VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 5th, 2011 #1561
Roy
Perception Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
I am going to stick my neck out and predict a hung jury. Some of the 11 women on the jury are going to believe in Cyndi who supports her husband. It did look horribly bad when Steele failed to take the stand. The Five Words don't apply to a full blooded lawyer.

The jury gets these instructions:

Quote:
ICJI 301 EFFECT OF DEFENDANT'S ELECTION NOT TO TESTIFY

INSTRUCTION NO. _______

A defendant in a criminal trial has a constitutional right not to be compelled to testify. The decision whether to testify is left to the defendant, acting with the advice and assistance of the defendant's lawyer. You must not draw any inference of guilt from the fact that the defendant does not testify, nor should this fact be discussed by you or enter into your deliberations in any way.
http://www.isc.idaho.gov/criminaljur...%20Testify.doc

Most lawyers will tell you it's a bad idea for a defendant to testify. The prosecution is trained to ask questions that will cast the defendant in a bad light whether he did anything wrong or not. Not testifying denies them this opportunity. Basic defence-lawyering 101.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1562
J3115

Edgar Steele Guilty In Murder-For-Hire Plot.

SPOKANE, Wash. -- A jury in Boise has found North Idaho attorney Edgar
Steele guilty in a murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife and
mother-in-law.

http://www.kxly.com/news/27789695/detail.html

Old May 5th, 2011 #1563
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Crystal Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
‎"The jury 11 WOMEN and 1 man convicted Edgar Steele on all four counts against him ..."

It was stacked against him. He never had a chance. They clearly did everything possible to keep White, thinking men off the jury.

And if anyone saw a hung jury with 11 women (who likely worship nigger Oprah) on it that person has no clue about women, juries, or the Jewdicial system in America today.
I will admit that I was a fool to use a crystal ball that was made in China. I couldn't find one that was made in America at Walmart.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1564
John Liberty

This is a message to any high profile WN activists, "you could be next for a turn in the ADL star chamber". Doesn't matter if your innocent because all WN's are automatically guilty now.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1565
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Judenpresse Update on Verdict

The racist message board referred to here is our beloved VNN Forum.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ty-all-counts/

May 5, 2011 in News, Idaho
Edgar Steele guilty on all counts
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

BOISE — A North Idaho lawyer accused of plotting to blow up his wife failed to convince a federal jury Thursday that he was the victim of a government conspiracy to silence him.

The jury of 11 women and 1 man convicted Edgar Steele on all four counts, which alleged he’d hired a hitman-turned-FBI-informant to kill his wife, Cyndi Steele, and mother-in-law. Federal agents foiled the plan, though a pipe bomb later was found attached to Cyndi Steele’s sport utility vehicle.

Cyndi Steele, however, stood by her husband throughout the case.

“He’s innocent,” an emotional Cyndi Steele said after the verdict was read. “He did not do this, and we have the proof, which was denied in the courtroom.”

The Steeles contend secret FBI recordings of Edgar Steele plotting the would-be murder with the family’s handyman, Larry Fairfax, were fabricated. But an audio expert that Steele had hired to question the authenticity of the recordings was unavailable to testify because he reportedly was vacationing in Bora Bora.

Defense lawyer Robert McAllister said he expects Steele will appeal.

Jurors began deliberating Wednesday afternoon following a week and a half of testimony.

Steele, a self-described “attorney for the damned” who gained notoriety in 2000 for his defense of the Aryan Nations against a civil lawsuit that bankrupted the racist organization, will be sentenced Aug. 22 in Coeur d’Alene.

Cyndi Steele said Thursday that her husband believes everyone is entitled to legal representation and had agreed to represent the Aryan Nations’ founder, Richard Butler, against the lawsuit, not the racist group itself. She said her husband disagreed with some of Butler’s positions but supported his right to legal representation, and has paid a heavy price over the years for that commitment.

Edgar Steele also had hosted a webcast that was popular among white supremacists, and is regularly cited on racist Internet message boards.

From the beginning, Steele and his supporters accused the government of targeting him because of his willingness to provide legal representation for unpopular individuals.

But U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson said Thursday that before being advised by Larry Fairfax last year that he’d been hired to kill Cyndi Steele, none of the agents or prosecutors assigned to the case had even heard of Steele.

“Edgar Steele chose to target himself when he offered money to Larry Fairfax for the murder of his wife,” Olson said outside the courtroom.

The case was moved to Boise after the trial was delayed March 7 at the last minute in Coeur d’Alene.

Steele’s supporters are critical of prosecutors for going easy on Fairfax, who failed to tell agents he’d already planted a pipe bomb on Cyndi Steele’s vehicle when he advised them of the murder-for-hire plot.

Fairfax was arrested June 15 after Coeur d’Alene auto shop workers found the pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele’s car. Fairfax pleaded guilty last October to two federal weapons charges and is to be sentenced after Steele’s trial.

Prosecutors say Steele wanted his wife killed so he could pursue a relationship with a 25-year-old Ukrainian woman.

Steele sent more than 14,000 messages to the woman and others whom he met through an online dating website. His wife and other supporters said the communication was part of his research into Russian mail order brides.

In the secret FBI recordings, Steele discussed planned alibis for the day his wife is to be killed. Before his arrest, investigators told Steele his wife was dead to observe his reaction and see if he brought up the proposed alibis.

Police described Steele’s reaction as flat and forced until they told him he was under arrest for murder for hire and a fecal odor filled the air.

“I would submit that his body reacted and told more truth than his mouth did,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Marc Haws said in his closing argument Wednesday.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1566
SmokyMtn
Banned

Quote:
Cyndi Steele — who was allowed to hear the doctored recordings early on in the framing of her husband in hopes that she would be deceived by them — has long stated that the audio quality on the recordings changes abruptly and dramatically whenever her husband begins to discuss the alleged plot. When she heard the alleged recordings played back in court, however, she was in for a further shock.

As she puts it: “What is even more outrageous now is that the tapes that they played for the jury in the courtroom this week have been altered, because they are not the same recordings the FBI played for me on June 12, 2010, nor the tapes sent to the attorneys that I again listened to on March 7th. It is as if they used the info from the reports of our experts to make the changes to cover up the falsified tapes our experts analyzed.”
http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/2011...nvicts-steele/

Old May 5th, 2011 #1567
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry A More Important Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
This is a message to any high profile WN activists, "you could be next for a turn in the ADL star chamber". Doesn't matter if your innocent because all WN's are automatically guilty now.
A more important message is that we were all scammed from the start by the claim that Steele had been framed. He was crazy as a shithouse rat after his aneurysm surgery. Now when one of us is really framed, no one will believe us. It was proven beyond a doubt many times to me, but the best proof was that he didn't testify in his own defense.

It is now clear that the only possible successful defense strategy was a not guilty by insanity defense. My previous recommendation of an entrapment defense would not have worked. Fairfax was too stupid to entrap anyone. The government doesn't have the capability of writing a script for a mimic anywhere near as good as the one on the tapes. The rebuttal about the train whistle was a good shot by the prosecutor.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1568
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry The Dog Ate His Homework

I don't have time to go into the dozens of times that Steele claims that the dog ate his homework. The least that he could have done is get on the stand and provide a bit of proof about how the dog pulled it off. Now his scum sucking lawyers will pocket the last bit of money remaining from his defense fund on the appeals. When Steele and his family is penniless, the matter will be finished.

This ending will be just like the Chester Doles case. As Terrible Tommie told me on the phone years ago, money should be given to the family not squandered on lawyers. Many of the posters here can't face the reality that it is virtually certain that Steele did everything EXACTLY like the government says that he did. A first year law student could have prosecuted this case.

We have to face the fact that Steele has fallen thru no fault of his own and not even from enemy action. Blame his scum sucking lawyers for this entire mess. He would have been no worse off with his public defender and his supporters would not have wasted $108,000 of their money. He would have been out of jail and in country club Federal prison several months ago.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1569
TommyJ
Banned

Whatever the case, I hope this:

That there be no hole deep enough or dark enough for that scum Fairfax to hide in. And that he's goes about the rest of his cursed life a marked man, always in fear of turning the next corner, or being approached by another White man. That his fears grow and fester to a point where he himself is his own worst enemy, choosing to end it all before it ends him.

Ut vos intereo sus ut vos es

Old May 5th, 2011 #1570
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More Judenpresse on Verdict

This link was posted earlier but the story should have been posted in full. My position is that there was more than enough circumstantial evidence to convict Steele even if the recordings had not been admitted. They were merely icing on the cake. America First is correct, Fairfax is quite the Whigger for stealing the silver and not seeing to it that Steele got the medical help that he needed . Burying him under the jail is way too kind of a fate. It is overlooked here that if the Jew Jim Maher and Fairfax are FIRST cousins, that Fairfax would be half Jew.
========
http://www.kxly.com/news/27789695/detail.html

Edgar Steele Guilty In Murder-For-Hire Plot
Posted: 11:15 am PDT May 5, 2011
Updated: 11:53 am PDT May 5, 2011

SPOKANE, Wash. -- A jury in Boise has found North Idaho attorney Edgar Steele guilty in a murder-for-hire plot to kill his wife and mother-in-law.
The jury found Steele guilty on all four charges. At sentencing he now faces more than 30 years in prison.
The panel of 11 women and 1 man were tasked with deciding whether or not Steele was guilty of hiring Larry Fairfax to kill his wife Cyndi and his mother-in-law.
Steele has represented unpopular clients in the past, including the white supremacist group the Aryan Nations. His supporters maintain he's been framed by the government, partly because he represented the group.
However federal prosecutors say Steele hired Fairfax to kill his wife Cyndi and her mother because he wanted insurance money and he wanted to be free to pursue another woman.
On the witness stand Fairfax told federal investigators about the alleged plot and testified against Edgar Steele in Boise's U.S. District Court.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1571
SmokyMtn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJ View Post

That there be no hole deep enough or dark enough for that scum Fairfax to hide in. And that he's goes about the rest of his cursed life a marked man, always in fear of turning the next corner, or being approached by another White man. That his fears grow and fester to a point where he himself is his own worst enemy, choosing to end it all before it ends him.

Larry Fairfax

Old May 5th, 2011 #1572
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Fairfax Will Get His Due

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJ View Post

Fairfax was not very smart to call for artwork in his book that shows one of his logging trucks running over an Aryan Brotherhood member. He may run across one of them in prison. He was quite an embarrassment to the Feds for not telling them about the pipe bomb under Cyndi's truck. He will share Steele's fate or worse.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1573
SmokyMtn
Banned

Cyndi Steel's press conference after the trial.

Video here:
http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/2011...s-to-fight-on/

Old May 5th, 2011 #1574
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
Like everyone else here, I hope, I'm not involved in any criminal activity and don't spend time with criminals or shady people. Additionally, I record all conversations whether on the phone or in person.

Last edited by OTPTT; May 5th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1575
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Big Brother is Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
Like everyone else here, I hope, I'm not involved in any criminal activity and don't spend time with criminals or shady people. Additionally, I record all conversations whether on the phone or in person.
I presume that all of my phone conversations are recorded and all of my emails are read by the Famous But Incompetent. I also presume that bugs are present everywhere that I go unless I have carefully and RECENTLY swept the premises.

"Silence is a friend who will never betray you."-Sicilian Proverb

I have nothing to say.
The Five Words
(From Terrible Tommie)

Old May 5th, 2011 #1576
SmokyMtn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtn View Post
Cyndi Steel's press conference after the trial.

Video here:
http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/2011...s-to-fight-on/
If anyone have not seen this video, take a few minutes to watch it.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1577
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry World Class Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtn View Post
If anyone have not seen this video, take a few minutes to watch it.
It is too bad that Steele's incompetent lawyers were not in Cyndi's class. The press conference at http://www.kevinalfredstrom.com/2011...ws-to-fight-on made me want to cry. This was a horrible tragedy for the entire Steele family and is no one's fault except Fairfax. This does not justify the incompetence shown by both the Federal public defender and Steele's Johnny Come Lately lawyers. They only showed up eight months later when there was $108,000 of Patriot's money to pocket. There is no excuse for the so called defense expert being on vacation in Bora Bora.

Why Steele didn't take over and testify in his own defense is a mystery to me. A previous poster correctly pointed out that the jury is instructed not to penalize a defendant who does not testify. We all know that they use that in their minds to convict just such a defendant.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1578
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Judenpresse on Cyndi's Press Conference

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Edgar...121338139.html

Edgar Steele guilty in murder-for-hire plot

by Associated Press
KREM.com
Posted on May 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Updated today at 4:24 PM

BOISE, Idaho -- A murder-for-hire trial comes to an emotional end. A federal jury convicted Edgar Steele on Thursday of plotting to kill his wife and mother-in-law. But Steele's wife vows to set the record straight. The Boise jury found Edgar Steele guilty on all four counts.

The trial was moved to Boise for fairness at the request of the defense. Despite those efforts, Cyndi Steele said her husband's trial was some kind of federal government conspiracy. "They took our life and turned it into an ugly story, it is farthest from the truth," said Cyndi.

The story began when a mechanic found a pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele's car. Investigators said a hired hand, Larry Fairfax, planted the bomb at the request of her husband, Edgar Steele.

"I am the wife, the proud wife of Edgar J. Steele, and I am here to tell you that this is a cover-up, a frame-up to cover-up Larry Fairfax's crime against me," said Cyndi.

The defense argued Fairfax planted the bomb to cover-up a theft of silver coins. But the jury didn't buy it. Fairfax eventually took a plea deal with prosecutors. A large portion of the FBI's case rested on taped recording. Investigators said it was Steele and Fairfax discussing the murder plot.
"It was the court system that would not allow our expert that knows that those tapes are falsified, which I could hear. But they don't want to allow it in because they don't want to hear the truth," argued Cyndi.

The audio expert the defense wanted was on vacation. Several key players did testify including Fairfax and Cyndi Steele. Edgar Steele never took the stand. "This is not the end because I will fight and support him. And no, I don't have Stockholm syndrome because that is a line nobody would cross with me. Because this is my life at stake and I was never in any danger from my husband," vowed Cyndi.

Prosecutors said the motive for Steele's attempted murder of his wife was simple jealousy. The allege Cyndi had a boyfriend which enraged Edgar and that he had a Ukrainian love interest. The plot to kill Cyndi would free him and allow for a large collection of insurance money. Cyndi maintains this is all a conspiracy against her husband because he defended the Aryan Nations.

Old May 5th, 2011 #1579
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Judenpresse on Appeal

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7lgama3M_Q3DvA

Idaho lawyer found guilty in wife's murder plot
(AP) – 5 hours ago

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A northern Idaho attorney who once represented the Aryan Nations was found guilty Thursday on all counts tied to his plot to hire a hit man to kill his wife and mother-in-law last year. The verdict prompted the woman who is both Edgar Steele's alleged victim and staunchest supporter — wife Cyndi — to angrily decry the federal government and vow to immediately start work on an appeal. "This is the most devastating thing I have ever had happen in my life," she said outside Boise's U.S. District Court, shaking and crying.

The federal jury of 11 women and one man deliberated for fewer than eight hours before finding Steele guilty of use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission for murder for hire, possession of a destructive device in relation to a crime of violence and tampering with a victim. He faces at least 30 years and up to life in prison when he is sentenced on Aug. 22.

During the trial, federal prosecutors played recordings that they said contained the voices of Steele and Larry Fairfax, the man Steele was accused of offering $25,000 in exchange for the murders. Prosecutors said Steele wanted the women dead so he could collect on their life insurance policies and be free to pursue a relationship with a woman from Ukraine.

Neither his wife nor his mother-in-law were harmed, but employees of an auto shop found a pipe bomb strapped underneath Cyndi Steele's car.
Prosecutors said Fairfax tipped off federal investigators about the scheme.
Steele's defense attorneys, along with his supporters, maintained the audio recordings were fakes.

His attorney, Gary Amendola, said an appeal was imminent. He complained about pretrial rulings made by U.S. District Judge Lynn Winmill that Amendola claimed prevented testimony about the authenticity of the recordings from a critical expert witness and a full and effective defense.

One audio expert that Steele's defense team had hired wasn't available to testify during the trial because he was reportedly vacationing in Bora Bora. The defense team opted not to have him subpoenaed, which would have required the expert to appear in court.

Steele had a large circle of advocates who argued his innocence on Internet blogs and YouTube videos. During the seven-day trial, the courtroom was full of Steele supporters. When U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill asked Steele to stand to hear the verdict, his wife and daughter Kelsey Steele stood as well.

U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson said that she and the other federal prosecutors on the case extend their sympathy and empathy to Cyndi Steele and her family. Olson also stressed that there was no government conspiracy targeting Edgar Steele, as the family has claimed.

She said none of the investigators and prosecutors who worked the case had ever even heard of Steele before Fairfax walked into a northern Idaho FBI office to report the murder plot. "Edgar Steele chose to target himself when he offered money to Larry Fairfax for the murder of his wife," Olson said.

Steele is well known in anti-Semitic and white supremacist circles as the attorney who defended Aryan Nations leader Richard Butler in a lawsuit brought by the Southern Poverty Law Center 11 years ago. The center brought the case on behalf of two people who claimed they were attacked by Aryan Nations security guards; Steele lost the case, and the white supremacist group was bankrupted by the $6.3 million damages awarded to the victims.

In the years since that case, Steele has made speeches at white supremacist events and launched the website ConspiracyPenPal.com, where he published his views. He also wrote a book titled "Defensive Racism: An Unapologetic Examination of Racial Differences."

Rebecca Boone can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/boiseboone

Old May 5th, 2011 #1580
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Prosecutors Press Conference

http://www.krem.com/video/featured-v...121348299.html

The prosecutor effectively admitted that past cases exist of defendants being framed but denies that Steele was framed. She points out that Idaho state law officers were extensively involved. She also claims that no one in her department had ever heard of Steele before Fairfax came to them. According to her the recorder can only be turned on or off by a special code which was unknown to Fairfax.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread