VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 31st, 2005 #41
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak

I think my point was this: if the fedz want your info, which they periodically do as they investigate shiznit, they'll just ask the ISP.
Simply ask the isp, you stupid son of a bitch? Is that what you are telling me? It's just that simple? Do you know what is actually involved and how complicated that is?

Do you think it is just a matter of dialing a phone number? Are you aware that most ISP's don't keep records or don't keep them long enough to be of help to law enforcement officers?

Do you know that most ISP's can't preserve the records of billions of bytes of information no matter what the feds tell them? Are you that fuckin stupid or is their another reason for this idiocy?

The only person on this thread who has a modicum of intelligence is n9odi and he was threatened with banning by AE!

n9odi ...tell the idiots on this board about how computers work and don't spare the invective! I promise you...you won't get banned no matter what you say!

Old August 31st, 2005 #42
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Simply ask the isp, you stupid son of a bitch? Is that what you are telling me? It's just that simple? Do you know what is actually involved and how complicated that is?

Do you think it is just a matter of dialing a phone number? Are you aware that most ISP's don't keep records or don't keep them long enough to be of help to law enforcement officers?

Do you know that most ISP's can't preserve the records of billions of bytes of information no matter what the feds tell them? Are you that fuckin stupid or is their another reason for this idiocy?

The only person on this thread who has a modicum of intelligence is n9odi and he was threatened with banning by AE!

n9odi ...tell the idiots on this board about how computers work and don't spare the invective! I promise you...you won't get banned no matter what you say!

Penguin was only warned about his flaming not his point of view.
There have been cases of people in Canada[Winnicki] and in the UK being investigate for spreading alleged "hate" on the Internet.
I think you are naive if you are suggesting that all of those "guests" out there are just interested onlookers.
Not only do the intelligence agencies monitor what we say on internet forums but so do anti-hate groups such as the ADL and even the British Broadcasting Corporation.
The ES government has also recently committed resources to monitoring "hate" on the Internet thoughout the world.
They are afraid of the Internet,of free speach any any potential[even peace ful] attack on the multiculti status quo.If you ignore that then you are burying your face in the sand.
The 21st century propaganda wars are being fought in cyber space not on the streets.

Old August 31st, 2005 #43
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B
Sorry Brian but you and Prozak don't know what you're talking about. Well, I take that back...you kinda do but for the most part yer dummies. I shall enlighten you.

The original post by Joe Six Pack, concerned Hacking VNN: collecting member IP's using Echelon and Carnivore, crack/DOS attack, etc. It was not about hiding your IP from your service provider. I'll break it down for you in a few easy understandable steps, m'kay?

1) The FBI uses Carnivore as "network diagnostic tool." Basically it is is a dedicated, "black box," hardware/software system that acts a network sniffer. But you can't just "tap" into a phone or cable line to use it. It has to be physically installed on the inside of the data center of a large Internet Service Provider where it filters through many otherwise uninvolved people's data(there are millions of-em, clown) to get to the subjects of interest. Obviously not all ISPs are thrilled with this arrangment cuz it causes them all kinds of headaches like money, time and possible lawsuits.

But it gets even better, shithead. The FBI uses Carnivore to collect evidence for criminal cases against terrorists, big time bank embezzling hackers, insurance fraud, money laundering and drug traffickers. Not VNN posters! Let me say this again for the handicapped! VNN posters are not a real high priority for the FBI!!! In fact we are no priority whatsoever!!! We are a joke! We are internet posters for crissakes!

Let me give an example of the FBI conversation between field agent "Lance" and "Section Intelligence Analyst" Philby on this matter.

Lance "Philb! Lance here, we have to talk".

Philby "Yes Lance, what is it now?"

Lance "I got a line on those VNN guys!!!"

Philby "Outstanding Lance!!! What are they up to now? Bomb the Kirksville library? Is Miller going underground again...we'll git that fucker!!!"

Lance "Uhh no, not exactly...Craig Cobb, aka Chain is looking to buy a video camera".

Philby "What???"

Lance "And Hitler Goddess is set to reveal her breast size".

Philby "Lance, I think you have been in the field to long...it's time to come in".

Lance "Wait there's more! Will Williams, the ex-Green Beret and notorious bad nasty is helping to sell a video called A Line In the Sand!!"

Philby "OK, now we're getting somewhere! This vid is about blowin up buildings and takin over the government, rite?"

Lance "Umm nooo...it's more of a documentary of those minute men guys on the US-mex border".

Philby "But...but...there advocating killin mexicans and assassinating our leaders, rite?"

Lance "Well, I wouldn't actually go that far...from what I gather it was just your basic junior college history lesson. They had a Professor on it and a couple of milquetoast White guys who reported illegals to the Border Patrol."

Philby "Lance, when was the last time you had a psyche evaluation"?

Lance "Well, it's been a couple of years. I passed it and even got some extra credit for dressing up as a girl. I think they call it the J. Edgar response".

Philby *click*

Lance "Hello? Hello?"
that was kind of funny

i agree that the fbi probably is not monitoring VNN because there are a gaggle of jews and their lackeys at outfits like SPLC, ADL, and other snivel rights organizations that do so regularly and believe me if they see anything they think they can use to trigger a LE investigation, they WILL complain and LE WILL follow up.

VNN however is strictly legal in the USA. And we bend over backwards to keep it that way on the forum even though we are not responsible for user comments. However, people should remember that overseas and in Canuckistan the law is different and the usual VNN fare can lead to investigation and possibly fines or incarceration.

Old August 31st, 2005 #44
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stone
Steve your post was not only unelightening, but it was gratuitiously insulting. Calling people "shitheads" doesn't help anything.

It's obvious ONE of us doesn't know what he's talking about. If that person is me then I have fooled a lot of people, when I was in IT, into giving me thousands of dollars to solve their IT issues. Often did it in record time too! Must have been dumb luck on my part. Oh well.

Anyway, it is well known that "Carnivoe" was (I say "was" because it has been reportedly replaced with something else) basically a glorified packet sniffer so you get no points there for anything steve. That was all public info anyway and in no way does it refute anything in my post. If you know anymore about it than that, or how it relates to this topic, you must be keeping it to yourself.

Carnivore, and its replacement, are not all powerful information suction pumps. They are selective and targeted to the individual under investigation. The FBI has to get a warrant, or these days a security letter, to install their packet sniffers in an ISP. In order to do that, they have to go through the procedures I talked about earlier and they have to have a good reason to do so. Idle curiosity (e.g. who *IS* steve B and why is he such an ass) isn't a good enough reason.

Like I said before, paranoia about government power is encouraged by the government because that perception is often better than the real thing.

The point of my posts was NOT how to beat carnivore, but how to avoid becoming a target in the first place. If you have risen to the level where the government is using such technologies to invistigate you, then hiding your IP from uncertain web servers will be the least of your troubles.

-Brian
Steve B is the designated forum asshole. KLM is the designated forum digressor. Don't deny us our fun Bri!

Your statements in this thread are right on.

Old August 31st, 2005 #45
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stone
..........attributing to them some sort of godlike power to know everything about everyone everywhere is nothing short of subversive to WN interest. All that mentality does is serve the interest of the government.
..... The government isn't all powerful, it only wants you to think so.

-Brian
right on dude

Old August 31st, 2005 #46
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Lord
Penguin was only warned about his flaming not his point of view.
Yes Nod91 or whatever his name is has made some good points here and there in between his abundant insults. Steve B has the same style. VNN has a way of attracting people who enjoy offending others. I guess that's not all bad considering our overarching objectives. For now I sure don't want to squelch this important conversation. Carry on.

Old September 3rd, 2005 #47
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism

Hey, my thread kind of blew up all of a sudden.

Now that I have everyone's IPs...

Thread