VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 12th, 2013 #1
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Default Ammunition

Have been searching for more ammo, .223 or 5.56 - any grain, fmj and hpbt. Every place and site I have checked is sold out, even steel cased Russian surplus ammo. Every time I find something that says "in stock" changes to "out of stock" when you add it to your shopping cart.

I'm getting a headache from searching.

Does anybody know of a dealer that has any in stock?

Last edited by Mr A.Anderson; January 12th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Old January 12th, 2013 #2
Nigel Thornberry
Ole' Cyber Crusher

Do you hand load?

Old January 12th, 2013 #3
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

New listing! I just ordered 20 boxes.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/ind...fle-ammunition

Old January 12th, 2013 #4
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Thornberry View Post
Do you hand load?
Not for that caliber....yet.

Just purchased my first firearm in that caliber yesterday. Only have a bit over 1000 rounds for it, so on a purchase spree.

Last edited by Mr A.Anderson; January 12th, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Old January 13th, 2013 #5
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
New listing! I just ordered 20 boxes.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/ind...fle-ammunition
...sold out in a few hours. Good catch.

Old January 13th, 2013 #6
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelWithACause View Post
...sold out in a few hours. Good catch.
Wow, sold out in 10 hours. Folks, get your ammo while you can!

I have bookmarked that website. It appears to be a notification site, ie when somebody finds ammo somewhere on the net, they create a listing there. Much easier to use that than searching for hours all over the place.

I had to order a new recoil spring for my Sig last night from Midwayusa.com - and took a look at 9 mm Luger JHP availability. They had hundreds of listings - that were all out of stock.

Old January 13th, 2013 #7
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Two brand new listings made within the hour! .223

$0.488 and $0.54 price per round (ppr)

http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=11

Old January 13th, 2013 #8
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

I was unaware of the shortage until I went to buy some hunting ammo yesterday for my 308. The ammo shelf looked like the bread shelf does when a hurricane is coming.

What's up with this?

Old January 13th, 2013 #9
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
I was unaware of the shortage until I went to buy some hunting ammo yesterday for my 308. The ammo shelf looked like the bread shelf does when a hurricane is coming.

What's up with this?
People realize there is a storm brewing over gun control. One of the many facets to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment that is being discussed, and considered by Executive Order, is to limit the amount of ammunition a person can buy - just like they did with what was once over the counter cold medicine. What was once freely available OTC meds, now are kept behind the shelf. You have to show ID to purchase, and are logged into a registry each time you buy a medicine that contains psuedophedrine. And if you try to buy what "they" deem as too much, you will be denied, and a flag next to your name in the registry.

The Obama administration is considering the same for ammunition, and could enact such by Executive Order, bypassing Congress completely.

Get your ammo while you can, it will be the new gold standard.

Old January 13th, 2013 #10
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Listings for. 308 Win / 7.62x51

http://www.slickguns.com/product/rem...fter-20-coupon

There is still some availability.

Old January 13th, 2013 #11
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Listings for. 308 Win / 7.62x51

http://www.slickguns.com/product/rem...fter-20-coupon

There is still some availability.
They are not accepting ANY new orders -- even if they have the product in stock.

I've been to two big-box sporting goods stores, two super Wal-Marts and a mom-and-pop sporting goods store and a dozen online retailers. None of them have any 308 180 grain ammunition. No 270 ammo. No 30-30 ammo. The only thing that seems to be widely available is 30.06.

Wow, this got bad fast. I had a big pile of bullets and I've just been dipping into them over the past couple of years without replacing. I had no idea it was this bad.

If anybody comes across a box of Winchester 308 180 grain bullets, please let me know.

Old January 13th, 2013 #12
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
They are not accepting ANY new orders -- even if they have the product in stock.

I've been to two big-box sporting goods stores, two super Wal-Marts and a mom-and-pop sporting goods store and a dozen online retailers. None of them have any 308 180 grain ammunition. No 270 ammo. No 30-30 ammo. The only thing that seems to be widely available is 30.06.

Wow, this got bad fast. I had a big pile of bullets and I've just been dipping into them over the past couple of years without replacing. I had no idea it was this bad.

If anybody comes across a box of Winchester 308 180 grain bullets, please let me know.
I'll include that in my searches. If I find anything, I will let you know ASAP. Ammo sells out in a matter of hours after it has been listed.

Old January 13th, 2013 #13
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Think about this.

How many millions of firearms were sold just this past month? Now multiply that by the complete unavailability of ammunition for anything.

How many tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of rounds have been bought by concerned and angry gun owners?

"A gun behind every blade of grass"

.......and a veritable shit ton of ammunition for them.

Old January 13th, 2013 #14
Simmon

I was going through the stores and there seems to be 270 in a lot of them. I personaly havent seen a shortage of that one.Though anything .223 or 7.62 is just not there.

Old January 14th, 2013 #15
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Think about this.

How many millions of firearms were sold just this past month? Now multiply that by the complete unavailability of ammunition for anything.

How many tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of rounds have been bought by concerned and angry gun owners?

"A gun behind every blade of grass"

.......and a veritable shit ton of ammunition for them.
What's puzzling to me though, is that I can't even find ammo for my .35 breach loader.

A .35 is a considered a 'primitive' weapon for purposes of hunting in primitive weapon deer season. It's not the type of gun that the masses would buy. But there's no ammo for it to be found anywhere.

Old January 14th, 2013 #16
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

There has been a run on everything. .35's aren't a common round to begin with, and are usually only stocked with a few boxes on the shelves. Just ask yourself, if a .35 was one of your weapons, and you seriously thought there is going to be an ammunition shortage, wouldn't you buy every box off the shelf?

That's what has been going on here, panic (for good reason) buying. Specific rounds like the 9mm, .223, .308 - because of the weapon platforms that shoot them (and magazine capacity) are being targeted with bans - people are buying up every scrap of ammo for them.

Once those start flying off the shelves, people start buying ammo for all of their guns....just in case.....

The ammo problem should work itself out in a few months - laws of supply and demand and all. That is unless there's restrictions put on production/manufacture or if the government is buying it all up. I've heard recently that even local law enforcement is having a hard time finding rounds.

Old January 14th, 2013 #17
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

not what you wanted, but 32 boxes remaining.

Quantity - 50 rounds per box
Manufacturer - Magtech
Bullets - 147 grain full metal jacket M80 Ball (FMJ)
Casings - Boxer-primed brass

http://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/308-ammo

Old January 14th, 2013 #18
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

165 gr Federal Fusion

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fede...x-p-74487.html

150 gr Federal Fusion

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fede...x-p-74487.html

There are a few other listings showing in stock here:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/chea...905_14767.html

Old January 14th, 2013 #19
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
What's up with this?
Could the enormous demand for all kinds of ammunition after the Sandy Hook killings have something to do with it? Politicians in the US are talking a lot about gun control, so millions and millions of people like you are buying all the ammo they can.

Quote:
That's what has been going on here, panic (for good reason) buying.
Pretty much!

Old January 15th, 2013 #20
fossilator

Quote:
Have been searching for more ammo, .223 or 5.56 - any grain, fmj and hpbt. Every place and site I have checked is sold out, even steel cased Russian surplus ammo. Every time I find something that says "in stock" changes to "out of stock" when you add it to your shopping cart.

I'm getting a headache from searching.

Does anybody know of a dealer that has any in stock?
Try Cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brows...&WTz_stype=GNU

Thread