Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 13th, 2013 #201
M.N. Dalvez

But I think the idea of banning a name is stupid. People should be free to choose whatever names (whether stupid, Semitic or otherwise) they want; they should also be free to deal with the consequences.

Old February 13th, 2013 #202
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
But I think the idea of banning a name is stupid. People should be free to choose whatever names (whether stupid, Semitic or otherwise) they want; they should also be free to deal with the consequences.
why shouldn't kids be free to choose their own names when they reach puberty?

Old February 13th, 2013 #203
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
why shouldn't kids be free to choose their own names when they reach puberty?
That's a bit better than their parents inflicting awful names on them. But the same logic still applies.

If someone's actually chosen to call themselves, say, 'Brandy' or 'Crystal' or something similar, well, they should be allowed to typecast themselves as hookers or pole-dancers if they want to, but is that something they should be encouraged to do?

Old February 15th, 2013 #204
Alex Linder
Administrator

This is interesting - on the rise and fall of 'Heather,' blames the movie Heathers for decline. Almost all girls I've come across in school and at work named Heather were good looking.

The name Heather exploded on the scene in the late '60s, peaking at No. 3 among baby girls nationwide in 1975. By 2012, it had dropped to No. 708.

http://deadspin.com/5965959/did-the-...e-name-heather

Old February 18th, 2013 #205
Kasey White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McQuade View Post
Some new school names are so faggotty, I will refuse to say them. I worked with a guy named Prentice, whom I just referred to as "P" because I felt like a queer just saying his name.
How about Preston?

Old March 10th, 2013 #206
Alexander M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
The Jacksun Also Rises

Ever since childhood I’ve heard that the blacks were good entertainers. As I lurch deeper into adulthood, I confess that I find few things in life more entertaining than the names black people give themselves and their children. Besides basketball, I think we can all agree that coming up with creative names is a craft at which blacks are superior to all other races. When people say there haven’t been many black inventors, they ignore all the great names that black people have invented.

Having said that, I also feel that American blacks would be better served were they to channel their abundant creative energies into other fields such as engineering and microbiology. I also feel that by consciously giving themselves ever-blacker names over the past generation or two, black people are practicing a form of linguistic segregation that may be impeding them from living up to their full potential in this society, whatever that potential may be.

http://takimag.com/article/the_jacks...#axzz2NAyLvmlm

Old March 13th, 2013 #207
Hunter Morrow

With niggers, the more fucked up the name is, the more likely they came from a ghetto mammy who gave the little nigglet a Fuck Whitey name and it just went acting like that its whole life.

It doesn't seem like a major thing but I think these "uniquely African-American" names encourage a lot of rebellion for the sake of rebellion and make a bad situation worse. I've personally lived this, too. If you ever have to work with niggers you know this is true. You always want to work with Jeff, not Demarious.

Half this country's problems would be less extreme or wouldn't even be around if we had President Jeff Obama.

Old March 13th, 2013 #208
Alexander M.

I guess the upside to all these crazy mud names is that it makes the liberal media work harder to hide the culprits of crime.

Old May 24th, 2013 #209
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Caught this gouged into a park bench yesterday:

"Alecks"

That one made me do an actual double-take.

Old December 26th, 2013 #210
varg

http://jezebel.com/the-most-extraord...lly-1489956262

The Bounty Parenting Club has released its annual list (http://www.bounty.com/baby-names/mos...ary-names-2013) of Most Extraordinary Baby Names, and it it is quite extraordinary indeed. Trends include: common nouns that are not human names, other nouns that have been misspelled, abstract concepts and companies.

Lisa Penney, spokesman for Bounty, told the Daily Mail, "Celebrities are renowned for choosing unusual names for their offspring, and our records show that some parents are following this trend in an effort to stand out from the crowd with a name no other child is likely to have in the playground." But then she cautioned, "Parents do need to bear in mind that a really individual name can be a lot to live up to if you don't grow up to be rich or famous!" Um, someone please tell that to LOHAN THE BOY.

The most unusual boys' name list included Victory, Prosper, Perseus, Luck, Kassius, Lohan, Bramwell and Denton. (DENTON!!!) The most unusual girls' list had on it Tea, Vogue, Tru, Pinky, Pheonix, Puppy, Purdy, Pepsi, Peppa and Nirvana. From this we have gleaned that literally any word or trademarked phrase can become a human name if you just put your mind to it. The power of the human spirit and imagination is simply unimpeachable.

With that in mind, here are some predictions for the Most Extraordinary Baby Names of 2014:

Merkin
Wife of Bath
Scrilex
Pestilence
Birkenstock
Cronut
Lucifer
Placenta
Squirrel
Hoobastank
Dorito
iPhone 4S
Medoosa

Old January 15th, 2014 #211
MrsHull88

We were at an event and this huge lipped baboon creature that seemed to be female was cheering a way that only a nigger can for her two kids, they were named "nana-diva" and "ash-la-fierce" No joke!

Old January 30th, 2014 #212
Bubba Kalashnikov

Danielle, Otto, Kirk, Diana, Fred, Hank, Bobby, Corinna, Henry, Billy, Mason, Dirk, Connie, Megan[not the hideous Meghan], Tammy, Karl, Lori, Brian, Danette, Leon, Lenny, Rex, Philippa, Christian, Kristina, Paula, Tina, Nikki, and Harry are all fine names for kids.

A name can also hurt a kid. Can you imagine being stuck with a name like Japethina Judd? What if a university refused to accept her doctoral dissertation because of her socially unacceptable name? Naming a child has no place for agenda pushing and trend setting, something all too many people refuse to accept. Your kids deserve better than that.

Old January 31st, 2014 #213
Lucian A.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Kalashnikov View Post
A name can also hurt a kid.
tell me about it

Old May 22nd, 2014 #214
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

Default Astrea

If I had a daughter I would name her Astrea. It’s a suitable name for the coming Golden Age, which will come after Ragnarök.

--------------------

Myths about the Roman Goddess Astrea

The Aastrea, goddess of justice, was daughter of Astraeus, one of the Titans according to Ovid, of Jupiter and Themis. She descended from heaven in the golden age, and inspired mankind with principles of justice and equity, but the world growing corrupt, she re-ascended thither, where she became the constellation in the Zodiac called Virgo.

This goddess is represented with a serene countenance, her eyes bound or blinded, having a sword in one hand, and in the other a pair of balances, equally poised, or rods with a bundle of axes, and sitting on a square stone. Among the Egyptians, she is described with her left hand stretched forth and open, but without a head. According to the poets, she was conversant on earth during the golden and silver ages, but in those of brass and iron, was forced by the wickedness of mankind to abandon the earth and retire to heaven. Virgil hints that she first quitted courts and cities, and betook herself to rural retreats before she entirely withdrew.

http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/r...ess-astrea.htm

--------------------

astrea

A beautiful person not just on the outside but within, a loveable person who can make people smile

http://www.urbandictionary.com/names.php?names=astrea

Old July 15th, 2014 #215
Alex Linder
Administrator

Lots of parents naming kids Elsa after Disney character
http://gawker.com/everyone-is-naming...-fr-1597388390

Old September 17th, 2014 #216
ohgolly

From what I've observed it's allowing women to name children that's the problem. Fashionable, or so they think, as opposed to substantial and traditional. Trend vs. reason.

It's another sign of American male cuckoldry. What man would allow his wife to name his children in the first place, let alone something fleetingly fashionable?

I named one of my sons "John". I tease him with "Jonathan" because it's so faggy.

We have a Macauley about three generations back, which sounds fine for that era but I'd never do that to a child today.

Way too many Gentiles given overtly Hebrew names in the 19th century. I don't mean like Michael or John, I'm talking Hezekiah and stuff.

Speaking of bitches, my little brother named his son after a movie character, because he had the same last name. Poor kid'll hear it for the rest of his life.

Tags
#1, babies, baby, names

Thread