Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 21st, 2011 #21
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

This may be a bit off topic but never mind: A White man should never use the word "vandal" in a negative sense, i e for someone who deliberately destroys for fun etc.

The real Vandals were a Germanic tribe who fought like devils but lost a war against Byzantine Greece sometime around the year 500.

After the defeat they got the same treatment as the Germans are getting today after World War II: relentlessly vilified and demonized in absurdum, for ever and ever, in all eternity.

Old June 21st, 2011 #22
N.B. Forrest

Let's add gestures:

Touching fists to celebrate some trifle

Old June 21st, 2011 #23
N.B. Forrest

Dude

Dawg

Only in mockery.

Old June 21st, 2011 #24
varg

Referring to stormfront as "spermfart"

Ah, the grown men of WN who think up these things.

Old June 21st, 2011 #25
Johnny James

"Do you have a vegan menu?"
"I'd like a daiquiri"
"I'm so ashamed to be white"
"you know, that's really offensive"

Old June 21st, 2011 #26
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
PAPARAZZI....
Why does this one bother you? It's a needed term for a real phenomenon, and drawn from a movie character, oddly enough, as I'm sure you know.

Old June 21st, 2011 #27
Paul Smith
Death Camp of Tolerance

Any of the fucking yid-dish words like schmuck, klutz, kosher, etc.

Only to mock of course.

Old June 21st, 2011 #28
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Why does this one bother you? It's a needed term for a real phenomenon, and drawn from a movie character, oddly enough, as I'm sure you know.
Again, it reminds me of fashion/Hollywitz/tabloid jewfags. I don't see the need for any word other than "photographers".

Old June 21st, 2011 #29
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
Crème fraiche, you probably don't hear this in America, but I hear it here enough to irritate me. It's sour cream, why do we need to use French when there are common English words for the same thing?
You hear creme fraiche around here sometimes, mostly used by Cajuns. It's not exactly sour cream. It is even fattier than that, if that's possible.

Old June 21st, 2011 #30
Chad Wentworth

Faggotry besides destroying a lot of rectums is also destroying language, a lot like ebonics. Over a century ago it wasn't uncommon for intellectuals to also be versed in ancient Greek or Latin. Today's overwhelmingly female university population takes its toll on language standards

Old June 21st, 2011 #31
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Wentworth View Post
Faggotry besides destroying a lot of rectums is also destroying language, a lot like ebonics.
True, and the most obvious example is the word "gay". I won't use the term in referring to faggots. There's also the symbol of the rainbow which has been hijacked by both faggots and race-mixers to represent their respective degeneracies.

A guy I went to school with in elementary school back in the late 60s was named "Gay" -- I think it was probably short for something, Gaylon maybe. But at the time the word "gay" hadn't come into popular usage as a synonym for faggotry. I lost track of that guy, I don't know what he did with that. Maybe changed his name. I can't imagine a guy going through life with that name. It conjures up thoughts about that Johnny Cash song about the man who knew he wouldn't be around to raise his son, so he named him "Sue" so that he'd either be tough or die.

Old June 21st, 2011 #32
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Phrase:

Back in da day: virtually every brain-dead whiteskin you see uses this niggism now. "Back in WHAT day", exactly? The day you unconsciously became a wigger shithead?
I'm sure the niggers stole the phrase 'back in the day' from the White man and their low IQ and language skills prevent them from using it properly in a sentence. Of course they can't compose sentences anyway.

Old June 21st, 2011 #33
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
A guy I went to school with in elementary school back in the late 60s was named "Gay" -- I think it was probably short for something, Gaylon maybe.
Or Gaylord.

Old June 21st, 2011 #34
Thomas de Aynesworth
Banned

Old June 21st, 2011 #35
Jez North
Banned

Fabulous's original use was to mean relating to fables or myths. The word comes from the word fable. Fantastic is another one that's been ruined too. Instead of saying fantastic creatures, people now are more likely to say fantasy creatures since fantastic has turned into a synonym for "very good."

Old June 21st, 2011 #36
Jez North
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Apleece View Post
Yeah.

Nauseated/nauseous is another one. If you're nauseous you are causing someone to feel nauseated.
Oh thank you! The number of Americans and now Britons who get this wrong is excruciatingly annoying. Can you believe that I actually had an English teacher who "corrected" me when I wrote nauseated in an essay? She crossed it out with a red pen and wrote nauseous!

Nauseous is causing nausea not feeling it!

Quote:
True, and the most obvious example is the word "gay". I won't use the term in referring to faggots. There's also the symbol of the rainbow which has been hijacked by both faggots and race-mixers to represent their respective degeneracies.
I too, won't use gay to mean homosexual. It is an absolute outrage that that word now has homosexual as the number one definition in dictionaries. It means happy, cheerful and bright and nothing more. Hell, I won't even use the word queer since that's been taken over too. Queer means strange or ill, not homosexual.

Quote:
A guy I went to school with in elementary school back in the late 60s was named "Gay" -- I think it was probably short for something, Gaylon maybe. But at the time the word "gay" hadn't come into popular usage as a synonym for faggotry. I lost track of that guy, I don't know what he did with that. Maybe changed his name. I can't imagine a guy going through life with that name. It conjures up thoughts about that Johnny Cash song about the man who knew he wouldn't be around to raise his son, so he named him "Sue" so that he'd either be tough or die.
It's also (or at least used to be) a girl's name. A few middle-aged and elderly women are still called Gay and their variants such as Gaynor but there won't be any more now I'd imagine.

Homosexuality isn't gay.

Old June 21st, 2011 #37
Zeth O. Grady

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez North View Post
Fabulous's original use was to mean relating to fables or myths. The word comes from the word fable. Fantastic is another one that's been ruined too. Instead of saying fantastic creatures, people now are more likely to say fantasy creatures since fantastic has turned into a synonym for "very good."
Fantastic post!

Old June 21st, 2011 #38
August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Apleece View Post
Tummy. It's a stomach or a gut. I've heard grown men say "tummy" and it makes me cringe every time.
LOL I thought I was the only one.

"Pinky", when referring to the little finger is another one.

A friend of mine asked me "what's kickin" once. Once.

The phrase the "N word", when used by adults. It reminds me of people spelling out bad words or otherwise trying to keep secrets from little children. As if merely uttering the word nigger is going to cause the earth to split open and swallow them whole.

I guess it's unavoidable in certain situations like on T.V.

Unless you're a nigger, or in an old movie.

Old June 21st, 2011 #39
Danielle

Odd choices here. Paparazzi (paparazzo) is wrong, why exactly? What else am I supposed to call them when I see them around? There's a distinction between them and other photographers or photojournalists that the specific word makes clear. Fabulous is fine too when used correctly. Dude I'll even give a pass, it's used a lot here and I see no problem with it or its counterparts like bloke, buddy, or mate. Words like Bro or variants (Broseph, Broski etc.) are faggy.

Some words/phrases I dislike and wouldn't want to hear from a man:

-Preggers
-Literally (when used as an affirmation)
-"It goes without saying, that..." and then proceeding to say it.
-Afterparty. It's not an afterparty. It's a party. Another party. "Afterparty" is when you go home.
-Green (to describe an action or "going green")
-Facebooked
-Game plan
-It is what it is
-Pedophile (yes, I went there. If you know what it means and use it that way, you are in the minority.)

Trying not to be hypocritical, I need to grow out of these:

-"I know right?"
-Totally (interjected into sentences it doesn't belong in)
-Awesome (things that do not and should not inspire awe)
-Dude (sorry!)

Old June 21st, 2011 #40
Johnny James

"we're pregnant"
"totes"
"that place is super sketch"
"culture"

Thread