VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 10th, 2012 #181
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
You see, when you miss the first film, the sequel never really makes much sense. To those of us who have seen the first film, it makes perfect sense.

It's not the fact that we like (all) the events described, or would find them (all) amusing to watch, it's the fact that the vision perfectly tallies with the bilge poured out in the opening ceremony.

Someone has taken their leftist vision of Britain as depicted in the Olympics ceremony and derided it.

Look: do you seriously imagine we would enjoy this:

No, that wouldn't be funny or typical of Britain at all. Neither was the opening ceremony. And that is what the writer is saying.

Is this (or the killing of De Menezes (sp?) a stunning piece of British history to be celebrated?

No, it wouldn't be. And neither was anything in the ceremony.

I admit it's hard to understand but the whole thing is not a funny ceremony, it's a pisstaking swipe at the marxists who put on the opening ceremony which presented their perverted vision of British history and THAT is what is funny.
I understand fully what the writer was trying to convey. However, by suggesting that it is somehow 'over the top' to oppose Zionist wars and the robber baron Empire, he's lumping in legitimate issues that any Lime with half a brain would support with the 'dreaded Left wing scum'.

Quote:
I'm not seeing anybody here thinking that is funny?
British 'humor' is rife with crossdressing. Just ask your boy Eddie Izzard.

Quote:
There's a lot you don't see, isn't there?
You advised him to stay on his own side of the pond instead of commenting on American affairs.
There's a lot you don't see as well, I take it. He commented about how scared he was to be in New Jersey, so I told his candy ass to stay away if he was so frightened. Nothing to do with 'commenting on American affairs'. What the fuck do I care if someone comments on American affairs?

Quote:
If you don't understand our affairs, perhaps the same applies to you? Is that more within your reach?
I understand your affairs better than you think. The majority of your 'Nationalists' are confused queen worshipping Imperialists. If you were honest with yourselves, you'd realize that Britain isn't a Nation at all, but a State. To most Europeans, "British Nationalism" is an oxymoron, and the clownish antics of the majority under that banner are met with scorn.

Quote:
Incidentally, andy's not technically a Brit and I suspect has more right to comment on Irish affairs than you do
Ooh, I doubt that, pet. Anyone who makes 6,600 posts pumping up UK interests is suspect as an Irishman at best.

Quote:
and certainly more right than I do.
That goes without saying.

Old August 11th, 2012 #182
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McQuade View Post
I understand fully what the writer was trying to convey. However, by suggesting that it is somehow 'over the top' to oppose Zionist wars and the robber baron Empire, he's lumping in legitimate issues that any Lime with half a brain would support with the 'dreaded Left wing scum'.
If you're talking about:

Quote:
The era of Conservatism gives way to a depiction of New Labour betrayal and a condemnation of the war in Iraq. Thousands of Not In My Name marchers are murdered in Trafalgar Square by helicopter gunships piloted by Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell.
then it is not a comment on the war but a comment on the way anti-war protesters were treated.

Quote:
British 'humor' is rife with crossdressing. Just ask your boy Eddie Izzard.

Ah yes - a non sequitur about a man born in the Yemen and propelled to "stardom" by the United States in a film called Secret Agent. He then supported Robin Williams on some sort of US stand up tour and the Americans loved him and secured his place in the spotlight as a "star".

I guess Americans like that kind of humour, We tend not to.

Quote:
There's a lot you don't see as well, I take it. He commented about how scared he was to be in New Jersey, so I told his candy ass to stay away if he was so frightened. Nothing to do with 'commenting on American affairs'. What the fuck do I care if someone comments on American affairs?
Well, I didn't read the post in question.

Quote:
I understand your affairs better than you think. The majority of your 'Nationalists' are confused queen worshipping Imperialists. If you were honest with yourselves, you'd realize that Britain isn't a Nation at all, but a State. To most Europeans, "British Nationalism" is an oxymoron, and the clownish antics of the majority under that banner are met with scorn.
Actually, it's a political construct.

Quote:
Ooh, I doubt that, pet. Anyone who makes 6,600 posts pumping up UK interests is suspect as an Irishman at best.
Well doubt away all you patronisingly like but you're still wrong. He is an Irishman but has adopted the country he now lives in and takes an interest in its affairs. Perfectly reasonable and far preferable to the Irish who come over and then spend all their waking minutes sobbing into their Guinness over how they "miss the dear old land" and how they hate this "godforsaken place", surely?

Non-"British" Whites integrating and defying the "state" political construct of Britain that you hate so much. A good thing, no?

Quote:
That goes without saying.
Ah - so you do accept that he is Irish after all. I should have jumped straight to the end of your post instead of replying to the last quote where you doubted that he was.

Old August 12th, 2012 #183
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Quote:
Non-"British" Whites integrating and defying the "state" political construct of Britain that you hate so much. A good thing, no?
Look at you with your fancy crossed out text strikethrough text.

A little less typographical flourish and a little more cognizability would help me to understand what you're asking.

Old August 12th, 2012 #184
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McQuade View Post
Look at you with your fancy crossed out text strikethrough text.

A little less typographical flourish and a little more cognizability would help me to understand what you're asking.
The question was perfectly simple.

Old August 12th, 2012 #185
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
It’s just a pity that from this income he doesn’t pay all his taxes in Britain — and so help finance the public services that were honoured at the Olympic opening ceremony in which he took part.
Ah yes...that's where all of the World problems stem from, isn't it? People who don't pay taxes unto the juden (system) ALL should be under the yoke of Zion. Only the holocost was worse.

Old August 12th, 2012 #186
Bev
drinking tea

Default Post-Games plans for the Olympic stadium

Quote:
It has played host to more than two million visitors who poured through the gates to witness two weeks of spectacular sporting achievements from the world's top athletes at the London 2012 Olympics.

And plans are in place to ensure London's Olympic Park continues to draw crowds long after the 2012 Games have drawn to a close.

The venue is set to reopen to the public from July 27 next year as the newly named and new-look Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.

Legacy: The Olympic Park, which is to be renamed the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, will re-open to the public in July next year

The venue is being billed as a visitor destination and community park unlike any other in the UK, with some of the venues which have been graced by the world's top sport stars at London 2012.
A visitor destination and community park? Ahhh - that sounds nice! So it's being given to the British people, then?

Quote:
Transformation of the 560-acre site in Stratford, east London, is set to take 18 months from October.

Major international competitions will be held at the Olympic Stadium even though its new tenants have not yet been confirmed.

Four bids are in the running to make the showpiece venue their new home after the Games.

Bids from West Ham United, Leyton Orient, Intelligent Transport Services in association with Formula One, and UCFB College of Football Business will be assessed to ensure they are compliant, before being evaluated ahead of negotiations, according to the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC).

It is set to become the new national home for athletics and to host the IAAF 2017 World Athletics Championships.
Oh. It's not being given to the public, then.

Quote:
The venue has been earmarked to become a leading centre for technology, design and research which could generate more than 4,000 jobs.

Up to 20,000 journalists used the venue during the Games. Afterwards, the Broadcast Centre will offer 95,000 sq ft of office space over five floors and 575,000 sq ft of commercial space over two floors.

The five-storey press centre will provide around 317,000 sq ft of prime office space with the potential for retail use on the ground floor.
£££££££££££kerching.

The aim is for it to be a digital hub which could use local east London talent but also with a community focus after the Games. A conference centre and a pedestrian square for broadcasting major sporting events, along with cafes, restaurants and bars, are among the plans.

The LLDC claims it has set 'tough but achievable' requirements that must be met before any agreement for lease is formally signed.

Quote:
Estimates suggest 800,000 visitors a year will use the Aquatics Centre when the Park reopens.

The two temporary wings will be stripped away to cut the capacity to 2,500 after the Games. It will be possible to increase the venue capacity for major competitions, the LLDC said.

It had a 17,500-capacity for the Games, under a 160m x 80m wave-like roof which has a longer single span than Heathrow Terminal 5.

It features a 50m competition pool, a 25m competition diving pool, a 50m warm-up pool and a "dry" warm-up area for divers.

Users will range from community clubs to schools and elite swimmers and the venue's moveable booms and floors can be shifted to create different depths and pool sizes to fit swimmers of various abilities and experience.
Sounds expensive to use.

Prediction: it will be packed solid for the first six months and then people will go back to using their cheaper local baths when the novelty has worn off.

Quote:
A creche, changing facilities, a cafe and a new public plaza in front of the building are some of the features that will be installed.

Greenwich Leisure Limited has been named as the operator.

The Copper Box, where the handball and some modern pentathlon disciplines were held, is to become a multi-use sports centre for the community, athlete training and events. Greenwich Leisure Limited has again been named as operator.

Its flexible design and retractable seating mean it will be suitable for activities ranging from international competition to community sports. Legacy chiefs hope indoor sports such as basketball, handball, badminton, boxing, martial arts, netball, table tennis, wheelchair rugby and volleyball could be played there.

A health and fitness club with changing facilities and a cafe for use by the local community are also planned.
You can hope in one hand and sh*t in the other, and no prizes for guessing which will fill up faster.

Quote:
Temporary areas used for the media and technology equipment during the Games will be converted to provide extra spectator facilities. The athletes' changing rooms will be turned into changing areas.

The first homes on the Park are to be ready at the end of 2014.

The North Park, a nature-themed community sector and playground also including the 7,500 multi-use sport, entertainment and community arena, will be the first area to reopen in July next year.

The east London boroughs of Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest will all have entrances to the North Park and visitors could walk there through Eton Manor.

The rest of the North Park, including the Lee Valley VeloPark and more visitor access points, is set to open at the end of 2013.

The South Plaza, sitting between the Olympic Stadium, Aquatics Centre and the ArcelorMittal Orbit, is set to open at Easter 2014.

At this point visitors will have access to the whole of the Park.

New entrances will open via Westfield shopping centre and Stratford High Street in Newham.

Planners see this area as tree-lined promenades which connect spaces that can be used in a variety of ways including for cultural programmes, pop-up street food stalls and community events.

Structures used during the Games, such as temporary venues, bridges, walkways and roads, will be stripped out during the transformation.

The closure is also when the Park will be connected to the surrounding area with new roads, cycleways and foot paths.

Permanent venues, bridges and parklands will be completed ready for everyday use by residents and visitors during this time.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187205/A-visitor-destination-like-How-Olympic-Park-transformed-following-spectacular-London-Games.html
safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...don-Games.html normal

Sounds great on paper, but experience suggests we should wait a few months before getting excited......

One year ago today, we were told:

Quote:
The Olympic Village was today sold to a Middle Eastern developer for £557 million in a deal that leaves UK taxpayers about £175 million out of pocket.

It was bought by Qatari Diar, the oil-rich state's investment arm, and retail developer Delancey and will be converted into a neighbourhood of 2,800 homes after the Games.

Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt hailed a "fantastic deal" and Olympic officials insisted they never expected to recoup the village's £1 billion building costs.

The contract signing follows the 2009 announcement that housing association Triathlon Homes will invest £268 million buying 1,379 houses. It means the sale of the park, which had to be funded by the taxpayer after private developers deserted during the credit crunch, will raise £825 million.

Qatari Diar already owns the Chelsea Barracks site and will redevelop the US embassy in Grosvenor Square and the Shell Centre on the South Bank. Qatar was chosen this year to host the 2022 World Cup.

Delancey and Qatari Diar will acquire 1,439 homes from the Olympic Delivery Authority and six adjacent development plots with the potential for a further 2,000 houses. The deal includes a profit-share for the public sector that should provide income in the future.

The majority of the properties are to be rented rather than sold, creating the first privately-held fund of more than 1,000 homes in the UK.

The first tenants are due in 2013, once the village is converted. None of the homes currently includes a kitchen because athletes will eat at a purpose-built dining hall.

Mr Hunt said: "The village will be the centrepiece of a new, vibrant East London community." ODA boss Dennis Hone said: "This deal will deliver a significant return to the public purse and a first-class owner for the village.

"It secures two top property investors with the experience and expertise needed to make the village one of the strongest legacies from the Games."

Nearly 1,000 of the 2,818 homes will be family units with three or four bedrooms. The village will include an academy, clinics, shops and bars.

http://www.standard.co.uk/olympics/olympic-news/olympic-village-sold-to-qatari-firm-for-557m-6432234.html
safe

http://www.standard.co.uk/olympics/o...m-6432234.html normal

Old August 12th, 2012 #187
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
It seems that you can now be arrested for not smiling when an Olympic event is taking place. So I had better watch out in case I am wrestled to the ground and carted off by some Compulsory Happiness snatch squad.

For I have not been smiling nearly enough. I have watched two or three races on the TV.

There is still something thrilling in a raw contest among men and women stretched to the uttermost, in which there can be only one winner.

It is refreshingly unlike modern Britain, where the very idea that there must be losers for there to be winners is banned from most schools, and denied by our political leaders.

But I can summon up little interest in all the other alleged sports, dancing animals, underwater basketball, bikini display or whatever they are.

As a lifelong cyclist, I find myself startlingly unmoved by Olympic cycling. It is too technological, too dependent on machines and airlocks. The riders look like aliens in their special outfits.

But good luck to you if you have enjoyed it. I am happy for you, provided I’m allowed to differ from you.

The trouble is, I’m not sure I am. From the moment these Olympics started, there’s been a strong smell of New Labour totalitarianism.

Those who have dared to say they didn’t like the Opening Ceremony have been lectured and made to feel isolated.

The BBC even transmitted an astonishing personal attack on me in which I was misrepresented (they have since apologised, an event as rare as a Lottery win, but alas the apology is nothing like good enough).

Now someone called Armando Iannucci, who is famous for something, has called me a ‘scribbling cynic’ and proclaimed that I and those like me ‘took a hell of a beating’.

I think this is because the British team has won a lot of medals, and the Opening Ceremony has been much praised.

I can’t see why an Olympic opening ceremony should have any politics in it at all.

But remember how deeply the Blairite Cosa Nostra was involved in securing the Olympics for London at all costs, and how their heirs, the Cameron Tories, have taken up the baton.

Why? I think the pitiful failure of the Millennium Dome rankled badly with the Blairites. They were and are revolutionaries. They had long hoped to use the new century to proclaim Year One of their nasty, tatty, multicultural, anti-Christian New Britain.

Put simply, I think they wanted to undo the magic of the 1953 Coronation Ceremony, with modernist incantations and a censored, reordered version of our national history. The Olympics were a second chance, in which a normal love of sport could be converted into an anti-conservative wave of feeling.

And behold, they have done it. I don’t begrudge the winners their joy, or the spectators their delight. But do Olympic medals make a nation great?

Was the USSR a great nation because it won lots of them? Is Jamaica a stable and happy society because Usain Bolt is a great athlete?

Would you rather have Australia’s thriving economy, or Britain’s medal tally? And by the way, have Prince William and his wife forgotten that they are future monarchs of Australia?

In a free country, there is no obvious connection between sporting achievement and national standing. The truth is that we have used scarce money to hire coaches, buy equipment and subsidise athletes in sports where competition is weak.

When all this is over, we will still be broke, disorderly, badly educated and gravely troubled by the greatest wave of mass immigration in our history. I cannot see why I should smile about that.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2187046/If-believe-Olympic-glory-makes-nation-great-just-remember-USSR.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...mber-USSR.html normal

Another reasonable analysis from Hitchens.

Old August 12th, 2012 #188
Bev
drinking tea

Default Olympics worker arrested over online child abuse charges as 200 paedophiles are tracked down on Twitter in just 2 hours

Quote:
A worker at the Olympics has been arrested on the suspicion of using Twitter to share indecent information and pictures of sexually abused children.

The 49-year-old man was detained by police as he left his home at 5.30am on Friday morning to go to work.

He was arrested after an investigation on Twitter found hundreds of users prepared to share pornographic content depicting children.

Metropolitan Police’s Paedophile Unit went on the man’s East London home which is less than 500 yards from a primary school and overlooks a playground.

A 47-year-old woman was also taken into custody and they were released on bail following the investigation by the Sunday Mirror.

Police seized multiple bags of items including computer equipment acting upon the information given to them by the newspaper.

It took the Sunday Mirror’s team mere minutes before 20 users were uncovered openly expressing their interest in underage children.

Two hours later they had found over 200 accounts which led to child protection expert Mark Williams-Thomas calling the use of Twitter by molesters and child abusers ‘out of control’.

Paedophiles use the site openly, asking for others with the same deprived interests for pictures and videos.

Some have young children as their profile pictures while others use handles such as @pedo_bear.

Twitter has over 500million users, many of them young teenagers and children who follow their idols such as Usain Bolt, Cheryl Cole and the stars of reality shows such as TOWIE.

Criminologist Williams-Thomas who let the Sunday Mirror investigation said Twitter provides ‘and open platform for paedophiles’ and added that Twitter is five years behind Facebook when it comes to policing and monitoring the content published on the site.

Del Harvey, director of trust and safety for Twitter said: ‘This is a very important issue that we deal with as quickly and thoroughly as possible’

‘Not only is this high priority for the company, but I personally understand the scope and severity of the issue, having spent the past ten years working to combat this sort of content from being distributed.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187295/Olympics-worker-arrested-online-child-abuse-charges-200-paedophiles-tracked-Twitter-just-hours.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ust-hours.html normal

Old August 13th, 2012 #189
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Five Olympic boxers from Cameroon who disappeared during the Games wish to remain in Britain to develop their careers, it has emerged.

The men say the Cameroon Olympic delegation 'threatened' them so they fled from the Olympic village in Stratford, east London last week.

Thomas Essomba, Christian Donfack Adjoufack, Abdon Mewoli, Blaise Yepmou Mendouo and Serge Ambomowere, are among seven athletes from the African nation who have disappeared.

But at a meeting with reporters in a secret location they claimed they want to stay put in the UK not for economic reasons but because there is no support for athletes in their home country.

The boxers, who have a visa to stay in the UK until November, claim Olympic officials from their country had treated them badly and the amount they were promised in bonuses had been halved.

Mendouo said officials had asked them to hand over their passports after their fights and tried to send them home before the Games had finished.

In a BBC interview, Mendouo said they decided to fight 'as we are fighters' and said the group was looking for a sponsor to back them and secure long-term residency.

He said: 'We want to become professional. We cannot return to Cameroon... if we return, we will not practise anymore.'

However, head of the Cameroon delegation to the Olympics, David Ojong, refuted the allegations and claimed last week that the seven sportsmen had left to stay in Europe for economic reasons.

Mr Ojong said in a message sent to Cameroon's Ministry of Sports and Physical Education at the time: 'What began as rumour has finally turned out to be true. Seven Cameroonian athletes who participated at the 2012 London Olympic Games have disappeared from the Olympic Village.'

The five boxers all disappeared after being eliminated from the games last Sunday.

Reserve women's goalkeeper, Drusille Ngako, who was not one of the 18 included in the final squad for the Olympics, went missing shortly before Cameroon's last friendly match.

Whilst her team-mates left for Coventry for their game against New Zealand, she vanished.

A few days later, swimmer Paul Ekane Edingue and his personal belongings were also not found in his room.

International Olympic Committee officials said last week they had not been notified about the missing athletes.

The disappearances are not the first time Cameroonian athletes have gone missing during international sports competitions.

At past Francophonie and Commonwealth games events, as well as at junior soccer competitions, several Cameroonians have quit their delegation without official consent.

The UK Border Agency could not confirm whether the boxers had sought asylum in Britain.

The seven - who are members of Cameroon's Olympic team - pictured during the opening ceremony, may be intending to claim asylum in Britain after going missing.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187663/Five-Cameroon-boxers-vanished-Olympics-claim-threatened-want-stay-UK-develop-careers.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...p-careers.html normal

Old August 14th, 2012 #190
Bev
drinking tea

Default And now the race to be first to claim asylum: Four members of Congo's Olympic team go missing

Quote:
Four members of Congo’s Olympic team were said to have gone missing in London yesterday as thousands of their fellow London 2012 athletes and officials flew home.

Their disappearance took the number of African athletes and delegates attending London 2012 who have vanished from their camps or sought political asylum in Britain to 15.

Immigration officials expect that number to increase sharply when athletes’ special London 2012 visas expire in November.

Details of the apparent Congo defections came as it emerged that at least five members of the Cameroon team have pleaded to be allowed to stay in Britain rather than returning with teammates yesterday.

The Home Office refused to say whether the five, all boxers, were seeking asylum.

Two members of the Sudanese team and one Ethiopian are reported to have sought asylum in the UK, one Sudanese is missing, and two other members of the Cameroon team – a swimmer and a female footballer – have also disappeared after suddenly vanishing from the Olympic Village.

A UN-run radio station in Congo said Cedric Mandembo, who competed for the central African country in judo, disappeared after the closing ceremony and has not been reachable on his mobile phone.

He lost his match after 49 seconds and is said to have left the Olympic Village without saying where he was going. He had been due to fly home last night.

Congo judo coach Ibula Masengo, boxing trainer Blaise Bekwa, and national technical director of athletics Guy Nkita had also gone missing, it was claimed. They too were said to have left the Olympic Village with their luggage.

The Home Office declined to comment on the individual cases. Congo team officials were ‘out of contact’ returning home while no one was available for comment at the country’s London embassy.

The disappearances come at a hugely sensitive time for the Government after the success of the Olympics and with the Paralympics due to begin in two weeks.

It follows fears from immigration staff that up to 2 per cent of Olympic visitors from some continents may claim refuge in the UK in the months after the Games.

Authorities in Cameroon, which is regarded as one of the more stable countries in Africa, have accused the boxers of wanting to be economic migrants and say they should have returned home with other athletes.

But the Olympians, who absconded from their Stratford, East London, village last week, told the BBC they had been threatened and wanted a sponsor to help them stay in Britain.

Boxer Thomas Essomba said that there was no support for athletes in Cameroon, adding: ‘We are not staying here because we don’t like our country, but [because we] want to practise the sports we love. We want to become professional. We cannot return to Cameroon... if we return, we will not practise any more.’

As well as claiming they were threatened, the boxers said promised bonuses had been halved.

However, David Ojong, the head of the Cameroon delegation to the Olympics, accused the boxers of lying and said they were making up the allegation to justify desertion.

The seven - who are members of Cameroon's Olympic team pictured during the opening ceremony - claim they want to stay in Britain to practise the sport that they love and not for economic reasons

The seven - who are members of Cameroon's Olympic team pictured during the opening ceremony - claim they want to stay in Britain to practise the sport that they love and not for economic reasons

Investigators have identified several countries where they ‘expect’ asylum claims from athletes and supporters given visas specifically to attend London 2012. Several are African and Middle Eastern.

Asylum claims are not unusual at sporting events. At the 2002 Commonwealth Games more than 20 members of one West African country sought to stay on in Britain.

Before the 2008 Olympics seven members of the Cuban soccer team sought asylum after a qualifying game in the US, and the entire Eritrean national soccer team fled during a 2009 competition in Kenya.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187663/And-race-to-claim-asylum-Four-members-Congos-Olympic-team-missing-Cameroon-boxers-plead-stay-Britain.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-Britain.html normal

Did they really expect anything different?

Old August 14th, 2012 #191
Dawn Cannon

Quote:

Did they really expect anything different?
They are positively counting on it:

1/ keep funding for all their various and many orgs. alive and justify their existence

2/ rub the face of the native people in shit

Some groups supporting gay male and female athletes and officials have openly encouraged them to take advantage of being in the UK to claim asylum and seek protection from persecution in their home country.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz23WaaUN00

Old August 14th, 2012 #192
Alex Linder
Administrator

Olympic Requiem...
...in the ‘Indigenocidal’ State

By Colin Liddell

Here in the UK the London Olympic Games have been considered a great success. After two weeks of competition, the British Olympic team has won an astounding 29 gold medals and has finished third in the medals table, above the mighty Russians and below only the USA and China. One of the most mentioned facts in recent days is the single gold medal we won at the 1996 Olympics. On the naïve level of simple, uncomplicated sporting enthusiasm it has been a resounding success, and an easy sell to the sporting inclinations of the UK public.

But looking at the bigger picture, the hidden agendas, and the crunched numbers, a different picture starts to emerge; one that suggests Britain’s Olympic success is merely the phosphorescent glow of an entity walking in death’s shadow.

When London won the ‘privilege’ of hosting the Olympics back in 2005, the British public were assured that the Games would boost the UK economy. As we entered the period of economic turbulence and prolonged recession that followed the Subprime Crash, the idea of the Olympics as an economic panacea became ever more entrenched. This was despite the fact that the last four Olympics all saw dramatic downturns in tourist revenues in the countries that hosted them. The present Olympics have revealed a similar pattern, with reports of the number of normal tourists driven away by security and congestion fears far outweighing the number of sports enthusiasts popping into town for their particular obsessions.

The bean counters in London – and London is a city that is mainly famous for its bean counters – certainly had more than an inkling that this would be the effect, especially as the UK has long been oversold as a tourist destination.

But the Olympic spectacle, despite the excesses of sponsorship and corporate hijacking, is not about profit so much as propaganda for the nation that hosts the event. With Beijing 2008 the intent was clear: China wanted to fluff up its image from being a giant, totalitarian sweatshop to something a little cuddlier for its Western trading receptors. In the case of London 2012 the propaganda agenda was more subtle, but obvious to anyone watching the multi-cultural-friendly, multi-channel coverage from the BBC from an un-brainwashed state.

So, why did Britain shoot itself in the foot economically by pumping billions of pounds to put on an Olympic Games that actually harmed tourist revenue? The answer is because it has become an “indigenocidal state,” that is a state in which the demographic trends lead inexorably towards the destruction of the racial character of the nation’s original inhabitants.

There are several stages in this process, and Britain is probably in the early middle phase, where the original inhabitants have been culturally and politically disarmed, and in which minority groups and mixed race groups are growing fast. At this stage the indigenocidal state has two main concerns:

Quote:
(1) It must prevent the indigenous inhabitants perceiving their gradual genocide or prevent them seeing this in negative terms.

(2) It must prevent the colonizing ethnic minorities from being alienated to such an extent that their behaviour triggers off strong racial awareness among the indigenous group.
The engine driving this can either be a traitorous elite that feels contempt for its common people, which in a British context may be related to the class system as well as to the influence of globalist elements. Alternatively it could simply be driven by a ratchet effect that stems from economic factors, as any attempt to reverse the indigenocidal state would involve serious economic and political costs in the short-term.

The propaganda needs of the UK indigenocidal state explains why London pulled out all the stops to be selected as host city. The intention behind the Olympics became clear in the opening ceremony. To placate Britain’s Muslims the design for Team GB’s tracksuits and sportswear incorporated a blue cross of Saint George in the Union Jack pattern instead of a red one because the red cross was once a well-known crusading symbol.

Most viewers were impressed by the opening ceremony pageant. This presented a potted history of Britain that devalued past ages and was heavily weighted in favour of the multicultural present. It reduced thousands of years of British history to three simplistic stages:

Quote:
(1) Idyllic peasant society

(2) Industrialization scarring the landscape and oppressing the people

(3) Post-industrial healing through socialized medicine and multiculturalism
By highlighting the large number of non-White immigrants employed in the National Health Service, the pageant skilfully linked something the British public have deep misgivings about with something they have a great deal of belief in.

The content and tone of the pageant and the Olympic coverage that followed it focused disproportionately on Blacks. In the context of what happened in London last summer, when the city was shaken by riots, this could be viewed as abject appeasement.

During the pageant, there was a section that prominently featured race mixing as a positive and a thing to be taken entirely for granted. We saw a household with a Black father and White mother and their mulatto daughter, who lost her mobile phone which was then returned to her by a Black youth whom she then rewarded by kissing. The presumption was that they would then raise the next generation of even blacker Britons.

In addition to acclimatizing White Britons to having their daughters seduced and impregnated by Blacks, this segment seemed designed to send out a strong message to young Black males that they were not excluded, but are in fact valued and privileged members of society.

This is certainly the case for the British Olympic Committee, which goes out of its way to promote non-White athletes. The most obvious case of this was selection of Lutalo Mohammed (Black) instead the World number one Aaron Cook (White) to represent Britain in the under-80kg Taekwondo competition. Mohammed being Black and having a Muslim name was just too great a temptation for the box-ticking Team GB selectors to resist.

But why is it important for non-White and especially Black athletes to do well for Britain? The real answer is of course completely taboo. It is because, despite the best efforts of British society, Blacks are not the same as Whites and even with incessant affirmative action still find it difficult to achieve “equality.” Their lack of ability in most areas of society drives them to focus on those few areas where their abilities can count or which are allocated to them by the wider society as part of a kind of caste system. As in other Western countries this is usually low-grade crime, music entertainment, and some sports. Having Black athletes winning gold medals for the UK is perhaps the easiest way to create an illusion of positive, high-profile social inclusion.

In these Olympics Britain’s Black athletes did reasonably well. There were two boxing golds from Afro-Caribbeans – one male and one female – while Mohamed Farar, a refugee from Somalia, won two more gold medals in long distance running. The mulatto athlete Jessica Ennis also won the high-profile Heptathlon.

This meant that five of the UK’s 29 gold medals were won by Non-Whites, or around one sixth. But this proportion was still much lower than expected or hoped for. The script was for Blacks to feature much more prominently. The actual results meant that the media had to work harder to magnify the Black contribution to Britain’s medal tally and to the Olympics in general (Bolt mania) while subtly downplaying White success.

The proportion of Black medal winners in the UK’s tally was limited by two factors: Black failures and White successes. Because Black British athletes enjoy a degree of favouritism, they can often under-perform in competition. Lutalo Mohammed, the Taekwondo fighter, for example, ended up winning only a bronze. But a more significant and interesting factor was the success of Britain’s White athletes. But this success is not what it seems.

Any Olympic success is built on a mountain of training as well as a heap of also-rans who found out the hard way they didn’t have what it takes to succeed at a particular sport. Quite simply, sport is a losing game for most people. If you come from a minority that has shown little aptitude for anything else, then it makes sense to dedicate years of your life to the possibility of winning Olympic gold, as you have nothing to lose and nothing to gain elsewhere, especially if the society you live in supports this. This is quite opposite from the situation traditionally faced by bright young Whites. In the past, the large number of careers and opportunities offering a much more reliable chance of success and demanding less in the way of sacrifice meant that there was little temptation to get deeply involved in sport. Britain’s impressively high medal tally suggests that this is no longer the case.

A combination of recession, austerity, outsourcing, cheap immigrant labour, affirmative action (a.k.a. anti-White racism), and the rise of short-term contract work over permanent employment is now putting the squeeze on the kind of people who would never have dedicated their lives to sport before. For these people sport has now becoming the same kind of low-chance escape that it has always been for Blacks. In other words, intelligent and driven young White people have now been pushed by our society into the position once occupied by ethnic minorities. Gold medals won by Whites are now also tickets out of the ghetto. Celebrate that Britain!

http://www.alternativeright.com/main...enocial-state/

Old August 14th, 2012 #193
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Watched by billions around the world, it was billed as A Symphony Of British Music.

However, as British music talent performed at the Olympics closing ceremony, it soon became clear that nearly every artist on the bill had an incentive to perform.

While the lure of appearing on such a notable night should have been enough, there was also the additional sweetener of using the event to sell records, tour tickets, TV shows – and, for Victoria Beckham, designer clothes.

When George Michael strutted on stage, the crowd erupted as he performed one of his greatest hits, Freedom – only to follow it up with his unknown new single White Light, much to the chagrin of his fans.

During his performance, TV and radio presenter Richard Bacon tweeted: ‘I’m calling for a judge led, full public inquiry into George Michael’s second song-gate.’

And singer KT Tunstall wrote: ‘I’m still thinking about George Michael with no set or props, dancing alone in a stadium whilst plugging his new single. #didthathappen?’

But for Michael, the performance proved bountiful as he tweeted yesterday: ‘White Light EP debuts at NO.2 on itunes album chart !! THANK YOU ALL )’

Last night, a spokesman denied that the singer had made it a proviso that he had to sing White Light, written following his battle with pneumonia last year.

‘George wanted to perform his new single because it reflected everything he has been through in the last year,’ the spokesman said.

‘The song is a celebration of being alive because he was close to death last year. It was his decision to perform a song from the past and song for the present.’

For the Spice Girls, their long-awaited reunion on Sunday night came only months before the premiere of their West End musical, Viva Forever.

Kate Bush’s hit Running Up That Hill was played, and even though the famously private singer was not in the Olympic stadium, her Twitter account quickly announced that the song – now called ‘Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (2012 remix)’ – was to be re-released. It immediately shot to number seven in the iTunes chart.

Pop heartthrobs One Direction belted out their global hit, What Makes You Beautiful, an appearance bound to help sales of their world tour next year.

Victoria Beckham’s fashion range was also given a boost as it was included in the fashion hall of fame element of the show, with Georgia May Jagger modelling one of her dresses.

Jessie J performed twice – once alongside Tinie Tempah and Taio Cruz, and then with Queen – a great advertisement for her tour, which starts on Saturday and carries on to next March.

The Pet Shops Boys proved a big draw, which no doubt will aid the sale of their latest album, Elysium, out on September 10. The Who brought the concert to a close, a great plug for their tour of North America beginning in November.

Yesterday, Gennaro Castaldo of HMV said: ‘With British music at the heart of the closing ceremony it’s likely we’ll see another surge in album sales of many of the featured artists.’

A spokesman for Games organisers Locog said: ‘It would not be unusual for working artists and performers to be releasing records or going on tours. We chose the best artists and performers in the UK.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187963/London-2012-Pop-stars-struck-gold-Olympics-Records-tours-fashion--singers-plug.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gers-plug.html normal

Explains why Cliff Richard was rumoured to have performed at the opening ceremony for a quid.

Old August 14th, 2012 #194
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Winning a gold medal brings a $9,000 tax bill

By Chris Chase | Fourth-Place Medal – Wed, Aug 1, 2012 1:15 PM EDT.. .

(Getty Images)When Olympic medalists return to the United States, they're in high demand. Everyone, from Michael Phelps to a bronze medalist in judo will be sitting for television interviews, talking to newspapers, going to assemblies at local schools and celebrating with friends, family and young athletes. They'll also draw some unwanted interest from everyone's favorite bureaucrats: the IRS.

Medalists will have to pay hefty taxes for standing on the podium in London. It's not the value of the medal itself that will require a separate line on this years tax returns, it's the tax on the prize money that comes with a gold, silver or bronze.

The United States Olympic Committee rewards Olympic medalists with honorariums. A gold medal brings $25,000. Silver medals get you $15,000. And a bronze is worth $10,000.

The Weekly Standard, a conservative news magazine, ran the numbers and tabulated that the tax bill on a gold is $8,986, silver is $5,385 and bronze is $3,500.

They note that Missy Franklin, an amateur who has yet to cash in on her fame with endorsements, already owes $14,000 in taxes from her gold and silver medal. By the time the Games are finished, Franklin's tax bill could reach $30,000.

Come on, government. I know you're as inflexible as the IOC and couldn't decide on pizza toppings unless a bipartisan commission deliberated for 13 days, but you can't make an exception to athletes representing our country in the biggest event in the world? It's not unheard of: Military members are exempt from taxes when they're deployed in a combat zone.

UPDATE: Florida senator Marco Rubio (R) reacted to the story on Wednesday, proposing a bill that would leave athletes exempt from the federal tax. ""Our tax code is a complicated and burdensome mess that too often punishes success, and the tax imposed on Olympic medal winners is a classic example of this madness," he told reporters.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...5961--oly.html

Old August 14th, 2012 #195
Alex Linder
Administrator

All Olympics threads I could find have been merged. This makes it easier for anyone trying to dig up a story they remember long after these Olympics are over. So should be the general practice .

Old August 15th, 2012 #196
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
SIX more Africans in London for the Olympics were said to have gone missing last night after the end of the 2012 Games.

Three from Guinea and three from the Ivory Coast have disappeared as their teammates returned home, prompting speculation they will remain here and try to claim political asylum.

It brings the total number of athletes and delegates attending the Games who have vanished from their team camps, failed to return home or claimed asylum to 21.

All are here legally because the visas allowing them to stay do not expire until November.

Yesterday officials in the Ivory Coast said the unnamed three – two swimmers and a wrestling coach – had failed to return to the Olympic village.

Reports also claimed three Guinean athletes had vanished. They were named as swimmer Dede Camara, judo competitor Facinet Keita and runner Aicha Toure, and were said to have been missing since Saturday, the day before the closing ceremony.

‘Three members of the delegation have not returned to the Olympic village,’ said Adama Doumbia, of the ministry of sports and leisure in Ivory Coast.

Officials are already looking for four members of the Congo Olympic team. In addition, five members of the Cameroon team, all boxers, have asked to be allowed to stay in Britain rather than return home.

They say have been threatened in their home country, and complain that promised Olympic bonuses have been halved.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188496/Fears-asylum-claims-Olympic-athletes-missing-meant-home.html safe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eant-home.html normal

Old August 15th, 2012 #197
EDLIE Stampton
Banned

Quote.See you Jimmy McQuade.British 'humor' is rife with crossdressing. Just ask your boy Eddie Izzard. .Eddie Izzard is actually a fucking Paddy.....News just in.The Irish water polo team has lost its funding for the next Olympics.Seamus O Bjesus of the Olympic committee Na Eiren said.This was due to the extortionate cost of replacement horses.In the three months running up to the Olympics.The Irish water polo team lost nine thoroughbreds due to drowning..........News Flash...Three members of team GB athletics.Have reportedly applied for asylum in England.

Old August 15th, 2012 #198
littlefieldjohn

Default Olympic Requiem......in the ‘Indigenocidal’ State

"Here in the UK the London Olympic Games have been considered a great success. After two weeks of competition, the British Olympic team has won an astounding 29 gold medals and has finished third in the medals table, above the mighty Russians and below only the USA and China. One of the most mentioned facts in recent days is the single gold medal we won at the 1996 Olympics. On the naïve level of simple, uncomplicated sporting enthusiasm it has been a resounding success, and an easy sell to the sporting inclinations of the UK public.

But looking at the bigger picture, the hidden agendas, and the crunched numbers, a different picture starts to emerge; one that suggests Britain’s Olympic success is merely the phosphorescent glow of an entity walking in death’s shadow.

When London won the ‘privilege’ of hosting the Olympics back in 2005, the British public were assured that the Games would boost the UK economy.

As we entered the period of economic turbulence and prolonged recession that followed the Subprime Crash, the idea of the Olympics as an economic panacea became ever more entrenched.

This was despite the fact that the last four Olympics all saw dramatic downturns in tourist revenues in the countries that hosted them. The present Olympics have revealed a similar pattern, with reports of the number of normal tourists driven away by security and congestion fears far outweighing the number of sports enthusiasts popping into town for their particular obsessions.

The bean counters in London – and London is a city that is mainly famous for its bean counters – certainly had more than an inkling that this would be the effect, especially as the UK has long been oversold as a tourist destination.

But the Olympic spectacle, despite the excesses of sponsorship and corporate hijacking, is not about profit so much as propaganda for the nation that hosts the event.

With Beijing 2008 the intent was clear: China wanted to fluff up its image from being a giant, totalitarian sweatshop to something a little cuddlier for its Western trading receptors.
In the case of London 2012 the propaganda agenda was more subtle, but obvious to anyone watching the multi-cultural-friendly, multi-channel coverage from the BBC from an un-brainwashed state.So, why did Britain shoot itself in the foot economically by pumping billions of pounds to put on an Olympic Games that actually harmed tourist revenue? The answer is because it has become an “indigenocidal state,” that is a state in which the demographic trends lead inexorably towards the destruction of the racial character of the nation’s original inhabitants.

There are several stages in this process, and Britain is probably in the early middle phase, where the original inhabitants have been culturally and politically disarmed, and in which minority groups and mixed race groups are growing fast. At this stage the indigenocidal state has two main concerns:

(1) It must prevent the indigenous inhabitants perceiving their gradual genocide or prevent them seeing this in negative terms.

(2) It must prevent the colonizing ethnic minorities from being alienated to such an extent that their behaviour triggers off strong racial awareness among the indigenous group.

The engine driving this can either be a traitorous elite that feels contempt for its common people, which in a British context may be related to the class system as well as to the influence of globalist elements. Alternatively it could simply be driven by a ratchet effect that stems from economic factors, as any attempt to reverse the indigenocidal state would involve serious economic and political costs in the short-term.

The propaganda needs of the UK indigenocidal state explains why London pulled out all the stops to be selected as host city. The intention behind the Olympics became clear in the opening ceremony. To placate Britain’s Muslims the design for Team GB’s tracksuits and sportswear incorporated a blue cross of Saint George in the Union Jack pattern instead of a red one because the red cross was once a crusading symbol.

Most viewers were impressed by the opening ceremony pageant. This presented a potted history of Britain that devalued past ages and was heavily weighted in favour of the multicultural present. It reduced thousands of years of British history to three simplistic stages:

1) Idyllic peasant society

(2) Industrialization scarring the landscape and oppressing the people

(3) Post-industrial healing through socialized medicine and multiculturalism

By highlighting the large number of non-White immigrants employed in the National Health Service, the pageant skilfully linked something the British public have deep misgivings about with something they have a great deal of belief in.

The content and tone of the pageant and the Olympic coverage that followed it focused disproportionately on Blacks. In the context of what happened in London last summer, when the city was shaken by riots, this could be viewed as abject appeasement.

During the pageant, there was a section that prominently featured race mixing as a positive and a thing to be taken entirely for granted. We saw a household with a Black father and White mother and their mulatto daughter, who lost her mobile phone which was then returned to her by a Black youth whom she then rewarded by kissing. The presumption was that they would then raise the next generation of even blacker Britons.

In addition to acclimatizing White Britons to having their daughters seduced and impregnated by Blacks, this segment seemed designed to send out a strong message to young Black males that they were not excluded, but are in fact valued and privileged members of society.

This is certainly the case for the British Olympic Committee, which goes out of its way to promote non-White athletes. The most obvious case of this was selection of Lutalo Mohammed (Black) instead the World number one Aaron Cook (White) to represent Britain in the under-80kg Taekwondo competition. Mohammed being Black and having a Muslim name was just too great a temptation for the box-ticking Team GB selectors to resist.

But why is it important for non-White and especially Black athletes to do well for Britain? The real answer is of course completely taboo. It is because, despite the best efforts of British society, Blacks are not the same as Whites and even with incessant affirmative action still find it difficult to achieve “equality.”

Their lack of ability in most areas of expertise drives them to focus on those activities where their abilities can count or which are allocated to them by the wider society as part of a kind of caste system. As in other Western countries this is usually low-grade crime, music entertainment, and some sports. Having Black athletes winning gold medals for the UK is perhaps the easiest way to create an illusion of positive, high-profile social inclusion.

In these Olympics Britain’s Black athletes did reasonably well. There were two boxing golds from Afro-Caribbeans – one male and one female – while Mohamed Farar, a refugee from Somalia, won two more gold medals in long distance running. The mulatto athlete Jessica Ennis also won the high-profile Heptathlon.

This meant that five of the UK’s 29 gold medals were won by Non-Whites, or around one sixth. But this proportion was still much lower than expected or hoped for. The script was for Blacks to feature much more prominently. The actual results meant that the media had to work harder to magnify the Black contribution to Britain’s medal tally and to the Olympics in general (Bolt mania) while subtly downplaying White success.

The proportion of Black medal winners in the UK’s tally was limited by two factors: Black failures and White successes. Because Black British athletes enjoy a degree of favouritism, they can often under-perform in competition. Lutalo Mohammed, the Taekwondo fighter, for example, ended up winning only a bronze. But a more significant and interesting factor was the success of Britain’s White athletes. But this success is not what it seems.

Any Olympic success is built on a mountain of training as well as a heap of also-rans who found out the hard way they didn’t have what it takes to succeed at a particular sport.

Quite simply, sport is a losing game for most people. If you come from a minority that has shown little aptitude for anything else, then it makes sense to dedicate years of your life to the possibility of winning Olympic gold, as you have nothing to lose and nothing to gain elsewhere, especially if the society you live in supports this.

This is quite opposite from the situation traditionally faced by bright young Whites. In the past, the large number of careers and opportunities offering a much more reliable chance of success and demanding less in the way of sacrifice meant that there was little temptation to get deeply involved in sport. Britain’s impressively high medal tally suggests that this is no longer the case.

A combination of recession, austerity, outsourcing, cheap immigrant labour, affirmative action (a.k.a. anti-White racism), and the rise of short-term contract work over permanent employment is now putting the squeeze on the kind of people who would never have dedicated their lives to sport before.

For these people sport has now becoming the same kind of low-chance escape that it has always been for Blacks.

In other words, intelligent and driven young White people have now been pushed by our society into the position once occupied by ethnic minorities. Gold medals won by Whites are now also tickets out of the ghetto. Celebrate that, Britain!

http://www.alternativeright.com/main...enocial-state/

Old March 22nd, 2013 #199
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Olympic opening ceremony architect Danny Boyle has declared the feel-good factor that spread across Britain because of London 2012 is dead.

The Games' creative director believes the positive spirit has been crushed by economic gloom.

Mr Boyle, who was roundly praised for his work in masterminding London's £27 million Olympic opening ceremony, said he felt the positive impact of the Games before they started and after they ended.

But he said the public has returned to their 'private battles', adding that it was 'naive' to hope the optimism of the Games would continue.

'I think it would be naive to say it could last,' he told The Sun.

'It's nice to have a filip like that to feel good together, then you get back to your private battles.

'Obviously we are in tough economic times which means it is difficult finding jobs for people.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...od-factor.html

The "feel-good" factor was never real in the first place, you moron. It was temporary artificial patriotardism, brought on by being in the spotlight. Now we get to sit back and see how much it cost us. (btw - did they ever catch any of those athletes who disappeared the minute their feet touched? )

Old March 22nd, 2013 #200
andy

Quote:

The "feel-good" factor was never real in the first place, you moron. It was temporary artificial patriotardism, brought on by being in the spotlight. Now we get to sit back and see how much it cost us. (btw - did they ever catch any of those athletes who disappeared the minute their feet touched? )
Boyle is another of the system's out of touch deluded rubes........Or is he ? Day after day, example after example, we see these system scum bags coming out with some damn fool theory.When it doesn't fly instead of examining why and rectifying their mistakes they increase the libtard content in their next attempt.Look at out of touch Clegg with his face to face confrontations with victims and axe attackers now it is refined to victims doing their own door to door investigations ! It beggers belief that all of these "educated" system drones are out of touch.I suspect the likes of Boyle being cynical on the make charlatans.They start with an artificial position of truth such as diversity is great and then tailor everything to suit around it.

The only feel good factor the Olympics created was for boyle and his circle of out of touch system drones as they counted up the money they made for themselves and their relations

Chase them into the swamps

Tags
femen, islam, london, london2012, olympiad, olympics, protest, sharia

Thread