VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 9th, 2017 #1
Robbie Key

Default Washington orders RT America to register as foreign agent by Monday

Published time: 9 Nov, 2017 13:49
Edited time: 9 Nov, 2017 14:26
Get short URL

Washington will apply its Foreign Agents Registration Act to RT America, the channel has announced. The Department of Justice has given the broadcaster until Monday to register as a foreign agent, otherwise the channel’s head faces arrest and its accounts could be frozen.

The piece of legislation was adopted in the US in 1938 to counter pro-Nazi agitation on US soil. Washington has made the decision to apply the act towards the company that supplies all services for RT America on its territory, including TV production and operations. Just over 400 entities are currently registered under the legislation, but it does not include a single media outlet.

In September, the DOJ sent a letter to the company, claiming it is obligated to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) due to the work it does for RT. The law demands the disclosure of the channel's confidential data, including the personal data of its staff.

The move "will have serious legal consequences" and "compromise the safety of [RT] employees," the Russian Foreign Ministry previously explained.

RT's editor-in-chief, Margarita Simonyan, said on Thursday that the timeframe provided for the company by the DoJ is a "cannibalistic deadline."

She previously said that the channel was being forced into "conditions in which we cannot work" in the US, and called Washington's demand an attempt to "drive [RT] out of the country."

Simonyan had said the decision put freedom of speech in the US under question. RT has been under pressure for showing the American audience "a different point of view," the editor-in-chief added.

https://www.rt.com/news/409349-rt-foreign-agent-doj/

Old November 9th, 2017 #2
SouthernNS
Literally Kitler

Meanwhile the foreign agents of israel run the country.

Old November 9th, 2017 #3
Serbian

Russia should retaliate by kicking all jewsmedia out of the country. Starting with CNN.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old November 9th, 2017 #4
Serbian

Quote:
The Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), passed in the run-up to World War II as a means of exposing pro-Nazi propagandists in the United States, requires that Americans working on behalf of foreign governments register as such with the government.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.385777104e14

SF ZOGster is happy

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t11...2#post14292883

Old November 9th, 2017 #5
Crowe

Any news about who gave the order? It wouldn't surprise me if the order came from Trump directly.

Old November 10th, 2017 #6
Robbie Key

‘Vacuum & isolation’: Russia may restrict access to CNN in reply to US sanctions, says senator
Published time: 9 Nov, 2017 09:19
Get short URL

A member of the upper house Committee for Information Politics says if the US continues to pressure Russian state media companies like RT and Sputnik, Moscow will reply with a legislative ban on CNN broadcasts via cable or air.

“Russia would take measures that would mirror the actions of the US Congress. CNN would immediately find itself in an informational vacuum and isolation,” Senator Igor Morozov said in comments to RIA Novosti.

He elaborated that in case the US Congress passes any bills banning the US distributors of mass media content from including Russian state companies in their service packages, Russia would pass a law banning Russian companies from offering CNN television in their bundles – both for cable and air broadcasts.

The comment came soon after the US authorities unveiled the nation’s National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018 which provides, among other things, that “a multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD), such as cable and satellite television providers, may not be required to carry video content from television stations to the extent that such content is owned, controlled, or financed by the Government of the Russian Federation."

Earlier this month, Russian Deputy Justice Minister Oleg Plokhoy said that the government was ready to propose reciprocal legislative measures targeting US media outlets and NGOs in response to discrimination against news organizations like RT and Sputnik in the United States.

Concrete proposals to give effect to such measures are almost ready and will be drafted as bills once senators amend some minor details of the provisions, he added.

Also in early November, the Russian upper house’s working group for the Protection of National Sovereignty approved a statement recommending that all Russian companies refrain from planning advertisements on Twitter, as a reciprocal measure for the social network’s banning of ads from RT and Sputnik.

In late October, Facebook and Twitter took steps that were supposedly a response to alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential elections. Russian officials have always denied any effort to sway the US polls and pointed to the fact that their critics had not produced any solid evidence to prove their claims.

https://www.rt.com/politics/409315-v...on-russia-cnn/

Old November 10th, 2017 #7
T.Garrett
Banned

Question wtf

How come this FARA or some other like pos legislation isn't used on the foreign agents of Izrael in the US (AIPAC and others) and just selectively on Russia?

O shit, that's right jews own America!

Silly me.

Old November 11th, 2017 #8
Robbie Key

Putin: Moscow will introduce tit-for-tat measures over US attack on Russian media
Published time: 11 Nov, 2017 10:31
Edited time: 11 Nov, 2017 12:08
Get short URL

Quote:
President Vladimir Putin says that Moscow will resort to reciprocal measures in response to US steps against Russian media, which he called an “attack on freedom of speech.” On Friday, Washington ordered RT America to register as a foreign agent.

“The attack on our media is an attack on freedom of speech without any doubt. We are disappointed,” Putin said at a news briefing at the APEC summit in Vietnam on Saturday. He added that the Russian parliament is currently discussing the response and voicing “tough suggestions.”

“But we will definitely respond and it [the response] will be reciprocal,” the Russian president warned. Putin stressed that the media’s role is to provide information and express their perspective.

“It [the media’s perspective] can be challenged, but not by shutting down the media or creating conditions to make it impossible to carry out its professional activities. [It can be challenged] by presenting your own perspective, presenting your information to the audience,” the Russian leader said.

The US has chosen another approach, however, opting for virtual closure, Putin said, reiterating that the response will be adequate and reciprocal. The US measures against Russian media came even though there is zero evidence of their meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

“I want to draw your attention to the fact that there wasn’t and could not be any confirmation of our media’s meddling in the [US] election campaign,” Putin said, adding that the latest investigation in Congress shows that the Russian ads amounted merely to “some tenths or hundredths of a percent.”

The Russian president added that the scale of the ad campaigns of the Russian and the US media during the 2016 presidential election was “simply incomparable,” but in Russia’s case, it “was interpreted as meddling.”
https://www.rt.com/news/409550-putin...russian-media/

Old November 11th, 2017 #9
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Any news about who gave the order? It wouldn't surprise me if the order came from Trump directly.
While it is possible I don't really think so.

Quote:
CIA splits with Trump following his controversial remarks about Putin and Russia's election meddling

Sonam Sheth
Nov 12, 2017, 7:43 AM

US President Donald Trump said Saturday that he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin did not interfere in the 2016 election.

Trump also cast doubt on the intelligence community’s findings that Russia launched an elaborate and multi-faceted campaign to meddle in the election.

The CIA released a statement shortly after in which CIA director Mike Pompeo emphasised that he stood by the intelligence community’s assessment.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m...7-11?r=US&IR=T

Old November 11th, 2017 #10
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
While it is possible I don't really think so.
The whole Russia collusion thing is bullshit. But that's a separate issue from RT having to register as a foreign agent, when no other foreign media has to. I heard the last time this was used was during WW2 against German media.

And the reason I think it's possible that Trump could have given the order is that he's being pressured into getting tougher with Russia than he might otherwise be, just to silence the Russia collusion critics.

Attacking Assad with cruise missiles very much screamed "look at me, I'm tough on Russia just because I bombed their allies in the region". Every opportunity that presents itself to Trump, he consistently doubles down that he's a rabid, Zionist chicken hawk, and the actions against RT by Washington is something that the Zionists like. I'm sure even Bill Kristol is applauding the Trump administration for this. Trump is more concerned with appeasing (((them))) than doing what he was elected to do. Just like any other US president.

Old November 12th, 2017 #11
Ray Allan

Russia should tell CNN to register as a foreign agent of Israel or just kick them out.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old November 12th, 2017 #12
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
The whole Russia collusion thing is bullshit. But that's a separate issue from RT having to register as a foreign agent, when no other foreign media has to.
Nope, it is linked. Part of the general hysteria being whipped up by the criminal jews. They are looking for Russians under every rock now.

Quote:
I heard the last time this was used was during WW2 against German media.
True

Quote:
And the reason I think it's possible that Trump could have given the order is that he's being pressured into getting tougher with Russia than he might otherwise be, just to silence the Russia collusion critics.
Quote:
Attacking Assad with cruise missiles very much screamed "look at me, I'm tough on Russia just because I bombed their allies in the region". Every opportunity that presents itself to Trump, he consistently doubles down that he's a rabid, Zionist chicken hawk, and the actions against RT by Washington is something that the Zionists like. I'm sure even Bill Kristol is applauding the Trump administration for this. Trump is more concerned with appeasing (((them))) than doing what he was elected to do. Just like any other US president
Yeah he is but he still tries to push back a little sometimes like with the last tweets about good relation with Russia being a positive thing and called out those against as haters and fools.

Old November 14th, 2017 #13
Alex Him

Duma may order foreign media outlets to register as foreign agents to work in Russia

Published time: 14 Nov, 2017 10:32
Edited time: 14 Nov, 2017 10:36

A new Russian bill regulating mass media would not automatically register foreign media outlets as foreign agents, but their refusal to do so would prevent them from working in Russia, one of the key sponsors of the legislation has said.

Deputy Duma Speaker Pyotr Tolstoy (United Russia) told Interfax on Tuesday that the new draft would not automatically mark all foreign mass media as foreign agents.

“No, the criteria used in the bill [for identifying foreign agents] are having foreign owners among the company’s shareholders or any money transfers from a foreign state or foreign state agencies – even when this happens through an intermediary company registered in Russia,” the lawmaker said, noting that the list of the criteria can still be expanded.

The final decision on whether a particular media outlet matches the description of a foreign agent should be made by the Russian Justice Ministry, according to the bill.

The draft law orders companies registered as foreign agents to mark their products and services accordingly – effectively meaning that this fact should be mentioned on the company’s website or printed products.

When reporters asked Tolstoy what would happen if a foreign mass-media outlet refused to register as a foreign agent after the bill is passed, he answered that “such mass media would have to stop working in the Russian Federation.”

Russian lawmakers began to draft the legislative measures after the US Department of Justice ordered RT America to register as a foreign agent before November 13, threatening to freeze the company’s assets and arrest its head if it does not comply. On November 10, RT America (officially registered as T & R Productions LLC) filed as a foreign agent with the US Department of Justice.

Earlier, MP Tolstoy told reporters that Russia’s reciprocal bill could get final approval from the lower house of parliament as early as this Wednesday. Another sponsor of the motion, MP Andrey Isayev (United Russia), added that companies that could fall under the new regulations included Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Deutsche Welle, CNN, and Voice of America.

The source of information - https://www.rt.com/politics/409811-d...a-agents-bill/

Old November 21st, 2017 #14
Robbie Key

‘Google’s plan to isolate Russian media is an act of information warfare’

Published time: 21 Nov, 2017 03:29
Edited time: 21 Nov, 2017 07:28

Google’s announcement that it is working to reduce the presence of Russian media in its news feeds has been slammed by lawmakers and political commentators as an act of aggression which will have a global impact on the freedom of speech and thought.
“This is an open form of information warfare waged right now – a bombardment, a direct aggression” against the Russian news outlets, Andrey Svintsov, deputy chairman of the State Duma Committee for Information Policy, Information Technologies and Communications, told RT. The lawmaker explained that tweaking search results for the news category would cut off the global readership that remains interested in the Russian position on global events, calling it a “powerful blow” to the freedom of speech.

“We as MPs should think about... limiting [the use of] the Google search engine, as well as certain social networks belonging to this holding in Russia,” Svintsov said. Meanwhile, the head of the Russian Upper House Commission for Information Policy, Senator Aleksey Pushkov, also wondered whether Google should be “de-ranked” in Russia in a tit-for-tat response.

Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google’s parent company, Alphabet, said earlier that the company is “trying to engineer the systems” to prevent RT and Sputnik content from reaching wider audiences. RT Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan criticized the initiative as an arbitrary form of censorship that defies “all logic and reason.”

Google’s initiative will have a direct impact on “freedom of speech and thought” in the US, believes Prof. Dan Kovalik, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.

“It is a form of censorship, and the idea is to lead readers away from RT content. And it will have an impact on the discourse in this country,” Kovalik told RT. “When [you start] censoring anyone, they are going to censor everyone, and I think everyone in the US should be appalled by this and very concerned.”

The human rights lawyer remains certain that US companies initiated an anti-RT campaign to woo the American government at the expense of free speech.

“I think what you see has happened is that Google, Twitter and Facebook have been pressured by the US government to try to essentially [put] blame on Russia where there is none, and to appear somehow that they are working with the US government against Russia. And they have bowed to this pressure,” Kovalik said.

Kovalik also argued that RT presents an alternative point of view that is simply incompatible with US policies.

“I do believe that there is a concern in the US government and the mainstream media of this alternative narrative about what is happening in Syria, for example, about whether the US is truly fighting terrorism Syria as it claims. Well, Russia has a different view of that. RT has a different view of that. The same thing in Ukraine. The US has been backing neo-Nazis in Ukraine. That is something that the powers to be don’t want Americans to know. And so, I think the attack on RT, which has a very different view of those things, is an attack on those alternative narratives of issues that are very important to the American people,” he said.

Google is dancing to the tune of the US government as part of the broader campaign to demonize Russia, political commentator and TV host Steve Malzberg told RT.

“This is all about the fact that Russia is right now the enemy. Russia has been made the enemy by the left, the Democrats and, by definition, the media. The media has been nonstop for a year now about ‘evil Russia.’ Anything associated with the ‘evil Russia’ will incur the wrath of the government,” Malzberg said. “It is because they have been called in before Congress and because of this witch hunt that is going on... They don’t want to risk the wrath of Congress, and that is the problem.”

“There has been nothing found in the whole Russian collusion investigation so far. And there really no meat here when it comes to RT and nefarious doings and dealings, but that does not stop them. They are just going with the flow,” the political commentator added.

Malzberg noted that if Google really wanted to address the so-called ‘fake news’ phenomenon, they should look in their own backyard and check the information flow that comes out of the US mainstream media.

“If they wanted to concentrate on the real program, they certainly have all the opportunity to look at what I call propaganda from the leftist mainstream news media… But they do not have interest in that, because Congress isn't calling them to say, ‘Oh, big bad CNN or big, bad, evil MSNBC’,” Malzberg said. “Russia is 'boogeyman' right now, and this is all part of that deal.”

https://www.rt.com/news/410463-googl...formation-war/

Old December 5th, 2017 #15
Alex Him

Russia lists 9 media outlets as foreign agents, including Voice of America, Radio Liberty

Published time: 5 Dec, 2017 06:33
Edited time: 5 Dec, 2017 07:39

Nine media outlets have been registered as foreign agents by Russia’s Justice Ministry, in accordance with a recently passed law. The law comes in response to the US Congress’s moves towards RT America.

On Tuesday, Voice of America and Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, including its regional branch Radio Azatliq, along with six other outlets were recognized as foreign agents, according to the website of Russia’s Ministry of Justice.

The list also includes the Kavkaz.Realii, Krym Realii and Sibir Realii websites, the Current Time TV channel – a joint project of Voice of America and Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty – the Radio Liberty-owned factograph.info website and IdelRealii project.

Journalists working for the outlets listed may get banned from visiting the Federation Council, the upper house of the Russian parliament, sources told RIA Novosti. A decision on this is expected to be made next week.

Other media outlets are not expected to be included on the foreign agents list, according to the State Sovereignty Protection Committee chairman, Andrey Klimov.

I think, it [the list] will not be expanded so far. Our measures were completely reciprocal in response to the oppression of the Russian media in the US, and if nothing new happens from that [US] side, we have no reason to expand this list,” Klimov said.

The senator stated that US-funded “propaganda companies” were included on the list, and CNN is not among them. “CNN is not a propaganda company, and some other media, I will not name them all… also do not fall under this definition,” Klimov said.

Moscow may review the decision if Washington halts the crackdown on Russian media, according to the official.

If Washington comes to its senses and stops pressure on Russian media, in this case we will think about adjusting our decisions,” Klimov said. He noted that the foreign agents law signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin in late November stipulates “not only the inclusion, but also exclusion of the media” from the list.

The source of information - https://www.rt.com/news/411949-russi...gents-america/

Old December 5th, 2017 #16
Serbian

Angry

Quote:
The senator stated that US-funded “propaganda companies” were included on the list, and CNN is not among them. “CNN is not a propaganda company, and some other media, I will not name them all… also do not fall under this definition,” Klimov said.
WTF? Is he fucking kidding? CNN should have been the first on the list.

Old December 5th, 2017 #17
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
WTF? Is he fucking kidding? CNN should have been the first on the list.
1. Trump administration is attacking Russia
2. CNN is attacking Trump administration
3. CNN is being useful to Russia
4. The enemy of my enemy ...
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old December 5th, 2017 #18
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHolland View Post
1. Trump administration is attacking Russia
2. CNN is attacking Trump administration
3. CNN is being useful to Russia
4. The enemy of my enemy ...
Yeah, attacking him due to his 'links with Russia' nonsense

CNN is also attacking Russia.

CNN is not useful for Russia