VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 1st, 2007 #1
Celtic_Patriot

Default VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation device

CISCO routers.

I was the one who advised the Stormfront Administration (I later found out later were, in-effect, Jewish Supremacists) about the particular model of CISCO router to configure and install in their colocation server racks to keep off the DOS attacks.

They did it, took my advice, then as real non-WN's wiped out my post so nobody would know. No thanks, no nothing. Except for a year later banning me because I started a Holhoax thread. The SF DOS attacks were managed after they installed the CISCO router, which does take configuration and you have to keep up to date and keep configuring it. Real gratitude.

Here is a backup post I made concerning a related security issue for Business Security online.

DDoS Mitigation - Dynamic Software Analysis.

Financial security site talks about the new real-time dynamic DDoS attacks that can change on the fly.http://www.usfst.com/pastissue/artic...8938&issue=183

"To make matters worse, attackers are very adept at modifying their attacks to circumvent solutions as they are unveiled. "

A DDoS attack is made up up many hits/requests on a server. They come in through the T3 level backbone cable and onto the server company's fiber optic cables to the server harddrives.

A CISCO appliance is a start for a firewall. With severe targeting some add ons are needed which don't have Israeli ownership to the software and hardware.

VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation device is generally installed inline, between the protected network and its connection to the Internet.

The VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation Appliance sits as a bridge in a network, making selective decisions based on.

http://www.vistalogic.co.uk/index-8.html
http://www.vistalogic.co.uk/pdf/Vista_Mitigation.pdf.

VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation Layer

VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation Layer is powered by Webscreen Technology and uses a patent pending process called CHARM to intelligently filter out unwanted and malicious attack traffic from the servers that are being
protected, while allowing normal traffic to pass through. This technology is embedded into a VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation Appliance. It is a design goal of CHARM technology to filter out 99% of the bad traffic, and to let through
99% of the genuine traffic.

The VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation Appliance sits as a bridge in a network, making selective decisions based on CHARM as to whether to pass on a received packet out of the opposite interface. The CHARM process is applied to packets going in both directions. Conventional thinking only expects decisions to be made on inbound packets, but in practice, decisions have to be made in both directions. Information about a large subset of Internet IP addresses is held within a table known as the INTERNET BEHAVIOUR TABLE. This table tracks behavioural patterns, and understands, for instance, the differences between individuals browsing a website and that of a web-crawler, or between an individual connected via a fast or slow connection.

CHARM scoring and CHARM threshold

CHARM scoring and CHARM threshold are completely dynamic. Where bad users clean up their act, or good users become part of an attack, CHARM will increase/decrease their CHARM scores. When available resources decrease the CHARM threshold rises and CHARM scores must be higher to get through.

VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation device is generally installed inline, between the protected network and its connection to the Internet. Typically it is placed in front of any firewalls, load balancers etc which ensures that they too are
protected from direct attack, high traffic overloads, or other problems which might result in customer denial of service, or a reduction in network uptime. VistaFilter DDoS Mitigation device acts as a transparent bridge on the network, having no IP address of its own that can be attacked remotely. Use of the VistaFilter CHARM technology optimises the productivity of the VistaLogic network and security infrastructures and dramatically lowers operational costs.

http://www.vistalogic.co.uk/index-8.html

http://www.vistalogic.co.uk/pdf/Vista_Mitigation.pdf.

Something to look into for White Nationalist web board Admins.

Old May 1st, 2007 #2
Subrosa
Banned

That sounds excellent. We should explore this further.

Old May 1st, 2007 #3
Jozsef Horvath...

Should we take down Stormfart?

Old May 2nd, 2007 #4
Dietrich
out surfing. won't be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozsef Horvath View Post
Should we take down Stormfart?
Wha? Stormfront is taking down themselves from what I hear. I wouldn't know. I think this is about us not being taken down.

Thread