Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 13th, 2012 #41
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Today I was looking through baby name lists on a parenting forum.

Some of these names are absolutely horrible and I can't comprehend how people could actually consider them for the name of their child, let alone go through with it and name them that.

Here are some of the more particularly horrible ones from a discussion about 'manly' masculine names for boys:

Gage
Ryker
McCoy
Grady
Buckshot
Cale
Brecken
Bridger
Keegan
Rawson
Crawfin
Rayen
Cooper
Westley
Kai
Corbin
Raymin
Jace
Landon
Tyree
Coty
Zeke
Zake
Henzley
Teagan

One woman suggested "My son's name is Ryder Greer and I find that his name as a big input on people."

I knew a girl who named her daughter Kinlee... not chinese. A white girl.
I knew a little blonde girl named Charity.
There was an Italian girl, not sure how her name was spelled, but spoken it sounded like Tits-ee-anna.

I find it extremely difficult to come up with good names for children. I don't like names that are too common (like Hannah, Emma, Emily, etc) and I hate it that a bunch of names that are thought of as 'white' names are actually biblical and come from Hebrew names (Michael, Joseph, Mark, etc).

Old July 13th, 2012 #42
Squarehead Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
I always wondered if that song was written about John Wayne, who real first name was Marion, once a popular boy's given name in honor of the Revolutionary War hero Francis "Swamp Fox" Marion.

One of my great-great grandfathers was named after him, an Irish-American by the name of Francis Marion Stacks:

He always went by "Frank", though I have a feeling no one would have teased him about his real name.

That's a pretty rough and tumble looking character there Steve, I'd hate to be on his bad side.
But being on his good side would likely prove to be a major asset.

What did he do for fun... beat up Grizzly Bears?

Old July 13th, 2012 #43
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

"Founder Ineeda Dickens - of Dickens' Cider"

Old July 13th, 2012 #44
Simmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarehead Chris View Post
That's a pretty rough and tumble looking character there Steve, I'd hate to be on his bad side.
But being on his good side would likely be a major asset.

Point taken about his name,and for all names for that matter.The name does not depict who you are.But the fact that a White parent would give there children a traditionaly White name speakes volumes about the parents beliefs or what they want to convey to there children.

Old July 13th, 2012 #45
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarehead Chris View Post
But being on his good side would likely be a major asset.

I really have no clue. He was born during the Civil War in 1864 and died in 1892, not long after that old tin-type photo was taken. He was 28 years old, married and had two young daughters, one of whom was my great-grandmother. He had gone out into the woods hunting and died when a tree fell on him - at least that was what the family said.

I've had a few ancestors that skipped town when staying around proved too inconvenient.

Old July 13th, 2012 #46
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post

Some of these names are absolutely horrible and I can't comprehend how people could actually consider them for the name of their child, let alone go through with it and name them that.

Here are some of the more particularly horrible ones from a discussion about 'manly' masculine names for boys:

Gage
Ryker
McCoy
Grady
Buckshot
Cale
Brecken
Bridger
Keegan
Rawson
Crawfin
Rayen
Cooper
Westley
Kai
Corbin
Raymin
Jace
Landon
Tyree
Coty
Zeke
Zake
Henzley
Teagan
We hate being "ahead of the curve" so to speak. Nothing is worse than picking a name for a child - and then several years later it becomes "popular" to the point of ad nauseum. It has happened to us several times.

Old July 13th, 2012 #47
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
If it sounds like a last name, don't use it as a first name: "Oh look - there goes Macaulay Jeremiah Bumpass, of the Sunnyvale Trailer Park Bumpasses!"
If I had any ancestors with the surname Macaulay, you can bet I would have used it as a first name for one of my sons, being that it is a fine old Scottish surname; even if the only person that I know of that has Macaulay for a given name is more than a little bit weird:

Old July 13th, 2012 #48
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven L. Akins View Post
If I had any ancestors with the surname Macaulay, you can bet I would have used it as a first name for one of my sons,being that it is a fine old Scottish surname; even if the only person that I know of that has Macaulay for a given name is more than a little bit weird:

Oh, I have no doubt about that.

Old July 13th, 2012 #49
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Hmmm...funny. I've seen people here calling my 10 yr old son a faggot. No different than the Antifa wanting to rape my 7 yr old daughter. What does that say about you? A name ? Really? A fucking name?

Pathetic.

Old July 13th, 2012 #50
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:

Gage
Ryker
McCoy
Grady
Buckshot
Cale
Brecken
Bridger
Keegan
Rawson
Crawfin
Rayen
Cooper
Westley
Kai
Corbin
Raymin
Jace
Landon
Tyree
Tiree, the westernmost island in the Outer Hebrides is strikingly beautiful:

Quote:
I find it extremely difficult to come up with good names for children. I don't like names that are too common (like Hannah, Emma, Emily, etc) and I hate it that a bunch of names that are thought of as 'white' names are actually biblical and come from Hebrew names (Michael, Joseph, Mark, etc).
Look up yours and your husband's family tree. Make a list of all the last names of the families you are descended from and see which ones you like. Some of the best given names are actually surnames, and if they belonged to the ancestors of your children, then use them, as that way their name will actually mean something instead of being chosen on a whim.

Some Scottish surnames that make excellent given names:

Alexander
Allison (better for girls than for boys)
Anderson
Austin
Bailey (good girl name)
Blair (another good girl's name)
Cameron
Clark
Craig
Dallas
Douglas
Duncan
Elliot
Ewen
Fraser
Graham
Gordon
Hannah (girls only)
Houston
Hunter
Keith
Leslie (girls only)
Lindsay (ditto)
Logan
Macaulay
Mackenzie
Macintyre
Mackinnon
Mitchell
Ross
Rose (girls)
Russell
Scott
Stewart

Last edited by Steven L. Akins; July 13th, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Old July 13th, 2012 #51
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Fuck, Akins! Thanks for that advice, by the way.

Old July 13th, 2012 #52
Rick Ronsavelle

Are you ordering Mr. Akins to engage in sexual relations?

Old July 13th, 2012 #53
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post
Are you ordering Mr. Akins to engage in sexual relations?
You're fucked in the head.

Old July 13th, 2012 #54
Sebastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
Our children are of German descent, as am I and my wife. We LIVED in Germany for several years, immersed ourselves in the culture, and learned a bit of the language (enough to murder it - I'm not good with learning languages). He was concieved in Germany - after several years of trying. His conception was very special to us, and in a special place to us - hence the German variation.
Are you in science or academia? If not, may I ask how you were allowed to live in Germany? I thought obtaining a Visa is very difficult for most people. I would love to go to Europe, but I'm working class.

Old July 13th, 2012 #55
Fenria
Self imposed ban

My niece's name is Madison, which I find completely haughty and pretentious. Thankfully, her's is the only uppity name in the family. My son's name is Erik. Easy to say, never goes out of style, can't be teased for it, reflects family ancestry. Good enough!

My son's pre school class was full to the brim with Haydens Jaydens Kaydens and Zadens, one Nevaeh and one Luna. My dental assisting class consisted of a Mckenna and a Mackenzie, both female. Oh yeah, and don't forget Xschell, who has the unfortunate task of telling people how to pronounce her name for the entirety of her life. Thanks, mom and dad!

Still, the best are always the black names. I remember a fight in seventh grade where this great big bear of a negress named Fanta, yes, like the fecking soda, threw a desk across the classroom and hit Kimiante in the back. Oh, those good multicultural times....

There was a black kid in my seventh grade science class named "Quo Vadis". I shit you not. Quo fucking Vadis! Some bitch actually named her kid a Latin phrase for, "Where are you going."

I remember a boy named Brock dating a girl named Elta. They looked like brother and sister.

Love the story from this one nurse I worked with about a Mexican mother who, while in labor decided on the gem, Placentia, for her newborn daughter.

My husband's grandmother was named Urdis, but that's oldschool Norway and those are the names people were given. Still, I always laugh when he tells the story about how he tried to show grandma Urdis, who apparently looked like a Dogue de Bordeaux, how far he could throw a stone and mistakenly threw it right on top of her head. He ran into the forest so fast, there were literal puffs of smoke behind him.

Old July 13th, 2012 #56
DeShawn S. Williams

Nothing wrong with DeShawn, Rondall, and Sharese. Maybe not for white folks though.

PEACE

Old July 14th, 2012 #57
A.S.
Diligence

Thumbs down

"Kayden" "Zayden" "Kayley" "Riley"... it's rampant where I live....when I'm out in public I hear it constantly: "Aiden come here", "No Kayla, don't do that", "Mason put that down" ARRRRGH!! Annoying as shit!!!

I've began noticing this trend about 5 years ago. Most (average) people don't understand why it's irritating, and look at me with a blank stare when I bring the subject up and begin to spit vitriol.

At least a few others understand...

Old July 14th, 2012 #58
A.S.
Diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. View Post
Parents who give their children names that are way out of left field are demonstrating insecurity and desires for cheap attention.
Agreed. It's a "look at me" thing. An "I'm special and so is my awesome son with the awesome name" thing.

Fuck these people.

Old July 14th, 2012 #59
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
It is very unfortunate that many German names are either ugly (Horst, for example) or just don't work in English. And per my comments to AA, I think it's wrong to try to bodily drag a 'new' ethnic name into English and make it happen, like the Irish would do with Seamus or Padraig or Siobhan or Declan or the 1001 others.
That's why I used Irish (Gaeilge) names as middle names for my kids. Their first names are not-unusual Italian or anglicized Irish names that were popular until modern faggot times. People usually ask what your middle name is, so if you verbalize it, there's no problem if it's Pádraig or Áine or what have you.

Quote:
Otto is a good male name, but not used these days. You can be a great man with the name Otto. It's simple, and it's ethnic. And unlike all the weak-ass Irish names, it's strong. And omigod do the middle-class wetters hate it. But when you're sitting in class with 1500 ryans and 3500 seans and 800 ians and 50 kierans and 25 declans... you will be the only Otto.
Weak-ass Irish names? Please. My middle name is my mom's maiden name, and it means 'Head-smasher' in Gaeilge. My mom's mom's means 'white warrior'. Otto is kind of a cool name though. Not to take away from that.

Old July 14th, 2012 #60
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
"Kayden" "Zayden" "Kayley" "Riley"... it's rampant where I live....when I'm out in public I hear it constantly: "Aiden come here", "No Kayla, don't do that", "Mason put that down" ARRRRGH!! Annoying as shit!!!

I've began noticing this trend about 5 years ago. Most (average) people don't understand why it's irritating, and look at me with a blank stare when I bring the subject up and begin to spit vitriol.

At least a few others understand...
Ever been on the stormfront baby name list?

Peyton
Kayden
Keegan
Reagan
Cadence
Jace
Saxony
Phineous
Brogin
Leellis
Dieter
Avery
Ireland
Quorthon
Jaysen
Mayghan Wynter Belle

Good indication of the demographics of WN, unfortunately.

Tags
#1, babies, baby, names

Thread