VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > General Discussion
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old December 15th, 2017 #1
NotFunny
Banned

Default when i check out at kroger, in the self checkout there's an annoying nagging female voice bossing you around now

I just think it's interesting the human employees are told to run around saying 'hi' and be polite but the second it's an unaccountable robot voice all that goes out the window. that's our future.

it gives you .1 seconds to 'place the item in the bagging area' before this woman's voice starts nagging you. and it's STUPID, why does it even matter? i already scanned the item, there's not enough room on the bagging shelf to put many things, you have to put them in the cart. it should be nagging you if you put something in the bagging area without scanning it. the nagging doesn't even make sense. the female nagging is 'human' in that regard.

Old December 15th, 2017 #2
Tony Boone

Because under the bagging area is a scale. When you scan an item its weight is then determined to ensure correct item and pricing. The computer expects to see a specific weight for every item scanned.

Now you know.

Old December 15th, 2017 #3
NotFunny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Boone View Post
Because under the bagging area is a scale. When you scan an item its weight is then determined to ensure correct item and pricing. The computer expects to see a specific weight for every item scanned.

Now you know.
yes correct BUT you are missing the point. it's already been scanned , it doesn't need to be on the scale. you can chose 'do not bag'. if it senses an item that was NOT scanned then it would mean you did not pay for it and thus would be a problem for the profit computer

Old December 15th, 2017 #4
Tony Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFunny View Post
yes correct BUT you are missing the point. it's already been scanned , it doesn't need to be on the scale. you can chose 'do not bag'. if it senses an item that was NOT scanned then it would mean you did not pay for it and thus would be a problem for the profit computer
You are missing the point. It's a security feature. If the weight of the item isn't consistent with the weight in the database then the system will trigger the human overseeing the whole affair.

Someone could scan a candy bar and then bag a brick of cheese costing three times as much. It's a two-factor security devise used by stores to help with stop loss.

Old December 15th, 2017 #5
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
They assume if you aren't bagging it you could be putting it---and other items---into yer buggy.

So they want to account for the weight of all items, otherwise people could put nothing on the scale, just straight into the cart, and it would enable the niggers to do their five finger discount thing more easily.

Old December 15th, 2017 #6
NotFunny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Boone View Post
You are missing the point. It's a security feature. If the weight of the item isn't consistent with the weight in the database then the system will trigger the human overseeing the whole affair.

Someone could scan a candy bar and then bag a brick of cheese costing three times as much. It's a two-factor security devise used by stores to help with stop loss.
if i was going to do that why wouldn't i just throw the brick of cheese in the cart, why bother trying to fool it by scanning the candy bar? if they don't see me switching items why would they see me just putting it in the cart?

Old December 15th, 2017 #7
NotFunny
Banned

well the POINT was the voice is an annoying nagging female's voice that's extremely impatient. like they are a nitpicking bitch. not the 'oh please, thank you' conditioned humans, since it's a robot it can be rude and unpleasantly critical.

Old December 15th, 2017 #8
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
if i was going to do that why wouldn't i just throw the brick of cheese in the cart, why bother trying to fool it by scanning the candy bar? if they don't see me switching items why would they see me just putting it in the cart?
You've gotta scan something and do a transaction to leave the store. Scan the cheap stuff and slip in a few expensive items when bagging, it is a common as dirt shoplifter thing since done at self scans.

I'm guessing you never had one of those awesome store jobs where you watch vids on loss prevention, lol.

Awesomely funny vids of niggers trying to steal and failing even at stealing. One tried to steal a leather coat and all the coats of that price range were tied together, he grabbed it, ran, and took the whole rack with him, breaking the window.

Still held onto it and tried to run with the whole rack, that's how stupid.

Old December 15th, 2017 #9
NotFunny
Banned

ok i see your point, it would be slightly less conspicuous to fake scan items, i get it. Niggers walk out the door with carts full of groceries though all the time, they don't bother fake scanning shit

Old December 15th, 2017 #10
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
well the POINT was the voice is an annoying nagging female's voice that's extremely impatient. like they are a nitpicking bitch. not the 'oh please, thank you' conditioned humans, since it's a robot it can be rude and unpleasantly critical.
Yeah, them nitpicking robo biaoches are the worst. Siri is worse than the checker ones, she demands I turn left when I want to go a different way.

Since they are phasing out the old I phone models, and I will not pay a thousand bucks for a phone, I say Siri must die.

Old December 15th, 2017 #11
NotFunny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
You've gotta scan something and do a transaction to leave the store. Scan the cheap stuff and slip in a few expensive items when bagging, it is a common as dirt shoplifter thing since done at self scans.

I'm guessing you never had one of those awesome store jobs where you watch vids on loss prevention, lol.

Awesomely funny vids of niggers trying to steal and failing even at stealing. One tried to steal a leather coat and all the coats of that price range were tied together, he grabbed it, ran, and took the whole rack with him, breaking the window.

Still held onto it and tried to run with the whole rack, that's how stupid.
well i'm assuming if someone is watching you scan shit on video they would notice you fake scanning things. of course the weight system eliminates the need somewhat to watch every little thing they do.

i mean i could scan everything then just throw it in with other stuff at the end when someone isn't looking. the video is going to have to catch it either way.

Old December 15th, 2017 #12
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
well i'm assuming if someone is watching you scan shit on video they would notice you fake scanning things. of course the weight system eliminates the need somewhat to watch every little thing they do.

i mean i could scan everything then just throw it in with other stuff at the end when someone isn't looking. the video is going to have to catch it either way.
It's like having a lock on your door--someone can still get it open perhaps, but you made it harder than if it were unlocked.

They've got full sized checkouts at Wal-Mart now in ND with ample room to bag it all.

The real issue is that they are doing this to avoid paying for human beings to work for them. You have to bag your own stuff, which I actually don't mind if I can get out of the place faster, but that's why they have 'em, not for your convenience.

Old December 15th, 2017 #13
NotFunny
Banned

my point was AI machines will be programmed to be utterly ruthless and merciless

slaughterbot drones will follow you out of the store and assassinate you for not 'placing the item in the bagging area' fast enough

Old December 15th, 2017 #14
Jeffrey Smither

I like self checkout machines for buying a few items it gets you out quicker.

My main beef is the retailers abuse them and end up only having one regular lane open so if you have more than a few items or large items you must wait in line for 10 minutes.

Homie Depot is like this. Have self checkout and then ONE lane open for the entire store to use which can get really backed up if one is buying a lot of large items such as lumber and pipes.

I would be fine with them but almost every retailer uses them in order to not have regular registers open which then makes it a pain in the ass to checkout.

Especially sucks at Chinamart when you have a cart full of groceries and they only got like 3 regular lanes open. Last week I stood in line for almost 15 minutes to checkout with my groceries.

Old December 16th, 2017 #15
Ray Allan

I dislike using self-checkouts precisely because it is taking a job away from a human. The only times I will use one is if the other checkout lines are long with other shoppers' carts loaded full while I only have a couple of items and don't want to wait.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 16th, 2017 #16
Tony Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I dislike using self-checkouts precisely because it is taking a job away from a human. The only times I will use one is if the other checkout lines are long with other shoppers' carts loaded full while I only have a couple of items and don't want to wait.
I'd rather use self check out instead of dealing with an uppity cashier. Quicker too.

Old December 16th, 2017 #17
Susan

Good grief NF: I shop at Kroger all the time and always use the self check out. Yes, that bitch voice annoys the hell outta me too.

Just hit the symbol--a megaphone or loudspeaker I think--until the sound is muted. The symbol is at the bottom of the screen on the right. I do it every time. Problem solved. No whining necessary.

Thread