VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 22nd, 2014 #1
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Default Beyond Podcasting: Starting Your Own Internet Television Channel

The idea here is to get WN thinking about video the way everyone thinks about audio. Digital video technology has caught up with digital audio technology.

Like many other technologies, the cost of video editing has declined by an order of magnitude or more. The 2" Quadraplex system cost so much that many television production facilities could only afford a single unit and editing was a highly involved process requiring special training. In contrast, nearly any home computer sold since the year 2000 has the speed and storage capacity to digitize and edit standard-definition television (SDTV). The two major retail operating systems include basic video editing software - Apple's iMovie and Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker.
Video_editing Video_editing

I take exception to Wikipedia's claim (or implication) that there is practical opensource video editing software. But professional quality Windows and Mac video editing software isn't that expensive.

What would be involved in getting started doing a quality WN program? Not the top quality one I've posted about with $300,000 in funding and a paid staff, but something along the lines of a video podcast paid for by a middle class WN out of pocket.

First and foremost you need someone who looks and sounds good in front of the camera. Finding the right person will be harder than you think. Don't expect real life to translate into video perfectly. Many people who can give a good lecture don't come off as well on camera. Only by doing what the pros do, giving potential hosts a screen test on set (even if the set is just a painted backdrop) under the same lighting conditions as your program, can you compare hosts.

If this is a one man show then you're it. But that's no reason to skip the screen test. You can get an idea how you look and improve your presentation, clothes and hair.

If it's a literal one man show you can use multiple HD cameras to capture different angles that can be cut together later. Remember, your smartphone may be a HD camera so along with the camera you buy for this purpose that gives you two angles to start with. The three camera shoot was the traditional method of shooting situation comedies for several decades, though in that case the editing was often done in real time with a video mixing board.

That live editing is what you'll be simulating with video editing software. After transferring the video to your computer and loading it into the software you'll be able to cut your program including fancy shot transitions (fades, wipes), insert graphics and titles, mix the sound and craft a program. This can take as much time as you're willing to put into it.

Rendering finished HD video will tax the resources of most home computers so faster is a lot better. Any recommendations would be obsolete in a month so the only advice I can give is get as much speed for your dollar as you can. That usually means Windows not Mac. One easy way to find a fast computer is by looking at gaming desktops.

One Man Show with video editing

Two or three cameras. $300 - $1500 (and up)

Two or three tripods. $60 - $180

Lights. $40 - $200

Lapel microphone. (often called a lavalier microphone) $30 - $250

Computer to digitize and edit video. $600 - $4000

Video editing software. $95 - $480

That comes to $1125 for the low end setup, or $6610 for the high end.

It should go without saying that you don't need all this equipment to start. The bare minimum is a camera, computer and microphone. But that will produce what you'd expect, a single unedited shot of you talking into the camera. Youtube is overwhelmed with that kind of thing and it won't stand out.

Just spending $95 for a good commercial editing program and using it to improve the pacing, add titles and superimpose graphics will set you apart, even with a single camera shoot.

For more information read this thread, which has links to video editing software on Amazon.

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=172065

Old March 22nd, 2014 #2
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Sam, apparently it appears you might know what your talking about. I recently cut the cable cord and now fumble through the dozens of "channels" on Roku , which is a small device that plays "content"(Movies and TV) off the internet by way of video streaming. This is the "next place" White Nationalism needs to be.

The above; just about totally represents my Tech knowledge. Like everything else in life it all boils down to money. Thanks for(having enough class and intelligence) not to start begging for bucks, like Black and Duke do so often on SF; that's not only embarrassing and shameful; it basically sad and degenerative too.

WCOTC worked well in the past and scared the liberals all to hell because the "front man" was young, good looking, smart, articulate and courageous. Matt Hale was SO good, the left just knew they had to get rid of him. Duplicating him would be impossible ;but that's what WN need to really do the heavy lifting.

I seen a guy or two in previous videos here in the past , so such people DO exist someplace ;they just need to be found, vetted,helped and directed.
Money ,I believe needs to be directed to a well established source to make sure failure is near impossible=someone with well established credential in WN and a track record of course. I'd suggest Alex ,his integrity thus far, would seem to be near unquestionable.

http://www.roku.com/developer

Last edited by SUNOFSPARTA; March 22nd, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Old March 22nd, 2014 #3
Sam Emerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNOFSPARTA View Post
Like everything else in life it all boils down to money. Thanks for(having enough class and intelligence) not to start begging for bucks, like Black and Duke do so often on SF; that's not only embarrassing and shameful; it basically sad and degenerative too.
There's nothing wrong with asking for money if you need it for activism as long as you're honest about what you're going to use it for.

Quote:
WCOTC worked well in the past and scared the liberals all to hell because the "front man" was young, good looking, smart, articulate and courageous. Matt Hale was SO good, the left just knew they had to get rid of him. Duplicating him would be impossible ;but that's what WN need to really do the heavy lifting.
Leadership ability isn't necessary to read news or comment on current events. It would help, but it's not essential. I'd settle for our own version of Sean Hannity or Ann Coulter.

Quote:
I seen a guy or two in previous videos here in the past , so such people DO exist someplace ;they just need to be found, vetted,helped and directed.
Money ,I believe needs to be directed to a well established source to make sure failure is near impossible=someone with well established credential in WN and a track record of course. I'd suggest Alex ,his integrity thus far, would seem to be near unquestionable.
My assumption is that a middle class WN could save $1125 themselves to create a simple video streaming program and distribute it through Liveleak and other free video sites.

The more expensive alternative would probably have a group of WNs working on it, so they could pool their resources. Of course I'm not even going into the higher end possibilities here (a dedicated production studio, top of the line cameras ($30k each) paid staff), this is a do it yourself thread.

Old March 23rd, 2014 #4
Sam Emerson

If you can't picture how this would be done I'm going to go into more detail.

You have your set. Maybe it's a painted backdrop, maybe a backdrop with a desk in front of it. You've tested the lighting and fine tuned it. Same for the host or hosts. Each host has a lapel microphone. You've got three cameras rolling. One can have an operator and move around, the other two are fixed on tripods. You go through the program "live", acting as if it's being shown in real time the way they do when they record The Tonight Show. But like talk shows you don't have any "breaking news" that's supposedly happening at the moment. You create an illusion of real time, but you don't lie and try to fake that you're live streaming.

At the end of the recording session you have three tapes or memory cards of raw footage. You transfer this to your computer with the video editing software. Load all three video streams into the software and sync them up. Now it's easy to cut between cameras. If you had a camera operator he can help in this phase, or leave some notes about his intentions when he moved the camera to get a particular shot. Combining the camera operator and editor would make sense if you can find someone with the ability to do both.

The editing can be very simple, just cutting back and fourth like a Charlie Rose interview with almost no graphics, or it can be as intricate as an episode of 60 Minutes cutting between the set, documentary footage, graphics, charts, maps, animation, and computer generated 3D logos. You could even do interviews with people all over the world using Skype video, though it would be low resolution.

You don't have to stick to one format. A political commentary show can evolve from simple to complex as you learn. A natural path would be one man show, to host with guest, to host with multiple guests, to host with guests and documentary footage, graphics and everything else.

The most important thing is to start doing the program, then keep doing it on schedule, whatever that schedule is. It's better to put out something imperfect than it is to skip a show. The minimum schedule, based on the experience of broadcast television, is once a week. Once a month and people forget.

Old April 15th, 2014 #5
Sam Emerson

If you're in the US this is a completely legal way to advance the cause. Craig Cobb was on the right track with Podblanc. He needed to improve the quality of his own videos. Better media gives the most bang for the buck now that we have the internet to distribute it.

Old April 16th, 2014 #6
Sam Emerson

Quote:
I doubt they'd allow a pro-white channel. You can get away with uploading pro-white videos to some of the Jew owned sites with burner accounts, but anyone who gets a following is constantly censored. In the long run reliable streaming will require a white owned video streaming server.

Tags
podcast, talk show, television, video

Thread