- hosts with better knowledge than average talk hosts
- refusal to obey Semitically Correct taboos
- infrequent commercial interruptions
- archives arranged chronologically with show notes for easy reference

Old August 20th, 2007 #2
Francis Playfair
W.N.F

Default Taking VNNB to jewsmedia professional level - and beyond

Taking VNNB to jewsmedia professional level - and beyond?

Get other stations to carry it, online and offline.

There's a million internet sites, and a million local radio stations, who would carry a broadcast if it was tightly scheduled, and high quality.

I'll be blunt, we have a web-broadcast on our forum, it runs 24/7, we're always looking for new hosts and/or content, so if there were good shows being done here, at fixed scheduled hours, we'd be interested in carrying them, and I'm sure plenty of others would too, but when (as has happened a few times lately) it's all domestic drama (Mashers nutsack?) then our audience would not only not want to hear, but wouldn't have a clue what it was about anyway.

I mean imagine turning on CNN in the morning to find a show hosted by Heidi Collins, talking about Tony Harris's nutsack, and how he left her a rude message in her dressing room, or hearing him whine he doesn't like the pants she's wearing.

It might get a big audience, for a brief while, whilst people rubbernecked the train wreck of a broadcast, but news show it wouldn't be.

There's some good broadcasters here, and some good shows, but people need to take it to the next level, and part of that is increasing the audience, and getting the show broadcast on other sites, and other stations (which is a good way of spreading the message, without raping the bandwidth), and to do that people have to remember they are broadcasting to the masses, not just to the people on the forum.

At it's peak the ADV attracted over 250,000 listeners a show, and that ain't so many years ago, so the audience is out there.

Old August 20th, 2007 #3
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Well that would mean money.....something no one has or at least is not willing to put up much of. So until then everyone can just suck it up and listen to the occasional story of someones nut sack and find the good material in between the fights and comedy (Not that comedy isn't good material).

Before we can even consider doing anything of professional value we need all the closet racists to get up off their asses and do some sort of activism in the 1st place. out of the thousands of WN's out there only dozens are even active in confronting the Jew.

My point? DO SOMETHING....Broadcast, direct mailings, video, audio, build a website.

PF

Old August 20th, 2007 #4
elbwgreez

Some ideas:

Live broadcasting is not necessary all or even most of the day. That's why CNN ends up being so ridiculous - reporting on the smallest and most insignificant things. They have too much time to fill and not enough real news.

Tightly edited audio pieces or prerecorded interviews could fill out the schedule, adding variety to the channel.

Concise news bumpers could be played at the top of the hour like AM radio or NPR - the top stories from an Aryan perspective. Usually only one or two of these need be produced per day.

Specialized shows (like Aryan versions of Money Talk, Siskel and Ebert, This Old House, or any number of other topics).

Podcasts/mp3s are as important as live broadcasts and should be advertised regularly on the channel (i.e. go to this website to download these mp3s in a searchable database).

Easily accessible broadcasting schedule.

Old August 20th, 2007 #5
Francis Playfair
W.N.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust;
Well that would mean money.....
No, it takes good material.

Good material sells, good material attracts money.

Quote:
My point? DO SOMETHING....Broadcast
Do it already, my first broadcast was... about 10 years ago, I don't currently have my own show, but we have a station on our site

Quote:
direct mailings
Been doing that for decades too...

Quote:
video
Started doing that one in the 80's

Quote:
audio
and that...

Quote:
build a website
Manage, work on, and/or host over 30 at present (also helped design a few elements for this site )

My point? A lot of people do stuff, many might not make a big show about it, but they do stuff, hundreds of them, possibly even thousands, on a regular basis.

What we have to do is take that to the next level, and that's not just about money that's about ourselves as well.

I can stick up two sites tomorrow, at identical costs, one a piece of shit I put no effort into, and one a labor of love, which ones going to attract the visitors and funding?

We're never going to get other stations, or sites, to carry broadcasts while we tell them they can just suck it up, and likewise the money won't come until we show we're worth the funding.

We can't raise sufficient funds to make a difference internally, we can only achieve it by reaching beyond where we are now.

Old August 20th, 2007 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
Well that would mean money.....something no one has or at least is not willing to put up much of. So until then everyone can just suck it up and listen to the occasional story of someones nut sack and find the good material in between the fights and comedy (Not that comedy isn't good material).
Money's not the problem, quality is the problem. It doesn't cost anything to do, for example, a first-rate interview with someone, or a first-rate analysis. Doesn't have to be live either.

Even nutsack stuff isn't necessarily bad; jew Stern does nutsack materal. Can you do better nutsack material than jew Stern is the question.

One thing about radio: we have proven demand for it. The same is not true of our newspaper. There is a little interest but not much. Given radio can be produced for under 100/month, it's clear where our efforts ought to go.

Old August 20th, 2007 #7
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Playfair View Post
No, it takes good material.

Good material sells, good material attracts money.

Do it already, my first broadcast was... about 10 years ago, I don't currently have my own show, but we have a station on our site

Been doing that for decades too...

Started doing that one in the 80's

and that...

Manage, work on, and/or host over 30 at present (also helped design a few elements for this site )

My point? A lot of people do stuff, many might not make a big show about it, but they do stuff, hundreds of them, possibly even thousands, on a regular basis.

What we have to do is take that to the next level, and that's not just about money that's about ourselves as well.

I can stick up two sites tomorrow, at identical costs, one a piece of shit I put no effort into, and one a labor of love, which ones going to attract the visitors and funding?

We're never going to get other stations, or sites, to carry broadcasts while we tell them they can just suck it up, and likewise the money won't come until we show we're worth the funding.

We can't raise sufficient funds to make a difference internally, we can only achieve it by reaching beyond where we are now.

Sounds like you are one of the few dozen whites who makes an effort. Congrats and keep it up!

Old August 20th, 2007 #8
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Money's not the problem, quality is the problem. It doesn't cost anything to do, for example, a first-rate interview with someone, or a first-rate analysis. Doesn't have to be live either.

Even nutsack stuff isn't necessarily bad; jew Stern does nutsack materal. Can you do better nutsack material than jew Stern is the question.

One thing about radio: we have proven demand for it. The same is not true of our newspaper. There is a little interest but not much. Given radio can be produced for under 100/month, it's clear where our efforts ought to go.

I realize that we don't NEED lots of money to get it done but our sound quality is less than perfect, our broadcast server takes a big dump on a consistent basis, and all the broadcasters have work for 10-15 hours a day and can't be up to their true potential because of it.

never the less we are making it happen slowly but surely and in one way or another it will grow.....But with a good budget we could make it explode like an atom bomb.

I know as long as I can have a broadband connection I will make my voice heard.

Old August 20th, 2007 #9
Francis Playfair
W.N.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust;
And as long as you do it will be appreciated.

As I said in my first post there's a lot of good broadcasts, and I'm sure any criticisms are meant as constructive, and no way meant to detract from the good work already done.

Old August 20th, 2007 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
I realize that we don't NEED lots of money to get it done but our sound quality is less than perfect, our broadcast server takes a big dump on a consistent basis, and all the broadcasters have work for 10-15 hours a day and can't be up to their true potential because of it.

never the less we are making it happen slowly but surely and in one way or another it will grow.....But with a good budget we could make it explode like an atom bomb.

The sound quality is not a big issue, at least not with the audience. Bigger right now is getting the callers on/off without the tech problems and "turn down your feed." The server is working reasonably well except for Sundays, for whatever reason.

I'm going to produce my first show tomorrow afternoon barring unexpected problems.

What we need first and last is stuff that people want to hear. That drives the rest.

Old August 20th, 2007 #11
Alex Linder
Administrator

Those with limited time - why not try to create a perfect 1/2 hour show on something topical. Do your own ADV. That's what Geoff Beck did, there's demand for that, even if it's not as good as Pierce could have done. With live radio, have an agenda. You don't have to just bullshit and nostalgize, you can have a story agenda with specific points to make in reference to each one. That still leaves room for humor. That's pretty much how goyfire works - a format with room to breathe.

If someone were looking to back the creation of a full-scale network, what would interest them? The quality of the hosts and their guests and talk. That's the part that money can't buy, the part that matters most. If the quality is there, some level of money will follow.

Old August 20th, 2007 #12
Bill Marr
Banned

Start off with investing in a quality microphone, FTL's sound quailty is worse than can be had with two tin cans and a string.

I cant take more than 2 min listening to it.

Old August 20th, 2007 #13
Francis Playfair
W.N.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marr;
Start off with investing in a quality microphone, FTL's sound quailty is worse than can be had with two tin cans and a string.

I cant take more than 2 min listening to it.
You're missing the point, the point is that the quality of the broadcast is the most important part, not the tech specification.

Obviously the better the specification of the technical equipment the better, but it's the content that sells.

When a person looks through their TV guide, or picks a movie to watch, what criteria do they use?

Do they sit there saying movie A cost $20million to make, movie B $50 million, and movie C $200million, so therefore they will go see movie C, or are they more interested in the entertainment value?

The audience wants the most entertaining, or most informative show they can get, put on by the best hosts available.

That's what sells!

If someone stumbled on this site, with $20,000 burning a hole in their back pocket their not going to say, wow, they have a way cool mic, I think I'll invest my money here, they are only going to invest if the content and quality of the show is right.

A talented broadcaster will attract funding, and end up with the best equipment, but a quality mic will never get a promotion.

Old August 20th, 2007 #14
Wagner

Quote:
What we need first and last is stuff that people want to hear. That drives the rest.
VNN has a lot of things people would want to hear. Case in point is GoyFire, it provides timely social and political commentary that you just can't hear anywhere else, and it is funny as hell. A nightly 1 hour GoyFire would get a lot of listeners, or a biweekly GoyFire that could be cut up in segments to play over the week.

Look at the other shows out in the patriotard community like you will find on RBN or Alex Jones' network. A lot of the shows are pure crap, but they are produced pretty well and people even put up with the nonstop hocking of gold, miracle cures, etc.

If we could provide people with intelligent, witty, and humorous shows that informs (i.e. calls a jew a jew) and entertains (i.e. says jews smell and look funny) then people will flock to it. All we have to do is get the word out through some sort of clever gorilla marketing.

I don't have a radio voice but I'm going to starting practicing and see if I can put together a short program that might provide a little cannon fodder.

-Wagner

Old September 5th, 2007 #15
Dietrich
out surfing. won't be back

There's a lot to be said for tighter scheduling.

These are things that I think we should include in every single live broadcast:

I think it should be a given that each show plugs the previous live show during the opening segment, and the next live show during the closing segment.

Every show should also make a short appeal for monetary support. "If you like what you hear, support us by sending your shekels to: A. Linder, etc etc."

We should also never forget to mention the archives, along with the media index w/ the podcasts. I desperately want to see more people subscribing to the podcasts. It sucks because it's hard to get people to try it, but a very high percentage of people can't imagine living w/o them once they do.

Quote:
Ideas:

- no extended show intros

Could you clarify here? I don't understand what this means.

Old September 7th, 2007 #16
Dietrich

the f-bomb has *got* to go. de-rails the whole thing.

Also, when we have tech issues, say, someone can't hear, move on. Have them reboot, or make a Skype Test Call and figure it out. When they reboot and call back in w/ things working, don't spend more than .5 seconds on talking about the problem. Drive straight forward.

Old September 8th, 2007 #17
Gibson

Two main things could be improved: sound quality, and education value.

If the sound is too badly distorted, as some FTLs are, it's just too uncomfortable to listen to, so I fast forward and maybe miss something that should have been important or interesting. Okay, some people listen to all of it, no matter how shitty it sounds, but some people are like me, and skip over half of it.

The main problem with sound quality seems to be in the encoding for the link to shoutcast. Some hosts get it right, but most make it much too loud so the signal gets clipped. For example, here's Stan Sikorski, who always sounds good

Here's a clip from another recent broadcast, which sounded so bad I couldn't listen to it

When the signal gets limited at the top and bottom of the chart like that, it causes massive clipping distortion (crackling, hissing noises). If you want to improve sound quality, ask Stan what he does (what software, software settings, type of mic, how he uses the mic, etc), and do the same.

Then there's education value. Most people have a job, a family and a life, and don't have time to listen to 6 hours of Linder Radio, so if there's something important in the 5th hour, not many people are going to hear it. If you want to educate people about jews, it would be better to have a well planned and focussed talk lasting one hour at the most. Think of it like a college lecture, or use The Teaching Company as a model. If you want to do a little education with 6 hours of "My Favourite Music", make that a separate show.

Just my $0.02

Old September 8th, 2007 #18
jackumup

I think Bud White is doing a terrific job, Mark in calli is making great contributions to the show and I believe it will naturally improve as they get more comfortable with talking on air.

Who the fuck says israel has a right to exist

"Name the jew" -Bud White

Old September 23rd, 2007 #19
Jesse Cheney

I,myself have a love/hate relationship with FTL Broadcasts. I listen to alot of different podcasts from different sites and my favorite is VNN. Stan &Yankee Jim ,plus Bud& Mark are the best. They get their point across without being so phony professional. Those guys may not get to report everything that they planned, on their shows, but get the message across and their shows sound genuine and not planned out.

My hate relationship is with the technical problems. Alot of the other podcasts I listen to, from other sites are 1000% better and these other shows don't have anymore money or technical brilliance than VNN. Example is one guy who talks about gun rights. He is an Auto Worker and does his own show when he has time,by himself. The bad tech problems from VNN involve the feed clipping(skipping), mic volume set to high causing distortion or the feed sounding like it's being broadcast under water.Sometimes I had to stop listening because I didn't understand what was being said.
It would be great to have broadcasts everyday even if they were only 1/2, 1 , or 2 hours.
VNN is a great web site I spend most of my time on daily. Keep up the good work.

Old September 23rd, 2007 #20
Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Cheney View Post
He is an Auto Worker and does his own show when he has time,by himself. The bad tech problems from VNN involve the feed clipping(skipping), mic volume set to high causing distortion or the feed sounding like it's being broadcast under water.Sometimes I had to stop listening because I didn't understand what was being said.

Understood, but look at the differences: We're usually more than one person, and we're live. These two main differences introduce the problems you hear. One guy with a mic recording an mp3 can get a signal that's only limited by his equipment. His signal goes from his mic to the computer, and that's it.

A typical FTL signal goes from the mic to the computer, through skype, across the country over IP, processed by the host's skype, then upstreamed to the shoutcast server.

As always, we're looking for ways to do it better, and that means we need a better VOIP system than Skype. I've looked into it and haven't found one. I was pressed for time when researching though, so I'm open to suggestions.

OTOH, we still have guys who use mics that pick up every sound in the room, and it sounds horrible.

Thread