Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 29th, 2013 #121
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Police Chief Learns Firearm Safety (TFW)

The City Manager did the right thing but the chief should pay for his medical costs out of his own pocket.. The fool needs to unload his firearm before he cleans it. This guy is supervising his officers in safe handling of firearms.

Quote:
http://www.sunjournal.com/news/maine...ed-acc/1386487

Nok-Noi Ricker, Bangor Daily News
Maine | Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 6:54 am

Bangor Police Chief Mark Hathaway said that he made a very serious mistake, while cleaning his service weapon that resulted in shooting himself in the left hand. Hathaway said that gun was examined and was functioning properly, the firearm discharge was his fault. "I'm thankful no one else was injured." he said.

BANGOR — Police Chief Mark Hathaway said Friday that he made a very serious mistake while cleaning his new duty weapon that caused him to shoot himself in the left hand. The city manager agreed and has ordered Hathaway to undergo additional gun safety training. “I was handling the firearm and I was not focusing on what I was doing and that is unacceptable,” Hathaway said while sitting in a training room at the Bangor Police Station with his left forearm and hand wrapped in a cast. “And this is the result.” “I want the public to know we’re not making excuses,” Hathaway said. “It was without question my fault. I made a very serious mistake.” Hathaway declined to describe Monday’s incident in detail.

An internal investigation into the shooting was conducted by Lt. Tim Reid, who leads the detective division, and was summarized in an interoffice memo issued Friday to Hathaway from City Manager Cathy Conlow. “While there were several mitigating factors that were involved including heat and the fact that these new weapons require that the trigger be depressed in order to be disassembled, the final analysis is that [the] injury was the result of your failure to clear the chamber prior to disassembly,” Conlow wrote.

Conlow ordered Hathaway to undergo remedial training, to include reading, classroom and firearms handling, and is requiring written documentation that he completed the program. The memorandum states that the Attorney General’s office and the District Attorney of Penobscot County were informed of the incident and both indicated it was appropriate to handle the matter internally.

Sgt. Bob Bishop, the department’s firearms training officer, was seated beside Hathaway Friday and said the incident spurred a review of departmental safety procedures already in place. “I would like people who use or handle firearms to think about what I did,” Hathaway said, stressing gun safety. “We do not want this to happen to anybody else.”

The city’s new police chief, a 25-year veteran on the force, had just returned from weapons training in Brewer with his new duty weapon, a .45-caliber Glock handgun, when the incident occurred. Four or five officers were in the room when the gun went off, and they quickly rendered care. “They put me on the ground and took off their shirts to wrap up my hand to stop the bleeding,” Hathaway said.

The fire department’s ambulance crew arrived in minutes and quickly took him to Eastern Maine Medical Center, he said. “They took good care of me,” Hathaway said of his officers and emergency responders. “I’m thankful nobody else was injured,” he also said.

The city received a Justice Assistance Grant from the federal government last fall that provided the $10,800 needed to purchase the new weapons, which were issued to all 82 sworn officers and replaced the .45-caliber Sig Sauers previously in use.

Bishop and his staff examined the firearm and it functions properly, Hathaway said, and the team also examined the entire weapons training program. “In the aftermath of this, we put ourselves under a microscope,” Bishop said. He said everything from what is taught in the classroom to how the range is operated to cleaning weapons was reviewed. “Everyone in the firearms instruction [team] met and discussed this,” Bishop said. “That discussion [is] going to produce changes. We’re striving for firearms excellence because the public expects us to be flawless.”

Bishop said Monday’s incident was the third accidental gun discharge within the department in the last quarter century, none of which occurred while officers were dealing with members of the public. “That statistic is incredible,” Bishop said.

Hathaway, who was hired as chief in April at a salary of $85,893, said if he had followed the safety rules already in place, “we wouldn’t be here today.”
“I accept the criticism I received. It was well deserved,” Hathaway said.

Old June 29th, 2013 #122
keifer

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/22112...g-vehicle-fire
HENDERSON (FOX5) -
Henderson police Chief Patrick Moers has fired a SWAT officer following an investigation into a fire that destroyed a SWAT vehicle.

An unmarked police SUV caught fire during the late night hours of Feb. 27.

According to the department, the vehicle was on Somerset Hills Avenue near Southern Highlands Parkway when it blew a tire and eventually caught fire.

The officer who was driving the vehicle home at the time saved several weapons from the fire. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

There was no immediate word on what caused the fire or the tire blow out.

Moers issued the following statement to FOX5 on Monday afternoon:

Old June 29th, 2013 #123
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile More to the Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/22112...g-vehicle-fire
HENDERSON (FOX5) -
Henderson police Chief Patrick Moers has fired a SWAT officer following an investigation into a fire that destroyed a SWAT vehicle.

An unmarked police SUV caught fire during the late night hours of Feb. 27.

According to the department, the vehicle was on Somerset Hills Avenue near Southern Highlands Parkway when it blew a tire and eventually caught fire.

The officer who was driving the vehicle home at the time saved several weapons from the fire. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

There was no immediate word on what caused the fire or the tire blow out.

Moers issued the following statement to FOX5 on Monday afternoon:
The fool drove it several miles on the rim because he was too lazy to change the tire.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/cr...ed-driving-rim

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 29th, 2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added Photo

Old November 3rd, 2013 #124
varg

Default Family: Louisiana Police stun father as son died in house fire

LOUISIANA, MO. -- The Missouri State Fire Marshal continues its investigation into an early morning Thursday fire that took the life of a 3-year-old Louisiana, Mo. boy.

The fire killed Riley Miller who was pronounced dead at Pike County Memorial Hospital.

The original 911 call came in at 12:58 a.m. at 405 S. Main St. Firefighters arrived at the scene at 1:03 a.m.

A city police officer stunned Riley's stepfather Ryan Miller with a Taser gun three times as he tried to enter the burning house.

The parents were both taken to Memorial Medical Center's burn unit in Springfield, Ill. by family members for treatment. Ryan Miller suffered burns to his chest. Cathy Miller suffered a burn to the cornea in one of her eyes. Both were released from the hospital Thursday night.

The house was destroyed.

Lori Miller, Riley's grandmother, said police stunned Ryan Miller as he tried to get back in the house.

“He tried to get back in the house to get the baby,” Lori Miller said. “They took my son to jail because he tried to save his son.”

Ryan Miller's sister-in-law doesn't think the police handled the situation correctly.

"It's just heartless. How could they be so heartless? And while they all just stood around and waited for the fire department, what kind of police officer wouldn't try and save a three year old burning in a house?" said Emily Miller. "We've been going through pictures and he's just smiling in every picture. He was just a happy, go-lucky kid."

City Administrator Bob Jenne said that the fire started in a rear recreation room. The parents fell asleep watching television. The boy slept in his bedroom.

The parents were able to reach a rear door in the room and exit the building after after the smoke woke them from their sleep. They called 911, Jenne said.

The Millers ran around to the front of the building and Ryan Miller kicked in the front door as police and firefighters arrived.

Ryan Miller tried to enter the home to get his stepson. Police restrained him and the officer stunned him with a Taser, according to Jenne.

State Fire Marshal Investigator Scott Stoneberger said that a firefighter in full gear attempted to enter the home but the flames were too hot. Firefighters discovered Riley near the doorway to the bedroom from the front living room.

Cathy Miller is the manager of the Louisiana Pizza Hut franchise. A co-worker who answered the phone there Friday said the entire staff is grieving over the Millers' loss.

Ryan Miller has another son who wasn't home at the time of the fire.

An official cause of the fire isn't known and could take up to two or three weeks to learn. The fire marshal said that the fire doesn't appear to be suspicious.

For those interested in helping the family, monetary donations may be sent to the Mercantile Bank in Louisiana, c/o Ryan Miller or the Riley Miller fund.

Clothing items also are needed: Men's 36x30 jeans and women's size 8-10 jeans, size XL/XXL men's shirts and size small/medium women's shirts, size 6.5 or 7 in women's shoes, and 10-11 in men's.

You can send those items to the Miller Law Office at 125 South Main in Louisiana.

Old November 3rd, 2013 #125
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
A thread devoted to cops abusing their authority.
Can you use your extra-special admin powers to give this a #1 thread title, or at least add it to the tags?

I have to spend some time reading all the posts, to make sure that I don't double post a story, but this is a thread that I can and will contribute.

Old November 15th, 2013 #127
luftwaffensoldat
Witness to Genocide

This is why gun control legislation in any form should be opposed by racial nationalists, especially because these "trained professionals" can turn their weapons on us at any moment, without warning. Cops are under no obligation to help ordinary citizens; their primary loyalty is to the globalist regime that pays their salaries. The police are not your friends; they can be your worst enemies.

Old November 28th, 2013 #128
Jae Manzel

Default Jackie Len Neal, Cop Who Allegedly Raped Handcuffed Teen, Went Looking For Her After Assault: Cops

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — San Antonio police are alleging that an officer accused of raping a woman in his patrol car was arrested after trying to look for her later.

A police report released Tuesday says the woman initially called 911 to report that she was being assaulted by another woman. According to the report, the woman told a responding officer that she "lied" — that she wanted to actually report a rape Friday by a San Antonio officer wearing a badge that said "R. Neal."

Police eventually arrested Officer Jackie Len Neal, who is now accused of sexual assault. Police say Neal was found looking for the woman, having identified himself as "Jack."

Police accuse Neal of placing the woman in handcuffs in the back of his car and raping her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4351117.html

Old November 28th, 2013 #129
Alexander M.

Default Phila. officers suspected in Kensington break-in

A family in Kensington had a break-in at their home and Philadelphia narcotics officers are suspected in the crime.

Sources say Wednesday night around 8:00 p.m., five members of the 24th District Narcotics Enforcement Team, known as NETS allegedly broke into a family's home in the 2900 block of Hurley Street.

They allegedly broke in through a window when nobody was home under the auspices that it was a drug house.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9301856

Old December 5th, 2013 #130
Jae Manzel

Default Undercover cops beat and arrest Black man in San Francisco

http://www.pslweb.org/liberationnews...-beat-and.html

Old December 5th, 2013 #131
Gordon Green
Banned

I have a hypothesis as to why there are so many psychopathic/sociopath cops abounding today. It's because every 20 years or so, we don't have a great war like WWII, where killers as such would be needed to make up a good bulk of the military. So every generation, we need to kinda "genocide" a large percentage of these Rambos Unhinged, by a factor of at least 75%, with the caveat that it doesn't kill off each generations socio/psychopathic females, who shall then produce the next generation's share of military might.

Old December 6th, 2013 #132
Jae Manzel

Default Man says police officer threatened to kill his dogs

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Kansas City man says he’s been terrified since an encounter with police on Monday evening. He says officers came to his home in southeast Kansas City looking for people he’d never heard of and when he refused to let them inside, things turned ugly.

Eric Crinnian, a lawyer, heard a loud banging at his door Monday night, he was instantly alarmed since a neighbor’s house was robbed a few weeks ago, so he grabbed a crow-bar.

Crinnian said three police officers were outside his house.

“I open the door a little bit wider and he sees that I have something in my hand, so he pulls his gun, tells me to put down whatever I’ve got and then come out with my hands up, so I do,” Crinnian said.

They wanted to know where two guys were, and Crinnian later found out police believed they violated parole.

“I said, ‘I have no idea who you’re talking about I’ve never heard of these people before,’” he said.

To prove it, he said police asked to search his house, Crinnian refused multiple times. He said they needed a warrant.

Then he said one police officer started threatening him saying, “If we have to get a warrant, we’re going to come back when you’re not expecting it, we’re going to park in front of your house, where all your neighbors can see, we’re gonna bust in your door with a battering ram, we’re gonna shoot and kill your dogs, who are my family, and then we’re going to ransack your house looking for these people.”

“If that’s the case and those are the things that were said, I would think those would be inappropriate,” said John Hamilton.

John Hamilton is an Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at Park University and former police officer. He said having a warrant is always the best way for police to search a home, and while the threats aren’t illegal, they might violate a department policy.

“I just think it’s a dangerous way to do policing, because it makes it tenuous when you appear in front of the court in a case like that,” Hamilton said.

Crinnian said he’s never had a problem with police before in his life, and he still has a great amount of respect for the Kansas City, Mo. Police Department. However, he also said he wants the situation investigated, so he filed an Office of Community Complaints Report.

A spokesman for the Kansas City, Mo. Police Department says he can’t discuss ongoing OCC reports and they are investigated internally.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/11/27/man-say...kill-his-dogs/

+video in link

Old December 6th, 2013 #133
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Crinnian said he’s never had a problem with police before in his life, and he still has a great amount of respect for the Kansas City, Mo. Police Department.
It's the Stockholm Syndrome with these fucking kwans. You spit in their face and they think it's dew.

Old December 6th, 2013 #134
Dalton Fury

Default Cop Asks Child To Send Him “Sexy Pics & Uses Police Database To Collect Private Info

Cop Asks Child To Send Him “Sexy Pics & Uses Police Database To Collect Private Info

Quote:
A cop in Illinois was recently caught soliciting “sexy pics” from a 12-year-old.

During the summer of 2012, Woodstock police Sgt. Chip Amati was dating a woman with two daughters, ages 12 and 10. One day the 12-year-old told her mother that Amati gave her a gold necklace that said “Princess.”

The mother thought this was odd, so she went to Amati’s home to ask him about it. This caused a fight which resulted in the couple breaking up.

The following day, the mother told her daughters to avoid Amati and ignore any contact from the man. This prompted her 12-year-old to come forward with some disturbing text messages previously sent to her from Amati. The first one, sent on August 16, said “Hi beautiful.” The subsequent message said, “Feel free to send me a pic anytime .” Then another text, sent three days later, said, “Send me some sexy pics! <3.”

The 12-year-old’s mother immediately turned the text messages over to officials. While investigating the situation, officials made another discovery: Amati had collected information on the mother through a police database funded by tax money — all without the mother’s consent.

Although using police databases for personal reasons is a felony, Amati has been charged with nothing at this time.

As reported by the Chicago Tribune, “Officers who use the database for personal reasons can be charged with official misconduct, a felony, state police said. But McHenry County State’s Attorney Louis Bianchi has not charged Amati. After a departmental inquiry, Amati, a 24-year veteran and one of the city’s highest-paid employees, was suspended without pay for 30 days, though he can take them one at a time at the department’s discretion within a year, police Chief Robert Lowen said.”

According to authorities, Amati broke no law by sending the suggestive texts.

The parents of the 12-year-old are furious that no serious disciplinary action has been taken against Amati. Her father said, “He’s no better than who he’s arrested.”

Old December 9th, 2013 #135
Jae Manzel

Default 'Oh you're gonna shoot me?' The sarcastic last words of straight-A student shot dead by college cop after being stopped for speeding

A witness says he heard the sarcastic final words of a Texas student moments before he was shot dead by a college police officer.

Robert Cameron Redus, 23, was killed when Corporal Chris Carter, 35, opened fire on him in the early hours of Friday morning a few blocks away from the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio where Redus studied, set to graduate in May.

Neighbour Mohammad Haidaras told My San Antonio that he heard a tense exchange between Redus and Carter sixty seconds before shots rang out.

He told the website: 'I heard (a man) say, 'Oh, you're gonna shoot me?' like sarcastic almost.'

The 22-year-old claims he heard gunshots less than a minute later and jumped into his closet.

Investigators say an altercation began when Carter tried to pull Redus over for speeding and driving erratically.

Lieutenant Cindy Pruitt of the Alamo Heights Police Department told KSAT that the incident occurred about 2am in the parking lot of the Tree House apartments in the 100 block of Grandview Place off Broadway, where Redus was a resident.

Redus, known to friends by his second name Cameron, had spent the evening celebrating the end of semester with classmates.

According to Pruitt, Carter tried to pull him over on Broadway for driving erratically, despite the fact that Redus was off-campus.

It is not clear where Carter first tried to pull Redus over, but both vehicles drove north on Broadway until they pulled into the parking lot of the Treehouse Apartments.

Once there, both got out of their cars and some kind of struggle ensued. Pruitt told My San Antonio that Carter radioed for help shortly before Redus was shot.

A witness who lives in the Treehouse Apartments described hearing 'five or six' gunshots, but no verbal warnings.

'I didn't hear him say anything like, "Get down on your hands and knees," you know? I didn't hear him say anything. He just started shooting,' the man told KSAT.

'He emptied the gun on him,' he said. 'Boom, boom, boom.'

Mohammad Haidarasl lives directly below Redus at the Treehouse Apartments.

He told My San Antonio that he was asleep on his sofa when he heard an exchange between Redus and Carter.

'I heard [a man] say, "Oh, you're gonna shoot me?" like sarcastic almost,' he said.

Less than a minute later, Haidarasl heard four to six gunshots. He only realized the man who had been shot was his upstairs neighbor, whom Haidrasl described as 'the nicest guy.'

Carter has been placed on administrative leave while officers investigate the shooting.

University officials describe him as having 'extensive law enforcement background.'

According to records viewed by My San Antonio, Carter has had nine jobs at eight different agencies over his eight-year law enforcement career.

He rarely stayed in any job for more than a year and the two years and seven months as a campus officer for UIW was the longest stint in his career.

Officers investigating the incident haven't attempted to contact Haidrasl about what he heard, Haidrasl told My San Antonio.

Back in Redus' hometown of Baytown, the promising student's mother, father, brothers and friends are struggling to understand their loss.

'We are understandably devastated by the death of our dear son Cameron and we ask for your prayers as we deal with our tragic loss. We trust that God is faithful and will see us through this most difficult time,' the victim's family said in a statement.

Redus old friends from high school were shocked to hear the news.

'He was so kind. He’s not an aggressive person at all,' friend Sara Davis told KHOU. 'The story doesn’t really make sense to any of us.'

'He was an honor student, dean’s list every semester, incredibly intelligent,' said Annie Jones. 'So, so, so smart. He was our co-valedictorian in high school.'

A vigil has been set for 7pm on Saturday at the University of the Incarnate Word grotto.

According to ABC, Redus' family has hired an attorney.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...llege-cop.html

Old December 10th, 2013 #136
Jae Manzel

Default US cops blew more than $26m buying 1.1m cell phone files from telcos

An investigation by Senator Edward Markey (D-MA) into the monitoring of cellphones has found that US police paid telecommunications companies more than $26m to hand over location information, metadata, and sometimes the content of their customers' messages to cops in the US last year.

Senator Markey sent letters to the major US mobile providers asking how they handled requests from law enforcement, and found that last year telcos passed over 1.1 million records about customers to federal, state, and local law enforcement officials. For this cooperation T-Mobile banked about $11m, with Verizon bagging a little under $5m, and AT&T getting "approximately $10,298,000" in fees.

"Have no doubt, police see our mobile devices as the go-to source for information, likely in part because of the lack of privacy protections afforded by the law," said Christopher Calabrese, legislative counsel at the ACLU’s Washington Legislative Office.

"Our mobile devices quite literally store our most intimate thoughts as well as the details of our personal lives. The idea that police can obtain such a rich treasure trove of data about any one of us without appropriate judicial oversight should send shivers down our spines."

While the total number of customers investigated by the police appears to have dropped from the 1.3 million records requests Markey noted in 2011, last year's figures are underreported, he said, since Sprint declined to provide numbers on the grounds that it depended on how you counted such requests.

Markey also said the police requested more than 9,000 dumps of cell tower data in which every mobile in range of a base station is logged, warning this could mean tens of thousands more Americans were surveilled.

"As law enforcement uses new technology to protect the public from harm, we also must protect the information of innocent Americans from misuse," said Senator Markey, a member of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee.

"Disclosure of personal information from wireless devices raises significant legal and privacy concerns, particularly for innocent consumers. That is why I plan to introduce legislation so that Americans can have confidence that their information is protected and standards are in place for the retention and disposal of this sensitive data."

Worryingly, telcos also seem happy to hand over the content of some messages on very limited pretexts. AT&T shares stored texts or voicemails older than 180 days old with a subpoena, while Verizon requires a warrant for disclosing text messages, but not necessarily for voicemails. T-Mobile requires a warrant for both text and voicemail messages.

"We need a 4th amendment for the 21st century," Markey said. "If the police want to know where you are, we should know why. When law enforcement access location information, it as sensitive and personal as searching an individual's home and should be treated commensurately."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12...m_mobile_data/

Old December 10th, 2013 #137
Jae Manzel

Default Not just the NSA: Local cops tap cellphone data

The National Security Agency isn't the only government entity secretly collecting data from people's cellphones. Local police are increasingly scooping it up, too.

Armed with new technologies, including mobile devices that tap into cellphone data in real time, dozens of local and state police agencies are capturing information about thousands of cellphone users at a time, whether they are targets of an investigation or not, according to public records obtained by USA TODAY and Gannett newspapers and TV stations.

The records, from more than 125 police agencies in 33 states, reveal:

• About one in four law-enforcement agencies have used a tactic known as a "tower dump," which gives police data about the identity, activity and location of any phone that connects to the targeted cellphone towers over a set span of time, usually an hour or two. A typical dump covers multiple towers, and wireless providers, and can net information from thousands of phones.

• At least 25 police departments own a Stingray, a suitcase-size device that costs as much as $400,000 and acts as a fake cell tower. The system, typically installed in a vehicle so it can be moved into any neighborhood, tricks all nearby phones into connecting to it and feeding data to police. In some states, the devices are available to any local police department via state surveillance units. The federal government funds most of the purchases, via anti-terror grants.

• Thirty-six more police agencies refused to say whether they've used either tactic. Most denied public records requests, arguing that criminals or terrorists could use the information to thwart important crime-fighting and surveillance techniques.

Police maintain that cellphone data can help solve crimes, track fugitives or abducted children or even foil a terror attack.

Organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union and Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) say the swelling ability by even small-town police departments to easily and quickly obtain large amounts of cellphone data raises questions about the erosion of people's privacy as well as their Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure.

"I don't think that these devices should never be used, but at the same time, you should clearly be getting a warrant," said Alan Butler of EPIC.

In most states, police can get many kinds of cellphone data without obtaining a warrant, which they'd need to search someone's house or car. Privacy advocates, legislators and courts are debating the legal standards with increasing intensity as technology — and the amount of sensitive information people entrust to their devices — evolves.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/natio...olice/3912795/

Old December 10th, 2013 #138
Jae Manzel

Default NYPD cops beat up my loved ones, killed my parakeet: Staten Island mom

Evelyn Lugo, 57, the mother of 10 children, says in a lawsuit that cops entered her home without a warrant, beat her loved ones with batons and heartlessly killed her beloved bird, Tito. Since the violent incident, Lugo says she has been 'sick and depressed

City cops barged into the home of a Staten Island mom without a warrant, beat up her family and callously killed her pet parakeet, according to court papers.

Evelyn Lugo’s beloved bird Tito was ejected from his cage after it was knocked off a dresser when cops came into the St. George home, the lawsuit alleges.

“I screamed, ‘The bird!’ ” Lugo’s daughter Anna Febles told the Daily News, “and he said, ‘F--- the bird,’ and he, like, stepped on it.”

“I was shocked,” Febles, 30, said. “It was a blue and green bird. It was really pretty.”

Lugo, 57, the mother of 10 children, was not informed of Tito’s demise until the next day because her daughters feared she would become hysterical.

Lugo was already dealing with the stress of two sons and a daughter who had been arrested and grandchildren traumatized by pepper spray used inside the home.

“They (the cops) don’t care about us as humans, they’re going to care about the bird?” she said.

The violent incident occurred Sept. 2, 2012, as Lugo’s family was celebrating a Labor Day barbecue, the suit said.

Lugo’s son Edwin Avellanet was taking a bag of garbage outside when cops stopped and questioned him about an orange construction cone placed in front of their Corson Ave. home to save a parking spot, according to lawyer Jason Leventhal.

The cops demanded to see identification and Avellanet, 26, refused, stating that he had done nothing wrong. A cop grabbed Avellanet by the arm, but he was able to break free and retreat into the house, according to the suit.

The lawyer said cops started smashing several first-floor windows with their equipment. Lugo opened the front door to see who was outside and the cops barged in, Leventhal said.

“It was completely uncalled for,” Leventhal said. “There was no excuse for going into the house without a warrant.”

Additional cops arrived and swarmed throughout the house looking for Avellanet.

“They threw me like a piece of garbage on the floor,” Lugo said.

Another son, George Lugo, and family friend Luis Ortega were struck in the head repeatedly with a baton and suffered severe facial injuries, according to the complaint filed Nov. 29 in Brooklyn Federal Court.

Lugo’s daughter, Alba Cuevas, has asthma and was having difficulty breathing due to the pepper spray cops used. She ducked into a bedroom to catch her breath and was arrested. Criminal charges against Ortega, Lugo and Cuevas were later dismissed and sealed, according to the suit. Avellanet, the subject of the cops’ initial stop-and-question, was not charged.

“Ever since then I have been sick and depressed,” Lugo said. “I was hurt on the inside, in my heart.”

The suit, alleging unlawful search and seizure, excessive force and malicious prosecution, seeks unspecified damages.

A spokeswoman for the city Law Department said a copy of the suit had not yet been received. An NYPD spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2n4LTQXIr

Old December 10th, 2013 #139
Gordon Green
Banned

Guess I'll have to say it again. We need to donate money to the cause of Freeing Mumia.

Old December 10th, 2013 #140
Dalton Fury

Default Beaner "cop" charged in sex assault of mentally disabled woman and six others

California cop charged in sex assault of mentally disabled woman and six others

Thread