VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 5th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Celts

- - -

The Celts are, in a way, a mysterious people . .

They left no written records when it came to their realms.

. . about the origin of the Celts . . some say they were first detected in the area where today is Turkey, Asia Minor . .

- - -

Celts, it is said, are characterized by red hair . .

Concerning migration waves of the Celts . .

The first they were spotted was Asia Minor , they went over Eastern Europe until they founded new realms in Western Europe . .

That's when the 'action' started.

At about the time of the huge Celtic settlements in Western Europe ( areas like today's France , Spain , British Isles for example ) , the city-state of Rome also came into being . . They claimed power in Europe. The quarrels between the Celts and Rome are legendary.

- - -

. . how did it go on with the Celts . .?

After the Christianization of Europe they more or less lived in diaspora all across Europe . .

Two areas with still a strong Celtic influence until today are for example the French Bretagne and the British Isles.

Concerning the British Isles . . The first inhabitants of them in newer times were 100 per cent Celts . . All across the British Isles.

The first people to found a Germanic state on the British Isles were the Anglos and the Saxons ( both coming from Europe's mainland ) . .

They founded the state 'Anglia' ( England ) . They more or less drove the original Celtic settlers towards Wales in the west and Scotland in the north . .

These areas , until today , have a strong Celtic influence.

Concerning the French Bretagne . . like I said , once Celts lived all across the area of today's France . . But the Franks claimed that area later.Today's Bretagne is more of less what remains of that originally strong Celtic influence.

- - -

A 'dark chapter' in Celtic history , though ,one might say , were the so-called 'witch-hunts' . .

Explanation . . what is today known as 'witchcraft' is said to be heavily influenced by Celts . .

Celtic paganism that is.

In fact even the word 'witch' is said to stem from 'wicca' , meaning 'wise woman' . .

Priestesses had a high rank within Celtic society. . They were known as 'the wise women' . .

. . they were into herb-science , some even go so far to say that they practised 'occult rituals' . .

Pretty much like the Druids are pictured today (the druids werd Celtic priests )

Problem . . during the Middle Ages there was a lot of suspicion concerning Celts who still held on to their pagan ways . . Apart from that it was a time of superstition against redheads . .

So . . there were 'witch-hunts' . .

- - -

Like I said , the countries with , until today , a strong Celtic influence are the British Isles and parts of continental Europe . .

It used to be stronger though . .

Old June 5th, 2019 #2
Sartt
Banned

Wink

>.> Celt Hut https://i.pinimg.com/736x/53/bb/2c/5...ic-culture.jpg But in all seriousness
i was actually reading up on the Celts last month, the celts are actually one of the few people to practice actual magic, and have people who are able to do it today. The Celts came from the east somewhere, and have been constantly pushed west, by other europeans, their written language is derived from greek and other forms of italian languages, as they had no script before hand. https://www.packrat-pro.com/celts/celtstudy.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insular_script

https://www.omniglot.com/writing/clogaelach.htm

Last edited by Sartt; June 5th, 2019 at 06:34 AM.

Old June 5th, 2019 #3
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

I've read they also settled in North America before Columbus and constructed monuments with inscriptions on them. Since there were no Christians in North America at that time, the monuments, along with their inscriptions, were preserved, whereas the corresponding ones in Ireland were destroyed.
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old June 5th, 2019 #4
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
I've read they also settled in North America before Columbus and constructed monuments with inscriptions on them.
. . are you sure you aren't talking about the Vikings . . ?

Quote:
Since there were no Christians in North America at that time, the monuments, along with their inscriptions, were preserved, whereas the corresponding ones in Ireland were destroyed.
You're right , Christians as such often showed a bit of hostility towards redheads ( which Celtic people were ) . .

The problem . . even after the huge Celtic influence in Europe ceased they still lived in diaspora.

Other peoples , like the Saxons and the Franks were won for Christendom quite quickly.

Whereas Celts still largely held on to their 'original faith' . . That original faith included listening to the Druids who were their priest-caste and performing rituals which , from the then-point of view must have come across as un-christian ..

So . . the 'witch-persecution' was born . . Like I said , even the word 'witch' derives from 'Wicca' ( = wise woman ) , a celtic priestess . .

. . of course medieval Christians didn't know anything about the Celts and their history ( after all ,they didn't even leave written records behind ) , unlike us today , they simply saw that there were some people with red hair and became superstituous.

Old June 5th, 2019 #5
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . are you sure you aren't talking about the Vikings . . ?
No, it was definitely the Celts, as the author of the book said they were the same people as the Irish, but that the corresponding monuments in Ireland were defaced by Christians. I have since been unable to find the book, but Billy Roper has a chapter about them in his book Paleoamerican Diversity entitled The Red Ochre People, if I remember correctly.
All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Old September 5th, 2019 #6
ColdFire
Banned

Specific countries which until today are still very conscious of their Celtic past are for example Ireland and Scotland . . these two countries it is said are also the countries with the highest concentration of red hair.

The Irish still live out Celtic customs and the Scots even until today live in their 'clans' , the men even wearing kilts ( trousers in the classical sense were an invention which reached Europe relatively late , before that both males and females both used to wear long dresses , sometimes referred to as 'togas' . . ) . . Their tribal thinking even goes back as far before trousers even became fashion for European men. Each clan until today for them has a different design. They also still use the bagpipe. At a time the bagpipe was much more distributed across Europe , today the Scots still use it . .

Like I said , until today the British Isles have a large Celtic influence/ tradition . .

Old September 5th, 2019 #7
Aodhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
Specific countries which until today are still very conscious of their Celtic past are for example Ireland and Scotland . . these two countries it is said are also the countries with the highest concentration of red hair.

The Irish still live out Celtic customs and the Scots even until today live in their 'clans' , the men even wearing kilts ( trousers in the classical sense were an invention which reached Europe relatively late , before that both males and females both used to wear long dresses , sometimes referred to as 'togas' . . ) . . Their tribal thinking even goes back as far before trousers even became fashion for European men. Each clan until today for them has a different design. They also still use the bagpipe. At a time the bagpipe was much more distributed across Europe , today the Scots still use it . .

Like I said , until today the British Isles have a large Celtic influence/ tradition . .
Bagpipes originated in India

Old September 7th, 2019 #8
Jack Dillenburger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodhan View Post
Bagpipes originated in India
..you got evidence for that..?

Old September 8th, 2019 #9
Owain Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dillenburger View Post
..you got evidence for that..?
No, he does not, as different forms of bagpipes originated independently of each other in different continents & at different times, so they didn't originate from a single source.

Old September 18th, 2019 #10
ColdFire
Banned

. . I also heard that the Celtic /Gaelic languages spoken alledgedly aren't that different from each other as is the case for probably all languages which are related yet I even heard that when people from the French Bretagne , from Wales , from Scotland and from Ireland who speak the indigenous languages of old all can alledgedly understand each other ( ! ) . . .
So , those languages , even though having waves of migration and territorial separation behind them cannot have that much dissented from each other over the course of time . . .

For example , whiskey , the beverage , one of the most popular in the Celtic-stemming world, that expression comes from the gaelic expression "uisge beatha" , old gaelic , meaning 'water of life' . .
I don't think though , in the Germanic world , a Swede , a Dutchman and an Englishman without having insights into the other ones' languages would understand each other . .

The same could even be said for some dialects . .

So maybe the languages mentioned above remained closer to each other than germanic languages. .

It could also though be explained through the fact that alledgedly the people of today's Bretagne ,Wales, Scotland and Ireland once were one tribe. .

I think though in the Romanic world it also maybe wouldn't be that much of a problem since according to my knowledge the Romanic languages were all more or less based on Latin.

Thread