Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 16th, 2007 #141
ben shockley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa View Post
Opps my bad. Anyway, Usama is in New York, drinking it up and partying hardy on his handsome CIA payout. Why, everyone knows that.
My guess would be Amsterdam is where its at. And everytime the CIA stops by with a fresh supply of hookers and Hashish, he has to make another scripted video.

Old December 22nd, 2007 #142
Jane_Doe#5

I havent read the previous 7 pages of comments, so bear with me, Im sure many things Im going to say have already been said. But, I just wanted to voice my opinion, and perhaps point out something that hadnt been.

I disagree with spanking. All youre doing, is teaching them "when someone makes you mad, hit them".

There are a lot more effective(and isnt that what matters?) ways of disciplining a child.

Most children have an innate desire to please their parents. If you let them know you are very disappointed in them, or you feel let down, that has a lot more psychological impact, than hitting them. And dont just tell them, act the part. Dont talk to them as enthusiastically or intimately, as you normally would. Distance yourself, to an extent. ACT DISAPPOINTED.

Besides, kids grow up. LOL. I did, and when I turned fourteen (I was 5'9, my mother 5'5), I let my mother know that was the last time she'd be laying her hands on me. It wasnt pretty.

Im not a pacifistic "Oh no, violence is bad" pussy, but hitting ones you love, is wrong.

In addition to the things I said, take away their privileges, take away their toys, lol, dont kid yourself and send them to a room with a stereo and the internet and a game system, and think thats punishment! Thats crazy!

NOBAMA '08

Old December 22nd, 2007 #143
Anchorage Activist

I support spanking, when it is done selectively, and limited to young children whose sense of "right vs. wrong" is still evolving. Spanking generally will not serve a useful purpose once a child enters its teens. In any event, the government has got no business dictating to parents whether or not to use corporal punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_Doe#5 View Post
I disagree with spanking. All youre doing, is teaching them "when someone makes you mad, hit them".
This is an excellent statement. If you spank your kids while yelling at them, then you send the message that you're punishing them only because they pissed you off rather than because THEY did something wrong. My parents, on those infrequent occasions when they spanked me, would delay the punishment until after they cooled down.

In your case, Jane Doe #5, if you can get the message across to your kids without corporal punishment, more power to you. No one who holds their kids accountable should be considered a "pussy" simply because they choose not to employ corporal punishment as part of their strategy.

BTW, welcome to VNN.

Old December 22nd, 2007 #144
Jane_Doe#5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorage Activist View Post
I support spanking, when it is done selectively, and limited to young children whose sense of "right vs. wrong" is still evolving. Spanking generally will not serve a useful purpose once a child enters its teens. In any event, the government has got no business dictating to parents whether or not to use corporal punishment.

This is an excellent statement. If you spank your kids while yelling at them, then you send the message that you're punishing them only because they pissed you off rather than because THEY did something wrong. My parents, on those infrequent occasions when they spanked me, would delay the punishment until after they cooled down.

In your case, Jane Doe #5, if you can get the message across to your kids without corporal punishment, more power to you. No one who holds their kids accountable should be considered a "pussy" simply because they choose not to employ corporal punishment as part of their strategy.

BTW, welcome to VNN.
Thank you for welcoming me!

I just wanted to state that for the record, while I may disagree with spanking in principle, I also agree that it isnt the place of the government to dictate whether it can or can not be done.

I can also see a difference if (as in your case) the parents wait to spank their children until after they have 'cooled down', because while I didnt include that in my initial post, I think spanking when you are 'in the moment' of being upset or enraged, can lead to crossing that line.

Ultimately, this is a decision that everyone has to make on their own, what works for me, may not work for you (and vice-versa).

NOBAMA '08

Old August 5th, 2008 #145
Proud White Guy
Hates Jews,and Non-Whites

Smack your kid every, if you don't know why your smacking him, he does.

God Bless Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and America, and God Damn the anti-white, anti-christian, and anti-American jewish controlled media.

Thread