VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 2nd, 2015 #1
Ian Smith son

Ian Smith son
Default Auschwitz guard admits role at camp

Quote:
Lueneburg - A former SS guard delivered a courtroom apology to survivors of the Holocaust on Wednesday and said that only the “Lord God” could forgive him for his acknowledged complicity in the mass murder at the Nazi concentration camp.

Oskar Groening, 94, who was a guard at Auschwitz between 1942 and 1944, stands accused of being an accessory to the murder of 300 000 Hungarian Jews during 1944.

He is one of a handful of surviving Auschwitz guards that Germany is trying to prosecute.

But as his lawyer read out his statement expressing regret for his crimes at his trial in Lueneburg, northern Germany, on Wednesday, Mr Groening sat slumped and expressionless in his seat while Holocaust survivors and their relatives sat opposite him.

“I have consciously not asked to be forgiven for my guilt,” Mr Groening said in his declaration.

“Considering the scale of what happened at Auschwitz and the other crimes committed elsewhere, I am not entitled to make such a request. I can only ask the Lord God for forgiveness,” he added.

However, his statement failed to convince Holocaust survivors, including 84-year-old Irene Fogel Weiss, who lost her parents, four siblings and 13 cousins at Auschwitz.

“He is right to say that only the Lord God can forgive him,” Mrs Weiss said outside the court on Wednesday.
Auschwitz guard admits role at camp - World News | IOL News

Oskar Groening

Old July 15th, 2015 #2
Ian Smith son

Ian Smith son

Quote:
‘Accountant of Auschwitz’ sentenced to four years in prison for 300,000 deaths

Oskar Groening had always said he was “a cog” in the Nazi killing machine. He had been 21 years old when he was employed as a bookkeeper at the notorious concentration camp Auschwitz, responsible for cataloging the cash and valuables pulled from the luggage of newly arrived prisoners.

“If you can describe that as guilt, then I am guilty, but not voluntarily. Legally speaking, I am innocent,” he told Der Spiegel in 2005.

But on Tuesday, three months into the trial at which he stood accused of being an accessory to 300,000 murders, the now 94-year-old Groening appeared to have a change of heart.

“[Prosecutor Cornelius] Nestler said that Auschwitz was a place where you could not simply take part. I agree with that,” he said. “I sincerely regret that I did not recognize that earlier. I am truly sorry.”

The German judge overseeing his case seemed to agree. On Wednesday morning, Groening was found guilty and sentenced to four years in prison, 6 months more than prosecutors had asked for, according to Deustch Welle.
?Accountant of Auschwitz? sentenced to four years in prison for 300,000 deaths - The Washington Post

Old July 16th, 2015 #3
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Samuel Toothgold

A longer sentence than demanded by the prosecution is extremely rare.
The court argued that as an accountant, he made it possible for the railroad erecting an additional station platform. "Had he not have been an accountant, the platform wouldn't have been built", as if nobody else would have made him/her self available for the vacant post:

http://www.pi-news.net/2015/07/ausch...n/#more-470885

Quote:
...Laut FAZ bestand diese Beihilfe darin, dass er durch seine Buchhaltung für einen freien Bahnsteig gesorgt hat. Hätte er nicht dort gearbeitet, wäre der Bahnsteig verstopft gewesen...

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; July 16th, 2015 at 03:03 AM.

Thread