Old September 5th, 2020 #1
Oscar Yeager

Default (((Northwest Front))) Disbanding

https://northwestfront.org/2020/09/r...mber-5th-2020/

Old September 6th, 2020 #2
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Woodpecker

I think this was anticipated with the death of Harold Covington.

Old September 7th, 2020 #3
steven clark

Default (((Northwest Front))) Disbanding

I got the news Saturday in the last podcast NWF sent me. Andy Donner, who took over after Harold, said he simply couldn't keep it going. It was too much to do by himself, he has a family, a job, etc., and I detected a genuine burnout with the WN types who came, offered encouragement, and did nothing, or having a lot of people visit the Northwest, and he was expected to wine and dine them...in one case a couple even asked to borrow money, which Andy did, much to his regret.
There seemed to be a Harold Covington tourism cult come to see the fearless leader.
Harold often thought these people a nuisance.
There were also a lot of fringies, crackpots, and the camp followers of our cause. I'm sorry meeting too many of these people burned Andy out.

I often thought about wanting to visit Alex, but I can see why he doesn't want visitors.

Plus, I'm sure there were a lot of undercover types waiting to trip Harold up on something, like that rotten SOB who got Edgar Steele.

I was sad about this ending, but not terribly. I did send Harold money every month, and enjoyed his podcasts, as I did his novels, but the NWF was always a gimcrack thing, and there just weren't the bodies.

I also saw the historical reasons for the northwest as a WN homeland, but it was just too far for a Missouri boy like me, and although Harold claimed the majority of the population up there are on our side, the Northwest states have some of the wackiest left-wing nuts in the country...in office, running things, and any stirrings of an organized WN group there would be clamped down. The recent crisis there only confirms this.

As I told Harold, the NW republic is a good idea, but really, once you get forty miles away from any American city, you're halfway there. The coming crisis, if it really goes to defcon one, will be between the cities and the rural areas...I'm tempted to say between madness and reality.

The NWF was Harold. As for the radio podcast, he was always great, and Andy grew into it, but they had uninspiring people with them, and there was Axis Sally who was a disaster. Harold tried a phone-in segment, which was pretty rinky-dink, and there was always a sense of being on s shoestring budget once it got away from Harold's commentary. he often complained that too many people got into WN podcasts and internet for entertainment, not for genuine commitment, but that being said, Harold was as much for 'entertainment' as anyone else. He had a good program, good style, guests, music, but the reality of the NWF just wasn't doable in our present state.

Maybe now, with things heating up, there might be a dose of reality, but as Andy noted, once Trump got elected, interest in the NWF went down, which is typical of WN programs.

Once we get a 'conservative' in the White House, too many people will go home and think 'he' will solve our problems. That world and mindset may be coming to an end, as the left is now coming for us.
They sure in hell will if Trump loses.

Andy said there will be a connecting site to receive all podcasts and archives, but it will go off very shortly, and he'll announce how to get Harold's work. It sounds like Andy just wants to wash his hands of it and get on with his life.

I actually met Andy once, before he went to the Northwest, and he was a gentle, thoughtful, well-read young man who wanted to make a contribution to our cause. I liked him, and gave a favorable report to Harold. Although many if not most of you detest Harold, I hope we'll all wish Andy the best. I'm also glad he married and has a family, which he desired.

Sorry to see the NWF fold, but things have an end. let's make sure our race isn't one of them.

Thread