VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 8th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Your local dialects

A while ago I did a thread about dialects in general in the same section . .

This thread is supposed to be about the dialects spoken in your respective areas , no matter the country . .

An example about my area. The people of Lower-Saxony of which Bremen is a part in the long run (Bremen is a city-state ) don't really communicate a dialect anymore . .

In old times they gave up their 'Plattdeutsch' ( Northern German ) for Hochdeutsch ( standard german ) . . I already gave the development behind this occurance in the other thread.

So . . not really any 'Plattdeutsch'-communicators in my area. ( the Plattdeutsch-talkers in my area are mostly farmers or very down-to-earth people ) . .

However , despite us communicating Hochdeutsch we still have a strong Northern German accent , some say . . Which means , despite talking relatively neutral hochdeutsch we can be detected by our acccent.

- - -

Thus far concerning me . .

. . what about you ?

- - -

What I know about the dialect-situation in other countries . . .

I know that the USA also has different accents to say the least , the British Isles , that inside France for example it is said that the people of Paris talk 'the most understandable French' , that Castilian is the 'purest form of Spanish' , for example . .

I would be curious about people from Eastern Europe ( I know we have some here ) and of course also other nationalities.

- - -

Dialects , dialects , dialects ......

Well . . maybe mankind should have been a bit more careful at the 'tower of babel'

. .

Just kidding guys.
- - -

What's your talk ?

Thread