Old November 8th, 2018 #221
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Little View Post
theres someone you might know there.

https://vk.com/mikemazzone
oh yeah... real old school...

well i'm getting fucked now by not owning a cell phone. all these services want you to verify your "mobile" and that's increasingly only option

Old November 8th, 2018 #222
Johan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
it's a taiwanese thing..
That's correct Alex,as i said it isn't what you/we looking for.

This Plurk is covered/dubious,almost no info about the owners,and only one case with Taiwanese police in ten years,calling for the assassination of the President of the Republic of China {nothing about cases that refer to jews}.

This plurk is also for mobile phone,so it's usefull to chat around demonstrations and events and work in closed groups.That's why i name it here on the forum,{in Holland/Europe cops don't watch what is happening on Plurk,they only monitor the usual things fb/twitter/gab/......enz}.

I hope you find what you looking for,but i think you find nowhere the freedom of speech that we have here on VNN.

Succes with it,greetings Johan

Old November 8th, 2018 #223
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
That's correct Alex,as i said it isn't what you/we looking for.

This Plurk is covered/dubious,almost no info about the owners,and only one case with Taiwanese police in ten years,calling for the assassination of the President of the Republic of China {nothing about cases that refer to jews}.

This plurk is also for mobile phone,so it's usefull to chat around demonstrations and events and work in closed groups.That's why i name it here on the forum,{in Holland/Europe cops don't watch what is happening on Plurk,they only monitor the usual things fb/twitter/gab/......enz}.

I hope you find what you looking for,but i think you find nowhere the freedom of speech that we have here on VNN.

Succes with it,greetings Johan
well i'm not against it. i cant register with vk unless i go back on facebook.

i might try plurk.

asians dont care about our stuff so much, tho i have no illusion they wouldnt go crabwise under pressure like the whiteskins always do

Old November 8th, 2018 #224
Alex Linder
Administrator

if we get enough people agreed on one, we can all join it

Old November 8th, 2018 #225
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Default There is a lot going on Gab some updates.

The Gab purge.

Quote:
I’ve been a strong supporter of Gab.

I also remain a strong supporter. I would be lying though if I said that I wasn’t concerned over what happened this past weekend. I’m not referring to the shutdown, which lasted a week, or all the technical glitches which have since been sorted out. The site appears to be functioning normally now.

The thing that worries me is that hundreds of accounts were recently purged. This is a sharp increase from the two high profile bannings of Weev and Paul Nehlen over the past two years. I can’t say that I am surprised that some of the edge posters were banned given that flirting with violent rhetoric, even if it is perfectly legal and falls under Brandenburg v. Ohio, is such a massive liability. No one wants to deal with the massive hassle of being deplatformed by their registrar and hosting company.

If you are posting violent rhetoric on the internet, you are making a mistake. Full stop.

1.) First, you are attracting the attention of law enforcement agencies who monitor these things, and everything you say is going into a database somewhere to be used against you.

2.) Second, you are a liability to everyone around you, even those who are unaware of what you are saying. Just look at how much trouble has been caused by random edgelords shitposting on Discord.

3.) Third, it is idiotic to talk about violence on the internet. I mean … like, you are literally leaving a paper trail which can be used by all of your enemies to harm you. It is damaging enough to be associated with taboo ideas without being associated with violence on top of it.

There are other reasons that I could get into as to why this is dumb. It is such a bad idea that I even posted a big warning for future reference about it in the sidebar tonight.

Every single time one of these mass shootings happens there is always a rush by fake news journalists to blame it on sites like this one. Virtually no one supports mass shootings or sees it as anything but a big self own but you know how these things go in our current political climate. There is nothing Donald Trump can do about it either. He is blamed by the media every time it happens too.

So, I completely understand where Andrew Torba is coming from on violent rhetoric, as I don’t want it here either. I run a nationalist website though, not a free speech site. I also get the sense that the recent purge may have been broader than a handful of edge posters memeing about Robert Bowers. No one is mourning the loss of Michael Edison Hayden, but what did accounts like frogwave do to get purged? Who went down and for what reason in the big purge?

Anyway, I guess you could say that I am getting social media fatigue. I don’t see the point in investing so much time and energy in building up accounts only to have your horse shot out from under you. It happened again to Mike Enoch on Twitter last night after the Blue Wave failed to materialize. This is why I never bothered to try to seriously return to Twitter and focused my attention elsewhere.

I’m going to spend more time writing here this winter. I will still be posting on Gab, but I want to take a step back for now and see what comes of all this pressure. It is warm and cozy here. Quite honestly, we needed to spend more time building up our own platform rather than shitposting all day anyway, and the timeout has had a positive impact in that we are writing more articles.

Follow Hunter Wallace on Gab and VK.
http://www.occidentaldissent.com/201...the-gab-purge/
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old November 8th, 2018 #226
Alex Linder
Administrator

Griffin is a funny guy.

Old November 8th, 2018 #227
Enbyeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
if we get enough people agreed on one, we can all join it
Yes, let's do that: stick together as a group. Which one it would be, I have no idea.

Maybe I'll put this about on Gob, to get more of our kind of people to act as one when the best choice becomes clearer..

Old November 8th, 2018 #228
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enbyeff View Post
Yes, let's do that: stick together as a group. Which one it would be, I have no idea.

Maybe I'll put this about on Gob, to get more of our kind of people to act as one when the best choice becomes clearer..
i think we should do a new one and an asian one

most of the Gab were going to minds. i'm not going there because i know it will have same end.

or we could find someone to develop one. matt parrott i nominate. that may be his secret plan he's already working on, i dont know.

really im open to whatever is a good idea.

Old November 8th, 2018 #229
Alex Linder
Administrator

i would almost wonder if vbulletin doesnt have a microblog function writ in, as it has a regular blog

Old November 8th, 2018 #230
Alex Linder
Administrator

Gab cries foul as Pennsylvania attorney general subpoenas DNS provider
"I struggle to see a legit basis for this," one First Amendment expert told us.
TIMOTHY B. LEE - 11/8/2018, 8:52 AM

Pennsylvania attorney general Josh Shapiro is probing Gab's relationship with its new domain name provider, Epik. A subpoena sent to Epik, dated Wednesday, seeks "any and all documents which are related in any way to Gab." [that's complete bullshit. this is the same kike who went after the catholic church, ended up with 2 charges, just dumped everything he found on his fellow kikes in the media]

In a statement to Ars, Gab described the investigation as a "baseless, political, and emotionally-driven witch hunt."

Gab has been in the news recently because the perpetrator of last month's mass shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue appears to have been a Gab user. Gab's strong free-speech policies have made the site popular with antisemites whose hate speech isn't welcome on mainstream social media platforms. An account with the same name as the shooting suspect has featured a number of antisemitic Gab posts—including one posted just hours before the shooting.

GoDaddy responded to the shooting by refusing to continue hosting Gab's domain—forcing the site offline for about a week. Gab came back online after a lesser-known domain provider, Epik, agreed to take Gab as a customer. Now that decision has earned Epik a broad subpoena from the Pennsylvania attorney general's office.

Shapiro's subpoena asked that the letter be kept confidential, but Gab defied that request, posting screenshots of the subpoena on the Gab Twitter account Wednesday afternoon. Gab removed the screenshots from its Twitter account a few hours later.

"The news of the subpoena was not intended for public consumption," wrote Epik CEO Rob Monster in an email statement to Ars. "We are cooperating with their inquiry."

It’s not clear what Shapiro is investigating
Eric Goldman, a legal scholar at Santa Clara University, told us that the law is clear that Gab would not be liable for hosting content from the Pittsburgh shooter. Not only are the posts likely protected by the First Amendment, but a law called Section 230 gives service providers like Gab—not to mention upstream service providers like GoDaddy and Epik—an extra layer of protection against liability for user-submitted content.

So then what is Pennsylvania's attorney general investigating? Shapiro's office hasn't returned emails and a phone call asking about that. But two legal scholars I talked to for this story couldn't think of a legitimate reason for seeking these kinds of documents.

"I struggle to see a legit basis for this," said Ken White, a First Amendment attorney and the proprietor of the popular Popehat blog.

Seeking information about Gab's DNS provider "doesn't make any sense at all," legal scholar Eric Goldman told us.

In another now-deleted tweet, Gab described the subpoena as a form of harassment. Could this be an attempt to punish Epik for doing business with Gab? Goldman described this as plausible and said that this kind of tactic could raise First Amendment issues.

Goldman pointed to a 2015 case where Thomas Dart, the sheriff for Chicago's Cook County, wrote letters to major payment processors asking them to "voluntarily" drop Backpage as a customer. Backpage had become a leading venue for advertising commercial sex services, and Dart accused Backpage of profiting off of sex trafficking.

A federal judge smacked Dart down, finding that Dart's campaign had violated Backpage's First Amendment rights. Dart's lobbying campaign was informal, and it had targeted third parties instead of Backpage directly. Nevertheless, the judge found that Dart had harmed Backpage's First Amendment rights.

Goldman doubted that an attorney general sending out subpoenas would be enough, on its own, to violate the First Amendment. But if it were part of a broader campaign to discourage providers from doing business with Gab, that could raise significant free speech concerns.

But there may not be much Gab can do beyond waiting to see what Pennsylvania's attorney general does next, White told us.

"Subpoena power is incredibly broad and authorities can go on pure fishing expeditions," White said. "There are few remedies to limit the scope of an investigation when it’s using measures like this."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-dns-provider/

Old November 8th, 2018 #231
Enbyeff

Kike barratry.

Old November 8th, 2018 #232
Jim B

Default Torba

I suspected Torba was going to purge people deemed to hot to handle like Alex since he was doing some heavy duty cucking on Twitter all of last week.

Old November 8th, 2018 #233
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
I suspected Torba was going to purge people deemed to hot to handle like Alex since he was doing some heavy duty cucking on Twitter all of last week.
He handled the Bowers thing completely wrong.

He had no duty to do ANYTHING.

And he disobeyed the valid principle, "When there is nothing to do, it is necessary to do nothing."

So Bowers posted on Gab?

And?

He basically ran from his own rules, which Bowers didn't break. He showed his own words mean nothing. He showed weakness. He showed disloyalty.

As a result, showing that he can be run, he's now got some kike sending him open-ended subpoenas, and the new clowns he's signed with say they're going to comply with them.

Old November 9th, 2018 #234
seapea
whitegenocide.info

Default Alternatives

SOLID
The project, Solid, that Tim Berners-Lee has put together might be the long term solution we need. In a nutshell, users will own, control and be responsible for their own data, including storage.

https://solid.inrupt.com/how-it-works

https://www.fastcompany.com/90243936...world-wide-web

After skimming through the Solid docs today, it looks promising. Like most new platforms, the apps haven't been built for it yet.

MASTODON
An open source micro-blogging platform. This might be a good short term solution we could host ourselves. I haven't played it with yet but it shouldn't be too hard to stand up an instance and give it a spin.

https://joinmastodon.org

Old November 9th, 2018 #235
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapea View Post
SOLID
The project, Solid, that Tim Berners-Lee has put together might be the long term solution we need. In a nutshell, users will own, control and be responsible for their own data, including storage.

MASTODON
An open source micro-blogging platform. This might be a good short term solution we could host ourselves. I haven't played it with yet but it shouldn't be too hard to stand up an instance and give it a spin.

could mastodon handle hundreds of thousands of users easily?

Old November 9th, 2018 #236
Alex Linder
Administrator

MASTODON

https://joinmastodon.org[/QUOTE]

what does it take to set mastadon up in terms of hosting and management?

Old November 9th, 2018 #237
Alex Linder
Administrator

lets find out what we need to set one up and then do it

Old November 9th, 2018 #238
Johan
Banned

I think this mastodon isn't what we looking for,if we put time and energy in it.It's a waste of time and energy because we will quickly throw out of it.

Tired of Nazis in Your Twitter Mentions? Try Mastodon.

"That same day, Eugen Rochko, the developer behind Twitter competitor Mastodon, was taking an entirely different tack. Asked by a Mastodon user why his network was silencing “alt-right” groups, Rochko made his position perfectly clear.

“Nazis are bad and I don’t want to give them a platform for recruiting,” he said. When this person pressed him—in frustrating troll fashion—about the specific meaning of the word Nazi, he doubled down. “That bullshit doesn't work on me man.”

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a2...tter-platform/

Old November 9th, 2018 #239
Johan
Banned

Default A true WN don't use the tools of the enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapea View Post

MASTODON

"Recently, the FSF had an opportunity to interview Eugen Rochko. The interview was conducted over email and edited for content and clarity. To learn more about Mastodon, you can visit mastodon.social."

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

"I am a recent graduate from Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, where I studied computer science. I am German, of Jewish/Russian origin.
"

https://www.fsf.org/bulletin/2017/sp...odon-interview

Old November 9th, 2018 #240
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Gab was invaded by leftists, jews and antifa and they are mass reporting our posts and hacking our accounts to try to dox us I just had to make my account private.

Torba interview where he brags about his website being a honeypot, many people are leaving since you never know what they will share with the subpoena kike.

Quote:
WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) - Attention is turning to gab.com - a social media platform on which accused Pittsburgh synagogue shooter Robert Bowers was a community member. Lackawanna County Native Andrew Torba founded the site. He spoke exclusively with Eyewitness News Reporter Mark Hiller to set the record straight on the website he created, what responsibility he believes he bears for the Pittsburgh synagogue attack and what the future holds for him and "gab".

Wearing a cap that said "Make Speech Free Again", gab.com founder Andrew Torba spoke to Eyewitness News on Tuesday with his social media platform linked to the worst mass shooting at a synagogue in U.S. history. "I was horrified to find out that this terrorist, this alleged terrorist, was on our site."

Gab's domain provider took the site off-line after learning Robert Bowers, the accused gunman at Tree of Life Synagogue, had an anti-semitic digital footprint on gab and posted just minutes before the attack, "I'm going in." Mr. Torba claims gab is a victim of unfair guilt through association. "There are bad people in the world and they are on every social network. They are on the internet and for the media to attack us and blame us for the actions, these horrific terroristic actions of one man who bears the sole responsibility for this - no one else."

Mr. Torba also believes his site, which he says has more than 800,000 community members, helps expose dangerous individuals who otherwise would lurk in silence. "More speech is always going to be the answer to combat bad speech or hate speech."

Mr. Torba says while his gab platform allows people to speak freely, he's enforced guidelines. Case in point, he claims, is his removal of some 100,000 BOTs connected with the alt-right computer hacker 'weev' known for its calls of genocide against non-whites. "Free speech is not anarchy and I think a lot of people misinterpret that. They think that free speech means you can say anything and do anything you want and that's just not true."

While gab is down, Mr. Torba says don't count him or his site out. "We will be back. We are building everything essentially from scratch on our own from the ground up." He said his conservative goal is to get gab.com up and running by this weekend.

Mr. Torba says he contacted the FBI and Department of Justice over the weekend once he became aware Bowers was a community member on gab. Mr. Torba says he's "heartbroken" over the synagogue massacre. He also claims he and his own family are now receiving death threats.
https://www.pahomepage.com/news/eyew...nce/1562865328
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Thread