Old January 18th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 World War I Thread

World War I

by Taki

January 14, 2014

Joseph Caillaux

By the time August rolls around there will be hundreds of books, thousands of articles, and millions of words spoken by mostly pompous people about who was responsible for starting World War I. The Brits were the first off the mark to blame the Germans. They would, wouldn’t they? Max Hastings, a very good English historian who affects upper-class mannerisms (his father was a tabloid hack) and has the most extraordinary accent in a desperate effort to show he’s a blueblood, was among the first to produce a book and place the blame where it doesn’t belong. Among the few who got it exactly right is Christopher Clark, whose The Sleepwalkers hit the proverbial nail you-know-where. The irony is that the sixteen million dead, the disappearance of the great royal dynasties and of the upper classes, and the birth of communism and Nazism could all have been avoided if a certain Joseph Caillaux had kept his pants on. Let me explain.

Caillaux was French prime minister and a friend of Germany’s. He mistrusted the British who ruled half the world. He decided that Germans should not build a larger navy lest they get any big ideas about having an overseas empire like perfidious Albion. He had stepped down in 1912 and was running against a warmonger in the 1914 elections. In early 1914, Le Figaro, France’s most respected newspaper, published an exposé of the affair of Monsieur Caillaux with a certain Madame Henriette. (Plus ça change, as they say in the land of cheese.)

Madame Caillaux, known for her elegance and noble breeding, had herself driven to the offices of Le Figaro and asked to see the editor. He was out to lunch, so she waited in his office. As soon as he entered, she greeted him politely, announced her name, took out a revolver from her gilded purse, and shot him dead. She was immediately tried and exonerated—the French called it a crime passionnel—but her hubby had to resign. The warmongering Raymond Poincaré remained in power.

Gaston Calmette, the dead editor, was the first man to fall, but you won’t find his name among those who fell on the “Champs d’Honneur,” or field of honor. All but a few of the French aristocracy were wiped out, but even more nobles died on the German side. The British upper classes also lost big time, but not as many as the Germans and the French. The irony is that the much maligned Kaiser Wilhelm—a nut to be sure, but a silly nut—refused to believe a war would break out between his cousin George V and his other first cousin Nicky, who ended up murdered along with all his family by the reds in a cellar. An even bigger irony is that Germany did her utmost until the last second to avoid going to war.

Here it is nice and simple. Serbia is an Austrian dominion, or whatever you want to call it. She is part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Crown Prince Franz Ferdinand visits Sarajevo and is shot dead along with his wife by a Serb nationalist with close ties to other Serb nationalists in the armed forces. Austria is outraged and makes heavy demands, as well she should. This is stretching it, but let’s have some fun. What would Uncle Sam have done if, say, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton had been cut down by some extremist in Puerto Rico? Well, I for one would vacation in San Juan the next day, and I’d spend lots of money too, but then I am known to say and do rash things. So the Serbs ask the Russians for help and guarantees in case the Austrians march in, and the Russians give it. The trouble is that the Russkis have a treaty with the French and the British that if they go to war, the other two will follow. So the Austrians ask the Germans for a guarantee and the Germans refuse to give it.

This is the big lie historians have perpetrated since World War I. They’ve refused to acknowledge this fact.
According to most British writers, Germany pushed Austria to declare war on Russia and make war on Serbia. Germany in fact declared war on Russia once the silly Tsar had mobilized and sent hundreds of thousands of troops to its western front. (If a man’s about to punch you, you hit him first, which is why Germany declared war on Russia.)

Well, we all know the rest. Yes, the great powers sleepwalked into war, and war was declared while all foreign ministers involved were on holiday, the French one taking the waters in Vichy, the German getting married in Baden-Baden, the Englishman—and among the few desperate to keep Britain out—Sir Edward Grey somewhere up in Scotland, and all three monarchs on their respective yachts working on their gout. European civilization has never recovered. Russia in its drive to dismantle Turkey and have access to the Dardanelles wanted war with Turkey’s ally, Germany. France wanted war to avenge her 1870 drubbing by Germany that saw Prussian troops march down the Champs-Élysées. Britain, ever sneaky, wanted to limit German power and to surround her with hostile alliances. Serbia wanted to split the Austrian Empire. Germany had to stick with her brothers the Austrians and reluctantly went to war.

It is a very sad story, a great tragedy that didn’t fully end until 1945. The intervention of American troops saved the day for the imperialists, and the Treaty of Versailles and that awful man Wilson ensured that Germany would be put to the cross. Hitler was a direct result of the narrow-mindedness of the victorious allies, especially the frog Clemenceau. Oh yes, I almost forgot. Monsieur Caillaux went on to divorce his wife and marry Henriette. He lived until 1944, long enough to see the Germans marching down the Champs-Élysées daily.

http://takimag.com/article/world_war...#ixzz2qjPXapNH

Old January 18th, 2014 #2
M. Gerard

As I see it, both the World Wars were about sweeping away the Christian monarchies. As this article notes, the nobles were killed off.

CHRISTIAN Europe/white civilization never recovered.

Who benefited?

I actually have a 50s history book somewhere that notes that the Jews were the only ones who benefited from WWI, because they got the Balfour Declaration out of it.

Then, as I learned in school, "because of Hitler," Israel had to be created.

Last edited by M. Gerard; January 18th, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

Old January 18th, 2014 #3
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
I actually have a 50s history book somewhere that notes that the Jews were the only ones who benefited from WWI, because they got the Balfour Declaration out of it.
A definition of "modern war". Any war where the jew benefits to the exclusion of all other parties.

Old January 18th, 2014 #4
M. Gerard

And, I want to add, as the European Christian monarchies lost their power, Europe and European colonies either became communist or "democratic" - two Jewish-hatched political ideologies, according to some.

Old January 18th, 2014 #5
Serbian

A few points

Quote:
Here it is nice and simple. Serbia is an Austrian dominion, or whatever you want to call it. She is part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Is this guy for real? Serbia was not Austria's dominion and was not part of the Austrian Empire. Serb populated Bosnia was, as it had been annexed by the empire in 1878. You can spin it how you want but this annexation was the direct cause of WW1 as the majority of Bosnia's population at the time, Serbs and even Croats and Muslims, did not want to be ruled by foreigners and sought independence.

Quote:
Crown Prince Franz Ferdinand visits Sarajevo and is shot dead along with his wife by a Serb nationalist with close ties to other Serb nationalists in the armed forces. Austria is outraged and makes heavy demands, as well she should.
Princip was a Yugoslav nationalist who sought the unification of all southern Slavs into one big multi ethnic Yugoslav state, this is much different from real Serbian nationalism. During his trial he stated "I am a Yugoslav nationalist, aiming for the unification of all Yugoslavs, and I do not care what form of state, but it must be freed from Austria." There were also muslims and Croats in Mlada Bosna (Young Bosnia), the movement he belonged to.

With regards to ultimatum issued to Serbia which was just an excuse for plans which had already been drawn up long ago to invade the country, no one mentions why Austria failed to issue similar demands to Italy over Guglielmo Oberdan, who was an Italian irredentist, after his attempt to assassinate Austrian Emperor Francis Joseph. Oberdan become a martyr of the Italian unification movement.

more on him

He was born in the city of Trieste, then part of the Austrian Empire. His mother was a Slovene woman from Šempas in the County of Gorizia and Gradisca, while his father, Valentino Falcier, was a Venetian soldier in the Austrian army. He did not recognize his son, so Wilhelm took his mother's surname. He was educated in an Italian cultural milieu, embraced irredentist ideas and Italianized his name to "Guglielmo Oberdan". In 1877 he enrolled at the Vienna's College of Technology (now Vienna University of Technology) where he studied engineering. As he supported the idea of independence for all of the empire's national groups he resented the occupation of Bosnia-Herzegovina by Austria-Hungary and therefore deserted from the Austro-Hungarian Army because he did not want to take part in military activities there. Instead, he fled to Rome to continue his studies. In the Italian capital he adopted irredentist ideas, aiming at the annexation to Italy of the Italian lands still under the Austro-Hungarian rule. In 1882 he met with irredentist leader and co-founder Matteo Renato Imbriani. It was then that he came to the conviction that only radical acts of martyrdom could bring the liberation of Trieste from Austrian rule.

The assassination attempt[edit]

In the same year, Emperor Franz Joseph was planning a visit to Trieste as part of the celebration of the 500th anniversary of Habsburg dominion over the city. Although the city had earned itself the honorific title of urbs fidelissima ("most faithful city") for its non-participation in the revolutions of the 1840s, the city was nonetheless a hotbed for Italian irredentists. The ceremonies were accompanied by anti-Austrian demonstrations. At this opportunity, Oberdan and Istrian pharmacist Donato Ragosa plotted an assassination attempt on the Emperor. Oberdan's attempt failed. Oberdan was arrested and sentenced to hang by an Austrian court. Just before the execution, he cried "Viva l'Italia!" (Long live Italy!), which helped establish his later reputation as a martyr of the Italian National cause. Statues of him were erected in towns and cities throughout unified Italy. The subsequent assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914, and the revival of irredentism that followed, harked back to Oberdan's earlier attempt.

Quote:
What would Uncle Sam have done if, say, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton had been cut down by some extremist in Puerto Rico?

I don't see the act (murder of Franz Ferdinand) in itself as an extremist act, even though I view the motive which was pan slavic Yugoslavianism just as hostile to Serbian national interests as the AU Empire.

Quote:
Serbia wanted to split the Austrian Empire.
Wrong. Serbia basically gave in to all the demands of the July 1914 ultimatum except one, which was to give up its sovereignty and allow Austrian police to come into Serbia and conduct investigation and operations.

Serbs from Bosnia (in which there was no Austrian population btw) wanted freedom from the empire and to be allowed to join with Serbia, they didnt care about anything else.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old January 18th, 2014 #6
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
And, I want to add, as the European Christian monarchies lost their power, Europe and European colonies either became communist or "democratic" - two Jewish-hatched political ideologies, according to some.
All European Christian monarchies were degenerate, corrupt ,and in bed with the jews.

Old January 18th, 2014 #7
Serbian

Keep in mind that in 1876 Serbia went to war with Turkey and liberated Bosnia, yet some two years later at the Congress of Berlin Austria persuaded the great powers to give back Bosnia to Turkey, under Austria's 'protection'.

Austria would rather Turkey at its doorstep than an indepenmdent Serbian state, especially one with access to the sea, which is why they even created muslim Albania

Austro-Hungarian foreign minister Count Berchtold was determined to prevent Serbia from becoming a maritime state by creating an independent Albania (Muslim state in Europe)—and was apparently willing to resort to military means to achieve this goal. On November 28 1912 Albania declared independence with full support from Austria-Hungary.

Last edited by Serbian; January 18th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Old January 19th, 2014 #8
M. Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
All European Christian monarchies were degenerate, corrupt ,and in bed with the jews.
Yeah, well the Jews never stop, do they? And when the government falls and the people are mongrelized, the Jews are still standing. They planned it that way. That's the problem.

What I'm wondering is if these "Italians" mentioned weren't crypto-Jews.

Old January 20th, 2014 #9
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
Yeah, well the Jews never stop, do they? And when the government falls and the people are mongrelized, the Jews are still standing. They planned it that way. That's the problem.

What I'm wondering is if these "Italians" mentioned weren't crypto-Jews.

I don't know if they were jews, or the degree of jewish involvement in the Italian irredentism (whether to support or subvert it), that you would have to ask Italian members.

What I can tell you about Austrian administartion of Bosnia is that they installed a Hungarian jew named Benjamin Kalaj to govern it. Kalaj advocated for an artificial so called Bosnian identity/nationality for all three groups in the province (Serbs Muslims and Croats). This was done in order to attempt to suppress local Serbian and Croatian national aspirations and make Bosnia easier to govern. Of course Serbs and Croats opposed this artificial foreign imposition of 'Bosnian nationality' and 'language' on them, as they do to this day (this time the EU is the one attempting to impose it by centralizing everything). It should also be noted that even local muslims were not really on board with it early on as they only identified with their Islamic religion and Ottoman protectors, not with something new which they had never even heard of before, Bosnianisn lol!(of course today they fully accept and promote it as a way for them to gain control over all of Bosnia).

It can be said that today's Austrian administration/Ben Kalaj in Bosnia is the Zionist EU.

Old June 4th, 2014 #10
jannatul18

Sometimes the right history never told in proper way. Thank you for the post.

Old August 10th, 2014 #11
alex revision

On the right-hand side of U.S. president Woodrow Wilson is General John Pershing, Commander-in-Chief of the American Expeditionary Forces during World War One; a man who
wouldn't stand for false claims—such as giving poison sweets to children, cutting off a boy's ears, and feeding tuberculosis germs to U.S. PoWs—being made about the Germans

photo source

Seven months before the November 11, 1918, armistice that brought fighting to an end in the Great War, the U.S. government issued another batch of Liberty Loans, the third lot they'd issued during World War One. The American public were once again encouraged to do their patriotic duty and purchase the interest bearing bonds to support the war effort, and a huge publicity drive accompanied the launch, with celebrities and newspapers all reminding the citizenry of the need to bash the bosch. A group of U.S. soldiers on leave from the fighting in Europe—known as 'Pershing Veterans', after the American military chief—were also enlisted to promote Liberty Loans.

Rockford Morning Star (Rockford, IL), Thursday, May 2, 1918, p. 1.

One of the "Pershing veterans", a sergeant, was credited with having claimed before American audiences:
"The Germans gave poisoned candy to the children to eat and hand grenades to play with. They show glee at the children's dying writhings and laugh aloud when the grenades explode. I saw one American boy about 17 years old who had been captured by the Germans, come back to our trenches. He had cotton in and about his ears. I asked some one what the cotton was for. The Germans cut off his ears and sent him back to tell us they want to fight men, was his answer. They feed Americans tuberculosis germs."
Over in France, General Pershing got wind of this claim, and sent a telegram back home stating:
"As there is no foundation whatever for such statements based on any experience we have had, I recommend that this sergeant, if the statements quoted above were made by him, be immediately returned for duty here and that the statements be contradicted."

Old September 8th, 2014 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

Neocon Mythmongering About WW1
By Paul Gottfried
September 8, 2014

The success of neoconservative myth-mongering about World War One was brought home to me for the millionth time this weekend as I picked up our borough weekly The Elizabethtown Advocate. The feature article was supposedly by our Republican congressman, who represents Pennsylvania’s 16th District. Although I don’t want to speak ill of him, I can’t think of anything positive to say about Congressman Joe Pitts, other than the fact that he mails me a nice picture of his family, around Election Day. Like our US Senator Pat Toomey, Pitts is a paradigmatic Republican, who marches in lockstep with his party, particularly in foreign affairs. This now means first and always parroting the Murdoch media and sounding like the Weekly Standard and Victor Davis Hanson in speaking about twentieth century history.

In Pitts’s imagination “the First World War has lessons we can learn one-hundred years later.” Back before the War began, “there were many educated persons who believed that the major European powers had moved past the notion of using armies to settle conflicts” and “trade ties between all the major powers had blossomed.” But then suddenly a Teutonic bee appeared in the ointment: “While business leaders and the general public may have been unprepared for war, the leaders of Germany had been preparing for years. At a secret war council meeting in1912, Kaiser Wilhelm and his top commanders had concluded that was inevitable. They set about finding a way to swiftly deal a knockout blow to France and defeat Russia. They stockpiled materials and trained what became one of the finest fighting forces ever assembled.”

Allow me to note that I don’t think Pitts produced this garbled account of the antecedents of the Great War. It is too literate and sophisticated for anything that I associate with his persona. Presumably it came from the word processor of a congressional assistant who is steeped in neoconservative talking points. An attempt is made in this literary exercise, but never clearly developed, to link Wilhelm, Hitler and Putin in some kind of rogues’ gallery. But this is hardly original. It seems to be nothing more than a paraphrase of the latest invective of VDH or something that one could easily extract from any neocon publication mentioning the anniversary of the Great War. We are also told that the war unleashed by the Kaiser created such “horror” in the interwar period that the Allies allowed Hitler to run riot across Europe. This continuing fear of war and craving for material security are now producing what for Pitts or his ghost-writer is a new unwillingness to face international challenges.

As an historian of World War One, I continue to wonder what was the ominous meeting that the Kaiser and his General Staff held in 1912, in order to plan a European-wide war, for which they had been “stockpiling” weapons for decades. There were in fact multiple meetings that the General Staff held in 1911 and 1912 with and without Wilhelm and/or his ministers. The idea that there was one meeting in 1912 at which these decisions were reached is a fiction, as Gunter Spraul shows convincingly in Der Fischer Komplex. This charge arose among state-authorized historians in East Germany and then traveled by way of Fritz Fischer and his groupies to West Germany, where the fateful, invented meeting became a staple of the antifascist Left’s brief against their country. Joe Pitts’s imagined meeting then migrated to England where anti-German historians and strangely enough, Mrs. Thatcher picked it up and used it as evidence of an eternal German danger. Not at all surprisingly, the East German Communists abandoned the narrative by then, perhaps for being incompatible with the Marxist-Leninist interpretation that both sides were responsible for the First World War, which had been a struggle for world power among late capitalists.

What really happened is that the Kaiser, the Chief of the General Staff, Helmut von Moltke, and other German political actors were concerned that the French and the Russians were drafting far more soldiers than the Germans and their Austrian allies. There was no plan to launch a European-wide preventive war, unless, as Wilhelm pointed out, the “very existence in Germany hung in the balance.” We know there was a Schlieffen Plan, drafted in the 1890s and then periodically updated, that would allow the Germans to gain the upper hand in a two-front war, since they were in fact encircled by hostile Entente powers. But this was discussed as a last resort, and Moltke expressed the view, in a memorandum in December 1911, that his country should be careful to avoid risks, given the imbalance of forces between them and their enemies. That particular memorandum, according to Spraul, has usually been cited in a garbled form to make it appear that Moltke was actually advocating a preventive war against France and Russia. Significantly, the Jewish social democratic historian Arthur Rosenberg, who was by no means a hardened German nationalist, noted in 1929: “General von Moltke as the head of the military faction never desired any war. Whoever asserts the contrary, knows nothing about the weak character of the first chief of the German general staff, who shuddered at whatever responsibilities were thrust on him.”

In 1912, while the German government was supposedly planning a great war, its leaders sat by passively while the Serbs, Greeks, Romanians and Greeks made war on Germany’s ally Turkey, with Russian support. The Germans also sat on their hands while the Balkan belligerents stripped the Ottoman Empire of most of its European possessions. This situation was a provocation not only for Germany but even more for the Austro-Hungarian Empire, since it allowed a very unfriendly Serbia, in alliance with Russia, to expand in Southeastern Europe. One might ask Congressman Pitts’s ghost-writer why the Germans didn’t mobilize their armies and reach for their long stockpiled weapons to launch a war at that point. Oh, and lest I forget to mention the obvious, the anti-German side had been arming to the teeth for decades. The Germans were not alone in this practice and in fact lagged behind the other side in military manpower as the Guns of August went off.

Old September 8th, 2014 #13
Serbian

Quote:
In 1912, while the German government was supposedly planning a great war, its leaders sat by passively while the Serbs, Greeks, Romanians and Greeks made war on Germany’s ally Turkey, with Russian support. The Germans also sat on their hands while the Balkan belligerents stripped the Ottoman Empire of most of its European possessions. This situation was a provocation not only for Germany but even more for the Austro-Hungarian Empire, since it allowed a very unfriendly Serbia, in alliance with Russia, to expand in Southeastern Europe
And that's a bad thing? Throwing the Turks out of Europe.

Well now Turks are calling Germany home.

Old September 9th, 2014 #14
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

According to sources, Germany didn't even get closely allied with Turkey until 1913 and the start of WW1.

http://islamandthegreatwar.umwblogs....d-germany-bff/

For the record, after much reading and looking at various arguments I think the countries responsible for WW1 should be in the following:

1. Austro-Hungary (for expansion into Bosnia, unreasonable ultimatum to Serbia, and actually starting the first act of war)
2. Germany (for irresponsibly backing AH in the ultimatum, and invading Belgium)
3. Russia, for mobilising it's army when it was not directly threatened
4. I don't apportion much blame to the other countries - Serbia, UK, France

I don't agree that Serbia or Serbs had much responsibility for the war. Yes, an ethnic Serb assassinated Ferdinand, but there's little to no evidence the Serbian government was behind this. And I think AH just used this assassination to destroy Serbia, which it had long wanted to do.

The Serbs actually agreed to all the demands of AH's ultimatum except for a section of one point, which would allow AHian policemen authority to investigate in Serbia, what was seen as an unacceptable breach of sovereignty.

Old December 25th, 2015 #15
Ray Allan

Remembering the Christmas Truce of 1914

http://original.antiwar.com/kevin-ca...truce-of-1914/

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old November 12th, 2016 #17
Ray Allan

After surviving four years of that hell from 1914-18, it is understandable why Hitler worked so hard to avoid another brother's war which the evil jews forced upon White Europe once again.

Good footage of Hermann Goering as a young fighter pilot, too.

Old October 19th, 2017 #18
Robbie Key

Tarred and feathered, lynched in the street and locked up in internment camps: The tragic plight of Germans in AMERICA during the First World War
  • As Europe was ravaged by fighting, German immigrants in the US suffered harassment, internment, lynchings - and even the humiliation of being tarred and feathered
  • Although a little-remembered part of history today, America was completely wracked by the fear and paranoia that swept from coast to coast during the Great War
  • The United States declared war on Germany in April 1917 and helped lead the Allies to victory. But before that, many Americans were terrified of the German threat growing on the other side of the world
By HARVEY DAY FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 11:15 BST, 18 October 2017 | UPDATED: 14:27 BST, 18 October 2017

A fascinating collection of photos have resurfaced showing the hardships faced by German-Americans at the brutal height of the First World War.

As Europe was ravaged by fighting, German immigrants in the US suffered harassment, internment, lynchings - and even the humiliation of being tarred and feathered.

Although a little-remembered part of history today, America was wracked by the fear and paranoia that swept from coast to coast during the Great War.

The United States declared war on Germany in April 1917 and helped lead the Allies to victory. But before that, many Americans were terrified of the German threat growing on the other side of the world.

This collection of pictures reveals the full extent of war hysteria and open hostility towards all things German that erupted across the nation.

Read more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...World-War.html

Old October 21st, 2017 #19
littlefieldjohn

"WW1"'s "Hun Monster" is taught in high schools an example of of fake propaganda yet the kids are forced to accept as truth the mass gassings bullshit etc. of "WW2" which leads to the latest jew lies.

Old February 14th, 2018 #20
Ray Allan

Default WW1 Misconceptions

"The Great War"--good video series covering all aspects of World War 1 on its 100th anniversary.

Thread