Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 28th, 2010 #1
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Default Local and Regional Politics: Your observations please.

I would like some insight as to what local and regional politics are like.

I would highly value reflections on experience from those of you who have seen it first-hand, whether you've run for an office or just been part of campaigns.

As a man of late 20's now, I may consider future political ambitions, and would like to know what is potent and worth focusing on, what is met with deaf ears and worthless, and what is crucial to avoid.

More particularly, what is key in building from an unknown to an ardent following. We saw this with Ron Paul running with his anti-fed message, but this was capitalizing on a trend with the internet. The tea party fervor and rise to prominence I cannot explain, since I do not keep up with them.

Is this more or less about putting on a nice suit, getting the John Edwards special $500 haircut, speaking clearly and confidently, and twisting the emotional knife in the most presently talked about trends? Is that the supposed "blueprint to cultivating a political following" today?

Old August 28th, 2010 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

What are you trying to do? That's your first question to settle.

You trying to be an ordinary system pol? Then it's about cultivating the right connections, telling people what they want to hear, looking good for the female voters, and strong for the males.

The basic problem with democracy as it exists today is it rewards superior liars. The ultimate politician is a Bill Clinton - someone who can sit down at a picnic table with two ordinary people on opposing sides of an issue, and get up and walk away with both of them thinking he supports their side. When you can do that, you are a master liar, and the spoils of the system are yours. Lying plausibly to the common man, while taking contributions from the rich man - these are the staples of democratic politics.

Old August 28th, 2010 #3
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

So. The effective speaker who looks good for the women, and strong for the men, and isn't willing to back down on his positions, and has enough intellect and speaking strength to stomp down the run of the mill competition, has two options:

Shabbos Goyim

or

Shot at Goyim

Maybe this is a bad idea!

Agreed on Clinton. Biden is another one. I just watched a video of him on youtube, and like every video I've seen of Biden, he is such a down to earth asskisser that even the comments on youtube think he is awesome.

Funny thing is, there's a commonality among these run of the mill politicians. They really don't say much off the cuff. Everything they say is canned, said before, proven to be safe words. When they are caught in off camera moments, they are very vague, general, avoiding any depth.

I get the feeling these guys sleep with a copy of Napoleon Hills "Win Friends & Influence People" under their bed, because that book is the supposed granddaddy of people skill books, and after you waste time reading it, you're left realizing the message is just to act like you're interested, say fewer words, and preferably ask questions.

Or, be a condescending ass kiss that doesn't talk about yourself, without seeming like a condescending ass kiss that doesn't talk about yourself.

Yep. That's politicians.

In fact, that seems like a lot of people in high positions in life today. In the private and public sector. Everything is canned. These politicians don't even write their own speeches anymore, and all interviews are canned as well.

Old August 28th, 2010 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. View Post
So. The effective speaker who looks good for the women, and strong for the men, and isn't willing to back down on his positions, and has enough intellect and speaking strength to stomp down the run of the mill competition, has two options:

Shabbos Goyim

or

Shot at Goyim

Maybe this is a bad idea!
It merely means you haven't seriously considered what you're talking about.

Quote:
Agreed on Clinton. Biden is another one. I just watched a video of him on youtube, and like every video I've seen of Biden, he is such a down to earth asskisser that even the comments on youtube think he is awesome.
Yes, Biden is good. The point is, they all are. That's the democratic politician's 'comparative advantage' in relation to other people: they are very, very good liars. That's one of the top qualities System politics awards.

To succeed in System politics, you have to understand where the lines are that you can't cross. Understand what can be said and can't. If you accept these limitations, then it becomes a function of how good looking you are, how much money you command, how well you can speak, and in addition to these personal qualities, whatever the particular circumstances of the parties in the district you want to run in. As for positions, there are two general ones, the Democrat and the Republican. Of course, on the essentials, both parties agree, since that is the basis of the System. Of course anything racial is off the table. Even the upstarts like Ron Paul will go along with that! Within this System it would either be impossible to turn things in a White direction, or it would take a genius of such staggering proportions that I can't conceive of such a person actually existing.

Even ordinary politicians are strong and tough enough. We of course routinely dismiss them as weak sellouts, which is in many cases true enough. But moral and intellectual consistency and strength do not help in democratic politics. They hurt. Because the small-minded majority moves by whims and fashions, and anyone holding to principle will find himself against them while needing their vote. If he doesn't like lying, and he does value intellectual consistency, then he's in the wrong business. But let us at the same time acknowledge that these politicians while weak are also strong. Their schedules are incredibly tough. Their days are filled with meetings, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, speeches, hearings, parties, press conferences. In all of which they have to play an act, whether formally or informally. It is incredibly taxing and takes a true thoroughbred to keep up with. Anyone who wants to buck this system not only must make his way through a sea of unprincipled, extremely high-energy liars with jew experts behind them with a vast knowledge of White neutralization techniques through law, media and physical coercion. Not an easy thing to defeat, this System.

Quote:
Funny thing is, there's a commonality among these run of the mill politicians. They really don't say much off the cuff. Everything they say is canned, said before, proven to be safe words. When they are caught in off camera moments, they are very vague, general, avoiding any depth.
That's a function of both the times we live in (ubiquitous media = one-slip career shipwreck), and the nature of democracy itself: taking a position, ANY position except pro-baby and pro-flag, offends half your constituency. To the extent you stand for something, you alienate the people you need votes from. Safer to stick to generalities they will more or less agree with, and hope they take this for indication you support the specifics they favor.

Quote:
I get the feeling these guys sleep with a copy of Napoleon Hills "Win Friends & Influence People" under their bed, because that book is the supposed granddaddy of people skill books, and after you waste time reading it, you're left realizing the message is just to act like you're interested, say fewer words, and preferably ask questions.
Yep. Turn youself into a beige carpet, and let the other guy arrange his furniture on you. Have no personality, simply mirror the person you're talking to, be passive and let them dominate, and they will think you are interesting. BTW, you mean Dale Carnegie's book, not Napoleon Hill, that was Think and Get Rich, if I recall correctly. Another good phrase for people like Clinton, who are perpetually ingratiating themselves, is 'measuring everything (they say) against its immediate reception.' That's one reason these pols hestitate, and tend to speak in three-word clumps. Not just because their listeners are retards who need spoon feeding, but for the same reason you dip a toe rather than dive in. The minute your words draw a coolish response, you can immediately retreat. So there are neutral, mechanical reasons you literally never find principle in politics, maybe one in a million. Principled people in democratic politics do exist, it's just their principle is I-ought-to-be-running-things, and they really do believe that and never sway from it. It's the only principle a democratic politician will never sell out.

Quote:
Or, be a condescending ass kiss that doesn't talk about yourself, without seeming like a condescending ass kiss that doesn't talk about yourself.

Yep. That's politicians.
That's democratic politicians. All pols have to flatter their audiences to an extent, but not to the extent democratic pols do. Think of Hitler. He actually was a democratic pol, but in a very different setting, when seriousness was more common than today. In times of true crisis, even the dumb public develops a taste for blunt, meaningful talk from would-be leaders. He could dare tell people things. Lecture to them. Browbeat. Speak honestly about what he intended. Today, you can't really do that. Or at least, no one does that. I think it could work under circumstances I've described, but not really within the System, altho using it to some extent. What made Hitler unusual, as I posted in the other thread, was people believing he meant what he said, his perceived honesty and in particular his guilelessness. And his serious, divisive stands on issues of vital (life and death) importance. The last American pol who actually dared lecture his audience was Robert F. Kennedy. No one since then dares anything but kissing their ass, because the public are mostly a bunch of retarded babies with very thin skin, and they will cry if you tell them what's what. All they want to know is how great they are, and how many things you will steal for them, cuz they deserve them, and it's their right to have them. The System, through mass media and public schools, has created the type it needs to keep itself in power, and any pol speaking as though his listeners are serious adults will soon be out of office.

Quote:
In fact, that seems like a lot of people in high positions in life today. In the private and public sector. Everything is canned. These politicians don't even write their own speeches anymore, and all interviews are canned as well.
They use tested phrases only, like any product-seller would. All this stuff is long ago scientifically worked out, to the extent it can be. Whatever appeals to the most and offends the least is what they're going to do. Anything else reduces their chances of winning or holding office.

Last edited by Alex Linder; August 28th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Old August 28th, 2010 #5
Rick Ronsavelle

How to Win Fiends and Influence People was by Dale Carnegie.

Napoleon Hill wrote Think and Grow Rich.

Old August 28th, 2010 #6
ray bateson
baппed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post
How to Win Fiends and Influence People was by Dale Carnegie.
A strangely appropriate typo.

Old August 28th, 2010 #7
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Thanks for that post Mr. Linder. I agree. I've come to many similar conclusions. It's nice to see them well-worded and concise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Within this System it would either be impossible to turn things in a White direction, or it would take a genius of such staggering proportions that I can't conceive of such a person actually existing.
This is the center of my thoughts in thinking of running for office for over a year now.

I don't want to carry the title of liar, hypocrite, Shabbos Goy, or any of the other well-deserved monikers for the people in Washington today.

It is amazing, as you've pointed out, the full schedules they have, as actors. A 24/7 convincing act to make sure you're saying the right thing to the right people. Tough and weak indeed.

I wish I could get in the head of a Joe Biden for just a day. Just to see if he's saying what I think he's saying: "My people? White people? They're fucked man! No point trying to save them! Just get Wolfowitz over here to write you a nice check for your latest performance, and get your family in a nice gated community. What? I'm a sellout? Have you actually gone outside and looked at and talked to some white people lately?"

And I'd probably succumb to that logic, because God knows him and many like him have probably spent DECADES dwelling on it. It's hard to argue with today. Isn't it? Sure. You want to save it. But is there anything left to save? Is it still white people with white values? The Occidental man? Buried beneath a modern Jewified crust?

P.S.: Yes, it was Dale Carnegie. Sorry. Even though I'm not a fan of Dale Carnegie or WF&IP, I vehemently abhor Napoleon Hill's Think & Grow Rich. That book is the master tome that all cheesy motivational speakers and bizop guru scammers emanate from. Written by a guy who never made money in anything other than writing his how to make money book, and ironically, died poor. He is the hero to all of these wannabe entrepreneurs who buy autoresponder service and spam our email boxes with how they made 5000 in 5 minutes.

I went through a phase where I studied a lot of internet marketing and copywriting (before I realized it felt too damn cheap and dirty to actually become one of them), and those two books were the bibles to that crowd.

Old August 28th, 2010 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I wish I could get in the head of a Joe Biden for just a day. Just to see if he's saying what I think he's saying: "My people? White people? They're fucked man! No point trying to save them! Just get Wolfowitz over here to write you a nice check for your latest performance, and get your family in a nice gated community. What? I'm a sellout? Have you actually gone outside and looked at and talked to some white people lately?"
All they think about is their own status: what will make them more powerful, richer, more influential, more/better regarded by the media/in the papers. They don't think about race at all beyond have-to-love-niggers, have-to-love-Israel. Few other have tos: have-to-support-the-troops, have-to-support-Social-Security. Reps face election every two years, so every moment they're not thinking about elevating their profile they're thinking about raising money for their next campaign. Basically, the campaign never ends. What's not left over is any time to think about what's actually good for the country.

Quote:
And I'd probably succumb to that logic, because God knows him and many like him have probably spent DECADES dwelling on it. It's hard to argue with today. Isn't it? Sure. You want to save it. But is there anything left to save? Is it still white people with white values? The Occidental man? Buried beneath a modern Jewified crust?
Whites are the same as they ever were. The genetic substrate is what matters, and it doesn't really change. A handful of unpolluted whites set free on an empty continent will remake the world. The indoctrination is superficial. It changes with authority. Genetic pollution is a problem, but there's not much to do about except control your own behavior, warn others, and work for the power to replace existing authorities and the lies they spew.

Quote:
I went through a phase where I studied a lot of internet marketing and copywriting (before I realized it felt too damn cheap and dirty to actually become one of them), and those two books were the bibles to that crowd.
People want to get rich without earning it. Your heart should be in the right place, in business as in anything else. Concentrate on providing a valuable service, and the money will take care of itself. Maybe not the millions you envision, but enough. If you want to make millions, then do it honestly: become a successful speculator in something, not a scammer.

Last edited by Alex Linder; August 28th, 2010 at 08:52 PM.

Thread