwa, with a blog (of which there are millions, I suspect) made the pages of such a major media organ?
she was arrested for making public (on her blog) information that is readily available to the public (like pictures and records that are publicly accessible). seems like something is wrong here.

Old August 12th, 2009 #6
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
she was arrested for making public (on her blog) information that is readily available to the public (like pictures and records that are publicly accessible). seems like something is wrong here.
I don't disagree with that.

OTOH, why would such a case make a big media outlet? BIG Jew media doesn't publish stories without a reason. There is really no reason to publish this arrest or publicize it. Normally, anyone proWhite that is arrested like this is allowed to rot away with no media attention. She has friends in high places it would seem.

After this case and the Bill White case, noone should ever wonder why "outing" people is verboten here. Further, she should have learned a lesson from Bill White's case.

Old August 12th, 2009 #7
George Witzgall

Quote:
I don't disagree with that.

OTOH, why would such a case make a big media outlet? BIG Jew media doesn't publish stories without a reason. There is really no reason to publish this arrest or publicize it. Normally, anyone proWhite that is arrested like this is allowed to rot away with no media attention. She has friends in high places it would seem.

After this case and the Bill White case, noone should ever wonder why "outing" people is verboten here. Further, she should have learned a lesson from Bill White's case.
police abusing their power vs. white supremacy

it's a toss-up for the msm.

Old August 12th, 2009 #8
Joe_J.
Radio active

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Witzgall View Post
police abusing their power vs. white supremacy

it's a toss-up for the msm.
Not sure about that. Kwaps abuse their authority left and right in the kwa and very little of it makes the news. Personally, I would consider the nigger kwap busted for waving his pistol around and yelling 'das racist' in a drive through over the time of his order to be a more interesting story that Strom's. That is just one example. In fact, I once found a blog that did nothing but compile crooked kwap stories and there were lots of them.

From the text of the story, it would seem that Strom has rejected WNism, so that isn't much of an angle to play up.

Old August 12th, 2009 #9
Zenos

I think the publicity comes from the fact they're trying to make bloggers think twice about what they say in their blogs. Throw in the fact that she's a White racist and it's even better.

It doesn't matter whether or not she's innocent, or if it's later determined to be protected speech.

Here's how I see it:

They can arrest you for no reason, throw you in jail, make you prove you're innocent all the while totally wiping out your finances. Then after it's proven you were exercising free speech, hold you anyway on the idea if you have these types of opinions, you're a threat to the community, and the community will be safer if you're kept behind bars.

The internet is the only place where non jew approved ideas and opinions can be read, so they're going to do anything they to shut it up.

Old August 13th, 2009 #10
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
I think the publicity comes from the fact they're trying to make bloggers think twice about what they say in their blogs. Throw in the fact that she's a White racist and it's even better.

It doesn't matter whether or not she's innocent, or if it's later determined to be protected speech.

Here's how I see it:

They can arrest you for no reason, throw you in jail, make you prove you're innocent all the while totally wiping out your finances. Then after it's proven you were exercising free speech, hold you anyway on the idea if you have these types of opinions, you're a threat to the community, and the community will be safer if you're kept behind bars.

The internet is the only place where non jew approved ideas and opinions can be read, so they're going to do anything they to shut it up.
Its called having a "chilling effect." And it is extremely common. I've experienced it over some really petty things: Many cops are simply not that bright. However, with some people, its like throwing gasoline on a fire.

I'd be interested to see how Justice Sotomayor would rule on this sort of thing, including whether it should be stopped, by including perhaps setting the stage for heavy punitive damages and a doable standard of evidence for plaintiffs in civil suits against cops that engage in it. In other times that would be a liberal agenda item.

This is where designating Americans "domestic terrorists" is headed full-steam. It really began in earnest with Gordon Kahl, where you'll hear a discussion of branding him with that label to justify unleashing everything against him here:

http://vids.rationalveracity.com/v/2...xes-1-of-2.htm

http://vids.rationalveracity.com/v/2...es-2-of-2.html

Last edited by -JC; August 13th, 2009 at 08:09 AM.

Old August 13th, 2009 #11
MASHER
OnThePathToTrustMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
'Uh-Oh They're Here'

A persistent blogger annoys police -- and winds up in jail.

Monday, August 10, 2009

A 34-YEAR-OLD woman, the mother of a 12-year-old girl, has been locked up in a Virginia jail for three weeks and could remain there for at least another month. Her crime? Blogging about the police.

Elisha Strom, who appears unable to make the $750 bail, was arrested outside Charlottesville on July 16 when police raided her house, confiscating notebooks, computers and camera equipment. Although the Charlottesville police chief, Timothy J. Longo Sr., had previously written to Ms. Strom warning her that her blog posts were interfering with the work of a local drug enforcement task force, she was not charged with obstruction of justice or any similar offense. Rather, she was indicted on a single count of identifying a police officer with intent to harass, a felony under state law.

It's fair to say that Ms. Strom was unusually focused on the Jefferson Area Drug Enforcement task force, a 14-year-old unit drawn mainly from the police departments of Charlottesville, Albemarle County and the University of Virginia. (Her blog at http://iheartejade.blogspot.com, expresses the view that the task force is "nothing more than a group of arrogant thugs.") In a nearly year-long barrage of blog posts, she published snapshots she took in public of many or most of the task force's officers; detailed their comings and goings by following them in her car; mused about their habits and looks; hinted that she may have had a personal relationship with one of them; and, in one instance, reported that she had tipped off a local newspaper about their movements.

Predictably, this annoyed law enforcement officials, who, it's fair to guess, comprised much of her readership before her arrest. But what seems to have sent them over the edge -- and skewed their judgment -- is Ms. Strom's decision to post the name and address of one of the officers with a street-view photo of his house.

All this information was publicly available, including the photograph, which Ms. Strom gleaned from municipal records. The task force's officers may have worked undercover on occasion, but one wonders about their undercover abilities, given that Ms. Strom was able to out them so consistently. Chief Longo warned Ms. Strom that her blog posts were scaring off informants and endangering the officers and their families, but he provided no evidence. At no point did Ms. Strom's blog express a threat, explicit or otherwise, to police or their sources.

Ms. Strom is not the most sympathetic symbol of free-speech rights. She has previously advocated creating a separate, all-white nation, and her blog veers from the whimsical to the self-righteous to the bizarre. But the real problem here is the Virginia statute, in which an overly broad, ill-defined ban on harassment-by-identification, specifically in regard to police officers, seems to criminalize just about anything that might irritate targets.

It should not be a crime to annoy the cops, whose raid on Ms. Strom's house looks more like a fit of pique than an act of law enforcement. Some of her postings may have consisted of obnoxious speech, but they were nonetheless speech and constitutionally protected. That would hold true right up through her last blog post, written as the police raid on her home began at 7 a.m.: "Uh-Oh They're Here."

Our old Mod arrested. LMAO.

OTPTT, I changed my avatar for you.

MASHER

Old August 13th, 2009 #12
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHER View Post
Our old Mod arrested. LMAO.

OTPTT, I changed my avatar for you.

MASHER
What's interesting is the Washington Post picking up the story and the seemingly sympathetic tone to the editorial. It will be interesting to see the end result of her arrest. I predict they'll drop the charge or she'll plead to a lessor misdemeanor.

She apparently went to great lengths to document the activities of the kwops on her blog. It goes to show you how much intel can be gathered by civilians in this day and age which is available in the public sphere. If you live in her area you may want to archive her blog and its content for future reference. She should write some sort of field manual on intelligence gathering.

Feel free to change your avatar back. I'll change mine if you want the joker face. No biggy.

Old August 13th, 2009 #13
August D.
Violent Heathen In Trainin

Quote:
Originally Posted by masher View Post
our old mod arrested. Lmao.

Otptt, i changed my avatar for you.

Masher
Nilbog.. It's goblin spelled backwards!!!!!

Old August 13th, 2009 #14
Marvin Nash

She's an idiot. You play with fire, you're gonna get burned.

Old August 13th, 2009 #15
Marvin Nash

I bet this is what happened. Elisha was banging one of these cops (or more than one) and after he discarded her like a used tissue she started this one-woman campaign against the local police.

Old August 13th, 2009 #16
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
She has friends in high places it would seem.
And yet none of them will cough up her $750 bail?

Old August 13th, 2009 #17
Brian Stone
Supreme Allied Commander

I had to laugh after reading this. What they cops did was wrong, but I can certainly understand them being upset with Elisha.

Anyone that's ever been on the other side of an issue from her knows how nasty she can be. She has a sharp mind and a good command of the language. Combine that with her hair sensitivity to even the mildest perceived slight, paranoia, and generally mean spirited disposition, and you can get an idea of how insufferable she can be.

I imagine the cops probably tried to wade in there and "be reasonable" with her and ran headlong into Elisha The Shrew's verbal buzzsaw. I wont visit the blog, but I have to imagine that was a hoot.

Brian

Do something positive for White Nationalism. Start your own business. Go to http://www.ThirtyDayChallenge.com for a basic primer.

Old August 13th, 2009 #18
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
And yet none of them will cough up her $750 bail?
She only needs 10% of that or $75 if a bonding company is involved.

Old August 13th, 2009 #19
Dale VanderMeer
Your Pro-White Neighbor...

Did she threaten the cop she was nailing with nailing him upside the head with a phone? Or was nailed because she was contemplating on nailing a few cops? Just want to know, Elisha.

"She's hot". Yeah, right. She's a "hot item" to the cops right now.

Just kidding around, folks.

Old August 13th, 2009 #20
George Witzgall

if only alex had kept her here as a mod he could have saved those cops a lot of hassle.

Thread