VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old 2 Weeks Ago #1
Erik T. White

Erik T. White
Arrow Major hospital system in Florida terminates contract with lab because more than 25,000 COVID-19 tests are unreliable

Quote:
AdventHealth terminates contract with lab after more than 25K people didn’t get COVID-19 test results or received unreliable tests

ORLANDO, Fla. — AdventHealth said more than 25,000 people in Central Florida have not gotten their coronavirus test results right away.
The hospital said a third-party lab it was working with to process the tests wasn’t fulfilling its obligation.

It has terminated its contract with the lab.

AdventHealth said the situation has created delays and it does not have confidence in the reliability of the tests.

AdventHealth is contacting those who’ve been affected by the delay.
The hospitals said those who are affected fall into the following categories:

1. Those whose samples were processed, and whose results provided by the lab are not deemed reliable.

Individuals who had unreliable positive results will require retesting.
Individuals with unreliable negative results who are symptomatic need to seek care and may require retesting.
Individuals with unreliable negative results who are asymptomatic but request to be retested will be offered testing pending availability.

2. Those whose samples are at the lab in question and are part of the backlog will not be tested; therefore no result will be available.

These patients may require retesting if they are symptomatic.
Officials have directed the lab to destroy these samples in accordance with the law.

The hospital released the following statement:

“We take our responsibility to safeguard everyone who entrusts us with their care very seriously. We’ve made significant investments to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 in Central Florida and will continue to stand beside our neighbors in these unprecedented times,” said Daryl Tol, president and CEO of AdventHealth’s Central Florida Division. “Teams across our organization are working around-the-clock to remedy the situation. We will continue to lead, innovate and care for those impacted by COVID-19. We remain committed to our purpose of providing whole-person and whole-community health.”
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/adve...HMRZO73BXWM2U/

I'm putting this out of the "Coronavirus" thread because some of our members are burned out on the thread and also so any visitors, guests, etc., will be able to see that some COVID-19 tests have been deemed to give unreliable results. I made a post about "validity" and "reliability" in the "Coronavirus" thread and I won't bore folks with reposting the info here.

In my opinion this disease has been so overhyped that it defies any logic. My personal epiphany came when, after hearing countless times that "touching your face puts you at risk of contracting the disease" that there was some agenda of irrational fear involved in this international situation. One has to touch one's face from time to time and (((some experts))) implying that you could die from that action was just beyond my personal and professional knowledge and beliefs that I felt then as I do now that some agenda is behind the COVID-19 "emergency."

On a side note, I practiced at a few "Advent Health" hospitals. They are run by the Seventh Day Adventist church. For reasons of my own I refer to the hospitals as "Branch Davidian complexes." I can say that it is in the public arena that this hospital chain promotes itself as "Christian" but will also put liens on homes if bills aren't paid. In my opinion this is not a "Christian" thing to do. Perhaps one can see why I use "Branch Davidians" when referring to this hospital system.

Old 2 Weeks Ago #2
Jeffrey Smither

Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/adve...HMRZO73BXWM2U/

I'm putting this out of the "Coronavirus" thread because some of our members are burned out on the thread and also so any visitors, guests, etc., will be able to see that some COVID-19 tests have been deemed to give unreliable results. I made a post about "validity" and "reliability" in the "Coronavirus" thread and I won't bore folks with reposting the info here.

In my opinion this disease has been so overhyped that it defies any logic. My personal epiphany came when, after hearing countless times that "touching your face puts you at risk of contracting the disease" that there was some agenda of irrational fear involved in this international situation. One has to touch one's face from time to time and (((some experts))) implying that you could die from that action was just beyond my personal and professional knowledge and beliefs that I felt then as I do now that some agenda is behind the COVID-19 "emergency."

On a side note, I practiced at a few "Advent Health" hospitals. They are run by the Seventh Day Adventist church. For reasons of my own I refer to the hospitals as "Branch Davidian complexes." I can say that it is in the public arena that this hospital chain promotes itself as "Christian" but will also put liens on homes if bills aren't paid. In my opinion this is not a "Christian" thing to do. Perhaps one can see why I use "Branch Davidians" when referring to this hospital system.
Well, at least in Floriduh they can't take it away, hence you see all the rich move here as well as bad doctors from up north since they can't get your house if they sue.

Thread