VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > General Discussion
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 15th, 2018 #1
Stewart Meadows

Default NJ police are forced to do simple tasks for jews (run errands, turn off light switch)

In Lakewood, N.J., the police are forced to do simple tasks for orthodox jews, like run errands, turn off light switches and air conditioners, change batteries in their hearing aids, etc.

Quote:
Orthodox Jews enlisting Lakewood cops for Sabbath errands, report says

LAKEWOOD — Police in Lakewood are being enlisted to perform tasks such as turning off light switches and running errands on Sabbath for members of the township's large Orthodox Jewish community, a published report said. (…) Police chief Robert Lawson said officers are now more "culturally sensitive," to the unique needs of the most devout members of that religion, according to APP.com.
https://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2...port_says.html

Quote:
"He cannot transgress in the violations that we have for the Sabbath," Miller, a chaplain in the Air Force, said. "I'll never forget being in Lakewood Township and being in front of an officer and someone flags him down and asks 'could you come to my house and turn on my light switch? He says 'turn on your light switch? I'm a police officer' and of course we rectified that. It just took a little sensitivity."
https://eu.app.com/story/news/local/...cops/19013975/

What do you think about this policy, folks? Is this what police officers should be doing – even when it's against their will?

As always, all opinions are welcome.

Tags
new jersey, orthodox jews, police, shabbos goy

Thread