VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 23rd, 2013 #41
Jean West

Default Grammatical Inquiry

http://vnnforum.com/register.php

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules: Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below..

Forum Rules

1) Choose a normal name.

Like John Ferguson.

Or Ted Smith.

No fantasy names. No famous names. No names of historic figures.

This forum is for serious, responsible adults only.

If you don't choose a normal name,

YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED.

39 responses to a one-cent question posed by "Crystal Winterfrost'" - the answer to which any "serious, responsible adult" could have discovered on her or his own in a minute or less on or off line.

If I sound peevish, it's because, as a result of my having taken to heart the Rules set out by Alex Linder and cited above, I adopted pseudonymously the mealy-mouthed "normal name" of Jean West to satisfy the John Ferguson Ted Smith requirement, in place of using my real name,

Thistle Mistletoe

Old February 23rd, 2013 #42
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
Do you notice a difference in the way "enter" and "inter" are pronounced?
The 'short E' and the 'short I' sounds in English are pretty damn different ... if they're not different coming from your mouth, you aren't enunciating your words correctly.

Old February 23rd, 2013 #43
Justin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
The 'short E' and the 'short I' sounds in English are pretty damn different ... if they're not different coming from your mouth, you aren't enunciating your words correctly.
I already said they were different twice. They're SIMILAR, but different. Now go back to your 'tard corral, Valdez.

Old February 23rd, 2013 #44
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.N. Dalvez View Post
Yes, to us, but if I'm correct, most of the other respondents to this thread are American and they have a drawl which blurs the difference between en and in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I already said they were different twice. They're SIMILAR, but different. Now go back to your 'tard corral, Valdez.
If you hear - I was going to say a BBC announcer, but scratch that, nowadays - someone with a correct English accent - take one of the Royals (please!) for example, say the words, there is a significant difference.

(PS it wasn't Valdez)

Old February 23rd, 2013 #45
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean West View Post

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules: Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below..

Forum Rules

1) Choose a normal name.

Like John Ferguson.

Or Ted Smith.

39 responses to a one-cent question posed by "Crystal Winterfrost'" - the answer to which any "serious, responsible adult" could have discovered on her or his own in a minute or less on or off line.

If I sound peevish, it's because, as a result of my having taken to heart the Rules set out by Alex Linder and cited above, I adopted pseudonymously the mealy-mouthed "normal name" of Jean West to satisfy the John Ferguson Ted Smith requirement, in place of using my real name,

Thistle Mistletoe
To be fair, it's not a question that can be answered easily. Various reputable grammar sites disagree on the correct usage. Since the question was posed and I gave my (to me, correct) answer, I have observed several various source - some allegedly quite reputable - use a combination of both methods. If professional writers (such as newspaper reporters claim to be) aren't sure which is correct, how is the average person meant to be sure?

I think my answer is correct in traditional, formal English (and I am backed up by Strunk and White) but these days the standards have slipped and either is permissible.

Ethelreda C Grammarpantsical (III)

Old February 24th, 2013 #46
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Now go back to your 'tard corral, Valdez.
Go back to your crackhead trailer park...weird ass nigga.

Old February 24th, 2013 #47
Crystal Winterfrost
卐 ☠ ϟϟ ✠ 卐 ✠ ϟϟ ☠ 卐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
guy?
How am I supposed to tell what gender you are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Thanks for the links. They both sound exactly the same to me, as I thought they should. I imagined "enquiry" should be similar to the words "English," and "England" in the way they're pronounced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean West View Post

Forum Rules

1) Choose a normal name.

Like John Ferguson.

Or Ted Smith.

Thistle Mistletoe
Huh?

Old February 24th, 2013 #48
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

LOL, "Crystal Winterfrost"? Do you cook methamphetamine?

Old February 24th, 2013 #49
Crystal Winterfrost
卐 ☠ ϟϟ ✠ 卐 ✠ ϟϟ ☠ 卐

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. Valdez View Post
LOL, "Crystal Winterfrost"? Do you cook methamphetamine?
Um... Random, much? I don't even know how to respond to this...
No, I don't cook meth?

Old February 24th, 2013 #50
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Winterfrost View Post
No, I don't cook meth?
Congrats, Crystal!
You've just been "beaned" . Join the club.
You're one of us now.

Old February 24th, 2013 #51
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Congrats, Crystal!
You've just been "beaned" . Join the club.
You're one of us now.
Better watch your mouth, bitch. I ain't someone to talk funny to, howlie. BTW, aren't "spics" in Spain?

Old February 24th, 2013 #52
Justin
Banned

Quote:
No, I don't cook meth?
I'd ignore that one if I were you. Valdez is a beaner that's somehow convinced itself that it's a pure-blooded Asian amerindian, and is a "native" of the Americas. Oy ze irony.

Old February 24th, 2013 #53
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
I'd ignore that one if I were you. Valdez is a beaner that's somehow convinced itself that it's a pure-blooded Asian amerindian, and is a "native" of the Americas. Oy ze irony.
I've never said that I was "pure-blooded" anything, bitch. The concept of "pure blood" was probably inapplicable to begin with, and only applies nowadays to isolated Indian populations in rural areas such as pockets of the Amazon.

Why you such a stupid hoe?

Old February 24th, 2013 #54
Justin
Banned

Quote:
Better watch your mouth, bitch. I ain't someone to talk funny to, howlie. BTW, aren't "spics" in Spain?
Going to throw a crying fit and hit the firewater again? A 3' tall, overweight bean dawg shouldn't speak that way to a White woman. She might accidentally step on you like the cockroach you resemble.

Old February 24th, 2013 #55
Justin
Banned

Quote:
Why you such a stupid hoe?
Would a shovel be smarter? Learn Y.T.'s language or quit opening your bean-flaps, trash.

Old February 24th, 2013 #56
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Quote:
Going to throw a crying fit and hit the firewater again? A 3' tall, overweight bean dawg shouldn't speak that way to a White woman.
You don't rate to be called a woman, bitch.

I'm of average height for American males, btw. I'm definitely in much better physical condition than the overweight/obese population. It's called interval training, couch warrior; try it sometime.

Old February 24th, 2013 #57
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
I'm of average height for American males.
So you're actually about half a foot taller than most beaner trash. Big whoop.

Old February 24th, 2013 #58
Justin
Banned

Quote:
You don't rate to be called a woman, bitch.

I'm of average height for American males, btw. I'm definitely in much better physical condition than the overweight/obese population. It's called interval training, couch warrior; try it sometime.
"American males"? I'd assume that averages much shorter than White males then, considering you beaners average about 4'8"-ish, right?

Old February 24th, 2013 #59
Crystal Winterfrost
卐 ☠ ϟϟ ✠ 卐 ✠ ϟϟ ☠ 卐

"N.M. Valdez," what are you even posting on this thread for? You aren't contributing anything of value to it, and instead all you're doing is derailing it. In fact, why do you even post on this forum at all? You're just some brown mud who's here to annoy everyone else, and ruin threads for your own entertainment. Stick to the “'tard corral” where you belong; away from any and all threads that require some semi-intelligence. Or better yet, screw off completely, and go back to Mexisucks.

Old February 24th, 2013 #60
Justin
Banned

Quote:
"N.M. Valdez," what are you even posting on this thread for? You aren't contributing anything of value to it, and instead all you're doing is derailing it. In fact, why do you even post on this forum at all? You're just some brown mud who's here to annoy everyone else, and ruin threads for your own entertainment. Stick to the “'tard corral” where you belong; away from any and all threads that require some semi-intelligence. Or better yet, screw off completely, and go back to Mexisucks.
I'm waiting for it to see your location status and then drop the inevitable "wer u frum? u got bf?" and so on... :

Thread