Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 25th, 2005 #41
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9odi
Fuel line is the biggest worry, but then also consider the fact that gasoline also dissolves weak plastics and etc.
I can find the fuel line but what are "diaphragms"?

Old August 25th, 2005 #42
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding
I can find the fuel line but what are "diaphragms"?
They are contraceptives which are not known to have been subjected to acetone submersion.
The diaphragms you imply are the mechanical seal between fuel and atmosphere in a mechanical fuel pump. They were traditionally made either from leather or neoprene rubber. The latter proved durable
Here's an interesting link to the complex chemical breakdown of gasoline. Other destructive additives aren't mentioned here. Therefore, I suspect this site of being a propaganda tool of the chemical industry. Benzol is a carcigenic additive blended into most European gasoline, but outlawed in Austria:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheresourses
Gasoline at the consumer level is called petrol, benzol, motor spirit or gas, depending on the country where it is sold. At the refinery level, in early stages of crude oil processing, most gasoline components are called naphthas. To be precise, modern reformulated gasoline is a blend of several refinery streams namely Catalytic Reformate, Straight Run Naphtha(SRN), FCC Gasoline, Visbreaker / Coker Naphtha, Isomerate, Alkylate, Oxygenate etc..
http://www.cheresources.com/greengas.shtml

Old August 27th, 2005 #43
Whirlwind

Diaphrams, in this instance, refer to the one way flapper type valves in the fuel pump. And in the accelerator pump(s) on carburetors.

Old September 18th, 2005 #44
Hadding

Default verdict: it works

I waited for a long roadtrip to try this. I let my car run through a tankful (16 gallons) of gasoline with about 4 ounces of acetone. I planned to refill the tank after the experiment, so that I would not be leaving acetone in the system for a long time, since it is longterm exposure to the highly diluted solvent that is potentially damaging to some materials.

In the past whenever I measured my car's mpg by dividing miles traveled after a fill-up by the number of gallons added afterward until the pump cut off, I always got a figure between 25 and 26 mpg (always traveling over relatively flat routes); the last measurement without acetone was 25.4 mpg. Driving 440 miles from western Virginia to north Georgia (including a lot of up and downhill driving, aggravated by the fact that the car was loaded with cargo) with the acetone added I found that I had gotten 28.6 mpg.

This was at least a 10% improvement in mileage. This was not a rigorously scentific test but it had never gotten more than 26 mpg before, so the result was significant.

My next step should be to inquire whether chronic use of acetone as a fuel-additive would be likely to harm my particular vehicle.

Last edited by Hadding; September 19th, 2005 at 01:36 PM.

Old September 25th, 2005 #45
WhiteMan4WhiteLand
TNB Connoisseur

I'll try it this week. I have an in car display that tells me MPG....I'll post results.

EDIT: No conclusive results today since I was on and off the highway although I did percieve a gain in mpg from the in car display. I have a long ride to school tomorrow so I'll be able to get a more conclusive reading.

What size tanks do you guys have? I put 4 oz of acetone in my 16 gallon tank. I think I might try 5 next time since it is a large tank and some will evaporate and drip out and whatnot when you pour it in.

A dixie cup is 3 oz.

Old September 27th, 2005 #46
bikermanj
Lone Wolf

Every little bit helps.

I have a astro ext van and earlier in the summer i would put around 10 gallons at a time regardless ($25- 30) per fillup and would drive 153 to 170 miles.
around 16mpg

I tried a few fills, and it went near 200 miles on a fillup.

a recent one- $30 / 10.98 gallons 224 miles driven . city metro driving
20.4mpg wwooohooo not bad for a van :cheers:

Old September 27th, 2005 #47
Proud White Guy
Hates Jews,and Non-Whites

This Acetone thread while interesting, could use a little help. Acetone is a solvent, just like Mineral Spirits, Toluene, Xylene, and Gasoline. All of it, without exception evaporates into the atmosphere, to contribute to global warming.

Acetone is without a doubt the most volatile, and has a very low flash point, meaning it will blow up (detonate) at very low temperatures, so with that out of the way.

Yes, it will burn, much easier and quicker then gasoline, regardless of octane, the stuff just blows up, in your cylinder walls, not good.

Acetone does not combust like gasoline, it just detonates, and it will eventually ruin your engine, if you use too much.

I guarantee it.

Try this, buy a gallon can of each, gas, and acetone, just unscrew the cap, and let them evaporate, and you will see the level of acetone will be at a much lower level then the gas will, only after a few hours.

This is not only telling you its evaporation rate is high, but that translates into its volaltilty, and unstable nature, as well.

Acetone is used for cleaning greasy, oily things, and it does a good job,too good, for an engine.

It will also eat plastics, and rubber over time, so it will kill your gaskets, and help you burn more oil,then you already do.

They also use it in engine flushes, anyone ever tried that? It cleans your engine, but destroys all the gaskets, and if your car burned oil before you used it, its REALLY gonna use it, afterward.

In short, gentlemen, it does far more harm then good. I highly recommend against it.

I am not an Engineer, but I have been in the coatings business for over 20 years, including 8 years of lab experience. We use all kinds of solvents in coatings, so I know what I'm talking about.

Don't do it.

If you want to try anything. I would recommend octane boosters, but then they contain Toluene, and even that can do harm to your engine, if you use to much.

Acetone is so volatile,it is used in some explosives, its nasty stuff, so if your hell bent on trying it, being forewarned is forearmed, my friends.

If you want to have some fun, sell your car or truck to a nigger, and then load it up, with a couple gallons of acetone in the tank, before he drives off.

Leroy will love you for it,lol.

God Bless Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and America, and God Damn the anti-white, anti-christian, and anti-American jewish controlled media.

Old September 28th, 2005 #48
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud White Guy
This Acetone thread while interesting, could use a little help. Acetone is a solvent, just like Mineral Spirits, Toluene, Xylene, and Gasoline. All of it, without exception evaporates into the atmosphere, to contribute to global warming.

Acetone is without a doubt the most volatile, and has a very low flash point, meaning it will blow up (detonate) at very low temperatures, so with that out of the way.

Yes, it will burn, much easier and quicker then gasoline, regardless of octane, the stuff just blows up, in your cylinder walls, not good.

Acetone does not combust like gasoline, it just detonates, and it will eventually ruin your engine, if you use too much.

I guarantee it.

Try this, buy a gallon can of each, gas, and acetone, just unscrew the cap, and let them evaporate, and you will see the level of acetone will be at a much lower level then the gas will, only after a few hours.

This is not only telling you its evaporation rate is high, but that translates into its volaltilty, and unstable nature, as well.

Acetone is used for cleaning greasy, oily things, and it does a good job,too good, for an engine.

It will also eat plastics, and rubber over time, so it will kill your gaskets, and help you burn more oil,then you already do.

They also use it in engine flushes, anyone ever tried that? It cleans your engine, but destroys all the gaskets, and if your car burned oil before you used it, its REALLY gonna use it, afterward.

In short, gentlemen, it does far more harm then good. I highly recommend against it.

I am not an Engineer, but I have been in the coatings business for over 20 years, including 8 years of lab experience. We use all kinds of solvents in coatings, so I know what I'm talking about.

Don't do it.

If you want to try anything. I would recommend octane boosters, but then they contain Toluene, and even that can do harm to your engine, if you use to much.

Acetone is so volatile,it is used in some explosives, its nasty stuff, so if your hell bent on trying it, being forewarned is forearmed, my friends.

If you want to have some fun, sell your car or truck to a nigger, and then load it up, with a couple gallons of acetone in the tank, before he drives off.

Leroy will love you for it,lol.
Acetone will ruin my engine if I use too much? Perhaps. The amount of acetone proposed is only 1 part in 200. That is not a significant amount of acetone being combusted or "detonated." It's not there for combustion per se; it's there as a catalyst.

AS for the damage to plastic and gaskets, this is a question that we have been discussing. I am wary of leaving it in my car's fuel system on a regular basis until I can get some assurance that the parts in the fuel system can tolerate the longterm exposure. But as you yourself said, acetone is a solvent like gasoline.

Global warming? You must be joking.

Last edited by Hadding; September 28th, 2005 at 09:46 PM.

Old September 28th, 2005 #49
Whirlwind

Good point about it being more volatile, PWG. That could lead to preignition - knock. Gas is composed of various flammables. Mixed to provide the best combination of easy firing, and body. A knock sensor may help, but by changing the engine timing. The solvent properties are more my worry.

Old September 28th, 2005 #50
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Just a reminder.

Racist buying any chemical that "may" be thought; to be some type of precursor for drug manufacturing; can bring more attention than desired to himself.

Old September 28th, 2005 #51
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNOFSPARTA
Just a reminder.

Racist buying any chemical that "may" be thought; to be some type of precursor for drug manufacturing; can bring more attention than desired to himself.
For crying out loud. They sell it in on the shelves in Walmart. You think anybody is keeping track of that? If you are really concerned then don't buy it with a creditcard and don't wear your SS uniform when you buy it.

Last edited by Hadding; September 28th, 2005 at 06:39 PM.

Old September 28th, 2005 #52
Kind Lampshade Maker

An explosion is an event of quick combustion. Gasoline vapors will explode, when you empty a quart of it down a sewer, then throw a match behind it. So, acetone burns a little faster. At that amount you're using, the expansion is so minute, your engine shouldn't notice. Acetone will harm your cylinder walls only through non-ignition. Gasoline will dissolve oil, too. Otherwise, they wouldn't mix it with oil for 2 cycle engines

Old September 28th, 2005 #53
Kind Lampshade Maker

Don't forget that you're dilluting the acetone with gasoline. This talk of "detonation" would only apply, if you were to segregate the acetone to burn in a pre-combustion chamber. Therefore, the acetone acts as a catylist, as previously mentioned, when added to gasoline.
If you take a long trip, constant fuel flow will guarantee no material damage.
When you let the vehicle sit, even gasoline can be corrosive. Don't forget that ordinary rubber and plasics are soluble when exposed to gasoline

Old September 28th, 2005 #54
Proud White Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind
Good point about it being more volatile, PWG. That could lead to preignition - knock. Gas is composed of various flammables. Mixed to provide the best combination of easy firing, and body. A knock sensor may help, but by changing the engine timing. The solvent properties are more my worry.
I agree with you,on the solvent properties, and I think thats the key. I agree with everyone, in small enough dosages, it probably won't hurt anything, but if you get too much of a good thing. One might be inclined to use more and more of it.

Fix it, till you break it.

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Here's a good link, and they are not recommending any more then 3 oz, to 10 gallons, thats not much, a lot less then 17:1 ratio. The only thing I'm saying is be careful, guys.

Acetone is nasty stuff, and will explode if your not careful.

I am not going to be doing any research, with my car. I guarantee you that.

I hope this helps.

God Bless Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and America, and God Damn the anti-white, anti-christian, and anti-American jewish controlled media.

Old September 28th, 2005 #55
Proud White Guy

HA, I just noticed your thread n9odi. Did not mean to repeat your link, but it did look like a good explanation to me. :cheers:

Old September 28th, 2005 #56
WhiteMan4WhiteLand
TNB Connoisseur

Im noticing about a 2 mpg increase which is a 9% increase in fuel efficiency. The guy in the article that PWG tested said he's noticed a definite difference between brands of gas. I'll have to test this out too.

Old September 29th, 2005 #57
centerfire

I was listening to the inconsistent Saturday morning programming on one of the local talk radio stations last weekend while cleaning my kitchen and heard some discussion about this topic. The guest was saying that using acetone as a fuel additive should only be used with the premium gas. He gave no specific reason for this. Just said that when people use it with 87, the increase is only 1 - 3 mpg. I won't even consider it without much more authoritative info. The "Bob is the Oil Guy" web site would probably have info on this topic. It's really amazing how much people can go on about automotive oils, fluids, fuel, additives, etc. but those guys sure as hell do. Lots of info on there - too much, really. Pretty interesting, though.

Old September 29th, 2005 #58
Kind Lampshade Maker

Did your kitchen get clean?

Old September 29th, 2005 #59
centerfire

Yeh, super fuckin' clean. I washed dishes and wiped down the counters with soap and a little acetone. Still not putting it in my tank, though.

Old September 29th, 2005 #60
Kind Lampshade Maker

Well, at least it'll be usefull for removing those nailpolish stains from the cupboards. Gotta let that stuff dry, before doing housework

Thread