VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 31st, 2013 #1041
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC View Post

I attended graduate school at a land grant college-- an ag school-- and I lived in a one-room cabin heated with a wood cook stove. I had a single cold-water tap in a sink and the water drained out through a pipe in the wall. It had a large window looking out over a creek and into the hills. I installed a cast-off piece of all-wool carpeting, required everyone who entered to remove their shoes, and I had a waterbed in the corner. My backpack, firearms, and cast iron cookware adorned the wall. Women that interested me loved the place, the lifestyle, and me.

There was a small building with a flush toilet across a cute little bridge over the creek. And I built a solar water heater on the south side of the roof that allowed for sponge baths in winter and an outside shower in summer. Much of the year, I simply shaved, showered, and shampooed at school.
And you wore an onion on your belt, which was the style at the time.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1042
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default A better question might be not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Do the other residents of Leith have indoor plumbing?
but rather do any other residents (or seasonal visitors, say hunters) NOT have indoor plumbing?

Last edited by -JC; October 31st, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1043
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:

but rather do any other residents (or seasonal, say hunters) NOT have indoor plumbing?
LOL.

Yeah, that'll work. Follow that angle. Jesus.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1044
-JC

Default Recreational residence tracts...

Quote:
LOL.

Yeah, that'll work. Follow that angle. Jesus.
You remind me of one posting too much about Ed Steele, preferring to ridicule but trying to convince others of his sincerity and good sense. You impress me as an indoorsman.

National Forest and BLM-administered land provides for such occupancy. There are a lot of such places for rent in Alaska, for example. I'm not sure I'd want to live in Leith, year-round. Maybe just for pheasant season but I might like to claim it a legal residence for several reasons.

Areas like the California Desert were open to homesteading and claims via the Small Tract Act. An uncle of mine, from Tennessee, hitchhiked-out and "proved-up" acreage by constructing a cabin, during the Great Depression, I believe. Ground water simply wasn't available and septic systems weren't required. Those places near Joshua Tree National Monument are still in use, today.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1045
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
Areas like the California Desert were open to homesteading and claims via the Small Tract Act. An uncle of mine, from Tennessee, hitchhiked-out and "proved-up" acreage by constructing a cabin, during the Great Depression, I believe. Ground water simply wasn't available and septic systems weren't required. Those places near Joshua Tree National Monument are still in use, today.
Yeah, yeah. Geez. When I was growing up we thought the kids in the next suburb over were posh because they were hooked up to the sewage system before we were. We had a gray-water bore, and a well, and an outside 'thunderbox'.

The question is, how are your, or my, past experiences relevant to Cobb's situation in Leith, where the local authorities can, and are, using local regulations to target him - and legally, too, I might add.

Let me answer my own question - they're not.

Why give your enemies even more ammunition to use against you? Why not make it as hard as possible for them to land a telling blow on you and your efforts?

Old October 31st, 2013 #1046
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
You remind me of one posting too much about Ed Steele preferring to ridicule but no doubt wanting to convince others of his sincerity good sense.
Ridicule? Dude. You're making excuses for not having indoor plumbing. In America. In 2013.

Get a grip.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1047
-JC

Default Ha!

1 #1 Craig Cobb in Leith Thread (Craig Cobb's PLE in North Dakota) Thumbs Down! Private 31-10-2013 - 03:51

Over and out

Quote:
Ridicule? Dude. You're making excuses for not having indoor plumbing. In America. In 2013.

Get a grip.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1048
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Over and out
Well OK then.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1049
-JC

Default Residency issues under North Dakota law...

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/60-2007/docs/pdf/99101.pdf

http://www.legis.nd.gov/constitution
http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t23.html [Health & Safety]
http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t23c19.pdf?20131031061721 [Cesspools, etc.]

You're probably going to want to have a look at court decisions on "historical use." ND "State law" probably trumps those of a municipal corporation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
... The question is, how are your, or my, past experiences relevant to Cobb's situation in Leith, where the local authorities can, and are, using local regulations to target him - and legally, too, I might add.

Let me answer my own question - they're not...

Last edited by -JC; October 31st, 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1050
M.N. Dalvez

That's a document which discusses what properties, under ND law, can be declared 'residences' for tax purposes. It has nothing to do with sanitation codes or statutes. Jesus, did you even read it???

Bullshit baffles brains - but not this one. That document has zero to do with Cobb's situation. Swing and a miss, I'm afraid.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1051
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
That's a document which discusses what properties, under ND law, can be declared 'residences' for tax purposes. It has nothing to do with sanitation codes or statutes. Jesus, did you even read it???

Bullshit baffles brains - but not this one. That document has zero to do with Cobb's situation. Swing and a miss, I'm afraid.
It's like they're trying to find a reason to do the worst possible thing at all times.

It's uncanny.

Warning!: Anonymous net pussy opinion enclosed below:

Just get the place up to code. Jesus. Don't try and navigate some way around it, because you won't be able to. As far as the locals are concerned, you're a Nazi trying to take over their bucolic frozen Mayberry. Vasco da Gama couldn't find you a way around those new ordinances.

Does anyone really disagree with that? If so, on what practical grounds?

Old October 31st, 2013 #1052
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
15. "Slum" means any area where dwellings predominate which by reason of dilapidation, overcrowding, faulty arrangement or design, lack of ventilation, light, or sanitary facilities, or by reason of any combination of these factors are detrimental to safety, health, and morals.
Quote:
The governing body of the city or county, as appropriate, shall adopt a resolution declaring that there is need for a housing authority in the city or county if the governing body finds that unsanitary or unsafe inhabited dwelling accommodations exist in the city or county, or that there is a shortage of safe or sanitary dwelling accommodations in the city or county available to persons of low or moderate income at rentals they can afford to pay
Quote:
2. In determining whether dwelling accommodations are unsafe or unsanitary, the governing body may take into consideration the degree of overcrowding, the percentage of land coverage, the light, air, space, and access available to the inhabitants of the dwelling accommodations, the size and arrangement of the rooms, the sanitary facilities, and the extent to which conditions which endanger life or property by fire or other causes exist in the buildings.
Quote:
23-11-11. Powers of authority.
An authority has the following powers and duties:
25. To make available to appropriate agencies, including those charged with the duty of abating or requiring the correction of nuisances or like conditions, or of demolishing unsafe or unsanitary structures within the authority's area of operation, the authority's findings and recommendations with regard to any building or property where conditions exist which are dangerous to the public health, morals, safety, or welfare.
There you have it. Their actions are well within their rights and duties under ND law.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1053
-JC

Default Don't be afraid...

And try not to discourage Mr. Cobb. This is a point of departure for study not a pissing contest between you and me. I'm fascinated that one of you thought a timely "thumbs down" mattered. And don't forget that, as I said above, there are reasons why one might want to be considered a ND resident.

Quote:

Bullshit baffles brains - but not this one. That document has zero to do with Cobb's situation. Swing and a miss, I'm afraid.[/quote]

Quote:
2. In determining whether dwelling accommodations are unsafe or unsanitary, the governing body may take into consideration the degree of overcrowding, the percentage of land coverage, the light, air, space, and access available to the inhabitants of the dwelling accommodations, the size and arrangement of the rooms, the sanitary facilities, and the extent to which conditions which endanger life or property by fire or other causes exist in the buildings.

And that's why you must look at legal precedent by doing a little research rather than just quickly looking at what legislatures publish and tucking tail.

Last edited by -JC; October 31st, 2013 at 06:48 AM.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1054
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
And try not to discourage Mr. Cobb.
I'm not. They're rat-fucking him, but they are doing it legally. That's all.

Not to mention, he could have completely side-stepped this by, you know, having the plumbing installed. Then what would they have? Nothing. A circus side-show of antis and reservation Indians. That's all.

Quote:
This is a point of departure for study not a pissing contest between you and me.
Yes, and the conclusion of the study is that what is happening to Cobb vis-a-vis the sanitation issue is perfectly legal.

Quote:
I'm fascinated that one of you thought a timely "thumbs down" mattered.
Don't look at me. It wasn't me. Yeah, I understand that you'd assume it was one of us - but it wasn't, necessarily, one of us.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; October 31st, 2013 at 09:43 AM.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1055
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:

Get a grip.
You Pussy Bund bassist with your downbeat bullshit! Always finding fault, while a REAL WHITE MAN STANDS DOWN his public health enemies with his overlong shotgun and underlong car. Did Napoleon have indoor plumbing? Did George Washington? Julius Caesar? Well, yes on Caesar, but it didn't work very well, and neither does Craig's.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1056
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

It is beyond bizarre to see excuses made for not bringing plumbing up to code, and to treat the code enforcement like some sort of despicable, underhanded attack. These people have money for gas, a shotgun and, apparently, alcohol. They don't have the money for PVC pipe and glue?

These people claim to think they're going to run America.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1057
M. Gerard

Default Gaede willing to sell out?

Please quit clogging up this thread with stupidity. We've had enough about the plumbing.

From comments at:

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2013/o...-north-dakota/

April Gaede • 9 hours ago

I will sell my lot, for $10,000. Otherwise I intend to build and move in more White Nationalists.

UnityND > April Gaede • 7 hours ago

If you are April Gaede and are interested, let's talk. Private message me at our facebook page Unity North Dakota.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1058
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
Please quit clogging up this thread with stupidity. We've had enough about the plumbing.

From comments at:

http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2013/o...-north-dakota/

April Gaede • 9 hours ago

I will sell my lot, for $10,000. Otherwise I intend to build and move in more White Nationalists.

UnityND > April Gaede • 7 hours ago

If you are April Gaede and are interested, let's talk. Private message me at our facebook page Unity North Dakota.
I hadn't laughed at Craig's (largely) self-made fiasco until now. Assuming this is true (and it would seem true to form), I wonder who will be blamed. Because it can't be Craig's fault, right?

Old October 31st, 2013 #1059
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

If there is a National Homebuilder's Association award, Craig surely qualifies.

He's managed to completely fail at his subdivision plan--not even getting the water running--yet he's raised the property values in this moon crater to the stratosphere. He's like the Rain Man of housing development.

Old October 31st, 2013 #1060
varg

If Cobb gives up on the wacky idea of trying to take over a town thru voting and expecting the government (which murders dissidents) on giving it the thumbs up, and he just settles for the $10,000 to use on activism that has a chance of working I'll praise him as a great activist (albeit a tad paranoid and dangerous to other WNs personal lives)

I doubt they have enough for every person there though so they'll probably be left behind

Tags
craig cobb, craig cobb (chain), leith, north dakota, ple

Thread