VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 13th, 2009 #201
Bev
drinking tea

http://infidelsunite.typepad.com/cou...ain-rally.html

Quote:
Fury as Muslim meeting is switched to Pall Mall while right-wingers protest in Trafalgar Square

The right-wing group behind a series of anti-Islamist protests which have ended in running street battles is planning to demonstrate today in London's Trafalgar Square.

A pro-Palestinian rally scheduled several months ago has been switched to neighbouring Pall Mall, much to the anger of the organisers. They blamed the decision on the English Defence League (EDL) and other right-wing groups.

Raza Kazim, spokesman for the Islamic Human Rights Commission, said: "At the last minute after months of negotiation, the Greater London Authority told us we are not allowed to go ahead with the rally in Trafalgar Square. Instead of standing up to threats they have capitulated. A place that was to be used to raise voices against fascism is now being given over to the very bigots we are supposed to be standing against."

Scotland Yard said it was powerless to prevent the protest provided it remained a "static demonstration".

The details emerged as Communities Secretary John Denham warned of a surge in fascist extremism designed to provoke violence on Britain's streets. He said the tactics employed were the same as those used by Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists blackshirt campaigns in the 1930s.

"I think that the EDL and other organisations are not large numbers of people. They clearly, though, have among them people who know what they're doing," he said. "The tactic of trying to provoke a response in the hope of causing wider violence and mayhem is long established on the far-right and among extremist groups.
Another interesting link from that blog:
http://infidelsunite.typepad.com/cou...ot-please.html
Quote:
MAINTAINING SAFETY OF ISLAMIC INSTITUTIONS

• Develop good relations with neighbours. This is an Islamic responsibility and is likely to act as a major deterrent to crime and vandalism.

• Installing CCTV cameras around mosques and Islamic schools/institutes will help secure them.

• You may be entitled to grants from your local authority for crime prevention.
I bet Christian churches don't get this grant? Someone in the NW or Yorkshire should write to their MEP about this.

Last edited by Bev; September 13th, 2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: addition

Old September 14th, 2009 #202
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
A GROUP of Union Flag waving protesters blasted angry insults at pro-Palestinian demonstrators at an annual rally in central London yesterday.

A heavy police presence was in evidence amid fears the opposing groups would clash during the Al-Quds Day event.

But the march and rally passed off without violence as a gathering of only a few dozen counter-protesters appeared to keep their opposition vocal.

The band of about 30 people, understood to be from the English Defence League, chanted noisily and pointed fingers as the procession went past Piccadilly Circus en route from Marble Arch to Waterloo Place.

The Al-Quds Day crowd responded with their own shouts during the angry stand-off as lines of police officers kept the two sides apart.

The Union Flag-waving protesters confronted the procession as it passed through Piccadilly Circus.

Some covered their faces with scarves, others wore football shirts and held up a sign declaring "March for England" as they shouted "English and we're proud of it".

Exchanges of "shame on you" passed between the two sides.

But after a momentary rise in tension and noise, the situation calmed.

The protesters dispersed while police moved any potential troublemakers to a cordoned area and the march continued on to its finishing point in Waterloo Place.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said there were no arrests.
http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelon...estinian-rally

Old September 15th, 2009 #203
Bev
drinking tea

Default Open Letter to John Denham from the EDL

Quote:
The following open letter has been posted on the English Defence League website. We republish here, as this site considers it a newsworthy item.

Mr John Denham MP,

Sir,

Your description of the English Defence League as a “far right” and “Fascist” group is dishonest and Orwellian to say the least. Fascism is a political theory opposed to liberal democracy and is a close ideological relation of radical Islam.

The EDL exists precisely because extremist Muslim groups are being allowed to tour the UK unchallenged, corrupting the minds of young and impressionable people, undermining community cohesion and causing gratuitous offence to non Muslims.

The EDL is a direct product of the failure of government, and indeed of all political parties to seriously address the issue of Islamic extremism in the UK. Your comparison of the situation in Harrow yesterday (to which the EDL were not party) with the Black Shirts of Oswald Moseley is farcical, intended only to legitimise the violent response of Muslim and government sponsored counter demonstrators, and to demonise a group of people who feel that the actions of Anjem Choudary and his ilk must be opposed. Failure to do so will result in further alienation as these extremists are allowed to preach their hatred of the UK, our people and our way of life.

Labour face a political battle with the BNP that is totally removed from the aims and intentions of the EDL, however Labour should not let their fear of legitimate political debate degenerate into the sponsorship and direction of a violent street army like the UAF, who are being used as an alternative means of trying to win the argument. These methods are not far removed from those of Robert Mugabe. Their fight with the BNP is nothing to do with the EDL. We are a non racist and non discriminatory protest group who believe in an integrated and peaceful Britain with one law and one society, respected by all of its members.

The EDL will continue to peacefully protest and highlight the issue of unrestrained Islamic extremism in the UK, unless and until the government take concerted action against those who preach hatred and wish to harm the people of this country.

Regards,

The EDL.
Stolen from Green Arrow site.

Old October 10th, 2009 #204
Bev
drinking tea

Default EDL getting lots and lots of publicity for today's demo

How come they are being plugged so much by so many? Like we didn't already know.

BBC

d

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/itnnews/video/xare0b_manchester-braced-for-rightwing-pro_news
Telegraph

Sky

Quote:
The group is due to demonstrate in Manchester today, the latest of a series of outings that have resulted in running street battles with young Muslims and anti-fascist protesters. Another gathering is planned for Leeds, promising more trouble in northern England, following incidents in Luton and Birmingham.

Quote:
The rule, though, is: never perform with children, animals or Nazi flags. Try as the man with cigarette lighter might, the flag stubbornly refused to ignite, hanging down in its embarrassing entirety, barely smouldering at the edge. Even the boys of the EDL couldn’t resist a laugh at this public relations cock-up. Eventually, one of their number seized a can of petrol and - whoosh! - up it went.

“There are no racists or fascists in the English Defence League,” said one. “We are black and white, united. The proof is in the pudding.”

The 'pudding’ being the black members present, none of whom appeared entirely clear why they were here. Questions about their reasons for affiliating with the EDL raised only mumbled answers. The statements read out by the ringleaders were a shade more eloquent.

“The word fascist has been bandied about without any evidence of us being so,” said one. “This we see as an irresponsible act. Leave us to peaceful protest - our democratic right.”

Tommy continued: “We have been labelled as Nazis and racists, but we are not. The easiest way for the Government and the Islamic community to deal with this problem is to label us as Nazis.”

Last edited by Bev; October 10th, 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: add sky link and try and get rid of that weird d

Old October 10th, 2009 #205
Joe Owens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
How come they are being plugged so much by so many? Like we didn't already know.

BBC

d

Dailymotion - Manchester braced for right-wing protest - a News & Politics video

Telegraph

Because they are a gang of dirty searchlight stooges. However, the public will swallow this nonsense like they always do.

Old October 10th, 2009 #206
AWhite

Default Thought for the day!

Last year forum threads on a well known red site had a couple of its members saying that "the one way to smash the nazis like the BNP, NF and BPP would be to gather support among the disenchanted, the football lads and the chavs and get them to think more along the sides of smashing fascism and nazism harking back to the likes of cable street and the likes by setting up a new organisation on the lines that we are not racist or fascist bigots nazis. Of course we know that any of these people with an ounce of racism or islamaphobia are just that but to stifle support we must follow a new strategy"
All of a sudden there is a mass of publicity for these and some are already recognisable. Keep watching there may be some who have been lulled into this false sense of security but there are some too that have sitting and watching this from its roots.

Old October 10th, 2009 #207
MWD

They we're only set up to help stop the BNP. If you read their crap and read their placards it clearly indicates don't vote the BNP if your anti Islam. I went to a demo few years back and the NF we're penned in a fence at Trafalgar Square. | But this lot of suspect zionist crusaders don't, this lot have freedom of movement and can demonstrate anywhere but the BNP and other party's can't! They are state..

NWN mob must have a dilemma do they stand with the EDL or UAF both have same paymasters as there's..

Old October 10th, 2009 #208
AWhite

Default Photos

Some photos goin up later and not the usal types more the hooligany estate thug types, not your usual antifa, lefty hippy types. Theyre dressing down and getting into the pubs with their rhetoric and since last august have been very busy winning over hearts and minds while we fought among our own and they sat back and laughed.

Old October 10th, 2009 #209
Sir Rolf Of Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWD View Post
They we're only set up to help stop the BNP. If you read their crap and read their placards it clearly indicates don't vote the BNP if your anti Islam. I went to a demo few years back and the NF we're penned in a fence at Trafalgar Square...
I went down to London for that, it was also attended by a bunch of sweaty oaf Sikhs who were on the otherside of Trafalgar Square who were 'anti Islam'. The Muslims shit it that day and went elsewhere but the Sikhs kept coming over and gobbing off (stood behind the coppers). The coppers also allowed them to keep coming over to provoke a reaction.

Old October 10th, 2009 #210
AWhite

Since the cats out the bag now anyway theyre linked with UAF or some of theirs have been at UAF functions, gatherings etc.
We've print offs of all their conversations back and forward and have been sitting on them for a while now not wanting to let the cat out the bag as well as not wanting to give creedence to others who'd grab it.
Sitting back and watching it's fallen back into place especially with the contacts they have in the media and the reporters who are in contact via email etc.

Old October 10th, 2009 #211
Joe Owens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWhite View Post
Some photos goin up later and not the usal types more the hooligany estate thug types, not your usual antifa, lefty hippy types. Theyre dressing down and getting into the pubs with their rhetoric and since last august have been very busy winning over hearts and minds while we fought among our own and they sat back and laughed.
Who do you mean when you said "we fought among our own?"

Old October 10th, 2009 #212
Bev
drinking tea

This is their "promotional video" for today's caper.

Old October 10th, 2009 #213
Bev
drinking tea

Anyone else note the clever use of the "England is for life, not just for football" logo?

Old October 10th, 2009 #214
MWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rolf Of Harris View Post
I went down to London for that, it was also attended by a bunch of sweaty oaf Sikhs who were on the otherside of Trafalgar Square who were 'anti Islam'. The Muslims shit it that day and went elsewhere but the Sikhs kept coming over and gobbing off (stood behind the coppers). The coppers also allowed them to keep coming over to provoke a reaction.
You are correct they were standing to the right, I was not in the pen but did follow Andi Ali with a camera that day with a mate before he shot off up to Lecister Square. I'm not a Violent chap but andy ali still ran to the Police and said we were taking pics of him. The Police Photographer did not care less about the Sikhs there. When me and my mate left some spotty ANaL freaks ( gimps and middle class queens) tryed to take pics of us so we went straight up to them outside charring cross station and they bottled it.

Old October 10th, 2009 #215
Gibson

It looks like the Swiss People's Party might be going the same way. Their 2007 election poster implies racism, but their latest controversial poster is just anti-islam (actually not even anti-islam, just anti-minaret).

2007, anti-ethnic

2009, anti-minaret

Why the change? Maybe people are 'allowed' to be anti-islam. Why are people allowed to be anti-islam? Maybe because the jew would like us to see Palestinians, Iranians and Afgans as the enemy.

The EDL are the most extreme example of anti-islam-and-pro-multicultism, but they're not the only 'far right' (as the media would label them) organisation heading that way. Are the BNP much different?

Old October 10th, 2009 #216
The Truth At Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Anyone else note the clever use of the "England is for life, not just for football" logo?
Yes that was the BNP one but I've noticed the EDs are also using a version of it .

When Imitation Is Annoying, Not Flattering

Old October 10th, 2009 #217
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth At Last View Post
Yes that was the BNP one but I've noticed the EDs are also using a version of it .

When Imitation Is Annoying, Not Flattering

Yes, and it's known to be the BNP's as well. How many people are going to see it and make a connection between them? Question is, was that their intention? I'd say so.

Old October 10th, 2009 #218
MWD

Its all clear what they are up to, and its clear who their paymaster's are. Im surprised they don't share an office with Weyman Bennet on Vauxhall Bridge Road.

Old October 10th, 2009 #219
Sir Rolf Of Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWD View Post
You are correct they were standing to the right, I was not in the pen but did follow Andi Ali with a camera that day with a mate before he shot off up to Lecister Square. I'm not a Violent chap but andy ali still ran to the Police and said we were taking pics of him. The Police Photographer did not care less about the Sikhs there. When me and my mate left some spotty ANaL freaks ( gimps and middle class queens) tryed to take pics of us so we went straight up to them outside charring cross station and they bottled it.
Hahaha yeah Andi Ali, he didn't hang around long and he always seemed to be complaining about people taking his picture, usually while he was stood camera in hand doing exactly the same thing, infact travelling miles and miles specifically for that.

Old October 10th, 2009 #220
Gibson

There's also a Welsh Defence League, apparently with the same anti-islam MO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/wales/8297950.stm
Quote:
Call for anti-Islamic marches ban

There are calls to ban two marches planned by a group of football fans called the Welsh Defence League.

They claim it is to protest against radical Islam and they are not racist but opponents accuse them of being a fascist organisation targeting Muslims.

Marches are planned in Swansea and Newport. Police say they are putting plans in place to avoid a repeat of violent clashes seen in Birmingham.

Football clubs across Wales have also condemned the group.

They were unhappy club logos were used to promote the cause.

Ninety people were arrested when protesters from the English and Welsh Defence League clashed with anti-fascist campaigners in Birmingham in September.

It is understood football fans from south Wales played their part in the demonstrations.

Now the Welsh Defence League is planning to take to the streets of Swansea and Newport in the coming weeks, an investigation by BBC Wales' Dragon's Eye programme has discovered.

They say they are against Muslim extremists and the introduction of Sharia law in Britain.

One member called Mike said: "We're not racist, because we're standing up against Islam. I mean the police are terrified to upset Muslims, right, and the fact is that militant Islamists in this country, they're on a jihad, a holy war against us, they want to kill us."

The Welsh Defence League says Muslim and other ethnic minority groups can join but opponents say this is a smoke screen for their real views.

Jeff Hurford, from Unite Against Fascism, said: "If you actually look at their website the reality is they use the word jihadist for almost any Muslim - for almost anybody who actually speaks out about almost anything whatsoever is a jihadist."

But a member of the English Defence League (EDL) called Michael, who is black, insisted the group is not racist.

"EDL support all English people who are proud of our country... That want to stop islamic extremism," he said.

"We're not racist. I'm a black man and I'm proud to be English that's why I joined the EDL."

The Welsh Defence League has used the logos of football teams to promote its cause but Dragon's Eye discovered that all Welsh clubs have now spoken out against them.

When the campaign group, Show Racism the Red Card contacted the clubs involved they all said the group didn't have permission to use the clubs logos and Cardiff City has even taken legal action to prevent its crest being used.

The Football Association of Wales said it "in no way condones the practices or ideology of such groups as this ".

Now there are calls for police to stop the marches in Swansea and Newport taking place.

Mohammed Tufail, from Race Equality First, said: "I think they should be banned I don't think they should be allowed to express the views they're expressing.

"Because those views are racist, they're fascist, they're just picking on a community for no reason other than their faith."

Police across south Wales say they are putting together plans to prevent a repeat of the violent clashes seen in Birmingham.

Dragon's Eye is on BBC1 Wales at 2235 BST on Thursday.

Tags
#1, 9/11, 9/11 memorial, birmingham, choudary, edl, english defence league, halal, islam, kev carroll, kosher, london, mac, protest, state, tommy robinson, uaf, us embassy, woolwich

Thread