VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 10th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default college

[Would you take out tens of thousands in loans to pay your worst enemy to brainwash your children? If you're like most middle-class Americans, the answer is "Yes." Where's the scam in 'a college education,' perhaps the holiest words in America this side of Jaysus and democracy? For starters, assimilate this: only ten to fifteen percent of the population is intellectually capable of handling college-level material. Yet fifty percent of traditionally college-aged students attend college. Meaning that the vast bulk of institutions out there are so many high schools and even junior highs masquerading as universities. Then there's the question of who is teaching whom what. The answer is that, essentially, marxist jews are teaching the children of naive Whites. Whites who don't know any better than to think what they're paying for is the real thing. Finally there's the question of funding. Few Whites or their parents have the money to pay the tens of thousands it often costs for a single year of college. So they take out loans. They go into debt, believing the Big Lie that college degree equates to millions in extra income over the course of a lifetime, a lie that never goes out of circulation in the controlled media. The fact is that a kid who went to work at 16 and worked steadily until he was 26, saving money the whole time, would come out with hundreds of thousands in the bank, as opposed to his peer with a semi-useless college and grad degree, who starts "real" life tens of thousands in debt. Little hint, lemmings: if you're going tens of thousands of dollars into debt for something, you'd better ask real, real hard questions about what you get on the back end. And what you'll find is that very few colleges, degrees, or programs are worth that kind of money. I mean, you can work at Starbucks (don't, it's a jew-owned chain) without a degree in communications from Erie State.]

Higher-Ed Revolution
Posted by Lew Rockwell at March 10, 2008 08:28 AM

The vast, and vastly expensive, college and university sector is in trouble, though the WaPo doesn't put it like that. Starting with the GI Bill, the federal government has heavily subsidized and controlled higher education, leading to far too many students and professors, and a radical decline in the average intellectual quality of both. Then there is the effect of unrelenting official PC. Feminism, for example, has led to a boy shortage. They comprise about 42% of the average campus, though that is almost never discussed. Outside of certain professional areas and the hard sciences, why should middle-class parents pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to send a boy to four years of dumbed down official indoctrination that tells him he's the scum of the earth? It doesn't even pay off in lifetime earnings, despite the propaganda.

Then there is another problem. The whole apparatus is based today on student loans, but with the credit crunch, they could dry up. No more repackaging and selling them as securities! Of course, the Fed can just print the money, but there is a cost to that, and the banks and Wall Street and the merchants of death are in line first. A huge state university of, say, 25,000 students could shrink by half or two-thirds in a depression.

Despite federal distortions, there is a demand for real education, but it will increasingly take place outside the federalized, elephantized official system: in institutions like the Mises Institute.

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 21st, 2009 at 01:03 AM.

Old March 13th, 2008 #2
Uncle John

IMO, this is one of the best posts ever made on this forum. I agree with every single word of it. "Educationalism" in the United States took off in a big way around 1943, when the Congress was looking ahead to the end of the war and was eager to develop programs with which to buy the votes of returning G.I.s.

About twenty years ago I taught a senior-level course in the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma. Even then, my students' writing ability was amazingly bad. Most of them couldn't find the topic sentence in a paragraph.

Old March 13th, 2008 #3
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

This is a really tough question, and things have changed over the years.

I started college at Texas A & M in the fall of 1963. My first semester cost about $400, and that included room and meals. You read it right -- $400 for tuition, books, room, and meals.

From about that time until, say 2000, anyone with a degree in Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics was guaranteed a life of good employment. Later, you could add Computer Science to the list. I think it was about 1970 or so that Universities began offering degrees in CS.

That's all changed. I have no idea what a semester costs at A & M or elsewhere, but I have a feeling it is a little more that $400. And, even a good technical degree is guarantee of nothing, these days. Then, there is the strange phenomenon of kids paying to get degrees in Communications, Woman's studies, and God knows what. Tens of thousands of dollars for degrees in gibberish.

If I had a kid about college age, I wouldn't know what to do. I'd want my child to earn a degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics, but the cost is immense. And, as I wrote above, these degrees don't guarantee high-paid employment, as they used to.

Enkidu

Old March 15th, 2008 #4
Martin Horvath...
Mad Hungarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
This is a really tough question, and things have changed over the years.

I started college at Texas A & M in the fall of 1963. My first semester cost about $400, and that included room and meals. You read it right -- $400 for tuition, books, room, and meals.

From about that time until, say 2000, anyone with a degree in Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics was guaranteed a life of good employment. Later, you could add Computer Science to the list. I think it was about 1970 or so that Universities began offering degrees in CS.

That's all changed. I have no idea what a semester costs at A & M or elsewhere, but I have a feeling it is a little more that $400. And, even a good technical degree is guarantee of nothing, these days. Then, there is the strange phenomenon of kids paying to get degrees in Communications, Woman's studies, and God knows what. Tens of thousands of dollars for degrees in gibberish.

If I had a kid about college age, I wouldn't know what to do. I'd want my child to earn a degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics, but the cost is immense. And, as I wrote above, these degrees don't guarantee high-paid employment, as they used to.

Enkidu
A country with very little manufacturing does not have much need of engineers. There is a glut of electrical engineers. Computer Science departments are drying up around the country due to lack of enrollment. Petroleum engineers are in a great demand as are graduates in the geological sciences. If the country continues to slip into a severe recession/depression as I think it will, these bogus colleges and universities will be in big trouble due to lack of enrollment. College has become nothing more than another debt slavery scam. Whites who send their daughters off to college to study sociology are really going into debt to send their daughter to a whore training academy.

Old August 3rd, 2008 #5
T. Kadijevic
† Chaotic Christian †

And of course lets not forget that its WHO you know that will get you into a job. That piece of paper that you earn at school will qualify you for advancement and promotions within your chosen place of work...maybe!
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him...." ------ John 8:44

Old August 3rd, 2008 #6
John in Woodbridge

I don't have a link, but I've heard that a (way overpriced) college education is becoming increasingly worthless as far as giving folks good earning potential. Learn a trade.

Old August 3rd, 2008 #7
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Kadijevic View Post
And of course lets not forget that its WHO you know that will get you into a job. That piece of paper that you earn at school will qualify you for advancement and promotions within your chosen place of work...maybe!
Depends on the field. In the sciences, the degree is a "key" that allows you to enter the consideration phase. No key; no chance of consideration for employment.

Old August 3rd, 2008 #8
Kievsky

Default European-Americans United solution to college

Quote:
http://www.lulu.com/content/2156467

Download $6.25 Add to Cart
Paperback book $9.99 Add to Cart
Download: 1 documents, 155 KB

Printed: 60 pages, 6" x 9", perfect binding, black and white interior ink
Description:

This book will show you how to get an accredited college degree without attending classes, spending a small fortune or subjecting yourself to endless diatribes on political correctness. If you aren’t afraid of hard work, are brighter than average, and are ready to dedicate significant time and effort to achieve something worthwhile, this book is for you.
Furthermore, EAU has a private collaborative message board offering FREE tutoring to members. No one has taken us up on it so far. But if and when they do, Jerry Abbott is on board to tutor people in higher math and advanced physics.

There are other tutors for easier levels of math and science, and I'm willing to teach Russian to anyone who wants to learn it.

If there's one arena we can beat the bastards at, it's higher education. And a student who is willing to CLEP his way to college degree is someone with raw intelligence and drive. Imagine going to medical school with no student loans?

By the way, the best place to go to med school is Russia. it's free if you get in.

Old August 3rd, 2008 #9
Kievsky

Default Gary North on how to study

Free e-book by Gary North -- this is real good stuff:

http://www.garynorth.com/public/department99.cfm

Old August 3rd, 2008 #10
Dan_O

I just graduated and can't find a job.

Old August 3rd, 2008 #11
Karl Lueger

There was that great line about the GI bill and indoctrinated lemmings it produced who "exchanged a drill sergeant for a liberal professor"
both to same effect in promoting all things jew and anything anti-WHite, indoctrination, not real education. Damn glad I dropped out of Grad school..
a bit late but better-than the sheeple I know who became "career students"
and after 8-10 YEARS had to leave, properly hating themselves and all things WHite, worshipping kikes and niggers and convinced they will better the world by
making it non-white. few of them are women, not married, no kids, approve of jew-though race-mixing etc..
Other than medical profession and few true sciences, most of it is a waste,
I know a guy who has a PhD and considers it the biggest waste of $ and even worse, Time in his life. Now he runs a very successful restaurant which is completely
different from his doctorate, but real life and college days do not always match.

Rambo, John J.

Old August 3rd, 2008 #12
Adamic Man

White children today should be homeschooled and encouraged to read books in areas of study that they seem to have an aptitude for. Entreprenurialism should also be taught. Children can learn any skill and have their own home business in it. A boy can go a long way learning carpentry or auto repair. No white child today should ever be allowed to be fed through those marxist grinding mills known as college. No effing way.

-AM

Old August 6th, 2008 #13
Leshrac
Mad Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
Depends on the field. In the sciences, the degree is a "key" that allows you to enter the consideration phase. No key; no chance of consideration for employment.
Funny that no major discovery was/is made by people who get their "key".

Fact is 99.9% of major discoveries are/were made by people who were shit on by "the official, state-sponsored" "scientists".

Old August 6th, 2008 #14
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshrac View Post
Funny that no major discovery was/is made by people who get their "key".

Fact is 99.9% of major discoveries are/were made by people who were shit on by "the official, state-sponsored" "scientists".
Yes, that's a good point. In fact, public schools were created, in the U.S., in large measure to prevent the development of private intelligence that could the threaten the large corporations. Read John Taylor Gatto.

Edison - very little schooling, and no real religious belief.

You pay $50 for a welding class at the technical center, you come out and you know how to weld. You pay 50k for a portion of a year at Duke, you come out, you know - what? Probably 80 things that aren't true, and certainly not how to weld.

Old November 14th, 2008 #15
Alex Linder
Administrator

[It may be taken as a general rule that any institution dominated by females is by definition in decline.]

[Click thru link below to see the graphs]

Girl Power: Females Dominate US Higher Education

The charts below are based on data from the Department of Education, showing some interesting trends.

1. Before 1981, men received more bachelor's degrees than women, and in every year since then women have received more bachelor's degrees than men (see graph below). In the most recent year for which actual data are available (2005-2006), 135 women received bachelor's degrees for every 100 men, and that F:M bachelor’s degree ratio is expected to increase to 150:100 by 2016. By 2016, women will receive 60% of bachelor's degrees vs. 40% for men.

2. In most years before 1985, men received more master's degrees than women, and in every year since then women have received more degrees than men (see graph below). In the most recent year for which actual data are available (2005-2006), 150 women received master's degrees for every 100 men, and that F:M master’s degree ratio is expected to increase to 170:100 by 2016 (see graph below). By 2016, women will receive 63% of master's degrees vs. 37% for men.

3. In every year before 2006, men received more doctoral degrees than women, and in every year after that women are projected to earn more doctoral degrees than men (see graph below). By 2016, women will receive slightly more than 55% of doctoral degrees vs. less than 45% for men.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/11/...te-higher.html

Old November 18th, 2008 #16
Mike Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
You pay 50k for a portion of a year at Duke, you come out, you know - what? Probably 80 things that aren't true, and certainly not how to weld.
This may get interesting. In recent years the answer was a ticket to a high-paying career on Wall Street. What will be this year's fallback? Compete with H1B dotheads for technical jobs? What with Obongo, we may see another of those contrived waves of idealism, with white kids teaching in urban schools and flocking to "NGOs." But unless you're already rich, how do you justify $200K for that?

Old November 18th, 2008 #17
Animated Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamic Man View Post
White children today should be homeschooled and encouraged to read books in areas of study that they seem to have an aptitude for. Entreprenurialism should also be taught. Children can learn any skill and have their own home business in it. A boy can go a long way learning carpentry or auto repair. No white child today should ever be allowed to be fed through those marxist grinding mills known as college. No effing way.

-AM
agree 100%

Old April 20th, 2009 #18
Mike Parker

College Graduates Tackle Dismal Job Market

CBS Evening News: Grads Learn To Be Flexible In Job Search; Government Still Hiring

The jobless rate among college graduates has more than doubled from a year ago to 4.3 percent. Almost 2 million college graduates are unemployed and a recent survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers predicts companies will hire 22 percent fewer graduating seniors than they did last year. (CBS)

New Grads Fear Weak Job Market

As the U.S. economy lost jobs for the fourth straight month, many workers and college graduates are scrambling to find employment in the face of fears of a possible recession. Anthony Mason reports.

(CBS) The nation's unemployment rate is soaring, inching closer to 10 percent with each passing month.

And that spells trouble for graduating college seniors, about to compete in the toughest job market in decades, reports CBS News correspondent Priya David.

Blake Taylor, a senior at Catholic University in Washington DC, expected to be an accountant when she graduates this May. But then her fortunes changed.

She had a job offer that was rescinded because the company says it's no longer hiring.

"It's hard; it's definitely hard," she said. "When they told me, I definitely felt like I had the air kicked out of me and now, I was just like, 'Ok, I'm at square one again.'"

The jobless rate among college graduates has more than doubled from a year ago to 4.3 percent. Almost 2 million college graduates are unemployed and a recent survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers predicts companies will hire 22 percent fewer graduating seniors than they did last year.

"The previous 5 years it was a sellers market for these kids," said Ed Koc of the National Association of Colleges and Employers. "They could pretty much demand what they wanted in terms of a job and what they got from an employer. That's no longer going to be the case."

One place recent graduates can look for work is the U.S. government. The government has postings for more than 40,000 open slots right now and expects to increase hiring employees straight from college.

College senior Peter Donald expects to find a job in federal law enforcement soon. But fellow senior Bill Frame is still looking for work. He spent months trying for a job on Wall Street without success, and has now widened his search to other industries.

"This is an every morning thing for me now. I wake up and check my email and spend 20 minutes checking on the different job sites, then usually another half hour to an hour doing applications," Frame said.

"What we say to them is your first job may not be your ideal job and so be more flexible be more open to taking positions that maybe weren't on your radar screen originally," said Dr. Alan Goodman, a career counselor at Catholic University.

That's a message Blake Taylor, at least, has taken to heart.

"As doors close windows open," she said. "If you can't go through the front go through the back. You'll find a way; you have to find a way."

An optimistic attitude that will help with the rigorous job hunt that lays ahead.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4954222.shtml

Old April 23rd, 2009 #19
Alex Linder
Administrator

I side with those who offer this advice. Find what you want to do, and go do it. Find the best men, emulate them. Go to their businesses, their magazines, their workshops, and tell them you want to mop and sweep for free, and you won't take no. Don't worry about money. Just quit thinking about the thing and do it. If you're doing it for money, you don't really love it. Be clear on this. Work for money is fine, but if you love something, you have to do it right regardless of the money. Amateur means love-r. Take yourself seriously, and take what you do seriously. If you want to do something in one field, get in that field. Doing something unrelated won't help you, and many things that seem temporary turn out to be eternal. "Refuse to be blocked and you'll get the job done."

Old April 24th, 2009 #20
Pennsylvania Man
Banned

Real Education by Charles Murray. Chapter 3, Too Many People Are Going to College. His latest book.

Tags
edu-business

Thread