VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 22nd, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Christ-Insanity Thread

The Day of Great Disappointment - the day that awaits all christian lunatics, to be redundant.

http://www.gci.org/history/disappointment

The Great Disappointment

It was Oct. 22, 1844. On this day, as many as 100,000 Christians gathered on hillsides, in meeting places and in meadows. They were breathlessly and joyously expecting the return of their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The crowds had assembled because of the prophetic claim of an upstate New York farmer and Baptist layman named William Miller (1782-1849). He was certain from his studies of the Bible that Jesus Christ was going to return on that day.

The prophesied return date had arrived. The waiting crowds peered expectantly upward as the hours slipped away from daylight to darkness. Oct. 22 was coming to an end. Anxiety grew as nightfall descended. Then the midnight hour tolled and still Christ had not returned. People became ever more restless. Through the wee hours of darkness the dejected and stunned crowds meeting at various places, mainly throughout the Northeast United States, began to disperse. When the daylight of Oct. 23 arrived, it was clear that Christ was not going to return as expected.

Failed prophecy and its aftermath

This dashed hope came to be known as "The Great Disappointment." In his book When Time Shall Be No More, historian Paul Boyer offers an example of the deep despondency suffered by the Millerites. In the words of one tragically disappointed believer: "Our fondest hopes and expectations were blasted, and such a spirit of weeping came over us as I never experienced before…. We wept, and wept, till the day dawned" (page 81).

When Jesus did not return as expected, many who had hopefully waited for the return of their Savior threw off their faith completely. Some refused to give up their hope and eventually replaced one delusion with another. They would claim that Christ must have come invisibly in 1844, moving into the Holy of Holies in heaven to begin his "investigative judgment" of Christian lives.

Many simply returned to the churches out of which they had come, no doubt confused, distraught and embarrassed to have accepted something that was revealed to have been an empty fantasy. Miller, having renounced his prophecy studies after the Great Disappointment, died Dec. 20, 1849. Any remaining followers split up over differences of belief and doctrine. Ultimately, a variety of groups arose from the ashes of the Millerite camp, including the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Seventh-day Adventists.

The October 1844 debacle was, in fact, the second great disappointment for followers of Miller’s chronology and prophecy blueprint. He had previously announced that the coming of Jesus Christ would occur in about the year 1843. The year came and went without Christ’s return. Miller’s prophetic claim had failed and disappointed many people.

Then, someone pointed out that he had neglected to take into account the transition from B.C. to A.D., so that his calculations were one year off. Miller then moved the expected return of Jesus forward by one year, this time specifically to Oct. 22, 1844. But the great disappointment happened once again to the thousands of followers who had given away their possessions and waited in expectant belief — for nothing.

William Miller, as all Christians do, yearned for the coming of God’s kingdom. However, this yearning was translated by him into a misguided belief that Christ’s return would occur in his time on a specific date. Miller thought he had discovered in the Bible certain prophecies, which if rationally studied, could provide him with a certain date for Jesus’ return. His study and calculations of various prophecies, such as the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel 9 and the 2300 days of chapter 8, brought him, he believed, to Oct. 22 as the date for Christ’s return.

American prophetic streak

It seems that prophetic belief, such as Miller’s, is strongly entrenched among some Christians and in American popular religion. The Millerite movement of the 1830s and 1840s was not an isolated event. As Miller and other leaders of his movement crisscrossed the northern states they found a ready audience of people who held to various prophetic ideas about how and when Jesus would return.

The Millerite phenomenon is not an isolated movement, but grew up in a Premillenialist culture popular with many Christians. Many tens of thousands of Christians living at the time — average people — were eager to follow Miller’s belief or some other prophetic scheme. As Boyer observes, quoting from David Rowe, a commentator on the Millerite experience: "Millerites are not fascinating because they were so different from everyone else but because they were so like their neighbors" (When Time Shall Be No More, page 82).

The excitement in speculative prophecy that characterized the Millerites has continued through the 19th and 20th century, and into our time, especially under a different mode of interpretive prophecy identified as Dispensationalism. This was the brain child of John Nelson Darby (1800-1882).

Though most prophecy buffs of a Dispensationalist persuasion have avoided setting exact dates for Jesus’ return, they nonetheless continue to use Bible prophecy as a blueprint for their views of the end time. Usually, they maintain that his coming is imminent — in our generation. They claim the next dispensation of God’s dealing with humanity will begin with the rapture — when the Christian saints are supposedly taken to heaven while the rest of humanity is left behind.

‘Imminent return’ the watch phrase

To Dispensationalists the signs of the times are always with us. While date-setting a la Miller is avoided, Christians are told that they must be ready because the rapture could occur at any moment. The time of the end is always right now, even though we may not know the precise date. Many fundamentalists, evangelicals — and other Christians — still believe that biblical prophecy is meant to be interpreted in such an apocalyptical and speculative way. If rightly interpreted, they believe, biblical prophecy can tell us what will happen in the near future — in our lifetime.

But as with William Miller’s failed calculations, all this speculation about the end of the age is pure fantasy, the invention of admittedly brilliant, but confused minds. Christians would do well to remember the Great Disappointment of Oct. 22, 1844. Miller’s prophecy construct seemed to have been a logical and biblically based creation, but proved to be nothing more than a mirage of the human mind.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 22nd, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Old May 22nd, 2014 #2
varg

Reminds me of that group back in 2011 who said rapture was coming. Bunch of christian dupes and geezers throwing their savings away and paying people to watch over their pets while they were raptured. I wonder how many times christian have been falling for this over the past 2000 years. Can you really feel bad for anyone that dumb? All that you have left is to laugh at them. At least actual retards have an excuse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction

Old May 22nd, 2014 #3
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Not all end of the world nuts are Christians, but most of the ones on this list are.

List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Old September 7th, 2017 #4
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Location: Crackertown, down yonder in a honkey home, away from Multicultia :)
Default Sept 23, 2017 Rapture

Oh oh - Christ-instanity update (all the previous predictions were wrong; the Rapture is actually this Sept 23, 2017):

You better get ready for the Rapture!

Lol:

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 7th, 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Old September 7th, 2017 #5
Ray Allan

OK folks, try not to be flying in a plane on Sept. 23 in case the pilot gets raptured away causing the plane to crash or be out on the road when all those driverless cars start slamming into each other. And chain yourself to the ground in case Jebus starts making you float up into the clouds.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old September 7th, 2017 #6
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

After the Rapture, it's supposedly just going to be us secularists left down here with Jesus and the anti-Christ armies going at it. All the Heebs, and those who follow things like Hindusim, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, any of the 45 thousand denominations that aren't the "true Christian denomination", etc., will be left here too. Better load up on ammo lol.

This guy is trying to get us ready:

I think it'll be more entertaining down on earth anyways. It'd be so boring up in heaven. I'd prefer the 7 year war lol:

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 8th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #7
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Default Eve of the Rapture

Everyone, this being the eve of the Rapture, I feel it incumbent upon me to inform you of the following good news.

The good news is that I have been blessed to receive divine revelation about this holy event. Now, in terms of evidence, there was no voice booming out of the invisible, aside from my own inner voice, which I, nonetheless, humbly interpret as a conduit for the voice of god/the trinity.

So, without further delay, what was this good news - you ask? Answer: with only a slight shadow of doubt, the Rapture will proceed tomorrow as scheduled; however, there is some bad news.

The bad news is, unfortunately, only those in my 45,001st denomination will be ushered up into the Kingdom of Heaven at midnight tonight. The rest of you poor souls will have to endure the 7 Years War where roughly 1/3 of you will very quickly be obliterated and sent into the Hell Fires, and the rest may have the same fate.

I am so very regretful to have been the one specially chosen to have to inform you of this bad news. I can only imagine how disappointed you may be, in terms of its ramifications; nevertheless, there is a silver lining to this dark cloud. For a mere $10, you may join my congregation (with a mere 10% tithing fee thereafter (in the ever-so-slight possibility that the onset of the Rapture is delayed)).

Now, I have yet to set-up the online website for you to register to deposit your $10 fee with 10% tithing contribution to receive your official membership. However, I expect to have completed this divine task by about a minute to midnight tonight, so you'll still have time.

Onward and upwards!
-John Smithwick (prophet of the Rapture)

Please bear in mind, I was 'in no way' attempting to be facetious, sarcastic, or deceitful about the above message. Thank you. lol

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 23rd, 2017 at 08:18 AM.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #8
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default (((Holy Shit))), it's tomorrow!

Thank god I saw this thread, I still have prep time.

John, I will join, but you forgot the seed faith doctrine.

Since anything I give to god in the spirit of faith is returned to me three-fold, you can send me thirty dollars now, and I will send your ten back to you.

Look-out lord, we're comin' up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smithwick View Post
Everyone, this being the eve of the Rapture, I feel it incumbent upon me to inform you of the following good news.

The good news is that I have been blessed to receive divine revelation about this holy event. There was no voice, aside from my own inner voice, which I, nonetheless, interpret as a conduit for the voice of god/the trinity.

Now, the good news is that, with only a slight shadow of doubt, the Rapture will proceed tomorrow as scheduled; however, there is some bad news.

The bad news is, unfortunately, that only those in my 45,001th denomination will be ushered up into the Kingdom of Heaven at midnight tonight. The rest of you poor souls will have to endure the 7 Years War where a near 1/3 of you will be instantly obliterated and sent into the Hell Fires.

I am so regretful to have informed you of this bad news. I can only imagine how disappointed you may be; nonetheless, there is still a silver lining to this dark cloud. For a mere $10, you may join my congregation (with a mere 10% tithing fee thereafter (in the ever-so-slight possibility that the onset of the Rapture is delayed)).

Now, I have yet to set up the online website for registration to deposit your $10 fee and 10% tithing contribution to receive your official membership. However, I expect to have completed this divine task by about a minute to midnight, so you'll still have time.

Onward and upwards!
-John Smithwick (prophet of the Rapture)

Alan Watts is God for 10 Minutes

Sam Kinison First Appearance on Letterman

Old September 22nd, 2017 #9
Ray Allan

Damn, and I couldn't get Keira Knightley as a friend for the end of the world, either.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #10
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!

I just want ya'll to know that at a minute to midnight yesterday I prayed to the Lord to spare us, and His voice boomed out of the invisible this time (although I neglected to have the camcorder going for this crazy "evidence" ya'll seek), and said: "John, I will delay the Rapture this year until around the same time next year. I will postpone it again next year, if, IF ... you get your membership up to 5000 by then!"

So there you have it Brothers and Sisters, let us rejoice!

I expect every one of you to pester every single last family member and friend to save their souls by joining the one true Christian denomination!

Emily, let me tell you that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I promise you in due course, you'll get your 30 dollar once you initiate your hollllyyyy membership!

Alan, it's especially good news for you, as you'll have some more time to tie-down ol' Keira Knightley for next year's Rapture!

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!

Amen!

In the meantime, if ya'll need some soul food, let me direct you to the denomination I broke away from to start this new mission: the Landover Baptist Church lol:

I'll let the choir take us home:

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 23rd, 2017 at 03:01 PM.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #11
Ray Allan

Why are so many of these christards such tubs of lard? Jebus will have to use extra god-magic to pull their fat asses up into the clouds.

Old September 22nd, 2017 #12
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!

I just want ya'll to know that at a minute to midnight yesterday I prayed to the Lord to spare us, and His voice boomed out of the invisible this time (although I neglected to have the camcorder going for this crazy "evidence" ya'll seek), and said: "John, I will delay the Rapture until next year around this time ... if, IF ... you get your membership up to 5000 by then!"

So there you have it Brothers and Sisters, let us rejoice!

I expect every one of you to pester every single last family member and friend to save their souls by joining the true Christian denomination!

Emily, let me tell you that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I promise you in due course, you'll get your 30 dollar once you initiate your hollllyyyy membership!

Alan, it's especially good news for you, as you'll have some more time to tie-down ol' Keira Knightley for next year's Rapture!

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!

Amen!

In the meantime, if ya'll need some soul food, let me direct you to the denomination I broke away from to start this new mission: the Landover Baptist Church lol:

Pastor Harry Hardwick vs. Anton Batey (1/3)

I'll let the choir take it from here:

Adolf hitler sings we're movin on up
Not to detract from the all-important fundraising an' all, but I never understood the 'fish don't fry in the kitchen, beans don't burn on the grill' line.

You can fry fish in the kitchen. Beans most certainly burn on the grill.

I'm glad we weren't raptured, I'll have time to figure out the Jefferson's theme song, and other life questions.

*On a serious note, the guy who does 'Pastor Harry Hardwick' came to several Atheist community gatherings to speak, and he was very funny. He would address the audience with, 'Glad I could be here amongst you godless trash' with a Southern accent.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #13
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
*On a serious note, the guy who does 'Pastor Harry Hardwick' came to several Atheist community gatherings to speak, and he was very funny. He would address the audience with, 'Glad I could be here amongst you godless trash' with a Southern accent.
Yes I'll drop out of my Rapture prophet character here to state "Pastor Harry Hardwick" was fantastic (I watched all his YouTubes). Were it a country filled with people like us, he probably could have earned a living being a stand-up comedian. His material was gold - I split my gut laughing when I first heard him. The other guy, Deacon Fred (I think - yep) was good too, but there's nothing like a huge fat guy, with a type of complacent authoritative complex, to really put the shine-on. He was really intelligent too - he knew the Bible down-pat. I assume he was raised in a Baptist household, and was probably being directed to become a preacher, but took the other route. Unfortunately there was no pay-check for him as a satirical preacher lol.

In our parents era, Christianity was still a no-go zone for ridicule. There was still an air of respect for it you could observe on shows like the Dean Martin Show (and Roasts) (mainly through not touching the topic, unless the comedian was Jewish - like Don Rickles lol - he would reference it, and the rest (the White gentiles) would laugh (as they had no stake in the matter anyway, having all dropped the faith themselves lol)). Again, the faith (Christianity) has nothing to do with the people and nations of Europe ... so, why would anyone care (?) and now we have hilarious adult cartoons like South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty, ... even the Simpsons, delivering the final death blows. Shows like Tim and Eric Awesome Show - Great Job, Million Dollar Extreme, and Justin Roiland TV take the bashing to a whole new level lol. Sad in some ways, but liberating in others. Once Queen Elizabeth II is dead, and Prince Charles and William take command of the Anglican Church, I suspect (or at least hope) changes will be made to finally give Europeans for the first time in roughly 1400 years (at least in the case of Britain) a spiritual community center for their people instead of a deracinating indoctrination centre for a derivation of Jewish folklore (created by the Romans) that renders them generally mindless and completely indifferent to each other, their nation, and heritage. Glory, glory hallelujah :

An aside about the Insane Clown Posse (one bottom-of-the-poverty-barrel white guy and one similarly poor white-injun hybrid make it big lol):

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ne+clown+posse
Images of Joseph Bruce and Joseph Utsler from the Insane Clown Posse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_J#Early_life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy...#Personal_life

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 23rd, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #14
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Yes I'll drop out of my Rapture prophet character here to state "Pastor Harry Hardwick" was fantastic (I watched all his YouTubes). Were it a country filled with people like us, he probably could have earned a living being a stand-up comedian. His material was gold - I split my gut laughing when I first heard him. The other guy, Deacon Fred (I think - yep) was good too, but there's nothing like a huge fat guy, with a type of complacent authoritative complex, to really put the shine-on. He was really intelligent too - he knew the Bible down-pat. I assume he was raised in a Baptist household, and was probably being directed to become a preacher, but took the other route. Unfortunately there was no pay-check for him as a satirical preacher lol.

In our parents era, Christianity was still a no-go zone for ridicule. There was still an air of respect for it you could observe on shows like the Dean Martin Show (and Roasts) (mainly through not touching the topic, unless the comedian was Jewish - like Don Rickles lol - he would reference it, and the rest (the White gentiles) would laugh (as they had no stake in the matter anyway, having all dropped the faith themselves lol)). Again, the faith (Christianity) has nothing to do with the people and nations of Europe ... so, why would anyone care (?) and now we have hilarious adult cartoons like South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty, ... even the Simpsons, delivering the final death blows. Shows like Tim and Eric Awesome Show - Great Job, Million Dollar Extreme, and Justin Roiland TV take the bashing to a whole new level lol. Sad in some ways, but liberating in others. Once Queen Elizabeth II is dead, and Prince Charles and William take command of the Anglican Church, I suspect (or at least hope) changes will be made to finally give Europeans for the first time in roughly 1400 years (at least in the case of Britain) a spiritual community center for their people instead of a deracinating indoctrination centre for a derivation of Jewish folklore (created by the Romans) that renders them generally mindless and completely indifferent to each other, their nation, and heritage. Glory, glory hallelujah :

Insane Clown Posse - Hellalujah

An aside about the Insane Clown Posse (one bottom-of-the-poverty-barrel white guy and one similarly poor white-injun hybrid make it big lol):

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ne+clown+posse
Images of Joseph Bruce and Joseph Utsler from the Insane Clown Posse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_J#Early_life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy...#Personal_life
Great post up til Insane Clown Posse.

I would rather clean my ears with steak knives than hear that nigger shit.

I especially dislike the notion that if you are not on team (((Jesus)))--aka 'the short bus'--you are a degenerate nigga wannabe.

...likely not your intent, but brings up the point. I had someone once ask me, upon finding out I was an Atheist, how much I drink. I said, not at all. He looked flaberghasted, like Atheism and beer were an expected pair.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #15
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Woodpecker

Quote:
Great post up til Insane Clown Posse.

I would rather clean my ears with steak knives than hear that nigger shit.

I especially dislike the notion that if you are not on team (((Jesus)))--aka 'the short bus'--you are a degenerate nigga wannabe.

...likely not your intent, but brings up the point. I had someone once ask me, upon finding out I was an Atheist, how much I drink. I said, not at all. He looked flaberghasted, like Atheism and beer were an expected pair.
Thumbs given. Ya, I never listened to them (ICP), nor ever gave wigger music the time of day, nor remembered they existed, but was google searching the word "hellalujah" to make sure I spelled it correctly, and that song was sitting there at the top of a google search - in Canada lol (I then remembered Rick and Morty referencing them). So I investigated and listened to them - the lyrics - they resonated with my theme (and so I posted). I then researched more (links provided above), and found it interesting to note firstly, the lead vocalist was White (I didn't know this before), and secondly (IMO), this white guy used a painted clown face to mask himself to get his message across (which is in a way, similar to what most of us here do through avatars, except beauties such as yourself ). Oddly enough now, when I google search "hallelujah", the song at the top of the search has been changed to the multiracial band Pentatonix (all within a day - it must be something to do with google's organic search engine OR it's almost like the authorities are responding to our postings in real-time lol). I'll spare us a direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...h+-+Pentatonix

Are you single Emily (?), cuz I think I'm in love lol. Goshdang we need more women like you. Cheers (with non-alcoholic beer)

Edit: I just figured it out - I google searched "hellalujah" instead of "hallelujah" and the different spellings produce the different songs ... lesson learned.

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 23rd, 2017 at 11:01 PM.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #16
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Quote:
I had someone once ask me, upon finding out I was an Atheist, how much I drink. I said, not at all. He looked flaberghasted, like Atheism and beer were an expected pair.
Quote:
Cheers (with non-alcoholic beer)
Here's the best drunk I've ever known (except he didn't drink when performing as far as I know):

I myself used to be an atheist, but have learned through observation what I think that Greek Heraclitus did, several thousand years ago, about this Thing called the Logos (the hard way). Goddamn nature. Anyways, that's probably more of an unpleasant male phenomenon, in addition to drinking (I haven't drank in 3 months, but had a few beers tonight, with some non-alcoholic beers and some limeaide on the side - because I'm a Limey, you see lol). AAaaaaaahhh ... that's enough from me for tonight. I'll have to snail mail Linder some $$$ ... I'm starting to build up a tab here . lol

Oh and shit, I just noticed we made it past Sept 23rd ok without the Rapture lol ... no doubt in part to my thoughts and actions herein (burp lol) ... one never knows (about God and the universe - maybe my prayer spared us lol), one never knows .... lol. Aaaaahhh I'm going to bed ... lol (I'm drunk as a fart lol)

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 26th, 2017 at 12:26 AM.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #17
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Thumbs given. Ya, I never listened to them (ICP), nor ever gave wigger music the time of day, nor remembered they existed, but was google searching the word "hellalujah" to make sure I spelled it correctly, and that song was sitting there at the top of a google search - in Canada lol (I then remembered Rick and Morty referencing them). So I investigated and listened to them - the lyrics - they resonated with my theme (and so I posted). I then researched more (links provided above), and found it interesting to note firstly, the lead vocalist was White (I didn't know this before), and secondly (IMO), this white guy used a painted clown face to mask himself to get his message across (which is in a way, similar to what most of us here do through avatars, except beauties such as yourself ). Oddly enough now, when I google search "hallelujah", the song at the top of the search has been changed to the multiracial band Pentatonix (all within a day - it must be something to do with google's organic search engine OR it's almost like the authorities are responding to our postings in real-time lol). I'll spare us a direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...h+-+Pentatonix

Are you single Emily (?), cuz I think I'm in love lol. Goshdang we need more women like you. Cheers (with non-alcoholic beer)

Edit: I just figured it out - I google searched "hellalujah" instead of "hallelujah" and the different spellings produce the different songs ... lesson learned.
Not single, but you are forgiven, since your confessional included much flattery.

Pentatonix are also scary, for different reasons--mostly cuz they cover Bieber.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #18
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Here's the best drunk I've ever known (except he didn't drink when performing as far as I know):

Dean Martin & Foster Brooks - The Bar/Brain Surgeon
Dean Martin, Ken Lane & Foster Brooks - The Bar/Airline PIlot

I myself used to be an atheist, but have learned through observation what I think that Greek Heraclitus did, several thousand years ago, about this Thing called the Logos (the hard way). Goddamn nature. Anyways, that's probably more of an unpleasant male phenomenon, in addition to drinking (I haven't drank in 3 months, but had a few beers tonight, with some non-alcoholic beers and some limeaide on the side - because I'm sortof a limey, you see lol). AAaaaaaahhh ... that's enough from me for tonight. I'll have to snail mail Linder some $$$ ... I'm starting to build up a tab here . lol

Oh and shit, I just noticed we made it past Sept 23rd ok without the Rapture lol ... no doubt in part to my thoughts and actions herein (burp lol) ... one never knows (about God and the universe), one never knows .... lol. Aaaaahhh I'm going to bed ... lol (I'm drunk as a fart lol)
When you are un-drunk, Rev. Smithwick, you must 'splain.

Logos is the appeal to logic-ethos is ethical appeal, pathos is emotional appeal...Heraclitus is the 'everything flows' guy. 'You never step in the same river twice'.

One can hold that philosophy, since everything being fluid is very self-evident, and be 'Atheos'.

Old September 23rd, 2017 #19
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default ...Speaking of Christ Insanity...

Here are some interesting beliefs Mormons have that fit the bill for nutty and prima facie wrong:

-The earth is 7,000 years old. They use Mount St. Helens wrongly for this, could take up a chunk of bandwidth and show why that's wrong.

-Dinosaur bones are from other planets, from creatures destroyed when earth was created. They fail to say what creatures and from what planets.

-If you are a nigger, and become a Mormon, your skin will become White. Same for Injuns, Mestizos, etc.
Being Mormon turns you White.

-There's more than one heaven--the more awesome you were, the better one you gets to go to. The more wimmun a man has, the better the planet he gets to live on.

-Drinking tea=sin.

There's more but that's enough for most to dismiss the doorbell ringers in the uniform with a hearty 'no thank you'.

Old September 24th, 2017 #20
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Quote:
When you are un-drunk, Rev. Smithwick, you must 'splain.

Logos is the appeal to logic-ethos is ethical appeal, pathos is emotional appeal...
I never really lose my mental faculties when drunk (although I may say something different tomorrow when I read this again lol) ... must be the Irish in me.

I guess I've observed the Logospathos then. You're very intelligent (I didn't know of that distinction).

To put it plainly, there's something panentheist about this reality, as opposed to strictly pantheist/atheistic (although that might just be semantics in terms of the difference between panentheist and pantheist). In other words, there's something reactive about the mind and nature that can't be explained by mere coincidence (IMO).

From my experiences, there's "something", perhaps that should be spelled with a capital 'S', that can do things, like make a thud sound in perfect tandem/synchronicity (as Dr Jung once described) with my thought(s) (so that I hopefully internalize a value or concept (I've eventually noticed)). Now, I don't have any evidence of this thing / phenomenon. A camcorder going wouldn't necessarily help because you couldn't read my mind when the subtle, seemingly insignificant and boring event happens (although, if there were a verbal exchange with someone (the way Jung and Freud once noticed, when there were a couple of knocks behind Jung's bookcase when they were discussing ideas about the paranormal and "catalytic exteriorization phenomena"), then that might be considered a type of evidence worthy of documentation). Tom Campbell's 'My Big TOE' is a type of update on this theory.

Well Beautiful, you've triggered me to be more articulate and burn more time on a forum than I usually wood (oops, I mean would lol). Often think it's women like you who drove Western civilization to be the first. It's the beauty that inspires (plain and simple).

Quote:
Heraclitus is the 'everything flows' guy. 'You never step in the same river twice'.
Ya, well and it's sortof true what he said, although much has remained the same over the past several thousand years he's been away (earth, water, trees and the same animals are still here, starry nights, etc.) But civilization has moved forward. The only constant in time is a bit of change, as the saying goes. I like this thing called the internet, which that poor bloke never got to experience lol.

Quote:
One can hold that philosophy, since everything being fluid is very self-evident, and be 'Atheos'.
Well said. And I don't think there's much to gain from the "logospatheos" (as we just coined tonight) aside from a fool like me perhaps gaining something from that mysterious force in the form of remembering / internalizing the basics, over and over again. Well, goodnight Beautiful. I'm going to bed (alone of course lol, as I think Heraclitus often did, sadly lol). Aaaahhh, I gotta get a life and a wife again. We have a beautiful girl living here with my male roommate and I... she never accepts either of our invitations. Aaaahhh women ... lol.

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 26th, 2017 at 12:28 AM.

Thread