VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 25th, 2019 #61
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Sorry for fagging up Alex's "manthred", folks. Fortunately though, Southern NS and Chris showed up and put it back on track by posting race cars and construction work. Now we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief.

P.S. I'm not the one who gave Mark Faust a thumbs down for his post. (I gave him a thumbs up.)
It's reasonable to discuss what's not manly in the man thread.

And maybe there are huge cultural differences between Europe and the USA, however, anime, and anime fans are not perceived to be masculine in the USA.

Men in the USA who're anime fans don't do masculine work for a living. Nor do they have masculine hobbies, or demeanors.

Last edited by Crowe; March 25th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.

Old March 25th, 2019 #62
Enbyeff

I can't understand the visual appeal of that anime shit at all. What the hell is with the oversized baby-eyes all the characters have?

When I see a cartoon or drawing, I want it to look either as realistic as possible, or uniquely hilarious, like R. Crumb's stuff.

Old March 25th, 2019 #63
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
You might be too generous. I'd say closer to 0.

Last edited by Erik T. White; March 25th, 2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo

Old March 25th, 2019 #64
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enbyeff View Post
I can't understand the visual appeal of that anime shit at all. What the hell is with the oversized baby-eyes all the characters have?
Where are the "oversized baby-eyes" in the following anime?

Or the following anime:

There are different kinds of anime, different genres, different animation styles, etc. I like lots of them - yes, even the ones in which characters have oversized eyes, which can be very beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
Yeah, that guy is a pathetic fag, not even I can defend that.

Old March 25th, 2019 #65
Robbie Key

Quote:
It's reasonable to discuss what's not manly in the man thread.

And maybe there are huge cultural differences between Europe and the USA, however, anime, and anime fans are not perceived to be masculine in the USA.

Men in the USA who're anime fans don't do masculine work for a living. Nor do they have masculine hobbies, or demeanors.
No Euro-American thing here, just those who prefer cartoon to reality.

Old March 25th, 2019 #66
Crowe

Quote:
There are different kinds of anime, different genres, different animation styles, etc. I like lots of them - yes, even the ones in which characters have oversized eyes, which can be very beautiful.
Care to share some examples? Ok, you shared some old stuff from the 70s, but what about newer stuff? Let VNNers be the judge as to whether this is masculine or not. My opinion on the matter is already decided.

Old March 25th, 2019 #67
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Care to share some examples? Ok, you shared some old stuff from the 70s, but what about newer stuff? Let VNNers be the judge as to whether this is masculine or not.
The stuff that I posted was from the 1980s, I don't really watch contemporary anime series/movies because they're simply not as good as the ones that were made in the 1970s, 80s and early 90s. (It's the same with Marvel Comics.) In any case, I didn't intend to hijack this thread and turn it into an anime fest, it kinda just happened.

Quote:
My opinion on the matter is already decided.
Okay, I respect that. I realize that not everyone is going to share my interests.

Old March 25th, 2019 #68
Crowe

I used to watch Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and Batman cartoons when I was a kid, and then my balls dropped, and I never looked back. I became interested in real females, not cartoon ones with big eyes.

Old March 25th, 2019 #69
Alex Linder
Administrator

the prob is people are hypersensitive now because jews have taught people that anything criticized should be illegal, if they havent got there yet. there's ZERO tolerance where that word is used. it's anglo and german society that tolerated eccentricity and humor and differnt points of view. but we are past that.

we try to keep it alive here. you can like anime. it just makes you a fag.

but we wont ban you for being a fag. only pants fags get banned, if they get outtity.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 25th, 2019 at 08:21 PM.

Old March 25th, 2019 #70
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
the prob is people are hypersensitive now because jews have taught people that anything criticized should be illegal, if they havent got there yet. there's ZERO tolerance where that word is used. it's anglo and german society that tolerated eccentricity and humor and differnt points of view. but we are past that.

we try to keep it alive here. you can like anime. it just makes you a fag.

but we wont ban you for being a fag. only pants fags get banned, if they get outtity.
Hey, I'll take whatever I can get. Like I said in another thread, I've been banned from virtually every political forum that I've signed up on because I expose jews' crimes, perversions and nefarious influence in Western media and politics, so I'm just happy that you let me post here, even if you think I'm faggy for watching anime and reading Marvel Comics.

Note that I don't spam the entire forum with anime and Marvel Comics (like that Jeffrey Smither character did with his Moranbong obsession), I simply posted some of my favorite music from anime soundtracks a couple of times in the big VNN music thread, which I think is pretty harmless (although if you and your moderators don't like it, you're free to delete it, I won't make a fuss about it).

Last edited by Stewart Meadows; March 25th, 2019 at 08:37 PM.

Old March 25th, 2019 #71
Dave from New York

Can't believe how absolutely unmanly this thread has become. Shameful! Enough to make ones testicles atrophy after a read through!

Now, to get things back on a masculine track; did we ever come to a consensus on who would win in a street fight, the Wonder Twins or Shmoo and Space Ghost?

Old March 25th, 2019 #72
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Hey, I'll take whatever I can get. Like I said in another thread, I've been banned from virtually every political forum that I've signed up on because I expose jews' crimes, perversions and nefarious influence in Western media and politics, so I'm just happy that you let me post here, even if you think I'm faggy for watching anime and reading Marvel Comics.

Note that I don't spam the entire forum with anime and Marvel Comics (like that Jeffrey Smither character did with his Moranbong obsession), I simply posted some of my favorite music from anime soundtracks a couple of times in the big VNN music thread, which I think is pretty harmless (although if you and your moderators don't like it, you're free to delete it, I won't make a fuss about it).
yes. you're fine. i just like attacking things. honestly i dont give even two tenths of a shit about comics or anime, one way or another.

yeah the mobong thing was real old. people have to appreciate the spirit of something and fit themselves in, otherwise it's a drag. there's literally not even 1.1 people on here interested in moronbong. just a perfect 1.0. well that one needs to find a mungbean forum and quit pestering this one.

Old March 25th, 2019 #73
Alex Linder
Administrator

this thread has been infused with lavendar, for an extra spritz of manliness

lavendar emits a husky growl whenever tiny scented floribles are nearby

Old March 25th, 2019 #74
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from New York View Post
Can't believe how absolutely unmanly this thread has become. Shameful! Enough to make ones testicles atrophy after a read through!

Now, to get things back on a masculine track; did we ever come to a consensus on who would win in a street fight, the Wonder Twins or Shmoo and Space Ghost?
I don't think there was a consensus since the debate is still going on over which is fiercer, Scooby-Doo or Underdog. I'm not sure, but I think the street fight between Roger Ramjet and Hector Heathcote was a draw.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Heathcote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ramjet

Old March 25th, 2019 #75
Sean Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from New York View Post
did we ever come to a consensus on who would win in a street fight, the Wonder Twins or Shmoo and Space Ghost?
Make a poll.

Less talk, more action

Old April 16th, 2019 #76
Larry the Raysiss
Most WNs are Kiked

My biggest problem with women has always been the fact that they have vocal chords.

The only exceptions are white girls with beautiful singing voices. But only as long as they are singing.

I love listening to Harriet Wheeler sing (The Sundays).

But I'm sure I'd hate her if I were to hear her talk.

Last edited by Larry the Raysiss; April 16th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Old April 16th, 2019 #77
Larry the Raysiss
Most WNs are Kiked

Quote:
I agree (generally) and the same goes for "gamers". Oh shit, here comes the shit storm.

Old April 17th, 2019 #78
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry the Raysiss View Post
I agree (generally) and the same goes for "gamers". Oh shit, here comes the shit storm.
If you see a fat slob who's morbidly obese, 10 to 1 odds, that's a gamer.

Old April 17th, 2019 #79
Stewart Meadows

I assumed that this thread would die a natural death, but since Larry the Racist has for some reason decided to resurrect it, I'll reply to a couple of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Key View Post
No Euro-American thing here, just those who prefer cartoon to reality.
But why does the one have to exclude the other? Can't people watch anime and still be firmly grounded in reality? If a person likes to watch action movies with Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzenegger, does that mean that he's not living in the real world? If a person likes to read mystery novels by Agatha Christie, does that mean that he's not living in the real world? Or does this only apply to people who like anime?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry the Raysiss View Post
Like I said in another thread: that's the stereotype that the jewish entertainment industry has been pushing. The fat comic book guy in The Simpsons, the protagonists in The Big Bang Theory, the nerds in all those teen comedies from the 1980s... Those are just some examples of how people who like anime, comic books and science fiction have been portrayed as socially handicapped nerds who can't get women. It might sound shocking, but reality often differs from jewish TV land.

Quote:
Men in the USA who're anime fans don't do masculine work for a living.
Honestly, I don't see why one has to do "masculine work" (I assume you mean manual/physical labor) for a living in order to be a "real" man. An academic or an office worker can be just as masculine as a plumber or an auto mechanic or a construction worker.

Maybe I'm not a good example of what a "real" man should be like, but here's my story: I watch anime and read Marvel Comics, and I also refuse to eat the corpses of murdered animals, but I can still do physical labor. I lift weights, and I often work on my family's arable land where I lift and carry heavy objects, and I can do this without interruption for a long period of time, in the winter as well as in the summer under the blazing sun, whereas the meat-eating tough guys around me need breaks to drink, urinate and check their cellphone messages and Fagbook profiles.

My health greatly improved after I stopped eating the corpses of murdered animals when I was a teenager two decades ago. I'm physically stronger, I hardly ever get sick, I haven't vomited a single time – hell, I haven't even had the hiccups. In two decades. I think that's pretty amazing.

But in my opinion, masculinity is mainly a mental thing. It's not about having muscles or being able to repair cars; it's about being a good, decent, righteous person, always ready to do the right thing, regardless of the personal cost. It's also about controlling your emotions. I've come across many men on internet forums who engage in petty vendettas and flame wars, start hysterical drama threads about members they hate, etc., and that kind of behavior is embarrassing and unmanly, in my opinion. When I sign up on a forum I focus on the issues, debate in a calm and rational manner, and treat fellow posters with respect, even the ones who disagree with me. That's how I act in real life as well.

P.S. I didn't think that my post would be this long when I started writing it, but I'm posting it anyway even though I realize that most people will just ignore it. Sorry, folks.

Old April 17th, 2019 #80
Crowe

Quote:
But why does the one have to exclude the other? Can't people watch anime and still be firmly grounded in reality? If a person likes to watch action movies with Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzenegger, does that mean that he's not living in the real world? If a person likes to read mystery novels by Agatha Christie, does that mean that he's not living in the real world? Or does this only apply to people who like anime?/
The key here is not making a fetish out of it. It's one thing to like some stuff on the side, whether it's sports, or music, or literature, or anime, or gaming, whatever, as long as you don't get engrossed and make these your sole interest.

For example, someone can watch sports on occasion without being a sports-fag. Someone can play videogames occasionally, without being a gamer.

One thing sports, anime, gaming, comics, etc have in common, is that people tend to turn them into fetishes, and obsessions. And this is when it gets faggy.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see why one has to do "masculine work" (I assume you mean manual/physical labor) for a living in order to be a "real" man. An academic or an office worker can be just as masculine as a plumber or an auto mechanic or a construction worker.
That might be true in some cases, but stuff like plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc are fields that are *still* dominated by men, even in this great new world where women are supposed to be as strong and as capable as men.

Quote:
My health greatly improved after I stopped eating the corpses of murdered animals when I was a teenager two decades ago. I'm physically stronger, I hardly ever get sick, I haven't vomited a single time – hell, I haven't even had the hiccups. In two decades. I think that's pretty amazing.
Murdered animals? Is that how you really see it? Have you ever field dressed a kill before? A lot of people, I'd even say most, don't have the stomach for it.

I went without eating meat for almost a month, the first week went OK, then I started getting muscle aches and cramps. Tried supplementing in more protein from nuts, which helped a little bit, but I didn't possess the energy I had on a normal diet. However, what I did take from doing this was cutting most of the sugar out of my diet. I like a little in my coffee in the morning, but that's it. And I rarely drink sodas. Maybe 1 per week. I also drink green tea, but it's got no sugar in it. That's what I replaced soda with.

Quote:
But in my opinion, masculinity is mainly a mental thing. It's not about having muscles or being able to repair cars; it's about being a good, decent, righteous person, always ready to do the right thing, regardless of the personal cost. It's also about controlling your emotions. I've come across many men on internet forums who engage in petty vendettas and flame wars, start hysterical drama threads about members they hate, etc., and that kind of behavior is embarrassing and unmanly, in my opinion. When I sign up on a forum I focus on the issues, debate in a calm and rational manner, and treat fellow posters with respect, even the ones who disagree with me. That's how I act in real life as well.
I agree with you on some of those points, such as men are supposed to be more reserved than women are, emotionally, however, being a little hot headed doesn't necessarily mean someone isn't masculine. I think that depends also on a number of other factors.

Former coworker of mine. Old guy in his 60s, he was a tough old dude, super competitive, even when nobody else was looking for competition. He wasn't very big, 5' 6", maybe 130. Rough complexion, scars on his face, you could tell he'd had a rough life. And that rough life he endured didn't put him down. Anyway, he had a stroke, and most of us that knew him figured he was probably done. Absolutely not! He came back to work 2 months later, after successfully going through physical therapy, and he regained most of his usage, 90%. Even after having a stroke, he could pack nearly his body weight down 3 flights of stairs. 120lb toilet. Last I heard, this guy is still working doing construction work in his 70s, after having a stroke! When I think of masculinity, this guy is a prime example. And by the way he has a temper. He will cuss you out if you piss him off, even if you're his boss.

Also, some here might not like hearing this, but Otto Skorzeny is more masculine than Hitler, in my opinion.

Last edited by Crowe; April 17th, 2019 at 05:44 PM.

Thread