Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > United Kingdom
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 3rd, 2012 #101
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
A former press officer claims that the former BBC Radio 1 controller 'knew about the sexual abuse allegations made about Sir Jimmy Savile.'

Rodney Collins claimed today that the late Douglas Muggeridge, an ex-Radio 1 controller, told him to investigate whether newspapers were looking into claims that Savile had sexually abused underage girls in 1973, it was reported today.

But after learning that the accusations would not be published, Mr Muggeridge did not launch an inquiry, the former head of press claims.

The TV star, who died last year aged 84, has been accused of sexually abusing underage girls, with a slew of women who claim they were his victims coming forward to make the allegations.

Mr Collins alleges that Mr Muggeridge had heard rumours involving young girls and the Top Of The Pops presenter, and asked him to quiz newspapers about the accusations and whether they were going to publish them.

After asking two tabloid newspapers and two evening papers, Mr Collins says he was told the press had heard of the allegations, but were not printing the details.

He told Media Guardian that he had urged the BBC to launch a full internal inquiry and said that Mr Muggeridge would have investigated if he thought the rumours were genuine.

He told the Guardian: 'Douglas Muggeridge was an incredibly honourable man and had he thought there was legs to it then I think he would not have left it with me making inquiries.'

The head of press says he also believes that then managing director of BBC radio, Ian Trethowan, who died in 1990 and later became director general of the BBC, also knew of the claims.

The commemorative plaque outside Sir Jimmy Savile's flat in Scarborough has been vandalised after allegations have been made about the TV presenter

Mr Collins said he was uncertain where the former Radio 1 controller had heard the allegations, but believed he did not question Savile directly about them once he learned the press would not publish anything.

A BBC spokesman told the Guardian: 'The BBC has conducted searches of the BBC's files and has not found any written record of misconduct or allegations of misconduct by Jimmy Savile during his time at the BBC.

'We are of course keeping our searches for information under review as and when new information comes to light.'

Mr Collins also said that he thought newspapers were reluctant to print any of the claims because of the huge donations that the DJ made to charity.

Mr Collins said: 'Here was a man raising tens of thousands of pounds for charity and that makes newspapers think twice before frankly blowing a hole in someone's image,' the Guardian reported.

The head of press also says that nobody had said to him that the police were aware of the sordid accusations and if he thought officers had been aware, he would have recommended Mr Muggeridge hire investigators.
Revealing how Savile kept a lid on the sex abuse claims, Mr Gambaccini said: 'You just didn't mess with Jim.'

Savile was knighted in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list in 1990 - an award which followed the OBE he was given for services to charity and broadcasting in 1971.

The new accusations come as the BBC has made a humiliating U-turn as it finally announced a joint inquiry with police into claims that Savile abused underage girls.

The about-face came on the eve of tonight’s devastating ITV programme, Exposure: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile, which will allege that the star exploited his fame to rape and molest girls as young as 12.

In the past few days, the BBC insisted it had searched old files and found ‘no record’ of any misconduct.

But a chorus of victims has claimed Savile groomed them by offering tickets to attend his hit shows such as Top of the Pops and his Radio One show.

The scandal around the dead star has deepened, with some vandals daubing 'paedophile' and 'rapist' on the commemorative plaque outside his former Scarborough home.

The fresh accusations come after it was alleged today that the Jim'll Fix It star raped a woman when she was 16.

The grandmother, now 65, claims she met Savile in 1963 when she was invited to speak on Radio Luxembourg, for which he was a DJ, about her Elvis Presley fan club.

He told her he was going to meet Elvis the following month and asked her to give him a photograph of herself that he could show The King.

The teenager obliged and was delighted when, upon his return, Savile phoned her home to invite her to his London hotel because

he had a gift to give her ‘from Elvis’.

The junior secretary walked to his Russell Square hotel after work, feeling ‘as if I had died and gone to heaven because I was about to speak to a man who had met Elvis’.

But she says when he answered the door to his hotel room he was wearing his pyjamas, pinned her against a wall and then raped her.

The BBC were unavailable to comment when contacted by MailOnline.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212335/Radio-1-boss-knew-Jimmy-Savile-sex-abuse-allegations-1970s-concerned-emerge-Press.html

If this turns out to be true, the BBC is surely in the brown sticky stuff. Isn't it a crime to knowingly cover up a crime?

Old October 4th, 2012 #102
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Gary Glitter raped a girl of 13 in Sir Jimmy Savile’s BBC dressing room, it was claimed last night.

The attack in the 1970s allegedly took place as Savile was himself groping a 14-year-old in the same room.

A third star – a household-name entertainer who still performs – was also abusing a schoolgirl, according to the claims.

They were made by Karin Ward, a former pupil of the Surrey school where Savile is accused of preying on under-age girls.

She waived her anonymity to tell an ITV documentary screened last night how the Jim’ll Fix It star was in cahoots with pop paedophile Glitter.

Her devastating story was aired as:

The BBC faced fresh claims it hushed up Savile’s abuse.
Newsnight was plunged into a row over why it failed to pass allegations to police.
More women came forward to tell how Savile molested them as teenagers.
It was claimed the star abused girls as young as nine at Jersey’s notorious Haut de la Garenne children’s home.

Mrs Ward said her abuse happened when, aged 14, she and two fellow pupils of Duncroft boarding school for ‘intelligent, emotionally disturbed girls’ in Surrey were invited to London by Savile.

She told ITV News the three vulnerable girls were taken to Savile’s dressing room at BBC Television Centre. She recalled: ‘I saw Gary Glitter have sex with a girl in Jimmy Savile’s dressing room...in that little alcove bit. I didn’t see it completely but that’s what was going on and nobody batted an eyelid.

‘Jimmy Savile had a [14-year-old] girl on his lap and he had his hand up her skirt. The girl Gary Glitter was having sex with also came from Duncroft. I think she might have been not quite 14.’

She said the third star – a well-known entertainer – tried to grope her. ‘It frightened me and freaked me out,’ said Mrs Ward.

‘He humiliated me in front of everyone in the dressing room by saying something really unkind about my lack of breasts.’

Her testimony comes after more than ten other women stepped forward earlier in the week to allege the Top of the Pops presenter abused them when they were children. Savile, who died aged 84 last October, was never charged even though at least five police forces have been investigating claims against him.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212445/Jimmy-Savile-documentary-Gary-Glitter-raped-girl-13-stars-BBC-dressing-room.html

She should name the third entertainer, if he is still performing.

Old October 4th, 2012 #103
john-connor
Banned

http://yiannopoulos.net/2011/10/29/j...start-talking/ National treasure Jimmy Savile is dead. Without meaning to puncture the respectful atmosphere, given all the eulogising going on it is perhaps worth remembering that there was a dark side to this family entertainer too.

Savile, star of children’s television favourite Jim’ll Fix It, sued the Sun in 2008 over a series of articles linking him to Haut de la Garenne, the Jersey children’s home where human remains were found and children were allegedly tortured and sexually abused. He initially denied ever visiting the home, despite photographic evidence to the contrary.

In fact, Savile had close links to managers at the home. A journalist who reported on the case told me there are gruesome revelations waiting to surface that no newspaper felt able to publish at the time, given UK libel law.

And then of course there’s Savile’s reported friendship with Gary Glitter. (A case for phone hacking if ever there was one.)

Now that Savile is dead and no longer able to issue writs, how long before people start talking?

Old October 5th, 2012 #104
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Freddie Starr today denied groping a girl aged 14 at a seedy dressing room party hosted by Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter, saying: ‘Don’t tar me with the same brush as a scumbag and a paedophile.’

The comic, who lives in Studley, Warwickshire, said he hadn’t even met the girl who accused him of drunkenly molesting her at the bash, where Glitter also allegedly had sex with another underage girl.

Starr went on to brand Savile - whom he claims to have only met twice - as a ‘phoney’ and a ‘boring, boring man’.

The 68-year-old - engaged to Sophie Lea, 34, who fell pregnant with his fifth child last November - spoke out after losing an injunction to prevent the press from printing the shocking claims.

Describing the moment he found out about the allegations, he said: ‘The first we heard of all this was when Dean, my lawyer, called us up yesterday after getting an email from ITV.

‘He was panicking, because he’s my mate as well as my QC. He said it was alleged I was in a room with Jimmy Savile, and these two alleged 14-year-old girls.

‘I’ve only met Jimmy Savile maybe twice. He came to see me with his mother at one of my shows. I always thought he was a flash b*****d, but I wanted to meet him before I cast aspersions on his character.

‘He said to me: “Now then young man, I’ve brought the duchess to meet you” - that was his mother. They stayed for 15 or 20 minutes before he left me so I had time to plan what I was going to do in the show.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213390/Freddie-Starr-denies-claims-groped-girl-14-dressing-room-Jimmy-Savile-Gary-Glitter.html

Call me cynical, but ain't it funny how the timing of these various celebrity intergenerational sex enjoyers paedophile revelations has knocked the asian grooming scandal right off the front pages?

Old October 5th, 2012 #105
James Hawthorne

James Hawthorne

Quote:
Gary Glitter raped a girl of 13 in Sir Jimmy Savile’s BBC dressing room, it was claimed last night.

The attack in the 1970s allegedly took place as Savile was himself groping a 14-year-old in the same room.
Always thought Jimmy Savile was a bit off and not quite right if it is true, then a lot of people in the 'business' have been covering up for him.

VNN Media

Old October 5th, 2012 #106
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
A male teacher has claimed Jimmy Savile molested him when he was just 12 after they met on a family day out.

The school tutor, who is now in his 40s and didn't want to named, is the first man to come forward to allege that he was assaulted by the DJ.

So far more than 40 women have reportedly come forward to accuse the TV star of child abuse.

The man told the Daily Mirror: 'We met Jimmy on a day out. I was with my family and he came over and sat with us. I could feel him rubbing my leg under the table – and then moving up to my crotch.

'When I told my family later, they didn’t take it seriously. They said I was imagining it or exaggerating and that Jimmy Savile was a good man.

'But I’ve always known he was a paedophile and I’m glad that all of this has finally surfaced.'

The latest claims come as more alleged victims are coming forward to various organisations on a daily basis with allegations of abuse.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213252/Jimmy-Savile-Now-MAN-claims-groped-Jimmy-Savile-aged-12-Scotland-Yard-leads-inquiry-sex-abuse-allegations-BBC-star.html

If it wasn't for that video of him blatantly groping one of the Nolan sisters when she was young, I'd be wondering roundabout now how much his estate was worth......

I don't doubt he was up to no good, but so many of them?

Old October 6th, 2012 #107
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Back in the Seventies, when Jimmy Savile was at the height of his fame, he was interviewed by a newspaper about the death of a teenage girl.

The youngster was Claire McAlpine. She was just 15 years old and had been a regular dancer in the audience of Top Of The Pops.

On the morning of March 29, 1971, Claire, a former convent school pupil, was found lying on the floor of her bedroom at home in Watford, Hertfordshire, by her distraught mother. She had taken a fatal overdose.

Near her body was a bottle of tablets and her red diary. ‘Don’t laugh at me for being dramatic, but I just can’t take it any more,’ Claire wrote.

It was her last heartbreaking entry to her parents before she killed herself.

On the preceding pages, she had named a string of radio disc jockeys — and other showbusiness personalities, all household names — who, she claimed, had ‘used’ her.

One of the DJs, she said, had taken her to his house for the night and given her a pill which made her feel like she was ‘floating on a cloud’. Another had also invited her back to his ‘sumptuously furnished’ residence.

Savile, then in his 40s, who presented Top Of The Pops, was asked during the interview if he knew or remembered Claire from the show.

‘I studied a photograph of Claire very closely,’ he replied. ‘I cannot recollect ever seeing the girl in my life. They say she came from Watford. I don’t know anyone who lives in Watford.’

The inquest into Claire’s death was held shortly after the article appeared. The coroner ruled that Claire committed suicide after deciding her ‘day-dreams’ of becoming a pop star would never come true.

Claire’s diary was scrutinised by Scotland Yard, but no action was taken against the DJs, who, she alleged, had ‘used’ her for their own sexual gratification.

They were never even questioned, let alone identified. ‘It would be ridiculous to connect anyone or anything mentioned in her diary with reality,’ a police spokesman said at the time.

Or, to put another way, Claire was a portrayed as a troubled fantasist. Her death, however tragic, had nothing to do with a sex scandal involving the showbusiness establishment.

Does anyone reading her story for the first time today really believe that now?

Claire’s family and friends never doubted her.

And someone who knew Claire back then contacted the Mail this week to support the accusations contained in her diary.

The allegations made — and casually dismissed both within and outside the BBC — by Claire McAlpine all those years ago can point only to one dreadful conclusion: that far from being alone, the predatory behaviour displayed by Jimmy Savile, national icon and charity fundraiser, was common among many big showbusiness names of the time.

Indeed, all this week accusations have been appearing in national newspapers about various well-known DJs. How many famous men are sitting at home now terrified that the truth is about to come out?

They may not have been paedophiles (although we know of at least two, namely Jonathan King and former Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning, who were) but they were part of the same culture of permissiveness that allowed the moral boundary surrounding under-age sex to become blurred.

Might this be the real reason for the code of omerta that seems to have prevented many of those who must have known about Jimmy Savile’s predilection for young girls from speaking out?

Even now, almost all the Radio 1 disc jockeys who worked alongside Savile for years have remained silent over the abuse allegations. Only one, Emperor Rosko, real name Mike Pasternak, was more candid when asked about Savile’s sexual misdemeanours.

‘I had heard rumours, but then most of us in the spotlight had rumours to deal with,’ he admitted.

Either way, it is difficult to imagine such a scenario arising in the very changed world of today. Back then, though, Britain was a very different place.

Original copies of Alice Cooper’s 1972 album School’s Out, for example, went on sale with a pair of panties (available in four different colours) wrapped around the record sleeve.

Blind Faith’s debut album (featuring the likes of Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Steve Winwood) was released at around the same time with a topless, pubescent girl on the cover.

One of Eric Clapton’s girlfriends from those days was only 16 when she started going out with him, and Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page was accompanying a 14-year-old model around Hollywood. Yet no one epitomised this laissez-faire sexual morality, which, in one way or another, allowed Jimmy Savile’s vile activities to continue for so long, than the late, saintly John Peel.

Peel, awarded the OBE in 1998, is perhaps best remembered for his Saturday morning programme Home Truths on Radio 4 in which he talked about family life to Middle England.

But as a young man, he worked in Texas as a local radio station DJ and self-appointed ‘Beatles expert’.

When he was older, he recalled some of the ‘perks’ of the job in several newspaper interviews in the Seventies and Eighties.

Girls, some as young as 13, he said, used to queue up outside his studio to offer him sexual favours. ‘Well, of course, I didn’t ask for ID,’ he said.

‘All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course I was only too happy to do.

‘It was the glamour of the job . . . but frustratingly, American girls of that period — as they do now, actually — had this strange notion of virginity as a tangible thing which you surrendered to your husband on your wedding night.

‘So they would do anything but s*** you. They’d give you a b*** *** before they’d s*** you.’

Even now, and allowing for Peel’s famously sardonic humour, it is troubling that those words came from Radio 4’s cuddly champion of middle-class values. One of the girls who queued up outside his studio was a girl called Shirley Anne Milburn. She and Peel were married in Texas on September 29, 1965.

Peel was 26 years old. Shirley Anne was just 15.

‘She lied about her age and so did her family,’ he would later declare.

Peel brought his wife to London two years later, but the marriage began to founder almost immediately as his star soared on Radio 1. They were divorced in 1973. Some years later, after returning to the U.S., she committed suicide.

By then, Peel — who married his second wife, Sheila, in 1974, and with whom he had four children — had become a pillar of the community in the village of Great Finborough, Suffolk.

Nevertheless, the DJ — who died in 2004 — kept up a running gag in his column in Sounds (a rock music weekly) in the mid-Seventies about how he preferred the company of fans when they were dressed as schoolgirls.

The column was often illustrated with photos of Peel posing with young girls dressed St Trinian’s-style in short gym skirts, stockings and suspenders. For one series of pictures, he dressed in a schoolgirl uniform himself.

Alan Lewis, a one-time editor of Sounds, says Peel’s regular references to schoolgirls were ‘half joking, half serious’. But he admits: ‘We really did go quite far on occasion.’

Unbelievably, Peel also ran a Schoolgirl of the Year competition on his Radio 1 show.

So, on the one hand, you have John Peel, and his ‘revelations’ about under-age girls queuing up for sex with him outside his studio in Texas, and on the other, Jimmy Savile — ‘Sir Jimmy’ — grooming girls as young as 12 by offering them sweets, cigarettes and tickets to be in the audience of his shows.

Let’s not forget Jonathan King, record producer and TV presenter, who like Savile, cruised the streets in his Rolls-Royce looking for victims, before being jailed for seven years in 2001 for attacks on young boys.

Chris Denning, a close friend of King’s and member of the original team of DJs hired by Radio 1 (along with the likes of Alan Freeman and Kenny Everett), was also locked up for four years in 2006 for sexually abusing children.

We have been given the names of two more DJs who were sexual predators, according to a victim of one of the stars and an associate of the other.

One of them allegedly tried to rape a girl at a party in Dolphin Square, Pimlico, Central London, back in the Eighties. Many of the big-name

DJs and their agents lived in apartments and townhouses in the Dolphin Square area.

‘I was just out of college and working for Capital Radio,’ the girl told the Mail this week. ‘I was probably around 21 at the time but was very petite and looked much younger. The party was being held at an agent’s place.

‘The DJ he represented just caught me by surprise. He was about twice my height and quadruple the weight of me, or so it seemed.

‘Suddenly, I was being yanked into a bedroom off the main reception room, where I was forced backwards onto the bed. I fought him off and managed to get out of the bedroom and left.’

Shows such as Top Of The Pops also became ‘happy hunting grounds’, itseems, for some DJs and other showbusiness personalities.

Had come up via the ballroom circuit or holiday camps. ‘They thought it part of their job to make sure the prettiest girls in the audience were hauled up on the stage to pose with them during personal appearances or TV spots.

‘This was an era when all any star-struck teenage girl wanted was to be in the audience of Top Of The Pops. The podiums were high, skirts were short and the camera angles low.’

McAlpine, were known as ‘Dolly Dancers’, which perhaps tells you all you need to know about the culture that prevailed back then.

Claire was adopted. Her birth name was Claire Ufland. She also used the stage name Samantha Claire and had been chosen to appear on Top Of The Pops on four occasions. But her mother, Vera McAlpine, began to suspect something was amiss after her daughter had stayed out all night following a phone call from a girl who said Claire would spend the night with her.

It was then that she decided to read Claire’s diary for the first time. She told her daughter she must never see the DJs concerned again and ‘grounded’ her for a month.

‘I’d been worried about her for some time,’ Mrs McAlpine said in an interview back then. ‘She was mad about the pop scene and always talking about disc jockeys and pop stars she met and how wonderful they all were. She simply idolised them.

‘I was very disturbed by other references in the diary, which mentioned many names. Some of the passages were so shocking that I would rather not repeat them. But the police know what they said.’

Just one month after Mrs McAlpine opened that diary, Claire was dead.

Jenni Bale knew Claire. She was 22 and also a dancer on Top Of The Pops. She says one of the DJs who abused Claire was Jimmy Savile, who ‘bluffed his way out of it’.

‘Claire’s diary entries were later described as fantasy by the police, a terrible slur against someone who couldn’t defend herself,’ said Jenni.

‘I believe Claire lost her life all those years ago because of what was done to her. She would probably be a mother herself now.’

We now know that Jimmy Savile was almost certainly one of the DJs named in Claire’s diary. The question is: who were the others?
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213621/Claire-McAlpine-A-15-year-old-killed-leaving-diary-naming-DJs-abusers-Disturbing-questions-John-Peel-So-starts-WERE-involved.html

Old October 6th, 2012 #108
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
A nephew of Sir Jimmy Savile yesterday told how his celebrity uncle attended ‘paedophile parties’.

Guy Marsden was just 13 when ‘Uncle Jimmy’ took him to a wealthy celebrity’s house in London in 1967 for the first of many sordid social gatherings.

Over the next 18 months, Guy and his friends went to numerous ‘parties’ where he believes men sexually abused girls and boys as young as ten. Savile was at many of these events, he said.

Guy and his teenage friends were used as ‘intermediaries’ to hang out with the younger victims. Guy, now 59, said the youngsters would disappear into the bedrooms with men and return later.

He said there were ‘never any women’ at the parties and although he didn’t see any sexual abuse, it was ‘perfectly obvious’ what was happening. Several household names from the world of showbusiness were party regulars.

Guy said Savile sometimes arrived with a man dressed as a priest and he believed the young victims may have come from an orphanage or children’s home.

He has regularly spoken to friends about his experiences in the late 1960s, but no one took him seriously until this week’s revelations.

‘I have loved all this coming out about Jimmy and I feel guilty I didn’t do something about it earlier,’ he told the Mail yesterday.

After Savile died last year, Guy was one of the relatives who publicly praised him. But he knew he was being a hypocrite. ‘I felt as low and as bad as you can get not saying anything.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213636/Uncle-Jimmy-took-sick-parties-Nephew-tells-childhood-stolen-13.html

Old October 6th, 2012 #109
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Neverending.
Quote:
Police are to investigate claims that Sir Jimmy Savile and an accomplice ran a sex ring at the BBC.

The Mail has been told that a BBC employee was allegedly given the task of procuring girls for the presenter and other men to molest.

The member of staff sometimes attacked them himself, it is alleged. Gary Glitter has already been accused of being a member of the sex ring.

Now two women have separately named the former BBC employee. One, a former beauty queen, claims she was raped by him on BBC premises.

The second woman, Kim Anderson, claims Savile's alleged accomplice invited her on to a tour bus to meet the star when she was waitressing at a Marylebone drinking club as a 19-year-old.

About 40 women have now stepped forward to allege they were raped or molested by the late Jim’ll Fix It star.

As the crisis threatened to engulf the BBC, newly-appointed director general George Entwistle last night wrote to all his staff urging them to help the police.

He promised: ‘I am absolutely determined that we will leave no stone unturned in our efforts to support the police. I know I can rely on your co-operation.’

Last night Savile’s alleged accomplice told the Mail: ‘Absolutely not’, when asked if he had committed rape.

Until now, the corporation had assumed the star was working alone when he allegedly abused girls in the 1960s and 1970s.

Yesterday the beauty queen - named only as Sandra - and Mrs Anderson independently named the BBC employee they say was working as an accomplice with the Jim’ll Fix It star.

Their accounts follow earlier statements from women who say they saw Savile and others assaulting girls in his BBC dressing room.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213608/Was-sex-ring-inside-BBC-Jimmy-Saviles-Radio-1-colleague-procured-girls-him.html

Old October 7th, 2012 #110
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
BBC Radio DJ Liz Kershaw is to lift the lid on the culture of sexual harassment at Radio 1 after sensationally revealing she was groped while broadcasting live for the station.

Kershaw, 54, has been asked to meet with George Entwistle, the corporation’s new director-general, after she told yesterday’s Today programme that a male colleague had repeatedly ‘fondled her breasts’ while she was on air.

In an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, the BBC Radio 6 Music presenter said she would name male contemporaries who had sex with Radio 1 and Top Of The Pops fans as well as junior colleagues.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213960/DJ-Liz-Kershaw-expose-gropers-sexual-predators-Radio-1.html

Quote:
I first met Jimmy Savile at his penthouse flat in Leeds in 2004.

After buzzing on the intercom, I was told to wait in the small foyer of Lake View Court, a modern block overlooking Roundhay Park. When the wooden doors of the lift slid open, releasing a cloud of pungent cigar smoke, Jimmy emerged flanked by two large, unsmiling men. ‘Frisk him,’ he barked and I was pinned to the wall and searched for 20 rather uncomfortable seconds.

As I entered his flat he beckoned me through to his kitchen, which was decorated with tiles of pink and brown – or ‘the colour of sex’ as he put it – before sitting down in his reclining chair to begin regaling me with tales of his poverty-stricken childhood, his friendship with the Royal Family and his curious opinions on the opposite sex.

He boasted how many girls would be available to him on a typical night in one of his dancehalls and claimed to have ‘loved them all’. He also said that it ‘never occurred to me to take a liberty with them’. It struck me then that this was an odd caveat.

I asked him about the rumours that had long dogged him, namely that he was into young girls. ‘You’ve got to bear in mind that we live in a funnier world than we did ten years ago,’ he said. ‘That is why in this building I don’t have the internet and I don’t have email, because someone would break in here thinking that I would be up late at night looking at all that porno business, and steal my hard drive. If I ain’t got it in the first place, they can’t get anything on me.’

I interviewed Jimmy many more times in the years before his death, at his homes in Leeds and Scarborough, over lunch at the Athenaeum Club in London and even during a short cruise on the QE2.

He was an intriguing subject and something approaching a friendship developed between us. Yet despite his generosity and entertaining company, nagging doubts persisted.

During our time at sea I was alarmed by how often he stopped elderly couples and used the same quip each time to the husband. ‘You want to be careful about being seen with underage girls,’ he’d say, motioning to the man’s wife. ‘You can get in trouble for that.’

It was an extremely odd thing to say and I began to fear he harboured a guilty conscience. I also started to entertain the notion that his tireless charity work might be some grand bid for atonement for past sins.

Jimmy talked about ‘being put through the washing machine’ by the newspapers but coming up clean. I knew he was litigious and was in his flat in Leeds in 2008 when he instructed his lawyers over newspaper claims about his connection with the Haut de la Garenne children’s home in Jersey.

His line was always consistent: ‘The big secret about me is there is no secret. What you see is what you get.’ What is now known is that Jersey Police investigated an allegation that he molested a girl at the home during the Seventies.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213931/Little-slaves-sordid-boasts-dark-truth-friend-Jimmy-Savile-biographer.html

And what is the response of the public-funded company that facilitated all this?

Quote:
The chairman of the BBC Trust has ruled out an independent investigation into alleged abuses by Jimmy Savile.

In a letter to Conservative MP Rob Wilson, Lord Patten said such an inquiry was not necessary despite the gravity of the allegations against the BBC presenter and DJ, which are being investigated by Scotland Yard.

Lord Patten, who has made no public comment on the scandal, also insisted no pressure was exerted on the editor of Newsnight to pull an investigation alleging that Savile had assaulted girls as young as 14.

ITV pursued the story and since its shocking documentary was broadcast last Wednesday, more than 40 alleged victims have come forward. BBC insiders have told The Mail on Sunday that their investigation, which began soon after Savile’s death last October, was shelved to avoid an embarrassing clash with tribute programmes over Christmas and New Year.

They say the decision was influenced by new director-general George Entwistle, who was then in charge of BBC1 and BBC2.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213945/Jimmy-Savile-BBC-boss-Lord-Patten-rejects-independent-investigation-alleged-abuses.html

If ever there were a time for the public to begin demanding that we put an end to being forced to fund the biased BBC, this is it.

Old October 8th, 2012 #111
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
David Cameron has called for allegations of sexual abuse against Sir Jimmy Savile to be fully investigated.

The Prime Minister told the BBC's Andrew Marr show that the claims from a number of women in recent weeks that they had been abused by the former DJ were 'truly shocking'.

And he added that the allegations should be looked into by the BBC - which employed Savile at the time - and, if necessary, the police.

A workman in Scarborough takes down the sign dedicated to the late Jimmy Savile

Mr Cameron told the programme: 'I think it is pretty shocking, the allegations that we are reading. They need to be properly looked at, properly investigated.

'It seems to me it is very important that the organisation, the BBC, does that itself.

'But also, if there are questions that should be pursued by the police and other organisations, everyone has to ask themselves the question "Is there new evidence that needs to be looked at? Are there new things as an organisation we should look at and examine?"

'But from what I have read - and that is just as a consumer of the media - truly shocking things have been said.'

Mr Cameron's call came as a footpath named in honour of Savile only last month was stripped of its connection with his tarnished memory yesterday.

Workmen moved in yesterday morning to remove the two cliff-top signs directing visitors to Scarborough seafront along Savile’s View near the disgraced star’s former flat on the Esplanade.
Read more: ttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214349/Footpath-honour-Jimmy-Savile-stripped-connection-just-month-named.html

Old October 9th, 2012 #112
Adrian Hartley

Adrian Hartley
Default Freddie Star admits he lied over paedophile allegations

Freddie Star, had strenuously denied ever meeting Karin Ward - who claims he tried to molest her in Jimmy Savile's BBC dressing room. The comic also maintained he only ever met Savile twice in his life, and even that he had never been to the BBC. But he has been proved wrong on all counts after footage from 1974 was unearthed by Channel 4 News. It shows Starr on one of Savile's BBC Shows- Clunk Click, the very episode which was being filmed the day Miss Ward says she was abused as a 14 year old girl.

Starr was famous for mocking Hitler on his shows.

THE BBC IS FULL OF DIRTY NONCES!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...thed-1974.html

Old October 9th, 2012 #113
PJK
Mos Legem Regit

PJK

The BBC is very quiet about all these allegations. They refused an independent investigation, but shockingly decided to conduct their own.

BBC is no different than a dirty, common, child sex ring. Anyone who still pays them TV licence is enabling them and should really reconsider where their money is going.

"BBC chief George Entwistle knew about Newsnight investigation into Savile but carried on with tributes to presenter"

Last edited by PJK; October 9th, 2012 at 01:44 AM.

Old October 9th, 2012 #114
Henry.

Henry.

Exactly 40 years ago rumours broke concerning a sex scandal involving some young players at Everton FC and IIRC, one or two Liverpool players were also involved.

These players were using a flat in the Wavertree district at which they had sex with local school girls, all of whom were under-age. This scandal led to a major clear out at Goodison Park.

Freddie Starr was a fanatical Evertonian well known as a hanger-on around Everton players and was usually seen in the company of players when out in the city's pubs and clubs.

The names of the players involved were mentioned openly as was the name of a certain entertainer called Mr. Freddie Starr.

Two of the Everton players were 'rumoured' to be David Johnston and Alan Whittle, and as you can see from the links below, both were suddenly transferred away from Merseyside at the very same time:

Johnston to Ipswich Town in Nov 72, and Whittle to Crystal Palace in Dec 72.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_J...r_born_1951%29

Alan_Whittle Alan_Whittle

Old October 9th, 2012 #115
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
BBC director-general George Entwistle yesterday admitted knowing about the Newsnight Savile investigation when he ploughed ahead with eulogies showering tributes on the presenter.

It came as he ordered a belated inquiry into the abuse scandal and offered an apology to Savile’s victims.

He expressed ‘deep regret’ over ‘these awful allegations’ as he announced his U-turn on Radio 4, having previously insisted that no BBC inquiry was necessary.

Mr Entwistle revealed he had been informed early last December about Newsnight’s investigation - which probed Savile’s alleged reign of child abuse at the BBC - in advance of screening shows celebrating the Jim’ll Fix It presenter’s life.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214865/BBC-chief-knew-Newsnight-investigation-Savile-carried-tributes-presenter.html

Old October 9th, 2012 #116
Gerry Fable

Gerry Fable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob 88 View Post
Perhaps the reason this nonsense was cancelled is because there is not a single shred of EVIDENCE !.

I hate beasts as much as the next bloke, but I have watched Jimmy on the telly since I was little in the late 60's. He has always IMHO been an eccentric character with a heart of gold - look at the £Millions he has raised for charity.
I have noticed Bob88 has gone quiet on the subject.

Volksgemeinschaft:
Socialist People's Community:

Old October 10th, 2012 #117
Adrian Hartley

Adrian Hartley
Default Unmask the OTHER BBC child abusers

Scotland Yard have received a 'range of names' including 120 potential leads. Convicted paedophiles to be questioned include Gary Glitter and Jonathan King.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ccomplice.html

Old October 10th, 2012 #118
scouse83

scouse83

Can we play guess the celeb paedophile?

Old October 10th, 2012 #119
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

If we're naming and shaming those at the BBC who have abused children, might I nominate whoever wrote the "Tellytubbies" and thus produced a nation of children who think "Eh-oh" is the way to greet someone? Can I also nominate whoever decided that programmes for babies need to incorporate fast lights, rapid music and speedy actions so that development of the ability to concentrate is impaired?

Old October 10th, 2012 #120
Bev
drinking tea

Bev

Quote:
Jimmy Savile is today lying in an unmarked grave after a dead-of-night operation to remove his £4,000 headstone at the request of his family.

Undertakers worked in the dark to rip out the giant memorial and have said it will 'be broken up, placed in a skip and used as landfill'.

The gates of Woodlands Cemetery in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, were locked at around 11pm last night and police stood guard for the two-hour operation.

His loved-ones did not attend and while they had ordered the removal of the grave they were not aware of the undertakers’ decision to do it in the middle of the night.

They were to wait until 7am today before removing the six foot wide by four foot tall headstone with Savile’s now inflammatory epitaph: 'It was good while it lasted.'

All its inscriptions will be ground away before the stone is destroyed.

Below it is Savile's body, encased in concrete at a 45 degree angle, so he could 'see' the sea and Scarborough castle - his dying wish.

The Savile family said in a statement: 'Members of the family of Sir Jimmy Savile have decided to remove his headstone from the grave in Scarborough.

'The family members are deeply aware of the impact that the stone remaining there could have on the dignity and sanctity of the cemetery.

'Out of respect to public opinion, to those who are buried there, and to those who tend their graves and visit there, we have decided to remove it.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215324/Jimmy-Savile-headstone-ripped-grave-smashed-sent-skip-landfill.html

Tags
#1, abuse enquiry, back, bbc, bone, celebrity, child abuse, elizabeth butler-sloss, hasnota, jimmy sa-vile, labour 25, labour paedophiles, nonces, paedophile, paedophilia, paul gambaccini, pete townshend, philip schofield, phillip schofield, ray teret, rolf harris, schofe, schofields list, this morning, tory paedophiles, townshend, westminster paedos mps, whiteman

Thread