VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 16th, 2015 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Alabama City Suing Couple to Get Back on the Grid, Threatens Arrest

By Heather Callaghan

Huntsville, Alabama says couple can’t live “off the grid,” condemned their property and threatens arrest for trespassing

“I just don’t see how we’re hurting anyone by being here,” said Tyler Truitt when asked about having to defend his off-grid lifestyle to city hall.

As a military veteran, he found it really odd that he thought he was defending the American way only to come back home and be scolded by bureaucrats to hook-up! As you might imagine, Truitt doesn’t want to yield so easily and says they’d rather be arrested than leave their land. Who would want to leave their paid-for property and off-grid installations because of city utilities? It might eventually come down to arrest as the city is completely dismissing their property rights and adamantly disapproving their off-grid ways.

Truitt and his girlfriend Soraya Hamar are within Huntsville city limits but lived self-sufficiently without city utilities. The city officials said that’s simply not allowed and filed a lawsuit. They are claiming care for the couple’s safety – however, the couple are not without utility comforts, but have found a way to provide for themselves without the city services.

But the city frowns on their 100 percent, self-sustaining property, and homemade utilities such as solar panels and rainwater collection among other assets. They struck a low-blow by calling the couple’s house a trailer and saying that trailers aren’t allowed within city limits.

Truitt says the city has condemned the house, claiming safety violations for no hook-up, and threatened arrest for trespassing if they come back on their own property.

Truitt said:

You have to stand up for what you believe in. They could come out here today if they wanted to and take us to jail for trespassing if that’s what they want to call it and, you know, that’d be fine with me. I’ll still come back the next day and the next day and the next day because it’s my home and because I live here. Where else am I supposed to go really?”

WAFF 48 news reached out to Huntsville Utilities and the City Attorney but received no response.

If you’re wondering why there is a simultaneous and concerted effort in many American cities to keep people from living off their land – you might want to read about Agenda 21 either with a book called Behind the Green Mask or check out our articles on it.

In other words – this doesn’t just happen. There is no good reason why someone should be forced to hook up to utility companies or city services. None.

read full article at source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/alaba...-arrest_062015

Thread