Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 22nd, 2018 #1
PostCardFromOldham

Default Taxi Licences

Fears public is 'at risk' as local councils hand licences to thousands of taxi drivers from across Britain while failing to check their criminal records
Rapists and other convicted sex offenders have been given taxi licences
Councils that failed to check their criminal records, it has been claimed
Rossendale licenced over 3,700 tax drivers last year, despite having rank space for just 75 vehicle
The vast majority of the drivers licensed by Rossendale did not live in the borough

By Daily Mail Reporter

Published: 02:18, 23 May 2018 | Updated: 02:18, 23 May 2018

Rapists and other convicted sex offenders have been given taxi licences by councils that failed to check their criminal records, it has been claimed.

Some local authorities have also taken hundreds of thousands of pounds in fees from applicants, knowing they did not have the cab ranks to accommodate them.

An investigation found serious failings at Rossendale, Lancashire, and a legal loophole allegedly exploited by Wolverhampton.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5GIl7afs1

Old May 23rd, 2018 #2
PostCardFromOldham

Some years ago when I worked In Oldham all the time I would see these Taxis with a different plate from the Oldham cabs. I did start to write the numbers down and noticed the increase rising daily.

All these drivers are Muslim and on one occasion I had a run in with one and asked for his badge number, because I would report him to Oldham Council. He told me that Oldham Council had no jurisdiction over his licence plate and this was confirmed by Oldham Council later.

The Licence numbers in Oldham now are in the thousands, all may not work in Oldham but I would say most of the article has truth.

Thread