Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 9th, 2013 #1
Cora McGuire

Default Mormon church wants you to know it's full of niggers and racemixing now!

Was watching a health-news segment from FOXNEWS, and this travesty was the ad playing before it started:

Quote:
About Me
I have been entertaining audiences worldwide for over 15 years. I was born and raised in London, England,and has had hits in over 15 countries, selling over half a million Cd's and have performed alongside such groups as Bryan Adams, George Michael, Simon Garfunkel,MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, N'SYNC, Jay-Z, The Backstreet Boys, Jordyn Sparks,Dancing with the stars winner Derek Huff Missy Elliott, Mary. J.Blige, David Archuleta, and The smashing Pumpkins to name a few. I have been an Lds missionary for 2 years in England Bristol, and shortly after that chose to go into music as a career, so i could use my music to influence and inspire people for good I have performed in many notable venues across the nation including the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. In acting, i have played a walk in role in CBS's hit sitcom ' How i met your mother. I have also had music featured in several movie Soundtracks including Charly, The Dance, Baptist at the Barbecue,Suits on the Loose, and Church ball. I simply refer to myself as the "Token Black Guy in Utah" Well there us 3 of us, but i claim it! I love to laugh. Some of the highlights in my life have been giving a book of Mormon to Prince Charles, joining the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and marrying my beautiful hot wife Julie. I have recorded two solo songs on the New Tabernacle Choir CD "Come Thou Fount" Which has garnered rave reviews reached #1 in the Billboard Classical Charts. I have performed 2 songs on the Mormon Tabernacle choirs' sold out Midwest tour.

Why I am a Mormon
I am Mormon, because i have finally found something that i believe in that has given me a vision of how i should live my life successfully, happily and in the most purposeful and fulfilling way. God can take ordinary people and put them in extraordinary situations, and can bless us all in ways we cannot comprehend. In order for that to happen, from my own experience I tell people that we need to let go of our E-G-Os ( Edge God Out.) That seems to be the reason for almost every problem we face in day-to day living..... We cannot survive in this world without Gods influence in our lives.

Personal Stories
Please share your feelings/testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel.
There are many people, religions and Faiths in the world that have given accounts of the Savior visiting Prophets on the earth but i have never read or heard any accounts of a man being visited by both GOD AND JESUS CHRIST,Which is what happened to Joseph Smith The implications to this is POWERFUL!! The message was so important that Christ brought His Father with him!! I invite all who have inquiring minds to learn more about these events that lead to the return of Christ's true Church. ....and let it change your life like it has mine!!

How I live my faith
I Live my faith one day at a time, and i wear it on my sleeve. I am an open book and filter my whole life through the things i believe. If it is good, and uplifting, i will do it, if it is destructive and brings me down or people around me, then i wont' do it. This comes from the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and has made ALL the difference in my life!!
http://mormon.org/alex

Old December 12th, 2013 #2
Cora McGuire

Just saw this via OD:
Quote:
Mormon church traces black priesthood ban to Brigham Young

Religion » Black LDS praise the move; historian calls it another step in the “maturation” of the Utah-based faith.
By Peggy Fletcher Stack | The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Dec 09 2013 01:18 pm • Last Updated Dec 10 2013 07:43 am

In the past, the LDS Church has said history isn’t clear on why blacks were banned from its all-male priesthood for more than a century.

Apparently, it now is.

The reason, according to a newly released explanation from the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is rooted more in racism than revelation.

"Race and the Priesthood," posted Friday on the church’s website, lds.org, also jettisons any beliefs developed through the years to defend the prohibition. And those findings are drawing praise from black Mormons and historians.

"Hallelujah," says Catherine Stokes, a black Mormon who joined the LDS Church in Chicago and now lives in Utah. "I view this as a Christmas gift to each and every member of the church — black, white or whatever ethnicity."

The ban began under Brigham Young, second LDS president, who was influenced by common beliefs of the time, reports the article. It did not exist during the tenure of Mormon founder Joseph Smith, who opposed slavery and personally ordained several African-Americans.

The essay is part of an ongoing series of "gospel topics pages" published by the LDS Church to give Mormons resources for understanding complex issues such as whether Mormons are Christians and differing, sometimes-contradictory accounts of Smith’s early visionary experiences.

The church-produced article on race argues that "there is no evidence that any black men were denied the priesthood during Joseph Smith’s lifetime."

But the record clearly shows that, in 1852, Young — Smith’s immediate successor — "publicly announced that men of black African descent could no longer be ordained to the priesthood, though thereafter blacks continued to join the church."

More than 125 years later, in 1978, the LDS Church, under then-President Spencer W. Kimball, lifted the ban, but some Mormons have continued to promote theories used to defend the former exclusion — "that black skin is a sign of divine disfavor or curse, or that it reflects actions in a premortal life; that mixed-race marriages are a sin; or that blacks or people of any other race or ethnicity are inferior in any way to anyone else."

The new statement says the LDS Church "disavows the theories advanced in the past ... [and that ] church leaders today unequivocally condemn all racism, past and present, in any form."

Margaret Young, who teaches English at LDS Church-owned Brigham Young University, believes all Mormons should carry a copy of the statement with them.
"Make three-by-five cards of Friday’s church statement on race. Edit carefully if you need to. Laminate it, and keep it handy —in a purse or wallet," Young, who co-produced a documentary on blacks in the church, wrote to her Facebook friends. "We are now empowered to answer folks who perpetuate old justifications for the priesthood restriction in ways they won’t argue with. We are the messengers to give wings to the statement."

What is most important about the statement on race to Mormon historian Richard Bushman is its perspective.

"It is written as a historian might tell the story," Bushman says from his home in New York, "not as a theological piece, trying to justify the practice."

By depicting the exclusion as fitting with the common practices of the day, says Bushman, who wrote "Rough Stone Rolling," a critically acclaimed biography of Smith, "it drains the ban of revelatory significance, makes it something that just grew up and, in time, had to be eliminated."

But accepting that, Bushman says, "requires a deep reorientation of Mormon thinking."

Mormons believe that their leaders are in regular communication with God, so if you say Young could make a serious error, he says, "it brings into question all of the prophet’s inspiration."

Members need to recognize that God can "work through imperfect instruments," Bushman says. "For many Latter-day Saints, that is going to be a difficult transition. But it is part of our maturation as a church."

Some top Mormon leaders are already pushing in that direction.

"And, to be perfectly frank, there have been times when members or leaders in the church have simply made mistakes. There may have been things said or done that were not in harmony with our values, principles or doctrine," Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the faith’s governing First Presidency, said in October’s LDS General Conference. "I suppose the church would be perfect only if it were run by perfect beings. God is perfect, and his doctrine is pure. But he works through us — his imperfect children — and imperfect people make mistakes."
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...ormon.html.csp

Old December 12th, 2013 #3
Cora McGuire

Quote:
Kirby: Mormons not alone in failure to acknowledge racism
By Robert Kirby | | Tribune Columnist

For several reasons, I grew up hearing and using the "N" word. Not only was ours a military family but it also was the ’50s and ’60s, a time when that particular word hadn’t become entirely unacceptable.

It didn’t help that we were also Mormon. My grandparents, descendants of Mormon pioneers on both sides, were about as racist as it was possible to be without actually owning slaves.

This was particularly true of my paternal grandmother, who, upon learning that I was marrying a "foreigner" (Canadian), demanded, "Why can’t Bobby marry a white girl?"

My family wasn’t bad. Well, OK, I was. We were a product of our time, social status and church. The LDS "policy" back then was to deny black people the priesthood.

As they did with most religious edicts, the obsessively obedient took it to the extreme. Leaders gave talks on the matter, wrote books about it and enforced the ban by excommunicating anyone who ordained a black man.

It got really picky. If black was unacceptable for the priesthood, how much black was too black?

Apparently any. If your great-great-great-grandfather was 0.016 percent black on his foster family’s in-law side, that was enough. You couldn’t have the priesthood or get married in the temple.

I heard all the reasons for this, including an extra-secret vision, conscientious objecting during the war in heaven, relationship to Cain in the Bible, etc.

It was also in the blood. I recall — and I am not making this up — when a family member needed a blood transfusion but the only available matching blood type was inside a black guy.

Before the life-saving transfusion was permitted, church leaders were contacted to see how much of a problem the introduction of this tainted blood would constitute. There was no problem, as it turned out.
As awful as this was, keep in mind that it wasn’t just an LDS problem. At the same time that blood thing was being tossed idiotically about, blacks couldn’t attend school with whites in the South.

There were still laws in many states prohibiting interracial marriage, and civil rights for blacks in much of America were just a dream.

But Mormons hung on to our stand long after most of America conceded such behavior was just wrong. By then I was already out of touch with LDS policy regarding blacks and the priesthood.

Not only had I developed a high-school crush on a black girl
, I started thinking about the fairness of it all. It didn’t make any sense no matter who said it had to be that way.

Later, I got so out of touch with the policy that I started wishing I were at least a little black.

Being a partial descendant from Cain would free me from the obligation of going to priesthood meeting and home teaching. I considered lying about my bloodline but then concluded it was more honest — and easier — to just not go.

In 1978, the LDS Church changed the policy regarding blacks and the priesthood, but it took another 35 years to officially acknowledge that it had not necessarily been God’s idea.

Cool. Sunday I’ll be sitting in church and thinking about how great it is to finally have that lunacy out of the way.

Now we can focus on banning people who really shouldn’t be allowed to have the priesthood, people with the potential to do the church real harm. Like "racists", you scumbag?
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifesty...blood.html.csp

Old December 12th, 2013 #4
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Aren´t Mormons as a group very patriotardic and loyal to towards the Kwanzakwa, if that is so then it's no wonder that they are picking up nigger worship, nigger worship is pretty much a requirement to be a good Kwa patriot.

Old December 12th, 2013 #5
Dalton Fury

Organized religion is pure garbage full of snake oil salesmen and sellouts for the Jews and their hangers-on

Old December 12th, 2013 #6
White Winger

The average Mormon now believes: "YEAH!!!! That will get all the jew racists from show biz,and every other area of society off Our backs!!!!"

Last edited by White Winger; December 13th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Old December 12th, 2013 #7
ernst blofeld

This is what these insane people actually believe.
How can anyone take them seriously about anything?

Old December 22nd, 2013 #8
luftwaffensoldat
Witness to Genocide

Brigham Young once said:

Quote:
Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so.

Old December 22nd, 2013 #9
Bardamu
Banned

Yes, old Brigham was a solid White man.

Mormons are a weird bag because they contain two hyper-contrary tendencies vis a vis the national culture, conformism and non-conformism. Mormons are intensely conformist, which surfaces in their manner of dress, haircuts, and squeaky clean lifestyles. If ever there was a people who lacked almost all individuality it is these reformed Mormon Church types. Then, on other hand, the Mormon religion itself is in the competition for strangest brand of Christianity out there. The latter tendency feeds the former. Because their brand is so non-conformist in doctrine in everything else they are ultra-conformist. This all got a kick in the ass with the Mormon dust-up with the faggots out here in California where it was Mormon money that opposed the passage of homosexual marriage laws. For taking this principled stand Mormons now feel the compulsion, true to their double-nature, to bow and scrape before race-mixing as a form of conformist penance for their previous political incorrectness.

Tags
mormons, niggers, race mixing, white genocide

Thread