VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 15th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Atheist / Rat Thread

'Rat' is my term for my beliefs, as concerns things irrational taken seriously by cloudy thinkers and professional conmen. It stands for one who believes that rational thinking is effective mentation in every sphere of human activity and conjecture.

A term is necessary to escape the politicization of 'atheism,' which if not begun as a slur was turned into one by the church, and then proudly claimed by vile leftists, though there is no necessary connection between the one position atheism takes and leftism as a whole. It's actually the opposite - atheism fits the right-wing view of the world better than the left.

It is my view, as a rat, nay as The Rat, as King Rat, as Primus Inter (Rat) Pares, that atheism is a term unnecessary save for the irrationalist, which is to say religious, majority - they need a way to focus their hate, and 'atheist' provides it. 'Atheism' is a strawman - because the rejection of the assertion about a supernatural God made by christians does not amount to a belief system, as suggested by the -ism, not any more than a rejection of someone's assertion of the reality of Santa Claus amounts to a belief system.

Some atheists call themselves 'clears,' more recently. This smacks of leftism in that it's a patting of oneself on the back for being sharper, better, whatever than one's opponent. While that may be the case, it is lip-curlingly gauche to praise oneself, which is what the term amounts to.

So I am a rat, and a proud and happy rat. Anyone opposed, take it up with this guy:

Anyway, this thread will be for data about atheists, as the majority call their strawman, and the majority reaction to them.

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 15th, 2014 at 12:36 AM.

Tags

Thread