Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 25th, 2019 #21
Jim Harting
Senior Member
 
Jim Harting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 850
Jim Harting
Default

I do not understand why this thread is not in the Nutzpah Lounge.
__________________
NEW ORDER on GAB: https://gab.ai/NEW_ORDER
NS Publications: http://nspublications.com
VNN National Socialist Union: https://vnnforum.com/group.php?groupid=58
 
Old February 25th, 2019 #22
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default

Stating that you 'can't feel none of that' [sic] then screaming it's 'GARBAGE'! might be where one wants to insert a thug hat.

Several questions were asked about the moon and sun after answering the flat earth claims in detail, as well as questions re the Society itself and its website, but none were answered.

That's not how you debate a topic and prove a point.

I'll answer the 'feeling it' one too but then it's the other side that has several points it did not address at all, where the Flat Earth Theory was debunked with facts.

Why you don't feel it is several-fold: your nervous system is differential and your body adapts to constant values. We experience the same gravitational force all the time, so our sense of 'down' is constant.

Another factor is Earth being waaay more massive than we humans are, so the force created by that mass pulling us towards it is stronger than we are pulling Earth towards us.

I mentioned gravity keeping the moon in orbit, but there is also the matter of Satellites.

Human made satellites work cuz gravity, without gravity they'd not work.

Objects with mass are attracted to each other, so we have tides and we have planets orbiting around the sun and so on and so forth.

I gave the measurement for the gravitational acceleration near Earth's surface from the Scientists at the AGU...

now who are these folks making these claims with no facts to back them up, and why should we throw away the evidence and just believe them?

That's what is thug stuff: facts don't demand belief, but people should demand facts be proven or faith not given.

My other unanswered questions include:

Without the linear, perpendicular momentum that creates an orbit, what force would keep the sun (or the moon) hovering there above the Earth, instead of crashing down into Earth?

And, since your model of Earth would require the Sun to be smaller than the Earth, another unanswered question:

Why does the Sun not burn it up?

Because we know the sun is more than 100X the diameter of the Earth--if you can show otherwise that is fine, please do.
__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Old February 25th, 2019 #23
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Harting View Post
I do not understand why this thread is not in the Nutzpah Lounge.
One good thing about it is that it shows how to prove something up vs. blind faith and going on the offense when you can't go on the defense (because there are not facts to defend the position).

There is some value in that, actually.

Deductive reasoning would take the wind out of Fox News' sails real quick, if our people had any of them thar skills anymore. Some do which is good.

Practically a god-damned miracle.
__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Old February 25th, 2019 #24
Marin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 131
Marin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Been at the jenkem, Marin?

Fox News Reports on Jenkem
Not really! I’m just not a fool to believe that what I see and feel is not real.

Last edited by Marin; February 25th, 2019 at 11:44 PM.
 
Old February 25th, 2019 #25
Marin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 131
Marin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
Stating that you 'can't feel none of that' [sic] then screaming it's 'GARBAGE'! might be where one wants to insert a thug hat.

Several questions were asked about the moon and sun after answering the flat earth claims in detail, as well as questions re the Society itself and its website, but none were answered.

That's not how you debate a topic and prove a point.

I'll answer the 'feeling it' one too but then it's the other side that has several points it did not address at all, where the Flat Earth Theory was debunked with facts.

Why you don't feel it is several-fold: your nervous system is differential and your body adapts to constant values. We experience the same gravitational force all the time, so our sense of 'down' is constant.

Another factor is Earth being waaay more massive than we humans are, so the force created by that mass pulling us towards it is stronger than we are pulling Earth towards us.

I mentioned gravity keeping the moon in orbit, but there is also the matter of Satellites.

Human made satellites work cuz gravity, without gravity they'd not work.

Objects with mass are attracted to each other, so we have tides and we have planets orbiting around the sun and so on and so forth.

I gave the measurement for the gravitational acceleration near Earth's surface from the Scientists at the AGU...

now who are these folks making these claims with no facts to back them up, and why should we throw away the evidence and just believe them?

That's what is thug stuff: facts don't demand belief, but people should demand facts be proven or faith not given.

My other unanswered questions include:

Without the linear, perpendicular momentum that creates an orbit, what force would keep the sun (or the moon) hovering there above the Earth, instead of crashing down into Earth?

And, since your model of Earth would require the Sun to be smaller than the Earth, another unanswered question:

Why does the Sun not burn it up?

Because we know the sun is more than 100X the diameter of the Earth--if you can show otherwise that is fine, please do.
Satellites are not real, it all works with antennas! TVs for example are just radios on steroids.

The Sun is clearly much smaller than they told us, illuminating the earth locally, orbiting the sky.
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #26
Nikola Bijeliti
Sex: Male
 
Nikola Bijeliti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 434
Blog Entries: 14
Nikola Bijeliti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
The Sun is clearly much smaller than they told us, illuminating the earth locally, orbiting the sky.
And, if you look really closely, you can see the string that the sun is hanging from, tied to God's middle finger.
__________________
Flipper Generation: We killed the evil Nazis.
Boomer Generation: We refuse to fight Jew wars.
Millennial Generation: It's the Boomers' fault!
Zyklon Generation: WE take responsibility.
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #27
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default

Radios on Steroids would be a great name for a band.
__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #28
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Satellites are not real, it all works with antennas! TVs for example are just radios on steroids.

The Sun is clearly much smaller than they told us, illuminating the earth locally, orbiting the sky.
On a serious note (as serious as one can take this) you proved neither point.

Here is a link regarding how we measure the size of the sun and moon.

It explains what we can and cannot know and why:

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/abo...e-sun-beginner

Here's an excerpt:

"astronomers get to measure angular sizes in a more accurate way, and with that they can get the actual sizes of the objects. To do that we have to take into account the distance to the objects we are measuring. An example of that is that even though the Sun and the Moon have the same angular size, the Sun is in fact much larger than the Moon. They just appear the same size because the Sun is much farther. So from accurate measurements of the distance to the Sun and to the Moon, and measuring their angular sizes, we can get good estimates of their actual sizes. The values we get are that the radius of the Sun is 696,000 km, and the radius of the Moon is 1740 km."

So you say the sun is 'clearly much smaller' than believed by astronomers who explain exactly how they come to their estimates on the sizes, and what those estimates are.

Show me what you estimate the size to be and WHY, and how the information was obtained, and by whom.

As for satellites, no they do not work without gravity, we have GPS satellites which most people are familiar with and they don't work without gravity.

How are they orbiting without gravity?

"Each satellite in the GPS constellation orbits at an altitude of about 20,000 km from the ground, and has an orbital speed of about 14,000 km/hour (the orbital period is roughly 12 hours - contrary to popular belief, GPS satellites are not in geosynchronous or geostationary orbits)."

^^Exact numbers for the orbital period...here is a vid:



Now....instead of declaring the information 'garbage' tell me why it is garbage.

Refute his points with counter-points so we can believe you are correct and he is wrong.

If you are armed with evidence that proves him wrong you'll certainly be happy to present it.



If it doesn't work the way they claim, how does it work? Declaring that it doesn't is meaningless. You say there are no satellites and it works 'with antennas.'

Prove that with data.
__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #29
Hugh
Holorep survivor
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The wild frontier
Posts: 4,850
Hugh
Default

__________________
Secede. Control taxbases/municipalities. Use boycotts, divestment, sanctions, strikes.
http://www.aeinstein.org/wp-content/...d-Jan-2015.pdf
https://canvasopedia.org/wp-content/...Points-web.pdf
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #30
Marin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 131
Marin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
On a serious note (as serious as one can take this) you proved neither point.

Here is a link regarding how we measure the size of the sun and moon.

It explains what we can and cannot know and why:

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/abo...e-sun-beginner

Here's an excerpt:

"astronomers get to measure angular sizes in a more accurate way, and with that they can get the actual sizes of the objects. To do that we have to take into account the distance to the objects we are measuring. An example of that is that even though the Sun and the Moon have the same angular size, the Sun is in fact much larger than the Moon. They just appear the same size because the Sun is much farther. So from accurate measurements of the distance to the Sun and to the Moon, and measuring their angular sizes, we can get good estimates of their actual sizes. The values we get are that the radius of the Sun is 696,000 km, and the radius of the Moon is 1740 km."

So you say the sun is 'clearly much smaller' than believed by astronomers who explain exactly how they come to their estimates on the sizes, and what those estimates are.

Show me what you estimate the size to be and WHY, and how the information was obtained, and by whom.

As for satellites, no they do not work without gravity, we have GPS satellites which most people are familiar with and they don't work without gravity.

How are they orbiting without gravity?

"Each satellite in the GPS constellation orbits at an altitude of about 20,000 km from the ground, and has an orbital speed of about 14,000 km/hour (the orbital period is roughly 12 hours - contrary to popular belief, GPS satellites are not in geosynchronous or geostationary orbits)."

^^Exact numbers for the orbital period...here is a vid:

How Do Satellites Get & Stay in Orbit?


Now....instead of declaring the information 'garbage' tell me why it is garbage.

Refute his points with counter-points so we can believe you are correct and he is wrong.

If you are armed with evidence that proves him wrong you'll certainly be happy to present it.



If it doesn't work the way they claim, how does it work? Declaring that it doesn't is meaningless. You say there are no satellites and it works 'with antennas.'

Prove that with data.
Satellites don't exist, even GPS systems work with Antennas.
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #31
Marin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 131
Marin
Default

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aplanet...ont-exist/amp/

about the size of the sun, I don't have that information, observable reality clearly indicates a sun that moves locally over the earth, completely different from the supposed heliocentric one.
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #32
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default Jesus Just Returned He's in my Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Satellites don't exist, even GPS systems work with Antennas.
Show proof of this and explain how it would work.

Otherwise it's just a claim, like my claim in the title. Meaningless without some tangible proof.
__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #33
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/aplanet...ont-exist/amp/

about the size of the sun, I don't have that information, observable reality clearly indicates a sun that moves locally over the earth, completely different from the supposed heliocentric one.
People in ancient times 'observed' things and got them wrong, and we know why they were wrong and can show why.

The way something looks smaller than what it is due to distance is easily explainable, without pulling out any quantum physics or anything.

For example: "Think about looking at a mountain on the horizon. The mountain looks much smaller than your house. But get up close and it turns out the mountain is massive!"

Why the sun looks smaller than erf:

http://www.planet-science.com/catego...ook-small.aspx
__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #34
Marin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 131
Marin
Default

It is very well explained here.


Great Video.

Spinning Globe Airship is Deception.
 
Old February 26th, 2019 #35
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pre-Rapture, USA ⚛️
Posts: 3,871
Emily Henderson
Default A Christian Wack-a-Doodle Doo Scam Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
It is very well explained here.

https://youtu.be/8Jwr6l7Xyw4

Great Video.

Spinning Globe Airship is Deception.
No, it isn't explained here, nor is it a great video.

At the 2 minute and 18 second mark he says 'If there are devices up high in the sky helping with communications, then NASA probably reconfigures them to work where they want them to work."

Lol. He doesn't say how they would do this of course. They 'probably' do this (he's not sure)....

Then he says they may be doing it with 'hot air balloons or a secret advanced technology but they are definitely not putting anything up is so-called space".

So he declares a potential secret technology he can't prove exists and actually uses the phrase 'so-called space'.

And makes it clear he has no proof of anything.

Now let's look at who he is, the man making the claims.

Chris Wrock.

Oh....he's with a little thing called 'Narrow Path Ministries'.

https://flatearthlunacy.com/index.ph...-earth-reality

You can join him for Bible studies here--once again, Flat Earth started with the Bible set and it is still with them:


So I have covered many bases here, and at this point there is no evidence worth a sneeze for flat erf, plus the sources used are one nut, an apologist site with no studies cited or sources, and some memes.

There's enough in this thread so far for folks to come to their own conclusions.

Work all done here.


__________________
"Inquiry and doubt are essential checks against deception."--Richard Carrier
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.
Page generated in 0.11375 seconds.