Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 3rd, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Smile Post a random fact about your area . . .

. . what I mean with this thread is . . how is your area perceived in your country ? ( there are stereotypes being associated with any country of our race and then , again ,with certain areas within these countries per se . .) . . You might also recite how many foreigners live there and so on . .

- - -

I am Northern German . . I view myself as such and identify with this . .

The German peoples are not a unitarian people . .

Germany , from its beginning , has been a collecting-place of different Germanic peoples ( hence , in the English-speaking world , the name 'Germany' ) . . They were all unified under the Franks in ancient times ( Charlemagne ) . . After the great migration of the Germanic tribes in ancient times different Germanic peoples / tribes lived all across Europe . . .

They were all gotten together into one empire under Charlemagne ( at least many of them ) . .

That's how Germany came to pass ..

Needless to say ,the differing mentalities within Germany to this day still largely stem from the difference between those tribes and their languages . . Even though all Germanic languages of old were related to each other , there were clear differences . . Also between Nordic Germanic tribes and Alpine Germanic tribes..

That's why we have so many dialects in Germany today , often very different from each other . .

- - -

My area ( Northern Germany ) . .

We are often called 'Northern lights' or 'fish-heads' within Germany ( in translation ) since the northern part of Germany is the only one with acess to the sea . .

]

Furthermore . . Northern Germany is largely the place within Germany where people are said to not really have a dialect per se . . . ( Little explanation : Standard German as it is known today was standardized by the Protestant reformer Martin Luther . . The Northern Germans were among the first to 'take over' "Luther's German" , in the beginning only the upper-class there , in time it became more or less the standard for all of Northern Germany . .) . . The original dialect spoken in the northern German region is today called 'Plattdeutsch' , based on old Saxon .. The best German is said to be spoken in Hannover , Lower Saxony today . .

( I was born in Lower Saxony , even lived in Hannover for some time . .)

Furthermore , northern Germany is perceived to have a very kind mentality among 'people from beyond' ( it is one of the most popular travel-regions within Germany . .)

Concerning Bremen , my home town , a trait of character which is associated with the hanseatic peoples in general is that they are helpful . .

I suppose without these often held up things Northern Germany would be even poorer than it is presently ( the south is relatively rich in Germany , the north . . not so much . .) . . We get a lot of tourists.

- - -

Concerning foreigners . . Northern Germany is not that bad hit with other races ( some cities though ) ,more of them in the south ( where all the money is . .) . .

- - -

That's it for me . . how 'bout your respective areas . .?

P.S.: The melody for this song was taken from 'The Wild Rover'

Old April 5th, 2019 #2
Crowe

Crowe

My area is notorious for all the meth and pill heads. However, there are some of us who'd like to see justice exacted against these criminal, degenerate scum.

I think Germany had a great idea with work camps, and that's where junkies need to be sent.

I'd have them out in the fields stacking hay bales sun up till sun down, 6 days a week, for 3 hots and a cot, working for the biggest asshole they've ever seen. I'd love to apply for a "coordinator" role.

Old April 5th, 2019 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Talking

lol . . on a side note . .

One of the slogans of the German federal area of Baden-Württemberg is . .

"Wir können alles . . ausser Hochdeutsch" ( "We are good at everything . . except for standard German" )

lol

Which means that this area has masters in all fields ( today also one of the richest areas in Germany ) . .

And indeed a lot of 'geniuses' throughout time stemmed from that area . . People like Hegel or Schiller . .

The other half of the slogan implying that the only thing they have difficulties with is communicating standard German . .

lol

And , indeed , the dialects spoken there are alleged to be very hard to understand by 'outsiders' . . They are mostly based on schwäbisch ( Swabian ) . .

Since I've mentioned the good standard german spoken in my area today , I suppose with areas like Lower Saxony the slogan might be turned ( a not-so-well-off area financially and also difficult when it comes to job-market . . . except for the 'good Hannover-based German' spoken there . . . ; Hannover-German , when compared with the English-speaking world , would be our Oxford-English , lol ) . .

So I suppose the slogan of areas like Lower-Saxony could be . .

"Wir können nichts . . nur Hochdeutsch" . .

lol . .

Just a little self-irony on my part . .

- - -

Some areas in Germany truly need to lift themselves up . .

Last edited by ColdFire; April 5th, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

Old April 6th, 2019 #4
ColdFire
Banned

Smile

lol . . in case you're interested in the ancient Northern German dialect though . .

Here . .

The 'Friesenlied' ( song of the Frisians )

Quote:
Wo de Nordseewellen trekken an den Strand

Wo de gehlen Blomen blöhn int gröne Land

Wo de Möwen schrien , hell int Stormgebrus

Dor is miene Heimat , dor bün eck tohuus . .

Wind und Wogen summen mie dat Weegenleed

Und die hohe Dieck , die kennt mien Kinnertied

Kennt och all mien Sehnsucht , as noch lütt eck weer

In die Welt to fleegen , över Land und Meer

Nu is alles verswunnen wat mie quäl und triev

Hävv dat Glück wohl funnen , doch die Sehnsucht bliev
That translates as . .

Quote:
Where the waves of the northern sea hit the beach

Where the yellow flowers bloom into the green countryside

Where the seagulls are screaming , lightly into the roaring storm

This is where my home is , that's where I'm at home

Wind and waves are are hummig as my lullaby

And the high dike witnessed my early days

Also witnessed my yearning when I still was small

To fly unto the world , over land and sea

Now everything has vanished what used torment and drive me

Sure have found the fortune , yet the yearning remains

Old September 19th, 2019 #5
Oma Temmer

Oma Temmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I think Germany had a great idea with work camps, and that's where junkies need to be sent.
If they can be reclaimed at all, I can agree but it'll never happen under the current US legal system. They're public health threats causing epidemics in a number of cities, including mine, and should be handled as such.

Thread