Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 1st, 2004 #121
Chain

This is a new AP article, or the same one? This paper picked it up in google's news thread six hours ago.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/newsupd...C7B3CD55.shtml
Quote:
Duke re-emerges at Kenner rally
The Associated Press
June 1, 2004

KENNER (AP) — Fresh out of prison for bilking supporters, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke hosted a weekend gathering of enthusiastic backers eager to hear him as he lashed out at Jews, blacks, immigrants and the “Zionist-controlled media.”

About 250 of them chanted “Duke! Duke!” as he took the stage Saturday night during his “unity and leadership conference.” None cared that he had just served time for swindling contributors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a direct mail scheme.

“It was essentially a political conviction,” said Paul Fromm, director of the Canadian Association for Free Expression. (A rightist, pro-Zundel site, though the AP writer was careful to omit further facts).
http://www.canadianfreespeech.com/homepage.html

The Southern Poverty Law Center, a watchdog group that monitors hate groups, has identified Fromm as a Holocaust denier and said the Memorial Day weekend conference was a gathering for like-minded white supremacists and right-wing groups.

The Web site for the Duke-founded European-American Unity and Rights Organization identified participants as leaders of Stormfront, the National Alliance and the British National Party.

“I think the congress is intended to deflect attention from Duke’s conviction for bilking his supporters and it’s a publicity stunt pure and simple to make him look like a candidate rather than a convict,” said Lance Hill,
http://x500.tcs.tulane.edu/Rcn%3DLan...sity,%20c%3DUS
director the Southern Institute for Education and Research.

http://www.southerninstitute.info/index.html

Despite Duke’s legal travails, some extremists apparently still hold hope that he can unite and lead a political movement.

Don Black, the creator of Stormfront, one of the first white nationalist Internet sites, praised Duke for his political savvy.

“He’s demonstrated that he’s been the lead man in the past,” Black said. “I believe the conference represents the beginning of a viable political movement for white America.”

However, Duke repeatedly warned the audience to not allow themselves to be characterized as white supremacists and racists, and to carefully pick the words that describe themselves and the “white civil rights cause.”

“We have to be precise about how we use our words,” Duke said. “What we speak creates the world. I believe that. We have to start speaking in a way that empowers us.”

Old June 1st, 2004 #122
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glex
Here is a few choice samples from Page 1 of the “Mueller dis-invitation” thread:

Where’s the outrage on this thread people? Where’s the “f*** ‘em all” attitude? Duke’s dis-invite is different from Mueller's dis-invite how?

Linder said: Duke said he felt that VNN's approach would clash with his, and I took this to mean he would feel more comfortable if we were not there.

Isn’t that exactly what Mueller felt?

Linder said: He believes we on our side should go our own way, and not worry about others, and in the long run this will produce the best results.

Isn’t that exactly what Mueller felt?

You’ll forgive this poor anti for not seeing any difference between the Mueller dis-invitation and the Duke dis-invitation. Can anyone point it out to me?

Edited by Demonica- No "4 letter words" in the Civil Forum, please
Apparently you don't read VNN letters section.
http://www.vnnforum.com/main/2004b/53004letters.htm

Linder craps out! Yep...Himself lets Duke and the rest of the NA bought and paid for dupes bully him into not attending Dukes conference! A tactical error ITZ!

Oy Vey....Duke smoothes Linder over with a mere phone call, starstruck ITZ! The obstructions, hindrances and difficulties Itz!

Please Alex make calm, tranquilize yourself and be less harsh! .... relieve the anxiety and tension! Refine yourself Itz!......ohh the crudness! Ohh the unpleasantness , disagreeable,coarseness and rough to the touch you are!

Can't we just all get along! Make nice with the NOI! They will help us! Many jew are against Zionism...they be our friends, Itz!

Duke be talkin to Alex and is everything is OK! I'm convinced Itz! Nothing to see here folks...just move along!

Alex be takin care ob uz!

BS! Another jew sellout!

Steve B

Ed. Note: Not even, dude! See next letter. I be what I be, and I keep on bein'. Like I told cultist Kelso, Weenie's new best friend, he's full of s*** and I wanted to hear the nix from Duke himself. If I had not talked to Duke and felt his reservations, I would have gone down there. I will not drive 1,000 miles to be turned away, especially if the host is on our side and does not welcome me. I acted as an honorable Aryan. If Duke's afraid of my presence, or takes orders from cult-affiliated underlings when it comes to admitting people to a "unity" conference, that reflects on his judgment. I'm going to assume that Duke is misled, and give him some time to figure out what's going on. It is clearer than ever that Aryans in American need some kind of non-cult representation. The NA grows increasingly saffronic.

[Edited by Georgie: Watch your language in this section]

Old June 1st, 2004 #123
Draco
Rational Realistic Racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Apparently you don't read VNN letters section.
http://www.vnnforum.com/main/2004b/53004letters.htm

Linder craps out! Yep...Himself lets Duke and the rest of the NA bought and paid for dupes bully him into not attending Dukes conference! A tactical error ITZ!

Oy Vey....Duke smoothes Linder over with a mere phone call, starstruck ITZ! The obstructions, hindrances and difficulties Itz!

Please Alex make calm, tranquilize yourself and be less harsh! .... relieve the anxiety and tension! Refine yourself Itz!......ohh the crudness! Ohh the unpleasantness , disagreeable,coarseness and rough to the touch you are!

Can't we just all get along! Make nice with the NOI! They will help us! Many jew are against Zionism...they be our friends, Itz!

Duke be talkin to Alex and is everything is OK! I'm convinced Itz! Nothing to see here folks...just move along!

Alex be takin care ob uz!

BS! Another jew sellout!

Steve B

Ed. Note: Not even, dude! See next letter. I be what I be, and I keep on bein'. Like I told cultist Kelso, Weenie's new best friend, he's full of s*** and I wanted to hear the nix from Duke himself. If I had not talked to Duke and felt his reservations, I would have gone down there. I will not drive 1,000 miles to be turned away, especially if the host is on our side and does not welcome me. I acted as an honorable Aryan. If Duke's afraid of my presence, or takes orders from cult-affiliated underlings when it comes to admitting people to a "unity" conference, that reflects on his judgment. I'm going to assume that Duke is misled, and give him some time to figure out what's going on. It is clearer than ever that Aryans in American need some kind of non-cult representation. The NA grows increasingly saffronic.
How'd my private message concerning Edvard Munch get above it?

Not that I care, but it's kind of strange when the sensation of "this looks familiar" dawns on you, and then you say, "oh, because I wrote it".

Is it safe to assume ALL things from VNNF are eligible to be posted to the VNN letters section Alex? If its not explicitly stated, it should be.

Edit:

I read even lower, the letter concerning CAL's Scientology past was freaking hilarious! Who knew he kissed ass and fellated his way to the elite of Scientology, then split?

"There came a day when I woke up and said, "Hey, I'm not a scientologist. This is a joke. What the hell am I doing here?" Normally, if you try to leave they make it very uncomfortable. They go after you and use all sorts of mental arm twisting to intimidate you back into the fold. So I engineered what they call a "blow" to get myself physically out of the organization. With their blessings I got a leave of absence for some kind of super project that I concocted. It was a total phony. When my leave was over, I simply remained out."

Anyone see a precedent?

Currently 87% Sun, 13% Lightning.

Last edited by Draco; June 1st, 2004 at 07:29 PM.

Old June 1st, 2004 #124
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco
How'd my private message concerning Edvard Munch get above it?

Not that I care, but it's kind of strange when the sensation of "this looks familiar" dawns on you, and then you say, "oh, because I wrote it".

Is it safe to assume ALL things from VNNF are eligible to be posted to the VNN letters section Alex? If its not explicitly stated, it should be.

Edit:

I read even lower, the letter concerning CAL's Scientology past was freaking hilarious! Who knew he kissed ass and fellated his way to the elite of Scientology, then split?

"There came a day when I woke up and said, "Hey, I'm not a scientologist. This is a joke. What the hell am I doing here?" Normally, if you try to leave they make it very uncomfortable. They go after you and use all sorts of mental arm twisting to intimidate you back into the fold. So I engineered what they call a "blow" to get myself physically out of the organization. With their blessings I got a leave of absence for some kind of super project that I concocted. It was a total phony. When my leave was over, I simply remained out."

Anyone see a precedent?
I was wondering what that Edvard Munch letter was all about. Truthfully, it went right over the top of my head.

By the way...my letter to Alex was not meant to insult although it probably appears to most to be so.

Every once is a while I like to give Alex a hard time for the simple reason it brings out the best in him!

Old June 1st, 2004 #125
William Krieger

Quote:
Isn?t that exactly what Mueller felt?
No, it's not. Mueller invited Linder, supplied him with a free ticket, and VNN promoted the conference for months. Mueller said he personally wanted Alex to attend, but that financial pressure was applied behind the scenes by "backers" on whom he depended. The conference was then canceled, a new one organized, no disinvitation, and Alex attended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex
You?ll forgive this poor anti for not seeing any difference between the Mueller dis-invitation and the Duke dis-invitation. Can anyone point it out to me?
The difference is that Alex was invited to the Mueller conference, that his presence was desired by Mueller, the conference organizer, that the disinvitation was involuntary, coerced from "behind the scenes" by financial pressure, and that travel costs were already paid by VNN supporters.

David Duke told Alex plainly that he was not to attend, on the grounds that "his message would conflict," reflecting the image of Linder supplied to Duke, Alex thinks, by Strom, Kelso, etc. So why cause a conflict? Why show up where you're not wanted by the guest of honor, who's being welcomed home? Why disrupt an otherwise great and important event? You who are saying Alex should have showed up there are wrong. It makes no sense, whether Duke was simply acting on a wrong impression fed him or whether he genuinely does not like Alex. Especially if it's the former, which Alex is assuming and giving Duke the benefit of the doubt. But even if it was Duke's own choice, it would make no sense not to respect that and show up there unwanted. Those suggesting this show a marked negro mentality, or, in Glex's case, a likely desire to hurt Linder, which showing up there unwanted undoubtedly would have.

Last edited by Demonica; June 2nd, 2004 at 09:20 AM. Reason: [No racial slurs in the civil forum]

Old June 1st, 2004 #126
The Final Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
As he is the guest of honor, I told him to rest easy, if he feels that way, it is better that we not attend.
How Christian:

Seventh Sunday of Pentecost

Our Yokes Rest Easy when Jesus Pulls the Load Beside Us

Matthew 11: 16 - 19, 25 - 30

Luke 10: 21, 22

http://www.sundayschoollessons.com/pent6mles.htm

See also:

Matthew 5 39
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?lan...sage=Matt+5:39

First a civil forum, now this. Unf*****believable! [edited by Franco]

Old June 2nd, 2004 #127
Glex

Quote:
Linder didn’t seem overly concerned about who he was hurting when he showed up at the Mueller conference, did he? Why is he suddenly concerned about it now?
Mueller didn't show up at "his" conference. I had no intent to damage either conference, it was the lying cultist Strom-associate Kelso who pretended I did.

If I had been on the speaker's roster and THEN been canceled, I would have attended regardless of what Duke or Kelso or anybody felt.

Duke doesn't define "unity," but his actions suggests he thinks he can. What he lost by my not attending was a good report on what actually happened. The fact is that too many in our 'movement' are girlishly sensitive to criticism, and this attitude predominates among the soi-disant high-roaders.

A. Linder

[i accidentally edited rather than replied, making it appear glex wrote what i did.]

Last edited by Alex Linder; June 2nd, 2004 at 03:59 PM.

Old June 2nd, 2004 #128
bizmark

Quote:
So did Mueller. Clearly Mueller’s backers thought the message would conflict. And yet in that case, Alex was more than ready to crash the party, at VNNforum’s urging, by the way. But are you telling me that if Linder was originally invited, then had been dis-invited by Duke, we’d see the same fiery Linder “determined to show up and shove it down their throats”, as we did at the Mueller conference? Bull.

Exactly my question. Why, in the case of the Mueller conference, did Linder decide to cause a conflict?

Exactly my question. Why, in the case of the Mueller conference, did Linder decide to show up when he was not wanted?

Exactly my question. Why, in the case of the Mueller conference, did Linder decide to disrupt an otherwise great and important event?

Actually no one is saying that at all. That’s my point. The silence is deafening.

But I’ll tell you what I am saying. I’m saying that Alex Linder is a hypocrite. He should not have gone to the Mueller conference, just like he should not go to the Duke conference. And for the exact same reasons in both cases. He wasn’t invited!

Exactly my point. Alex should not have gone to the Mueller conference. As you said “ it would make no sense not to respect that and show up there unwanted.” And yet he did, didn’t he? Alex went to Mueller’s conference, uninvited and was applauded here. But now, Alex decides to respect the wishes of the conference holders. Why?

Linder didn’t seem overly concerned about who he was hurting when he showed up at the Mueller conference, did he? Why is he suddenly concerned about it now?
Look. The differences between the situations are very clear. I don't have all the details exactly right because I don't have 5 hours to wade through all those threads, but here goes.

Revisionist (Mueller) conference: Alex had long been invited. Maybe not as a guest of honor, but at least as someone who would be helping to run and/or promote the conference. Alex had been promoting the conference for months on VNN. He already had his plane ticket in hand when he was suddenly disinvited, and the organizer of the conference admitted that it wasn't his wish to do so but rather the wishes of shadowy sponsors.

Duke conference: Alex had never been invited, nor had he been specifically disinvited. He was not actively involved on the promotion of the conference, nor was he ever listed on the conference website as a speaker or attendee. He did not have any specific plans to go until the last minute. He would have driven to New Orleans with Chain. Chain's involvement probably threw a bunch of other political stuff into the mix.... if Alex had just gone by himself and without announcing anything on-line, he probably would not have had any trouble getting into the conference as an attendee (just my opinion). But as things turned out, David Duke himself (the organizer of the conference) believed that Alex would make trouble there, and so he asked Alex not to show up.

So, to recap the differences:

1) Specific Invitation to Alex:
Mueller Conference: yes
Duke Conference: no

2) Long-term Plans to Attend (plane tickets, etc.):

3) Alex/VNN Promoted Event:

4) Conference Organizer personally doesn't want Alex:
Mueller Conference: no
Duke Conferenfe: yes

Capiche?

Old June 2nd, 2004 #129
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Here is a few choice samples from Page 1 of the “Mueller dis-invitation” thread:

You’ll forgive this poor anti for not seeing any difference between the Mueller dis-invitation and the Duke dis-invitation. Can anyone point it out to me?

Edited by Demonica- No "4 letter words" in the Civil Forum, please
Many differences. Mueller invited me himself, sent a complimentary ticket for our promoting his show. A supporter sent me a non-refundable ticket. There's no way I wasn't going regardless of the fact that Taylor and Kelso did not want me there. I went, and as expected, most did want me there.

Duke did not want me attending his "Unity" conference, I suspect mostly because of what he has heard about us from Scientologist/cultist-of-many-colors Jamie Kelso and Don Black, who apparently has whined to him about criticism here. That is Duke's prerogative. I was never on the official speaker's list, and since Duke didn't want me to go, I didn't want to go. It reflects poorly on David Duke and his judgment and the people he surrounds himself with, in my view, and I think in the view of most.
It was a "small" rather than a "big" decision. Kelso is someone Duke and Strom are extremely foolish to be involved with.

Time has a way of sorting these things out.

I will be writing a reaction to the ideas in the speeches at the Duke show once I've finished listening to them.

Last edited by Alex Linder; June 2nd, 2004 at 03:44 PM.

Old June 2nd, 2004 #130
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Mueller didn't show up at "his" conference. I had no intent to damage either conference, it was the lying cultist Strom-associate Kelso who pretended I did.

If I had been on the speaker's roster and THEN been canceled, I would have attended regardless of what Duke or Kelso or anybody felt.

Duke doesn't define "unity," but his actions suggests he thinks he can. What he lost by my not attending was a good report on what actually happened. The fact is that too many in our 'movement' are girlishly sensitive to criticism, and this attitude predominates among the soi-disant high-roaders.
I apologize, Glex. I had meant to 'reply' to your post, but I accidentally edited it instead. The words in the post above are mine, not Glex's.

Old June 2nd, 2004 #131
heaven above

Hello Alex,

as a relative newcomer to the US nationalist scene, I am intrigued to hear as to why you were 'banned' from the New Orleans conference. I have been involved in British nationalism since I came out of the British Army in 1976.

I myself , have 'suffered the strings and arrows of great misfortune' by Nick Griffin since early 2001.

I am a supporter and friend of JohnTyndall.

What were the reasons for your exclusion ?

What do you think of the 'New Orleans Protocol' ?

Old June 5th, 2004 #132
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven above
Hello Alex,

as a relative newcomer to the US nationalist scene, I am intrigued to hear as to why you were 'banned' from the New Orleans conference. I have been involved in British nationalism since I came out of the British Army in 1976.

I myself , have 'suffered the strings and arrows of great misfortune' by Nick Griffin since early 2001.

I am a supporter and friend of JohnTyndall.

What were the reasons for your exclusion ?

What do you think of the 'New Orleans Protocol' ?
My exclusion was politics. The NA clique fears me, as they fear anyone with a head who takes an honest look at who and what they are. Like I've said a hundred times, they're totalitarians. They seek to control every aspect of their members lives, to the extent they can. Strom's signing up with Kelso, a guy who has flipped back and forth among cults his entire life, shows you the direction they're really headed, as opposed to the pretty things they write for public consumption. I can't help but note the tone-deafness in naming a protocol promoting decorum and non-violence after the least decorous and most violent city in America. These guys are amateurs.

A final observation is that "our" government neither follows the law nor refrains from violence, so why should I sign something promising to bring a knife to a gunfight? The best policy with regard to violence is to say nothing.

Last edited by Alex Linder; June 5th, 2004 at 02:44 AM.

Old June 30th, 2005 #133
_DC_

Just for fun I was looking through a couple of forums to see which threads have been viewed the most, and this thread is pretty high on the list. There's lots of good information here, from the first posts and onward, so I hope newcomers to the forum will take the chance to read it.

Would be interesting to hear an update on this situation, if something new would come up.

Old June 30th, 2005 #134
White Will
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DC_
Just for fun I was looking through a couple of forums to see which threads have been viewed the most, and this thread is pretty high on the list. There's lots of good information here, from the first posts and onward, so I hope newcomers to the forum will take the chance to read it.

Would be interesting to hear an update on this situation, if something new would come up.
Thanks for the bump, _DC_. I haven't spent much time on the Civil Forum and must have been out of town or something during the week when this thread blossomed because I missed it entirely till now. Good stuff, worth spending an hour or so reading.

I hear Duke fired Kelso recently, primarily because his girlfriend had had enough of sharing their home with him. Isn't there always a female at the root of these shakeups? I also that David hired him back after agreeing to put him in another house, then took off for Europe again. I also hear that Duke had a major blowup with Willis Carto and with Eustice Mullins at his conference last month. These are rumors as far as I know, but I expect that there have been lots of adjustments in the relationships of those who attended the so-called Unity conference in New Orleans.

Thread