Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > Working
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old January 16th, 2009 #41
Anne

I've learned my lesson, I'm not going to tangle with a sting-ray. I'm not always the most prudent individual.

Old October 30th, 2010 #42
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

"Do what you love to earn a living".

Don't you love it when people say that.

If that were the case, people would be beating off on the corner with a cup for quarters.

Creating and producing is a struggle, it requires an effort. Maybe after an achievement or after the work is done, you can look back and be happy.

But anything of real value to the world, anything worth any acclaim and something people would want to give their money for (money is an exchange of value, nothing more), is that way because of the effort and/or skill that went into it. The man studying differential equations in math on his way to becoming an engineer is in no fucking humanly possible way enjoying that boring shit. He's enjoying the vision of the end goal and accomplishment, the possibilities that the struggle will enable, the potential to be unlocked.

Even the very attractive prostitute. The man is paying her a premium for generations of her ancestors damn good genetic selections (and her efforts to take care of herself / willpower).

At least that's how I look at attractive people.

Thread