Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Help > Support > Suggestions
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: confine antis to opposition forum yea or nay?
Yea 16 44.44%
Nay 8 22.22%
Yes and define anti broadly to include all disruptors 9 25.00%
Yes but define anti narrowly 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old February 10th, 2005 #1
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default should we confine antis to oppfor?

Many people have raised a question about whether or not all antis should be confined to the opposition forum. At this time, we have not bothered to do that and allowed people to post pretty freely after 100 posts subject to rules on spamming, flaming, and outing. But the efforts by antis and disruptors who are actually involved in competing "movement" efforts to sabotage this board have reached a fevered pitch.

I think we could do that and still preserve a wide range and latitude for criticism. But I personally dont care for all the flaming and insults and shenanigans and would like to bring more order to this board especially so that it can better fulfil its intended role which is giving people a chance to learn about, debate, and get involved in our efforts to empower White people as such.

What do you think? Question is do we confine antis to opposition forum? Alex Linder will have the final say as forum owner.

Old February 10th, 2005 #2
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

I did some thinking about it and voted option 3.

With the growth of VNN's activities should come a better protection against those who try to sabotage them. And there is still total freedom of speech in the opposition forum. I try to post ideas that might be anti in the opposition forum as well.

Old February 10th, 2005 #3
Paul Drake
Senior Heathen

Default Yes

I'm all for it, AE. Seems like a no-brainer to me. 'Anti-' equals 'opposition' no?
Many schools of thought out there, this place should roughly equal the Alex Linder/VNN brand, IMO.

NO HOPE WITHOUT ROPE

Old February 10th, 2005 #4
Pixi
resident psycho

I think one of the better things about this forum is the free speech. Yes, antis can post till their heart's content in Opp, but there's still an opportunity that they might make a contribution in threads in other sections of the forum. If there has to be some sort of restriction on them, I'd say just lock them out of the activism forum.

Old February 10th, 2005 #5
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I think one of the better things about this forum is the free speech. Yes, antis can post till their heart's content in Opp, but there's still an opportunity that they might make a contribution in threads in other sections of the forum. If there has to be some sort of restriction on them, I'd say just lock them out of the activism forum.
Thanks Pixi I want to say that your contributions and your opinions are valued, even if this issue ends up going in another direction.

Old February 10th, 2005 #6
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

It certainly makes the forum more attractive if there are diverging ideas.

Quote:
If there has to be some sort of restriction on them, I'd say just lock them out of the activism forum.
Excellent idea.

Old February 10th, 2005 #7
COTW
Overseer

Moderate newcomers post’s to fifty.

It may not be feasible but I’m bringing it up anyway. Allowing newcomers to label themselves somehow upon sign-up could ease the situation for moderators. For example, an ‘opposed’, ‘neutral’ or ‘concordant’ label can be self applied and then placed beneath their username. After the 50 post moderation is over they can change it.

Antis should be allowed to post anywhere as we should welcome an opposing view.

The Opposition forum should be where we can address them when desired, as well as vice versa.

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Old February 10th, 2005 #8
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker oftheWhip
Moderate newcomers post’s to fifty.

It may not be feasible but I’m bringing it up anyway. Allowing newcomers to label themselves somehow upon sign-up could ease the situation for moderators. For example, an ‘opposed’, ‘neutral’ or ‘concordant’ label can be self applied and then placed beneath their username. After the 50 post moderation is over they can change it.

Antis should be allowed to post anywhere as we should welcome an opposing view.

The Opposition forum should be where we can address them when desired, as well as vice versa.
We are already moderating to fifty. We dropped it from a hundred. We may have moved it back up to a hundred. Not sure. But we're already doing that, essentially.

The question of selecting to register as opposition is interesting. I wonder if that can be done with this software. I'm no tech.

Old February 10th, 2005 #9
King_Tiger
this... is my boomstick!

The more the merrier...

Old February 10th, 2005 #10
Sean Martin

Truth will stand to criticism. Truth will stand to healthy debate. I say let them roam around as long they are involved in healthy debate without degenerating into worthless rants. Allow people to see both sides of the argument.

One of the things we criticize the Jews over is their vicious attempt to silence any opposition to their agenda. I think by allowing these people to show their side will erase all doubts of white superiority.

As long as they are not out to destroy members or the forum I don’t see a problem.

You only censor what you fear.

Old February 10th, 2005 #11
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I think BMF is funny and am convinced he's a White guy posing as a Negroe.
Maybe we should move fat people to a fat forum. Hmmm. Maybe I should poll the question

Old February 10th, 2005 #12
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
Truth will stand to criticism. Truth will stand to healthy debate. I say let them roam around as long they are involved in healthy debate without degenerating into worthless rants. Allow people to see both sides of the argument.

One of the things we criticize the Jews over is their vicious attempt to silence any opposition to their agenda. I think by allowing these people to show their side will erase all doubts of white superiority.

As long as they are not out to destroy members or the forum I don’t see a problem.

You only censor what you fear.
I bolded the problem. Our threads are and have been degenerating into worthless rants. Probably have been from the beginning. I am wondering what would happen if we tuned down the rant factor; perhaps more thoughtful discussions would ensue? Perhaps something useful would get done? Think for a minute about how much space has been giving to teasing Sean Martin. OK, I confess I engaged in it too. But seriously: what did that accomplish?

Old February 10th, 2005 #13
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Think for a minute about how much space has been giving to teasing Sean Martin. OK, I confess I engaged in it too. But seriously: what did that accomplish?
The fact is as long as I continue to post pro-Christian threads or posts people will be flaming me. I do get a lot of compliments on my ideas concerning family and race through reputation and PM’s. Many who like some of the things I say when I am being serious don’t say so in open because of my controversial nature.

I have been trying to cut down on the flames and keep the posts to actual discussion as of late. However when it comes to the subject of religion, which it is obvious I hold it dear, it is near impossible to not break out into a flame war.

With that being said with freedom comes a price. You must realize your objectives and goals. If you want the board to be used for activism only make stricter rules and you will have about 10% of the posts you have now. If you want free speech and a good alexia rating bite the bullet deal with the flames.

I do believe there should be some moderation and I think the threads on activism, civil forum, home schooling and very important things of that nature should be highly moderated because they are informative and don’t need to be destroyed with arguing.

Old February 10th, 2005 #14
Phantasm

Exclamation Its just common sense...

As White Nationalist forums continue to provide a means for exchange of ideas within the movement... its only common sense that an "Opposition Forum" be used to confine those who disrupt discussions that would otherwise be productive. We White Nationalists have enough disagreements to iron-out without having to worry about the usual trolls disrupting the entire forum. Think about it... most of us can't even agree on what it means to be a White Nationalist. With this in mind... do we really want the saboteurs roaming free amongst us?

Old February 11th, 2005 #15
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

But there the problem is that especially jews claim they are white. So I prefer judging people's posts, not who they supposedly are in real life.

Also I have nothing against allying with those of non-aryan ancestry.

Old February 12th, 2005 #16
Phantasm

Question Non-White allies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999
Also I have nothing against allying with those of non-aryan ancestry.
That would only be against the Jews though... right?

Old February 12th, 2005 #17
Herman van Houten
Ausrotter

Yes. The jew is the only real enemy. Without jews, the niggers, muslims and mestizo's and who knows what else would be no big problem at all.

Old February 13th, 2005 #18
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
I bolded the problem. Our threads are and have been degenerating into worthless rants. Probably have been from the beginning. I am wondering what would happen if we tuned down the rant factor; perhaps more thoughtful discussions would ensue? Perhaps something useful would get done? Think for a minute about how much space has been giving to teasing Sean Martin. OK, I confess I engaged in it too. But seriously: what did that accomplish?
It's a tough job policing VNNF and determining who the deliberate subversives are. As William Pierce said, "The internet is the perfect media for liars."

However, the job must be done, if VNNF is to become an effective resistance weapon against ZOG and the jews. And I don't know of anyone who'd be more objective and less biased than A.E., in making command decisions, and then banning those he determines are deliberate subversives, or confining them to the opposition forum.

Personally, I'd relish the job, confine a least half a dozen right off the bat, then enjoy their subsequent cry-baby belly-achings from them and their GD accomplices, be they punk hobbyists or deliberate subversives, themselves.

Old February 13th, 2005 #19
Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999
Yes. The jew is the only real enemy. Without jews, the niggers, muslims and mestizo's and who knows what else would be no big problem at all.
EXACTLY !!! And the so-called jew-wise VNN'ers who disagree with NAMING THE GD JEWS, are either brainwashed idiots who need to spend a week at govnn.com, or deliberate subversives therefore accomplices of the jews.

Old February 13th, 2005 #20
Keystone
Kindly Hearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder
deliberate subversives
Who's a "deliberate subversive" by your definition?

Thread