VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old May 14th, 2019 #1
Erik T. White

Default University of Florida "honor students" feel the DIEversity on a field trip to South Africa

Quote:
UF student group robbed by gang of gunmen in South Africa

A group of University of Florida students endured a frightening experience while they were traveling abroad in South Africa.
Two faculty members and 19 honor students were robbed at gunpoint by a group of six men, according to UF spokesman Steve Orlando.
Orlando said that, according to police, the group of gunmen followed the students' bus as it headed to the University of Pretoria.
"The group was robbed at a preschool northeast of Johannesburg by at least six gunmen,” Orlando said. “Police say the thieves got away with the students' laptops, cellphones, cameras, passports, plane tickets and money.”
Two honor students News4Jax reached by phone -- Phebe Brocke and Maya Barrett -- both declined to talk about the robbery. They sounded shaken up and said they will address the media as a group Wednesday.
Barrett wrote this on Facebook about what happened:
“The gunmen did not order us off the bus, rather, they ambushed my group and I, after we had entered through the children's school's gates at an elementary school. The gunmen additionally did not march us into a classroom. My group and I ran into the classroom after the robbery for safety and to hide."
Barrett said local residents came to their aid.
“We had people hugging us, feeding us and even apologizing even though they had no fault,” Barrett wrote on Facebook. “This experience has not, and will not, define my perspective of South Africa or international travel.”

According to UF, the thieves fired their guns as they escaped, wounding one local, but no UF students were hurt. Three students are in the process of returning home. The others have chosen to stay and will return next week.
“The school is in the process of evaluating this specific honors program and its locations moving forward,” Orlando said.
The students are also receiving counseling through the US Embassy in South Africa.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/uf-stu...n-south-africa

I guess they thought their "honor student" status would keep them safe n sheeiiitt!!!!

Anyone asking whether I'm a Bulldog, Gator, Wildcat, or Panther is asking the wrong person. I just went to schools with those mascots and thumbed my nose at them when I got my sheepskins or finished the summer courses.

Old May 15th, 2019 #2
James Radov

Kwan college cunts deserve to suffer and die. . Educational itz...

Old May 19th, 2019 #3
Ironguard1940

Default He would rather be murdered than be known as a racist

Quote:

“This experience has not, and will not, define my perspective of South Africa or international travel.”

Itz your funeral.

Thread