VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Loxist Culture > Movies
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old June 10th, 2013 #83
Jean West

Default Flight of the Phoenix (1965)

This youtube is the best I could find, but it cuts off the great final moments. Hardy Kruger is the fabulous star of this movie. In the middle there is the funniest scene I've ever seen, when James Stewart and Richard Attenborough discover, to their mortification, that Hardy Kruger . . . I can't tell you! Watch it!

Old June 10th, 2013 #85
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean West View Post
This youtube is the best I could find, but it cuts off the great final moments. Hardy Kruger is the fabulous star of this movie. In the middle there is the funniest scene I've ever seen, when James Stewart and Richard Attenborough discover, to their mortification, that Hardy Kruger . . . I can't tell you! Watch it!

Flight of the Phoenix -- starting the engine - YouTube
That movie is a great one. It shows cool German rationality as superior to Anglo-American emotionality & bluster.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old June 10th, 2013 #87
Simmon

I couldn't pick a favorite but I liked Southern Comfort.

Has arrived.
Your thumbs are Hill air e us.

Old June 11th, 2013 #88
Jean West

Default Better clip: The Uninvited (1944)

The clip that I posted for The Uninvited focused on the beautiful score. The movie itself is #3 in Martin Scorcese's 11 Scariest Movies of all Time. There's a clip on that page as well.

This is a very hard to find film. If you do get to watch it, it's best not to read the story beforehand, but let it unfold. The acting is superb.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/2...ed-Shores.html

Old June 11th, 2013 #89
HardHawk
Banned

Default Soldier

Old June 11th, 2013 #90
Dave from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean West View Post
The clip that I posted for The Uninvited focused on the beautiful score. The movie itself is #3 in Martin Scorcese's 11 Scariest Movies of all Time. There's a clip on that page as well.

This is a very hard to find film. If you do get to watch it, it's best not to read the story beforehand, but let it unfold. The acting is superb.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/2...ed-Shores.html
Haven't seen this movie, though I am a regular viewer of older films. I'll have to root around and see if I can pick up a copy.

Is that character actor Donald Crisp I also spot in there? Always liked him.

Old June 11th, 2013 #91
Jean West

Default Donald Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from New York View Post
Is that character actor Donald Crisp I also spot in there? Always liked him.
Yes, best remembered as the highly respected father in films like National Velvet, Lassie, and many, many others. Here he is in the supporting role for which he won an Oscar: How Green Was My Valley

Last edited by Jean West; June 12th, 2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Insert title

Old June 14th, 2013 #92
M. Gerard

In case you haven't noticed, the Uninvited is very popular on Turner Communist movies. It has, as did the Soviet Union had, an anti-Christian bias. The trouble maker is Grandfather, who goes to church on Sunday. By popcorn coincidence, he conveniently dies so his beautiful half-breed gypsy grand-daughter can run off with the older homo musician. I think his little dog wouldn't go upstairs because that's where the musician had sex with him. But once the dog ran away, he found Stella.

Imagine the whole cast played by homos and lesbos except for grandfather. Makes more sense that way. No normal families anywhere in this movie. Stella can become a Stephen, or stay a fag hag.

You may not care that "The Uninvited" has an anti-Christian (anti-host population of England) message, but it also has has an anti-racist message. How could you miss that?????

Old June 14th, 2013 #94
Jean West

Default M.G.'s confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
In case you haven't noticed, the Uninvited is very popular on Turner Communist movies. It has, as did the Soviet Union had, an anti-Christian bias. The trouble maker is Grandfather, who goes to church on Sunday. By popcorn coincidence, he conveniently dies so his beautiful half-breed gypsy grand-daughter can run off with the older homo musician. I think his little dog wouldn't go upstairs because that's where the musician had sex with him. But once the dog ran away, he found Stella.
Imagine the whole cast played by homos and lesbos except for grandfather. Makes more sense that way. No normal families anywhere in this movie. Stella can become a Stephen, or stay a fag hag. You may not care that "The Uninvited" has an anti-Christian (anti-host population of England) message, but it also has an anti-racist message. How could you miss that?????
You're having a hard time dealing with your attraction to Ray Milland, aren't you, but you shouldn't take it out on pretty Stella and make a meanie out of the little dog; I don't think what you think happened in the music room really did happen, but if, God forbid, it did, or something like it, then even if Grandfather was a churchgoer, how could he have interceded when he was in a different house altogether (no place near the cliff)? If he had, though, you better believe he'd have straightened them out, and fast.

I sense frustration in your queer preference for homos and lesbos to take over the perfectly played parts; we all want things to make sense to us, though, and I don't think anyone, Christian or not, certainly not me, would consider projection, jerry-rigging, or fact-finagling to be beyond the pale in helping to make that happen. If I missed some anti-host-population-of-England anti-Christianity, I can only say I was completely thrown off by the coast-of-Cornwall-all-British-cast red herrings.

I had good intentions when I posted the film; I'm sorry it inflicted agitation on you. It was a favorite because I remember (with affection) that I fell off my chair when the doors flew open right in the middle of the Ouija board spook stuff.

Well, anyway, one thing I can tell you, is that you made a big mistake insinuating Ray Milland was a Communist. It's true he played one in The Thief--you can watch it
but movies are not real life, as I bet you've been told before.

Hope I've helped.

Old June 14th, 2013 #95
Olesia Rhoswen

Sanctum (James Cameron, 2010?) is the best recent film that I've seen. No CGI crap, a simple set design and a well thought through story. It was raw, and desperate- I haven't felt so emotionally involved with a film in a long while. Great good-looking father-son team, as well.

Below is a scene from near the start of the film. From this point, their whole exhibition begins to unravel. I admit to covering my eyes and ears several times, and emitting frequent cries of 'Oh no!' Some scenes hit too close to my own fears.

Old June 15th, 2013 #96
M. Gerard

I did not insinuate that Ray M. was a communist. He's an actor.

I am saying the movie is propaganda, and the seance may be scary, but it is part of the propaganda that the coloreds and other out-groups have powers the whites don't have and that Christianity must go.

Interesting that Stella is racially not that different than the lady doctor.

The whole cast is attractive, as they say.

Calling me a homo is stupid. Talk about the movie. He plays a music critic/musician living with his sister in middle age, they leave London and spend all their money on an beautiful house. Does that sound like a lifestyle for the average guy?

Old June 16th, 2013 #97
Jean West

Default twisted or straight?

MG - I can't believe you've written a straight reply to my own hilarious reply to your (rather weird) comments (about the communists and homos and lesbos!!

I thought your comments were an awkward attempt at humor! So I replied in kind!! Seriously, read what I wrote again, now with the realization that it's comedy -- is it not hilarious!!! (Why can't people be more like me???)

Of course, your reply does demonstrate again the truth of the fact that we see what affects, or what we think affects us personally. I didn't call you a homosexual. I did, however, accuse you of insinuating that Ray Milland was a Communist, which you "patently" did not do! That was my stroke of comedic genius that kept me laughing right up to the moment I dropped off to sleep (way past my bedtime-creativity takes time to get it right).

For a movie about Communism and good Jews/badWhites, forget The Uninvited and savor the one that pretended so successfully to be just a sure-to-please love story between a pretty boy and a nerdy girl:

Old July 7th, 2013 #100
Susan

I have The Uninvited on video from when I taped it years ago when I used to watch tv and had cable. It is spooky. My mother had told me about that movie and how scary everyone thought it was way back then.

I haven't thought about it having any ulterior motive/hidden agenda. I'll have to watch it again, this time paying closer attention to the dialogue. I really never was much of a Ray Milland fan.

But, I also love Waterloo Bridge and I have that movie as well on video from years ago. I used to spend my life taping old movies off TCM and still have stacks of videos of old movies.

Waterloo Bridge has all the elements of a classic tear-jerker: it's sad, romantic, and tragic. I have always been both Vivien Leigh and Robert Taylor fans.

Poor Vivien. She was so in love with Lawrence Olivier. But, she suffered so badly from bipolar disorder and finally, Lawrence being a man, just could not tolerate it anymore and divorced Leigh. She remained single for the rest of her life and always maintained her love for him. See--there's a real woman--staying devoted to her man even though he left her. Hollywood and the real world are both full of devoted wives and philandering husbands. And when it comes to women having emotional/mental problems, men simply won't tolerate any shortcomings on the part of women.

Jean--if you're a fan of old movies, I'm sure you've seen The Ghost and Mrs. Muir with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. Talk about a hankie-fest!!! OMG. It's one of the all time great romantic tear jerkers.

And, speaking of Robert Taylor, one of my all time favorite movies is Camille with Greta Garbo (see my avatar) and Robert Taylor. It, too, is another of the great tear-jerkers of all time. Garbo was the greatest actress in my humble opinion.

When I look at the jew trash coming out of Hollywood nowadays, it makes me cry to think of all the great movies and acting performances of years gone by.

Tags
#1, movies

Thread