VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 6th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Germany: Informal Censorship

German TV stars taken off-air over Nazis references

By Ofer Aderet, Haaretz Correspondent

German late-night television host Julianne Ziegler, 26, lost her job last week after jokingly using the German phrase "Arbeit Macht Frei" (translated as "Work makes you free"), inscribed over the gates of the Auschwitz death camp in Poland, during a live broadcast.

Ziegler made the statement to a guest who voiced his displeasure at having to go to work following the interview.

ProSebien, the station on which the program airs, is the second largest private station in Germany. It is unclear whether the fact that the station's owner, Haim Saban, is Israeli had anything to do with the decision, but the station managers decided to fire Ziegler immediately.

"It was an unjustified slip of the tongue," the station's spokeswoman said. "These things should not happen. Ziegler will not host on our station anymore."

The late-night program's production company backed the statements, saying Ziegler would no longer appear in the company's productions.

The host's slipup was followed by a rolling laughter. Shortly after, she was taken off-screen, and when she returned, she offered the audience a nervous and serious apology: "Earlier I had a slip of the tongue. It was unintentional."

Facing the camera, she said, "this is a live broadcast. It was a silly mistake. I'm sorry." The apology failed to save her job.

A week before Ziegler's dismissal, the Polish Berlin resident DJ Tomekk was thrown off a German reality program after a homevideo featuring him making a Nazi salute and singing "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles" was posted online.

The reality show, "The Jungle," airs on a competing private station, RTL and leads the station's ratings. Contestants on the show, a German version of "I'm a Celebrity? Get Me Out of Here," are local celebrities sent to a remote Australian jungle.

The video footage was taken in an Australian hotel room, shortly before production on the reality program began. It also features DJ Tomekk saying, "So many foreigners in this building."

The contestant apologized and attempted to offer explanations, saying he has more foreign then German friends and that he's "anything but xenophobic."

"It was a stupid joke. I sincerely apologize," he added. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Nonetheless, he was booted off the show and the station managers wasted no time in condemning the video, saying "This type of humor is unacceptable and not tolerable on a television broadcast."

But not all "Nazi scandals," as they are termed in German media, end with apologies. Prior to both of the above incidents, popular talk show host Eva Herman was fired from the public television network NDR.

Herman presented the news on the network for 18 years and in recent years hosted the talk show, but last September, she praised Nazi family values during a press conference to promote her new book on child-rearing.

"It was a gruesome time with a totally crazy and highly dangerous leader who led the Germans into ruin," she said. "But there was at the time also something good, and that is the values, that is the children, that is the families, that is a togetherness."

Praise for the Nazi regime, even if preceded by reservations, is taboo in Germany, and the network's director general fired Herman immediately. The presenter, however, refused to retract her statements, and shortly after her dismissal, said on a talk show on the ZDF station: "If we can no longer discuss the Nazis' family values, then we also cannot discuss the fast roads they built. We can't discuss German history without endangering ourselves." She left the studio before the broadcast was over.

Some of the veteran presenter's fans tried to overturn her dismissal, but most of those who arrived at the rally to support Herman were members of Hamburg's far-right party.

Old February 6th, 2008 #2
tuisto

Default Re: Germany: Informal Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
German TV stars taken off-air over Nazis references

By Ofer Aderet, Haaretz Correspondent

German late-night television host Julianne Ziegler, 26, lost her job last week after jokingly using the German phrase "Arbeit Macht Frei" (translated as "Work makes you free"), inscribed over the gates of the Auschwitz death camp in Poland, during a live broadcast.

Ziegler made the statement to a guest who voiced his displeasure at having to go to work following the interview.

ProSebien, the station on which the program airs, is the second largest private station in Germany. It is unclear whether the fact that the station's owner, Haim Saban, is Israeli had anything to do with the decision, but the station managers decided to fire Ziegler immediately.

"It was an unjustified slip of the tongue," the station's spokeswoman said. "These things should not happen. Ziegler will not host on our station anymore."

The late-night program's production company backed the statements, saying Ziegler would no longer appear in the company's productions.

The host's slipup was followed by a rolling laughter. Shortly after, she was taken off-screen, and when she returned, she offered the audience a nervous and serious apology: "Earlier I had a slip of the tongue. It was unintentional."

Facing the camera, she said, "this is a live broadcast. It was a silly mistake. I'm sorry." The apology failed to save her job.

A week before Ziegler's dismissal, the Polish Berlin resident DJ Tomekk was thrown off a German reality program after a homevideo featuring him making a Nazi salute and singing "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles" was posted online.

The reality show, "The Jungle," airs on a competing private station, RTL and leads the station's ratings. Contestants on the show, a German version of "I'm a Celebrity? Get Me Out of Here," are local celebrities sent to a remote Australian jungle.

The video footage was taken in an Australian hotel room, shortly before production on the reality program began. It also features DJ Tomekk saying, "So many foreigners in this building."

The contestant apologized and attempted to offer explanations, saying he has more foreign then German friends and that he's "anything but xenophobic."

"It was a stupid joke. I sincerely apologize," he added. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Nonetheless, he was booted off the show and the station managers wasted no time in condemning the video, saying "This type of humor is unacceptable and not tolerable on a television broadcast."

But not all "Nazi scandals," as they are termed in German media, end with apologies. Prior to both of the above incidents, popular talk show host Eva Herman was fired from the public television network NDR.

Herman presented the news on the network for 18 years and in recent years hosted the talk show, but last September, she praised Nazi family values during a press conference to promote her new book on child-rearing.

"It was a gruesome time with a totally crazy and highly dangerous leader who led the Germans into ruin," she said. "But there was at the time also something good, and that is the values, that is the children, that is the families, that is a togetherness."

Praise for the Nazi regime, even if preceded by reservations, is taboo in Germany, and the network's director general fired Herman immediately. The presenter, however, refused to retract her statements, and shortly after her dismissal, said on a talk show on the ZDF station: "If we can no longer discuss the Nazis' family values, then we also cannot discuss the fast roads they built. We can't discuss German history without endangering ourselves." She left the studio before the broadcast was over.

Some of the veteran presenter's fans tried to overturn her dismissal, but most of those who arrived at the rally to support Herman were members of Hamburg's far-right party.
Germany has been taken hostage in 1945.
Germans have become as self hating as jews.
Their inability to fight fearlessly for their Volk&Fuehrer is nothing but cowardice.
That stupid woman short-circuited herself and she deserves all the worst.
What Germany needs are Jeanne d'Arcs a la Silvia Stolz.
Say: "I am sorry" to a JEW and he will destroy you.

Old February 6th, 2008 #3
Robert Bandanza
Banned

http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=715473&postcount=2

Old February 6th, 2008 #4
tuisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTVS ABVNDANTIVS View Post
There is absolutely no excuse for her excuse.
She is a fucking coward and deserves the worst.

Old February 7th, 2008 #5
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Default Pro 7 was- and still may be Jew-owned

I posted this fact around 2 years ago. Probably in the repulsive Jew photo gallery thread.

Here on Eva Herman:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...510846,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel
"...Rather than apologize or distance herself from her comments, though, she has fought back with missionary zeal in the past month, granting interviews and appearing on talk shows -- the latest being Johannes B. Kerner's show on German public broadcaster ZDF on Tuesday night.

When Kerner pressed her on whether she would repeat her statements today, Herman evaded the question. Instead, she said: If one isn't allowed to discuss Nazi family values, then neither can one talk about the German autobahns, which were built during the Third Reich. She also said it had become impossible to discuss German history without endangering one's reputation..."
This is the punk who threw her off the set, pictured at the top:

Old February 7th, 2008 #6
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Last edited by Agis; February 7th, 2008 at 05:47 AM.

Old February 14th, 2008 #7
Robert Bandanza
Banned

jewsign

Jewish Media-Control
PROFILE OF A JEWISH MEDIA BOSS

ONE THE WORLD’S WEALTHIEST AND MOST POWERFUL JEWISH MEDIA BOSSES SPEAKS OUT.

Quote:
Haim Saban may not be well known, but as the following New York Times profile makes clear, he and others like him wield enormous power and influence, and have a profound impact on our lives. Saban, a Jewish billionaire, is one of the world’s most powerful media bosses. He uses his great wealth and influence to fervently promote Jewish-Zionist interests. "I'm a one-issue guy and my issue is Israel," says Saban. He has given millions of dollars to pro-Israel politicians, and he’s a close friend of both Ariel Sharon and Bill Clinton. The German government transferred ownership of (ProSiebenSat.1 Media), the largest media conglomerate in Europe, over to Saban. Saban "added that the German government had been very supportive of him. ... There have been all kinds of theories because of the fact that I'm an Israeli-American and the like." Why was Saban so keen to control the German media market? It was not just a financial score "but the cornerstone of something bigger": "The German situation has the potential to be not just a financial score but serve as the cornerstone of something bigger,"said Peter Chernin, president and chief executive of the News Corporation. "Germany is still an occupied country", Chief-Rabbi Moishe Friedman from Vienna called out loud. Perhaps it is Chaim Saban's mission to help to keep the Germans also mentally occupied - through appropriate propaganda: Saban: "I'm not suggesting we ignore what happened in Germany 50 years ago," he said, "but I am suggesting that we don't allow it to keep us from going into the future."
http://globalfire.tv/nj/04en/jews/saban.htm

Old March 3rd, 2008 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Galerie Nord (Berlin)]

Berlin gallery shuts down exhibit after threats by Muslim protestors

February 29, 2008

A Berlin gallery has temporarily closed an art show of satirical pieces by Danish artists after the gallery was stormed by Muslim protesters, demanding that it take down a poster depicting the Kaaba shrine in Mecca.

The Galerie Nord in central Berlin said late Thursday it would shut the exhibit by Surrend, an artist duo who like to poke fun at ideologies and powerful people, barely a week after it opened.

Muslim demonstrators flooded the gallery on Tuesday, outraged over a poster showing the sacred shrine and labelled "Stupid Stone." The Kaaba is the shrine holding a black stone, considered sacrosanct to Muslims. They pray in the direction of the Kaaba every day.

"They were very aggressive and shouted at an employee," the gallery's artistic director Ralf Hartmann said. He also said they threatened to use violence.

The gallery is now working with German authorities to improve security. Hartmann says he hopes to re-open the show.

"It would be unacceptable if individual social groups were in a position to exercise censorship over art and the freedom of expression," said the gallery in a statement.
Continue Article

The Surrend artists — Jan Egesborg and Pia Bertelsen — are known for using advertisements, posters, websites and stickers to express irony and mockery. Hartmann says the exhibition is not anti-Muslim, but anti-radical.

The poster that inflamed the ire of the protesters is one of four works that attack neo-Nazi propaganda and anti-Semitic theories that Jews control the world.

"That theory also lives in the Arab world," he said.

The news puts Denmark again at the centre of the controversy surrounding artistic freedom in connection with Muslims.

Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in 2006 triggered major protests in Muslim countries after they were published in a local newspaper.

On Feb. 13, 2008, newspapers in Denmark reprinted one of the caricatures to show their commitment to freedom of speech after police said had they uncovered a plot to kill the artist who drew it and arrested three suspects.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/artdesign/sto...n-muslims.html

Thread