Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 4th, 2004 #1
Ronald Anderson

Default Second Hand Stores

I would like to recommend to those whom wish to conserve their hard earned money to shop at second hand stores including Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Christian thrift shops (just ignore the Christian aspect). I was in all three of these stores the other day and I purchased the following items:

1. A hardly used royal blue polo shirt that says "Norway" 1.00
2. A traditional Russian musical compilation (16 tracks) CD 3.00
3. An almost brand new desklamp 4.00
4. A hardcover National Geographic book on the Vikings 0.50
5. A softcover German language book 0.50
6. A fictional book on Eirik the Red (Vikings) 0.50
7. A hardly used long sleeve blue dress shirt 3.00

All of these items for 12.50? Correct. Actually mine was cheaper because I have student identification. Discounts are also given to military personnel and older folks.

Last edited by Ronald Anderson; May 4th, 2004 at 02:14 PM.

Old May 8th, 2004 #2
chrissy

Default Second Hand Stores

I think second hand stores/thrift shops/consignment shops is a great business for WN people to look into. They are relatively cheap to start up and are real popular. Has anyone here ever tried to start this kind of business and what were the results? Maybe this topic should go under main discussion thread.

Old May 8th, 2004 #3
AlphaNumericus...

Location: Jew York City, Jewnited Snakes, center of the Jewniverse

"New" underwear from a Jew department store might not be so new. http://www.kfor.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable

Old May 9th, 2004 #4
Georgie

Thats not such a bad idea for places to go shopping. You may be considered a weirdo or something like that because you dont pay 100 dollars for a pair of jeans that were made by some teenage Asian slave workers which actually cost them 20 cents to make but youll save money and be able to spend it on something more worthwhile.

I used to know a kid that just loved buying those nigger Air Jordan Nike shoes wich cost like 100 dollars or more and he thought he was just cool. Funny thing is I doubt those shoes cost over 5 dollars to make.

Old May 11th, 2004 #5
The Final Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob
. From the Carcinogenic substances, to the prions, viruses, hormones, pesticides, Bacteria, Mind-altering Pyschotropic drugs. Hell they've even poisoned the Water supply in most cities.

BB knows whereof he speaks?

Welcome back!

Old May 18th, 2004 #6
SyTH88

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie
I used to know a kid that just loved buying those nigger Air Jordan Nike shoes wich cost like 100 dollars or more and he thought he was just cool. Funny thing is I doubt those shoes cost over 5 dollars to make.
Yeah, but think of all the profit that company made and when you look at the white person near the interstate onramp holding up a cardboard sign saying they are homeless and hungry please help, remember that could have been the person who got the axe so that company could make a killing!

WOW! We're really free in this country now. To be burger flippers and in the gutter or even worse! Woo Hoo!

Old May 21st, 2004 #7
Spandau

Excellent thread! This is exactly the way I think about this. DIY!!!

Old May 26th, 2004 #8
Granddragon36

You are 100% correct about going to used item stores. I have a Munsonwear shirt, London Fog trench coat, name brand dress pants and dress shoes, in my size (48" chest, 40" waist, 13 shoe), all near new, $12.00! I may be flat ass broke and one step from a skid row bum in income, but I LOOK like a well dressed man about town. Just because you are broke, does NOT mean you have to dress like a bum! It is amazing how well you can get treated if you don't look like a skid row bum! I am going to do an article for the INDEPENDENT AMERICAN MAG on this subject (have been meaning to for about a year) too. The INDEPENDENT AMERICAN MAG is full of useful advice and other how-to like this as well. Well worth the $15 a year (six issues) they charge for it.

The Independent American Mag, the best freedom, survival, gun mag on the net! theindependentamerican.freeyellow.com

Old July 20th, 2004 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

you know what, my wife went and bought a bunch of new clothes from a "consignment shop" for herself and our wee tots. very nice, new, name brand stuff for a quarter of retail. four bucks for new jeans, that kind of thing. she's hooked on this now, thankfully!

Old August 17th, 2004 #10
Screaming Peacock

I don't recommend trying to make much profit off of things bought at Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.

First of all, Goodwill is overpriced in comparison to other secondhand stores. Second, the major charities must be engaging the services of an antique appraiser, because the prices are right about what you would pay in an antiques shop.

On the other hand, one can often find a bargain at stores run by smaller, local charities. I enjoy fine china, and have seen so many good deals, it nearly killed me! If you want to test the waters with this, just know that plates and teacups are a dime a dozen, but odd pieces like sugar bowls, creamers, platters and coffee/tea pots are often sought after by people looking to complete their set. Do your research and find out what lines are most desirable. Don't expect to make your million, but if you sell, feel good that you helped someone (most likely a white person.) If you don't sell, you have something pretty for the table.

Don't overlook yard sales for clothes. The prices are often a fraction of any secondhand store. Oooh, and then there was the flea market I attended that had a fire department ladies auxillary table. I went late in the day, so clothes were a buck a bag! My choices worked out to a whopping seven cents a piece and are all part of my everyday wardrobe.

Let the lemmings fund your wardrobe! You pay pennies on the dollar!

Old August 17th, 2004 #11
Sean Martin

I visited 3 locally owned and operated second hand stores today, they are becoming popular and best of al you get a bargain without putting money in Hymies pocket.

I buy mostly books because you get old religious (non judiazed) books and some really good old and out of print books that are good reading for any WN.

Also I got an $80 bowling ball at one last week for $3. My dog has short hair and since she goes with me on the farm in the winter (we have bad snows here) she needs something to keep her warm. So instead of paying $20-30 for a dog sweater I went to the secondhand store and bought her a really nice and good fitting kids sweater for a quarter. I also buy her toys there for 50 cents instead of paying $5 for them at the pet shop.
One I know of has over 100 board games for 50 cents apiece. Many sell CD’s videos and records.

Many you can buy a small color television for $5. I know of about 10 within good driving distance from me I go to them often when I am in the plaza and usually walk away with something for 10 cents on the dollar if I bought it from a chain store.

Most of the time if you shop at religious ones you are putting money back into your community as they spend the money on local community things.

And there is another perk since what they get is free even if you get a great bargain you can still haggle over the price and they don’t care usually they will give you a discount to move the merchandise.

If you buy $25 worth of something ask them if they will take 20 if they say no pay the bill and move on, if they say yes bank the other $5 or send it to some WN organization.

Old August 17th, 2004 #12
Screaming Peacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
My dog has short hair and since she goes with me on the farm in the winter (we have bad snows here) she needs something to keep her warm. So instead of paying $20-30 for a dog sweater I went to the secondhand store and bought her a really nice and good fitting kids sweater for a quarter.
That's a good idea, Doc! I'll be sure to spread that hint around, especially to the elderly, who tend to keep their heat turned down low in the winter to avoid running up a large bill.

I'm tempted to try this with my Siamese cat, who spends half the year bitching to me that her racial origins lie in tropical Southeast Asia and becomes like velcro to my lap.

Thread