Banned

Smile Fairfax Gets 27 Months

This is rich.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...rder-hire-cas/

May 11, 2011 in Idaho
Pipe bomb planter sentenced in Steele murder-for-hire
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

A handyman hired by a North Idaho lawyer to kill his wife was sentenced today to 27 months in prison for an explosive device he strapped to the intended victim’s car. Larry Fairfax, 50, never told investigators about the pipe bomb when he said he’d been hired by Edgar Steele and agreed to secretly record conversations about the plot for the FBI, which led to Steele’s arrest June 11.

Fairfax was arrested June 15 after Coeur d’Alene auto shop workers found the 12-inch bomb when Cyndi Steele arrived for a routine oil check. He told the FBI he’d put the device on the car in late May to make Edgar Steele think the plan was proceeding but that he rigged the device so it couldn’t explode.

But bomb experts testified at Steele’s murder-for-hire trial in Boise that the device, which was attached to Steele’s car still had lethal capabilities. Fairfax apologized today in U.S. District Court in Coeur d’Alene as family and friends looked on. “I’m sorry I went about doing the right thing the wrong way,” Fairfax said. “In reality, it’s Edgar Steele who caused this grief,” he continued. “For if it weren’t for Mr. Steele’s plans, none of us would have been here now.”

But he also said his placement of the pipe bomb and his decision not to tell investigators about it was wrong, too. “I know what I did was wrong and careless, and I’m the only one to blame,” Fairfax said.

Fairfax, a married father of two who grew up in Spokane before moving to North Idaho, pleaded guilty last October to possession of an unregistered firearm and to making a firearm in violation of the National Firearms Act in a plea agreement that called for him to testify against Steele and for prosecutors to not file additional charges.

A jury in Boise convicted Steele last Thursday of four federal felonies related to the murder plot. He faces at least 30 years in prison when he’s sentenced Aug. 22. Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan asked for Fairfax to receive 30 months in prison. His lawyer, John Miller, asked Judge B. Lynn Winmill allow Fairfax to leave jail with credit for 11 months already served. He said Fairfax had “horrible methods” but “correct motives” because he never intended to harm Cyndi Steele and helped arrest her husband.

Winmill said he believes Fairfax likely did not intend to kill Cyndi Steele and only wanted to to obtain the silver from Edgar Steele by lying to him . He said Fairfax “probably did save Mrs. Steele’s life” and that “in a very odd way” he’s both a hero and anti-hero. “This was an interesting case, to say the least,” Winmill said.

Fairfax will be credited for 11 months already spent in jail. In addition to 16 more months in prison, Fairfax will be on probation for three years and is to pay $9,690 in restitution to cover the silver he’d accepted from Steele. He’s to pay $1,076 for bomb recovery efforts, $860 for lost business at the Quik Lube and $900 to Cyndi Steele for car costs and other fees.

Before Winmill’s decision, Cyndi Steele called Fairfax “the vilest form of a villain, a parasite on society,” “a cowardly villain” and a true sociopath” and said he deserved no less than life in prison. She referenced Fairfax’s plans to write a book about the case called “An Act of Defiance,” which her husband’s lawyers said during trial is meant to portray Fairfax as a hero. “No Larry Fairfax, you are not a hero. What you are is the most evil person I have ever had the displeasure of knowing,” Cyndi Steele said.

Steele said Fairfax’s true motive was to kill her and put her husband in prison to hide his theft of $45,000 in silver . She said “influential people” are protecting him because they share the same interests and said Fairfax helped manufacture the recordings of her husband discussing the plot.

Steele reported the silver missing after her husband’s arrest. Prosecutors obtained records from coin shops that show her husband cashed in about that same amount of silver in April as he prepared for a summer visit to Europe to meet a 25-year-old woman he contacted through an online dating website.

Steele, who says her husband’s correspondence with the woman was part of his research into the Russian mail order bride scam, said she’ll be putting all her effort into her husband’s appeal, then removed her red sweater to reveal her “Free Edgar Steele” T-shirt.

Miller said he and Fairfax “hope that someday (Cyndi Steele) can come to the understanding that his man saved her life.” He said Fairfax has weathered much slander from Steele’s supporters since his arrest. “He’s going to be dealing with the slander for a long, long time,” he said. “The blogs are going to be there.”

But Miller said the conspiracy allegations are “just nonsense” and questioned why his client would steal just $45,000 in silver when more than $100,000 was available. “This man’s actions have probably saved up to 12 lives,” Miller said, referring to Fairfax’s claim that Steele had a list of 12 people he wanted to kill.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; May 12th, 2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: add mug shot

Old May 12th, 2011 #1622
America First

“I’m sorry I went about doing the right thing the wrong way,”

Un-quote.

Constant war, open border's, and p.c. regime media lies and inciting hatred, it's the amerikwan way.

One more time, and its only one minute.

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Old May 12th, 2011 #1623
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile More on Fairfax Sentence

Note that this story from the Judenpresse omits mention of the restitution to Cyndi and the State of Idaho.
========
http://www.krem.com/news/local/Murde...121663774.html

Murder-for-hire suspect will spend 16 more months behind bars

by KREM.com
KREM.com
Posted on May 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:06 PM

COEUR D'ALENE -- Larry Fairfax will spend the next 16 months behind bars. A judge handed down the sentence Wednesday morning in an Idaho Federal Court. The judge sentenced Fairfax to 27 months, but 11 months of that sentence was reduced for time already served. Fairfax had been serving time in the Shoshone County Jail.

Fairfax was suspected of planting a pipe bomb under Cyndi Steele's car in a murder-for-hire plot. Cyndi Steele is the wife of Edgar Steele, who was found guilty of plotting to kill his wife and mother-in-law. Prosecutors also said Steele offered Fairfax up to $25,000 to kill both women so he could collect life insurance payment and be free to pursue a romantic relationship with a Russian woman he met online.

The defense argued Fairfax planted the bomb to cover-up a theft of silver coins. But the jury didn't buy it. Fairfax eventually took a plea deal with prosecutors. Fairfax told federal agents about the alleged plot and acted as an informant by wearing a recording device. A large portion of the FBI's case rested on taped recordings. Investigators said it was Steele and Fairfax discussing the murder plot.

Fairfax will eventually be transferred through the Bureau of Prisons at some point. But that could be days or even weeks until that happens.

Old May 12th, 2011 #1624
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Satan's Whelp

Cyndi got in some good licks on this one.
========
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...f53338cd5.html

Hitman gets more jail time
Larry Fairfax to spend 16 more months behind bars

Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:00 am
By DAVID COLE/Staff writer | 0 comments

COEUR d'ALENE - Sagle resident Larry Fairfax was sentenced on Wednesday to 27 months in prison with credit for time served for his role in the plot to kill Cyndi Steele last summer. Fairfax, 50, appeared before U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill, who also fined Fairfax $10,000.

That's the amount of money Fairfax accepted from Cyndi Steele's husband, Edgar J. Steele, to carry out her murder by bombing her vehicle or running her off the road while she was visiting her mother near Portland. He also will have to pay $900 in restitution to Cyndi Steele, and nearly that amount to a Coeur d'Alene oil-change station.

Fairfax has been jailed since June 15, 2010, when the pipe bomb he manufactured was discovered under Cyndi Steele's SUV at Fast Lane Quick Lube near the intersection of Bosanko Avenue and U.S. 95. The discovery of the massive bomb forced the highway to be shut down.

It wasn't until the bomb was accidentally discovered that Fairfax admitted attaching it to her vehicle, even though he had been cooperating as an informant for the FBI. Fairfax agreed to carry a hidden recording device in two meetings with Edgar Steele, when the two men discussed the murder plot. Edgar Steele, 65, also of Sagle, was found guilty last week in federal court in Boise of hiring Fairfax to kill his wife. The June 9 and 10 audio recordings were key evidence in Steele's nearly two-week trial.
He is to be sentenced in August.

In October, Fairfax pleaded guilty to possession of an unregistered firearm and making a firearm in violation of the National Firearms Act. Before being sentenced, Fairfax, speaking of Cyndi Steele, said, "I understand her whole world is coming apart." He said his actions were reckless and risked the lives and well-being of many people; but he never intended to hurt anybody, though the bomb was lethal and loaded with explosive powder.

Winmill said sentencing Fairfax was difficult because Fairfax's intentions are not clear. Fairfax, who has struggled financially, said he just wanted to get money from Steele. He said he accepted $10,000 in silver, but never intended to follow through on the hit. He planned to find some way to work the money off and string Steele along, but the situation spun out of control.

The judge called Fairfax both a hero and anti-hero, for going to the FBI about the murder plot, but not mentioning the bomb. John Miller, Fairfax's defense attorney, said, "I don't think this person deserves another day in jail."
Miller recommended to the judge that Fairfax be allowed to go back to work and take care of his family.

He said federal authorities would have known nothing at all of the plot if it wasn't for his client. "This man saved her life," Miller said. He estimated his client's actions saved possibly a dozen people from harm. And Miller said the time Fairfax has served in jail "was good for coming to grips with what he has done."

Cyndi Steele, who called Fairfax "Larry the pipe bomber," told the court, "A hero does not attempt to murder anyone." She asked Fairfax why, if he didn't intend murder, he used explosive powder instead of sand in the pipe bomb? And why fill the steel pipe three-quarters full, leaving some space for air, to enhance the explosion?, she asked. "You wanted me dead," Cyndi Steele answered, adding that he didn't care who else got injured or killed in the process.

"What you are is the most evil person that I have ever had the misfortune of knowing," she told Fairfax. "You are a coward, a liar, a deceiver, a thief, (and) a would-be-murderer." She said his intentions were clear: "Silence my husband and destroy my family with your lies."

She believes her husband is innocent and that Fairfax was acting alone in the murder plot to cover up stolen silver from her family. She believes he should be charged with attempted murder. "Yes, Larry Fairfax, anyone who looks at this situation knows that you are getting a sweetheart plea deal, despite the fact that you are such a low-life and the one who perpetrated these crimes," she said.

She told Fairfax to enjoy his "journey down to Hell with all of your accomplices, for all of you are Satan's whelp and he waits to receive you because you seek to destroy the innocent."

Old May 12th, 2011 #1625
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default The Court of Last Resort...

... From the Earl Stanley Gardner non-fiction book by the same name.

Do you suppose we might have an opportunity to hear that tape as well as read the court transcript?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Note that this story from the Judenpresse omits mention of the restitution to Cyndi and the State of Idaho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
========
http://www.krem.com/news/local/Murder-for-hire-suspect-sentenced-to-16-months-behind-bars-121663774.html

Murder-for-hire suspect will spend 16 more months behind bars...

A large portion of the FBI's case rested on taped recordings. Investigators said it was Steele and Fairfax discussing the murder plot...

Old May 12th, 2011 #1626
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Not a Role Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by America First View Post
“I’m sorry I went about doing the right thing the wrong way,”

Un-quote.

Constant war, open border's, and p.c. regime media lies and inciting hatred, it's the amerikwan way.

One more time, and its only one minute.

YouTube - Huey Long on the $700 Billion Wall Street Bailout
America First forgets that Huey Long was a full blooded lawyer just like Steele. He was hardly a role model for a White man. Curiously enough, Long was assassinated by a Jew.

Old May 12th, 2011 #1627
America First

Amazon.com: Huey Long (9780394747903): T. Harry Williams: Books Amazon.com: Huey Long (9780394747903): T. Harry Williams: Books

Huey P. Long by T. Harry Williams 1971

Ten years did Dr. Willimans work on this book.

All other books and media about Huey has been distortion's and b.s. that I have read and heard.

His Stature and Character was not about being an attorney.

What he did with his law degree, and how he recieved it showed he was not in their b.s. and he was a very intelligent man.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old May 12th, 2011 #1628
America First

Let me make it perfectly clear Huey P. Long knew who had gotten control of the central regime, as FDR had sent over 400 various Federal agents to LA. to try and get him.

Huey knew how wrong WW 1 and by 1935 already knew they were planning WAR.

Any simple b.s. negative comments about Huey is anti White, and IMO pro Cabalist regime.

The filthy PBS Ken Burns, NYC and Hollywood, would never give the truth to you about Mr. Long.

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 16, 2004
By Scott A. Gold "scottagold" - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) This review is from: Huey Long (Paperback)
This was one of the better biographies I've ever read. It was entertaining from start to finish and gave a detailed portrait of the man that was Huey Long, as well as of the world of Great Depression era Louisiana politics. Long was a flamboyant and interesting character. His politics while effective in most cases, were extremely divisive. He was among the first to take advantage of radio and ran extremely sophisticated political campaigns for his time. The book relies heavily on interviews with those who knew him and contains many highly entertaining stories about him. The one minor criticism of the book it that it doesn't talk much about the aftermath of his death. (Long was shot by the son-in-law of a political enemy shortly after he became a national figure and as he was preparing to challenge FDR for the presidency.) All in all, it is an excellent and entertaining read. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old May 12th, 2011 #1629
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile High Popalorum and Low Popahirum

Quote:
Originally Posted by America First View Post
Let me make it perfectly clear Huey P. Long knew who had gotten control of the central regime, as FDR had sent over 400 various Federal agents to LA. to try and get him.

Huey knew how wrong WW 1 and by 1935 already knew they were planning WAR.

Any simple b.s. negative comments about Huey is anti White, and IMO pro Cabalist regime.

The filthy PBS Ken Burns, NYC and Hollywood, would never give the truth to you about Mr. Long.

While HPL (High Popalorum and Low Popahirum HPL LPH) was quite a populist, he never did name the Jew as being the cause of all of what was wrong with America. He blamed capitalists and Standard Oil. No lawyer can be a roll model for a White man. See http://www.hueylong.com/life-times/senator.php . This is a very interesting subject and America First should start a thread on it and move these posts over to it.

Old May 12th, 2011 #1630
America First

I have lived in LA. for a year, and have friends who have anscestors buried there from 1820.

Huey P. Long was no hack, and to call him a populist is a word used by those who never knew sustained hard work IMO.

It's up to Mr. Linder to send a note to not post something.

It is no accident that Mr. Long is un-known except for some media induced brain washing that he was a corrupt demigod etc.

The book was released in 1971, amongst a back drop of a War In Viet Nam and Social Up Heavel created by the NYC/Hollywood and campus crowd of enemy aliens. So I am saying the book was let out, because is flew under the radar of our controllers. Williams, did not have to name the joo, but its between the lines for those with a brain.

Finally, I have a poor opinion of any one offering negative remarks against Huey P. Long.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old May 12th, 2011 #1631
John Liberty

Quote:

The filthy PBS Ken Burns, NYC and Hollywood, would never give the truth to you about Mr. Long. America First
Couldn't have said it better myself,

how about the "all lawyers are bad" dig, without qualifying it. ( "all heeb lawyers are bad".)

Quote:
America First forgets that Huey Long was a full blooded lawyer just like Steele. by Don
Edgar Steele being a lawyer has nothing to do with his opinion other than maybe giving it more validity. What does Don mean by "full blooded lawyer", (pro-white lawyer?).

Here is why Ed is in jail,

Quote:
My name is Edgar J. Steele.

What's'a'matter, Bunky? Having trouble making ends meet? Sick of the cost of everything going up while your income actually goes down? Laid off? House equity shot? Borrowed up to the gills with all your credit cards maxed out? Now you can't afford food, you say?

Well, here's a big part of the reason why. $36,000 flows to each illegal alien family in America, each and every year (see the first article reproduced below). If that doesn't sound like much, consider that, with perhaps 80 million tax-paying households in America (yours being one of them, of course), each and every one of our households pays $4,325 each and every year toward that $36,000 that each illegal alien family receives.
Did you net $36,000 after taxes last year? Neither did I. But they did. No wonder they keep flooding over that border. Wouldn't you?

American Health Care in Crisis

My son took my little girl to the local hospital emergency room a few weeks ago with a severe asthma attack. Pretty much a routine, in-and-out affair. Used to be, that might cost $100, or about twice what a doctor visit might cost. Total bill this time? Over $750! Guess why? Jose uses the Emergency Room freely as his doctor's office because Federal law requires our hospitals to treat his family there, whether or not they are able to pay. We already pay for Jose in increased insurance premiums, but we also pay for him when we dare to use it, in outrageous charges.

I have a $5,000-deductible health insurance plan, which means that I provide my family insurance coverage only for catastrophic events. I can't really afford it, but figure that I can't be without insurance altogether, just as so many Americans have been forced to do without. That means I must pay my little girl's ER visit of $750 out of my pocket, just as if I had no insurance at all. Thanks, Jose.

Jose's family is netting $36,000 after taxes (that they don't pay, of course) and getting free medical care. You and I net less and pay for Jose's free medical care that we cannot afford. We can't afford to go to the ER anymore, folks, face it. In fact, we can't really afford medical insurance anymore, either.
All other things being equal, we might as well nationalize all of America's health care. Socialized medicine would be better than no medicine, which is what so many of us now have, in effect. http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/storm.htm

Old May 12th, 2011 #1632
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.

....which the very latest post touches on Human trafficking. I believe ES was on to something and the psychopaths got very worried.

We all know how the federal government does very little on the mexican invasion, and how Arizona is getting a lot of flack for trying to rid of the problem. The other states are not doing much and, in fact, Utah is doing its damdest to exacerbate the problem by allowing illegals amnesty and preventing the local law enforcement from investigating any and all illegals. Even a federal judge Carl Waddoups is less worried on the welfare of U.S. citizens and is only concerned with "racial profiling."

So, this problem goes all the way up to the top of the food chain.

Jews -- tall, tall, tall, tales they tell. Famous fairytale storytellers of the Holocaust.

Old May 12th, 2011 #1633
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry The Lawyer Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself,

how about the "all lawyers are bad" dig, without qualifying it. ( "all heeb lawyers are bad".)

Edgar Steele being a lawyer has nothing to do with his opinion other than maybe giving it more validity. What does Don mean by "full blooded lawyer", (pro-white lawyer?).

If you knew anything about lawyers, you would realize that they are a race, not a profession. Just like Jews, their nature is fixed at the moment of conception. If you had been thru a divorce you would understand. The Fuhrer, of Blessed Memory, loved to say that dueling should be allowed between priests and lawyers.

If Steele has any brain function left after his aorta surgery, he now understands the racial nature of lawyers. They will bankrupt each other's families for their petty gain. Steele's lawyers pocketed over $108,000 and left him in FAR worse shape than if he had used his so called public defender.

Jew lawyers are a special case that would not be proper for this family oriented thread .

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; May 12th, 2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo

Old May 12th, 2011 #1634
Kennewickman
Banned

Default Raw Video: Cyndi Steele 'Larry Fairfax is a low life'

http://www.krem.com/video/featured-v...121672404.html

Old May 12th, 2011 #1635
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Good Job by Cyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennewickman View Post
This is the first mention of the supposed third recording that was never released to the defense or played in court. Cyndi makes a great case for Fairfax being a scumbag .We need to hear the recordings themselves to make a judgement as to whether or not they sound edited.

Old May 12th, 2011 #1636
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Latebloomer's Sentencing Report on Fairfax

This is a report on the Fairfax sentencing from Latebloomer who is the webmaster of Steele's website. It is too bad that we don't have a lot of observers like this who are biased on Steele's side to counterbalance the Judenpresse.
========
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=349#more-349

As the corruption churns, observations of Fairfax sentencing hearing, 5/12/2011
2011 MAY 12
by admin

Pardon if I intersperse my observations of the Larry Fairfax sentencing hearing with some tongue-in-cheek, some sarcasm, some personal opinion. I’ve been at this since Mr. Steele was arrested, approaching one year ago. I arrived at the Federal court building some 5 minutes after the hearing was scheduled start, so I walked in to find action underway. In the time it took me to look around the room and start jotting my notes, the judge reached the point of inviting Mrs. Steele to make her statement.

Present were Kelsey Steele, Wesley Hoyt and likely 7 or 9 Steele supporters. Besides the grandfatherly (but gun-packing) court officers and court secretaries, there were perhaps 12 other people attending.

Mrs. Steele took the podium and began reading her statement from notes. She was emphatic and passionate during her presentation, modulating her tone of voice in a manner showing just how much experience she’s acquired being front and center in the public eye, being targeted by Media, being interviewed by talk-show hosts, etc.

Quite a few times, she turned to AUSA Traci Whelan and Larry Fairfax specifically to drive a comment home like a man drives a spike into a railroad tie. Mr. Fairfax mostly looked blankly across the room avoiding eye contact, and Ms. Whelan invested more attention in her paperwork. When Mrs. Steele listed some of Fairfax’s past questionable business and personal dealings, Fairfax was seen to momentarily look at her and roll his eyes.

The judge did not escape some of Mrs. Steele’s ire. He shifted on his elevated perch, sometimes leaning back, sometimes forward with chin on hands, sometimes taking a drink from his beverage.

When she concluded her possibly 30-minute statement, Mrs. Steele took off her jacket to reveal a “Free Edgar Steele – Because He Is Innocent” T-shirt, and angrily strode out of the court, not to return.

There was a distinct change in the vibe of the room when Ms. Whelan took the podium to present any government position points. It was as if – with Mrs. Steele gone – things were going to play out in an easy, non-confrontational, non-contentious flow. It almost felt as if there were no “sides” between the prosecution (Whelan) and one Mr. Miller, representing Fairfax.

Ms. Whelan, displaying a taste of forced earnestness, brought up issues of Fairfax’s book (which he had begun writing while incarcerated), references to which Mrs. Steele had clearly made. Whelan said she was going to “look into” the propriety of Mrs. Steele’s mention of Fairfax’s book. Whelan also pointed to some front-row attendees as members of Fairfax’s family.

Fairfax’s attorney, Mr. Miller, spoke for likely 40 minutes. He was animated yet at times momentarily pensive, an average build man, bald a la Yul Brenner, mustached. One got the feel his strong pro-client presentation was given front-and-center for the family. In fact, the Fairfax family did have the best seats in the house for Mr. Miller’s comments.

During his attorney’s presentation, I noticed Mr. Fairfax directing a persistent gaze at the judge. Points which Mr. Miller mentioned gave rise to my jotting down a number of items said:

“[Fairfax] did not intend to do harm to people.”
“Honest from day one.”
“[Many] people have written letters in support of [Fairfax].”
“[Fairfax's] good intention was to help and save lives. His actions have saved up to 12 lives.”
“[Fairfax] knew the [explosive] fuse would not light.”
Mr. Miller commented on Mrs. Steele’s observation that Fairfax had a history of shady, questionable personal and business dealings, saying, “[Fairfax] had never been charged [with any crimes]“. Smooth operator, Mr. Miller.

Fairfax’s attorney then submitted video evidence as to the mechanics of the pipe bomb’s fuse, how in some cases the fuse readily ignited, but in other cases it refused to ignite. Two video segments were presented off computer media to the court, with Mr. Miller narrating. The intent appeared to discount possibility the pipe bomb attached to Mrs. Steele’s vehicle would have been detonated. The videos did not have much air of “expert testimony”; they seemed to be some guys messing about with red-hot metal, fuse lead, propane torches.

Traci Whelan made no effort to protest this submission of evidence just prior to the sentence being decided by the judge.

Mr. Miller wound down his presentation with these points (paraphrased):

“Please, lock him up at home.”
“Eleven months was time enough to serve jailed.”
“His family needs him, his house is in foreclosure.” (A soundtrack with sobbing would have been effective here.)
“Our dear Larry has been slandered by Cyndi Steele.”
Larry Fairfax took the podium, dressed not in jail garb, but average workday clothes. His delivery was only occasionally – but minimally – modulated; as such it was somewhat flat in affect and simply read from notes. However, what was unquestionably NOT missing from Fairfax’s statement was apology, contrition and “I’ve been a bad boy” feel.

He said his “acts were reckless”. He said “[he] will behave, [that he] has learned his lesson.”

This writer’s “thinking radar” became active when Fairfax – in referring to the pipe bomb – repeatedly called the explosive a “device”. Larry Fairfax is a handyman. He’s a blue-collar sort of guy, sort of a grunt, a laborer. It seemed out of place for him to say “device” rather than what it was, a pipe bomb. Perhaps his speech writer felt the vocabulary selection of “device” was more fitting. Fairfax concluded his 25 minute comment.

Eyes turned to Judge Winmill, who spent a good 40 minutes yammering in lofty judicially-couched phrases. He seemed as if somewhat lost in the woods about the case, to which he named it “unique”. He acknowledged that he still had questions (though he did not elaborate), and that he did not understand some elements that had been presented him while in Boise.

Eventually, the judge’s rambling legalese gained focus with “[Fairfax's] intention was not really to kill Cyndi Steele, but to commit grand theft by deception”. This was followed by saying “[Fairfax, however] was a significant danger to the public.” (In my jotted notes, I have these two items circled, with a large “HUH?” written in.

When it finally came time to disclose the sentence, it felt that the prior 30-some minutes were not much more than padding out his performance; it was as if the exact parameters of the sentence were unquestionably known far more than 30 minutes prior. He announced the 27 month imprisonment, mentioning that “11 months served plus home detention was not enough”. While he did not specifically state the 27 month sentence was immediately reduced by 11 months time served, I think the gist of that was understood by all attending.

Fairfax was also charged to pay $9,680 restitution (to whom, it was unclear, and might have been the lion’s share of the silver Fairfax stole from the Steele’s). Then there was $1,076 restitution paid to some unspecified “behind-the-scenes” entities. $846 was demanded to the Quick Lube place that had discovered the pipe bomb – for lack of operating profits during their being closed down due to the pipe bomb they had found. $900 was demanded as payable to Mrs. Steele.

The remaining 20 or so minutes of the court session dealt with specifying a 3 year supervision of Fairfax after release from jail, and 80 hours of community service. Briskly attended were various housekeeping points about probation guidelines. The court adjourned and all filed out quietly. Last to exit was persistently anti-Steele journalist Meghann Cuniff, of the Spokane Spokesman-Review media outlet.

Mrs. Steele was already outside in the quickly warming Coeur d’Alene noontime. We congregated for some moments, then decided to relocate to a nearby restaurant. Before departing in our vehicles, a photographer/somewhat-reporter from KREM.com TV approached and asked for an on-camera statement. Cyndi had already left the parking lot, so the KREM dude, and supporters drove to the restaurant.

Mr. KREM set up his Media camera in the restaurant parking lot and undertook an on-camera interview of Mrs. Steele, still sporting her FES T-shirt. We stood around and chatted with Mr. KREM after he was done with his camera. Mrs. Steele addressed the on-camera questions with even more emotion and passion than presented in the courtroom.

Obviously, “we” were not cheering and setting off fireworks. The mood was somewhat somber. For what Fairfax did, for how he behaved and considering his 10-some year handyman activities for the Steele family, there was something of a post-sentencing commiseration wind-down.

At no point in this sad travesty of “justice” did Cyndi present anything other than concrete resolve to continue to fight. We’re sticking with you, Mrs. Steele. What can we do next?

Signed, Admin.

Old May 12th, 2011 #1637
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Jamie Kelsey Post Trial Interview with Cyndi

http://reasonradionetwork.com/downlo...w-20110511.mp3

Old May 12th, 2011 #1638
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Cyndi Investigated for Spilling Beans on Fairfax's Notes

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren...airfaxs-diary/

Edgar Steele's lawyers, Robert McAllister and Gary Amendola, obtained selections of Larry Fairfax's handwritten journal notes last week after U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill issued a ruling he now says was a mistake. Now prosecutors are investigating whether McAllister and/or Amendola orders by allowing Cyndi Steele to read those notes.

Cyndi Steele read a statement at Fairfax's sentencing Wednesday that Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan says contained information directly from Fairfax's notes. Whelan said her office will investigate; Winmill said appropriate action will be taken if Steele's lawyer did violate the court order.

Fairfax (pictured) was sentenced to 27 months in prison Wednesday.

Old May 13th, 2011 #1639
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Repost of Steele Contact Information

This is a repost of this information because it contains some more data. Presumably, money orders are allowed for Steele's commissary account.

http://bonnerso.org/howdoi.html#send...g Mail & MoneyIncoming mail must list the full name and address of the sender and the intended receiver. Improperly addressed mail will be returned.

Q: How can my family put money on my account?
A: Family or friends can put money on an inmate’s account by receipt through U.S. Mail, or when they visit the inmate. Please do not send cash through the mail. Personal checks are NOT accepted.

http://www.bonnerso.org/detentioncenter.html

Q: What can I send or bring to the inmate while he/she is in jail?
A: You can send money for the inmate’s books, a personal soft back bible and a small religious necklace valued at no more than $35.00. Any medical items or medications will be accepted. Items and medication will need to be approved by the facility doctor. Please do not send any books, food items or other personal items. They will be returned to sender.
========
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?page_id=22

5/6/2011: Change in Mr. Steele’s jail location!
If you have 15-30 minutes to hand-write a positive, supportive message to our jailed kinsman, here’s your chance. As of this entry’s date, sending LETTERS (not just postcards) includes these guidelines:

photos must be no larger than standard 4″ by 6″

newspapers/magazines must come from publisher

letters are allowed, including newspaper articles/clippings and magazine articles as well as Internet articles, etc.

Cash or personal checks for Mr. Steele’s commissary account are NOT allowed

Additional questions about mail can be directed to (208) 263-8417

Edgar J. Steele
Bonner County Detention Facility
4001 N. Boyer Road
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864

Old May 13th, 2011 #1640
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/306634

I urge forum members to read this article carefully and thoroughly. It is curious that they used Steele's official portrait from his website instead of his mugshot. I haven't figured out where this website is or what its agenda is. It may be in Ireland.

It is also interesting that Tubbs, aka Harold Covington, is quoted at length. This is also the first mention of Cyndi being interviewed on the Dave Gahary show. Supposedly she first thought that her husband was trying to murder her then changed her mind when she heard the tapes. To my knowledge, this is the first mention of this and highly significant. I will try to research this matter more.
========
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/306634

Op-Ed: Was Edgar Steele framed?

An in-depth article and analysis relating to the possible framing of controversial American attorney Edgar J. Steele for the attempted murder of his wife.

On May 5 this year, controversial attorney Edgar J. Steele was convicted on a four count indictment. As he awaits sentencing, his alleged co-conspirator, FBI informant Larry Fairfax, has been sentenced to 27 months in prison, an extremely modest punishment for a man who by his own admission planted a potentially lethal explosive device under a car, and allowed an unsuspecting woman to drive around in it. Steele can expect no such leniency when he is sentenced on August 22. He faces up to thirty years, perhaps more, in prison for his part in an alleged plot to murder his wife and mother-in-law.

Immediately after his arrest, up to his trial, throughout the trial, and after his conviction, Steele has made one consistent claim: he was framed. And that in spite of the existence of audio tapes which appear to show him plotting with Fairfax to murder Cyndi Steele, his wife of twenty-six years, and her mother – his mother-in-law - so that he could take the insurance money and start a new life with a Russian mail order bride.
Steele claims he was targeted because of his track record of defending unpopular clients, clients to whom he appears to have got a shade too close to ideologically, if an analysis of his own writings is anything to go by. “I wuz framed”. Well, you would say that, wouldn’t you, dummy?

Steele has some supporters whom many would regard as ugly, embarrassing, or even an outright liability. It is all too easy for some people to cry foul when they have been caught red-handed, or severely compromised by the evidence. And those active in “radical” politics at both ends of the spectrum are fond of crying not only foul but “government conspiracy”.
In December 1981, Mumia Abu-Jamal was arrested within two minutes of murdering police officer Daniel Faulkner; an empty gun with five spent casings was found at his feet, as was a bullet from the dead man’s gun in Jamal’s chest. There were credible eyewitnesses to the murder, and what has been called a confession but was in reality a boast, that he had shot the man and hoped he died. That didn’t deter Jamal from pleading not guilty, nor his supporters from subjorning perjury and fabricated evidence in a long series of spurious appeals to prevent his execution.

Edgar Steele is at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Jamal, and on the face of it, the evidence against him is just as compelling. On the face of it, there are no holes in the prosecution case, so why then does his wife Cyndi insist that he is innocent, and the tapes, fake?

One of Steele’s most vehement champions is Harold A. Covington, who is regarded by many including himself as America’s leading National Socialist theorist, but scratch away the racial bigotry and the rabid anti-Semitism, and “Wicked Harold” espouses a Libertarian agenda that Ayn Rand herself would relish. In his weekly podcasts, excoriation of the Federal Government is always at the top of his list; his latest such podcast includes a surprising condemnation of the execution of Osama Bin Laden; earlier podcasts have included condemnations of torture, the perceived persecution of Moslems, and the condemnation of American “Imperialism”, so his defence of Edgar Steele is not simply a case of “He would say that, wouldn’t he?”
The inconvenient questions that Covington has posed and continues to ask relate to Steele’s health as much as his motives. In his podcast of June 17 last year, shortly after Steele’s arrest, he commented “...I find it rather difficult to believe that a sixty-four year old man who just a couple of months ago was in the hospital for major open heart surgery would be concentrating on anything but restoring his health...I would take this opportunity to remind all of you yet again that anyone who attempts to involve you in illegal activity is either a cop or a lunatic, but you never know when he’s wired and there’s a tape running somewhere”.
If Covington could work that out without the benefit of a college education, then so could Steele, who has an MBA as well as a degree from UCLA School of Law.

Steele was alleged to have offered Larry Fairfax $25,000 from the insurance money if the bomb that was planted under the car – his own – killed both women. The mode of execution would have made it appear that Steele was himself the target, with the obvious inference that he had been so targeted for political reasons. There is though a problem with that scenario, Steele and his wife had cancelled their insurance. There are also problems with much of the rest of the evidence; one is that according to Cyndi Steele, her husband had been very kind to her mother. Another is that the Russian bride with whom this semi-invalid geriatric was supposed to elope, was no such thing. Steele was he said, actually researching the trafficking of women for sexual purposes, a claim that doesn’t sound quite so outrageous when his wife claims she was aware of what he was doing and in fact was looking over his shoulder at one point as he typed a billet doux to his prospective bride.

If all that sounds incompatible with the State’s claims, the tapes played in court, obviously the most compelling evidence for the jury, are claimed to be bogus. Not simply by Edgar Steele but as stated by Cyndi, who in an extensive radio interview with Dave Gahary said that before she heard these tapes she was convinced that her husband had indeed intended to murder her, but that they were so obviously fake that she realised at once that he had been framed.

So why was this alleged fabrication not exposed in court? Because the defence was not allowed to adduce expert evidence to that effect! One supporter of Steel has made a bogus tape which he has posted to the Youtube website; made up entirely from edits of the lawyer’s public speeches, it is only half-convincing; one would expect a much better quality to be produced by some rogue element within the FBI. How credible is such a claim?

Leftists in particular are fond of alluding to the FBI’s COINTELPRO program, including in relation to Mumia Abu-Jamal, and there is certainly evidence in the public domain relating to this. The FBI’s black operations were though concerned primarily with creating discord within groups like the Black Panthers, although they had one spectacular and in retrospect embarrassing succces; Kwanzaa was invented by a Black “radical” COINTELPRO managed to dupe. In this they appear to have taken a leaf out of the British Army’s book; in his 1960 monograph Gangs and Counter-gangs, Major Frank Kitson relates how in the fight against Mau Mau in Kenya in the 1950s, he had succeeded in introducing a new Mau Mau oath.
Whether or not the FBI ever went that far, there is one notorious and thoroughly documented example of an FBI informant not only participating in a crime but setting it up from scratch, the framing of John De Lorean.

De Lorean was an American whizz kid who got out of his depth when his motor business floundered in the early 1980s. With his company in receivership, he sought a way out, and was arrested for and charged with trafficking cocaine. At his trial in August 1984, he was cleared without a witness being called when his legal team were able to demonstrate that he had been entrapped by FBI shill and drug smuggler James Hoffman.

There is no suggestion by Edgar Steele or anyone fighting his corner that he was entrapped by Larry Fairfax, rather that the crime was initiated and carried out by Fairfax either as part of an FBI operation or for personal reasons – greed – related to the covering up for his theft of silver from the Steele household.

After her husband’s conviction, Cyndi Steele vowed they would fight on. Others of a gentler persuasion than Harold Covington are also determined to prove Steele’s innocence; it may be the only way to do that, or to resolve this issue either way once and for all, is to have the original tapes analysed by independent experts such as the Idaho Innocence Project. That is unless they go missing mysteriously or become corrupted, as happened with forensic evidence in the ongoing case of Michael Stone, who is believed by many to be Britain’s longest serving miscarriage of justice prisoner.

This opinion article was written by an independent writer. The opinions and views expressed herein are those of the author and are not necessarily intended to reflect those of DigitalJournal.com

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; May 13th, 2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added information on Dave Gahary show.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread