VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 2nd, 2003 #1
Rob Roy MacGregor

Arrow The USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning

The USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning

Excellent Book! (and FREE, I might add)

All files are in PDF format and can be downloaded by individual sections or whole chapters. My suggestion is to download the WHOLE book and save to your HD, and then if you can, burn it onto disk, and GIVE it to another White brother or sister.

"The USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning" has been OUT OF PRINT since 1994. For some reason, the ZOG does NOT like self sufficiancy (can you say FEMA?). Canning and other means of food storage must NEVER be allowed to become "lost arts".

Remember, the ZOG is depending on our DEPENDANCE!

14-88!

"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children,"

Last edited by Rob Roy MacGregor; December 6th, 2004 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Updated Link

Old December 8th, 2003 #2
Brenda

The canning guide does look like an excellent resource. I have never done that kind of canning myself and don't know too much about it, but I do know that there is an alternative to "conventional" canning that doesn't involve vacuum sealing or pressure cookers, making it even simpler. By adding a few spoonfuls of whey to the jar of vegetables as well as a small amount of salt, and leaving at least 1 inch at the top of the jars, you can preserve the food. The lactic acid in the whey will inhibit the growth of bad bacteria, and will let good bacteria flourish making the end product more nutritious. People preserved food this way before they had cans or vacuum sealing. You can make the whey by getting raw milk and letting it stand in a warm place for a few days, the whey will separate out from the curds, the curds can be used like cream cheese or used in baking. I have made sauerkraut this way and it came out great, it will only get better with age, I hear. These fermented vegetables are eaten more as a condiment than main dish, so perhaps this would be a compliment to vacuum-sealed canning.

Old December 10th, 2003 #3
Rob Roy MacGregor

Default I've never heard of that method....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda
The canning guide does look like an excellent resource. I have never done that kind of canning myself and don't know too much about it, but I do know that there is an alternative to "conventional" canning that doesn't involve vacuum sealing or pressure cookers, making it even simpler. By adding a few spoonfuls of whey to the jar of vegetables as well as a small amount of salt, and leaving at least 1 inch at the top of the jars, you can preserve the food. The lactic acid in the whey will inhibit the growth of bad bacteria, and will let good bacteria flourish making the end product more nutritious. People preserved food this way before they had cans or vacuum sealing. You can make the whey by getting raw milk and letting it stand in a warm place for a few days, the whey will separate out from the curds, the curds can be used like cream cheese or used in baking. I have made sauerkraut this way and it came out great, it will only get better with age, I hear. These fermented vegetables are eaten more as a condiment than main dish, so perhaps this would be a compliment to vacuum-sealed canning.

Not as canning anyway. I believe the term is pickling. I would love to try it sometime.

It sounds like a lot of chemistry involved.LOL My wife and I just canned some chili the other day. When dealing with meats, I think that heat is your friend.

But it would be interesting to try it your way.

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Last edited by Rob Roy MacGregor; December 10th, 2003 at 06:13 PM.

Old December 13th, 2003 #4
Brenda

Yes, it is pickling, thanks for making the distintion. I'm new to food preservation! I mentioned the method because it is SO easy. "Canning" especially meats would probably be best for storing lots of food to live off of. We'll have to try it some time when we have the space and supplies. We have lots of meat frozen but of couse that wont be good for long if the power goes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R MacDonald 14-88
Not as canning anyway. I believe the term is pickling. I would love to try it sometime.

It sounds like a lot of chemistry involved.LOL My wife and I just canned some chili the other day. When dealing with meats, I think that heat is your friend.

But it would be interesting to try it your way.

Old December 16th, 2003 #5
Toni

Default another canning site

I used this site for info and reference

http://www.homecanning.com/

Old January 12th, 2004 #6
whipcracker
Hates People..........

Just adding a bump to this.

Old March 10th, 2005 #7
heaven above

Self sufficiency is a good white trait.

More power to your elbows here. Good food is a real pleasure and to eat good food with good people, is one of life's real lasting pleasures.

Old January 27th, 2007 #8
L. Edwards
Migrant White worker

These files aren't in PDF, they're in HTML

Old January 27th, 2007 #9
L. Edwards
Migrant White worker

These files aren't in PDF, they're in HTML

Old January 28th, 2007 #10
L. Edwards
Migrant White worker

Wow, where can I find time to do all this survival stuff: reloading, canning, etc. and have time to work too?

Old January 23rd, 2009 #11
jasonc

Default made above into pdf/doc file for anyone interested in hosting/having

Followed above link and was interested in having the knowledge in my library (never know when it might evaporate off the net) so I cut and pasted it all into a .doc file (2.2mb) and then made a .pdf (1.7mb) if anyone has a use for it or wants to host it somewhere. Its about 270 pages of text illustrations recipes and charts (temp/altitude).

For anyone looking to make one file (text/pictures/graphs) out of info on many different web pages search for an app called autocopypaste.exe (for windows). I found it on lifehacker.com. Open (notepad/word/whateveryoulike) then select text with mouse in your browser, hit (win +c) (as in the windows button on a keyboard, usually between CTRL and ALT on left side and hit "C" at the same time) and it will automatically copy and paste it into (notepad/word/whateveryoulike) and return you to your browser.

Thread