VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Showcase > Showcase
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old March 28th, 2014 #21
H.B.

Interesting talking points - just wanted to add some feedback.

Narcissism is stupid and an obvious vice. Even if you managed to achieve more than 99.9% of the population, you will still only be a tiny, miscue speck in the whole sum of things. The world does not revolve around you. This is especially true in the social media age where every attention seeking whore has the potential for "celebrity" status.

Arrogance is very foolish too. The moment you stop to look around and admire what you have done, that is when you lose your momentum and then everyone passes you.

Excellence in anything in life is a constant process of hard work, maintaining a ironclad positive outlook no matter what challenges show up and constantly trying to improve and reinvent yourself. The moment you stop and say, "look at me Mom, look what I did", you are screwed.

Overall a good podcast and I will be listening to future ones.

Old March 28th, 2014 #22
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.B. View Post

Arrogance is very foolish too. The moment you stop to look around and admire what you have done, that is when you lose your momentum and then everyone passes you.
Some have called me arrogant since the 7th grade, and that really doesn't sound like arrogance to me, it sounds like complacency.

To put it in terms Gekkonian, arrogance, for lack of a better term, is good.

You could make an argument about unfounded arrogance, I suppose.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; March 28th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Old March 28th, 2014 #23
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Again with the tattoos? Dude.

Listening now. Great stuff.

Weird. I referenced Patty Smyth in a post today before listening to The Hotdog. Maybe we are the same person after all. The reason I was initially attracted to my first wife was her uncanny resemblance to Patty.

Home run Alex, really enjoyed listening to that.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; March 28th, 2014 at 10:57 AM.

Old March 28th, 2014 #24
varg

Added it to the Multimedia -> Broadcasts page

http://vnnforum.com/listen

Old March 28th, 2014 #25
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Any way to make these podcast pay for play? Alex should monetize this bitch.

Old March 28th, 2014 #26
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Marr View Post
I tried to connect your Ann Arbor quote to Hunter S. Thompson, but the only connection I can find is that the Rum Diary was published there.
Ted Bundy, quoted in WT reporters' Michaud and Aynesworth (as i recall) book

Old March 28th, 2014 #27
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Just doesn't feel the same without Mr. Brownstone and Alex ending on the 'Yowza'

"Goodbye to jew" is decent though.
Eh...gotta change; I'm in a different 'place' now, as they ickily but truly say.

Old March 28th, 2014 #28
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

Narcissism is stupid and an obvious vice. Even if you managed to achieve more than 99.9% of the population, you will still only be a tiny, miscue speck in the whole sum of things. The world does not revolve around you. This is especially true in the social media age where every attention seeking whore has the potential for "celebrity" status.

Excellence in anything in life is a constant process of hard work, maintaining a ironclad positive outlook no matter what challenges show up and constantly trying to improve and reinvent yourself. The moment you stop and say, "look at me Mom, look what I did", you are screwed.

Thanks, and glad to hear it. I do have responses to your points, but will hold off for now.

Old March 28th, 2014 #29
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Again with the tattoos? Dude.

Listening now. Great stuff.

Weird. I referenced Patty Smyth in a post today before listening to The Hotdog. Maybe we are the same person after all. The reason I was initially attracted to my first wife was her uncanny resemblance to Patty.

Home run Alex, really enjoyed listening to that.
Thanks. That vid is on my twitter, with a bunch of other good ones.

Old March 28th, 2014 #30
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Any way to make these podcast pay for play? Alex should monetize this bitch.
Let me build up a few million listeners first... We can just do our quarterly drives that will work.

Old March 28th, 2014 #31
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

Eminem said it perfectly in his latest, "Rap God"

Full of myself/but still hungry

Perfect.

Old March 28th, 2014 #32
Alex Linder
Administrator

BTW, this is the

Pure Meat! Pure Gold! Show

That is the formal name.

AKA/nickname the Hotdog podcast.

Lipz, Peckerz 'n' Assholez is the formal name of the theme song. Well, it's the refrain of the theme song. I will hand sing it to start. Now, can you guess what the informal name of the theme song is?

Anyone know where PM! PG! comes from? I believe I've mentioned it a time or two.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 30th, 2014 at 09:09 PM.

Old March 28th, 2014 #33
SaraT

A new broadcast from Alex! I feel like I have been wondering in the desert and just spotted an oasis.

Old March 28th, 2014 #34
Alex Linder
Administrator

Here's what I mean by white genes being the essential thing, not belief.

The catholic position is pride is a sin, perhaps the worst, or the root.

But at most that's half the truth.

Eminem, a white man who is a professional nigger, got both sides of the coin

Full of myself - but still hungry.

His lyric is more sophisticated, more accurate, not to mention more poetic, than the church's position.

Old March 28th, 2014 #35
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraT View Post
A new broadcast from Alex! I feel like I have been wondering in the desert and just spotted an oasis.
Unlike jebus, i have returned as promised.

Old March 30th, 2014 #36
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

"Whose side are you on, team White, or team joo!?"

Good stuff, Alex!

Old March 30th, 2014 #37
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Böse View Post
"Whose side are you on, team White, or team joo!?"

Good stuff, Alex!
Thanks, Hugo!

I have some good shit ginnned up for show 2, will tape it again wednesday.

Old April 2nd, 2014 #38
Alex Linder
Administrator

Pure Meat! Pure Gold! Show #002 (1:46), 4-2-14, now available for earing!

http://vanguardnewsnetwork.com/downl...-04-02-002.mp3

Last edited by Alex Linder; April 2nd, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Old April 2nd, 2014 #39
M.N. Dalvez

Are you amplifying the recording once you make it?

Because if you are, you could move the microphone about an inch or two away from your mouth, and you wouldn't get that slight popping or windy sound that comes through on some of your sentences and words (particularly on voiced and voiceless bilabial stops, "B's" and "P's", because you make those sounds by making a 'puff' of sound with your mouth).

Still listening to the first bit, so I'll comment more substantively on it when I listen through. Possibly deferred until after I get some sleep.

PS: 'Gary Brecher' is the pseudonym of Doctor John Dolan, the American doctor of rhetoric. I don't know if you know that or not, or whether you're using his pseudonym because it's the name he wrote that article under. He's written a lot of good things under both his pseudonym and his real name. I've got a copy of his 'War Nerd' book, which is worth picking up on Amazon or wherever.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; April 2nd, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

Old April 2nd, 2014 #40
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
Are you amplifying the recording once you make it?

Because if you are, you could move the microphone about an inch or two away from your mouth, and you wouldn't get that slight popping or windy sound that comes through on some of your sentences and words (particularly on voiced and voiceless bilabial stops, "B's" and "P's", because you make those sounds by making a 'puff' of sound with your mouth).

Still listening to the first bit, so I'll comment more substantively on it when I listen through. Possibly deferred until after I get some sleep.

PS: 'Gary Brecher' is the pseudonym of Doctor John Dolan, the American doctor of rhetoric. I don't know if you know that or not, or whether you're using his pseudonym because it's the name he wrote that article under. He's written a lot of good things under both his pseudonym and his real name. I've got a copy of his 'War Nerd' book, which is worth picking up on Amazon or wherever.
I'm trying to get the recording loud enough that Varg doesnt have to mess with it. This one I turned internal computer mic to 100%, last time it was 75% and too soft. Same reason, I held the mic closer to my mouth on this one to get more volume. This came out better than the first one I did, from my listening. Popping is less a concern than softness, but I will adjust if this loud enough for most people. I dont hear popping when I listen, I do hear breath sounds sometimes. Right now, I want it LOUD so people can hear. People like me whose hearing is not that good.

Tags
#1, alex linder, broadcast, radio

Thread